Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,552 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) (50357 Views)

Enugu State Government Demolishes Buildings In Centenary City, Residents Cry Out / Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Johnn74: 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
Satanistx:
he dosnt deserve any. He is an idiot and idiots don't deserve sympathy
The problem with us Nigerians is that we dont know how to treat loved ones & people until they pass away. 😭
Nigerians dont know how to treat lloved ones well especially when they make a mistake. (Sammie Okposo comes to mind😭) .
I understand your loved one/relative did not heed your logical advice and did what was in his mind. If he had known, he woulda listened to you But seriously, this is not the time to treat him harshly. He will be going through a serious grieving//depression state right now. Just act as a bulwark of support and Treat him with Empathy🙏, make im nor think too much. He just experienced a loss. Whether is loss of property or say a car , its just like his baby. He will be going thru the normal stages of grief. Be Compassionate for now. U can always scold him later cool 👑 Now its not just the time.🙏
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Jokerman(m): 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2023
ppogba:

Too much or too little sir before I make clarification.

Too much
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Menclothing: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2023
30 percent of buildings in Lagos have red x mark from government they will
Still
Do coconut head and build on illegal land

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by casualobserver: 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
pinkygurl:
Interesting but they should have given them ( all people sited on illegal/non government approved structures ) enough prior notifications to enable them evacuate their properties . This is not good

They were all given notice. Let us stop pretending we don’t know our people. The woman was going on about not been allowed to go get her things but we all know once she is allowed she won’t come out daring the workers to destroy the properties with her in it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by TollinsN: 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
Jostoman:
You have been in power for more than 24 years in lagos but what i know is that nothing last forever.

We understand Bat and sanwo.o bitterness if you check those place results in presidential election you will understand.
Senseless people quickly add political colouration to actions required by law.
No demolition will ever take place without a minimum of 6 months notice. Some people will use the advantage to swindle the owner of the building by telling them to bring several thousands of Naira that they will take to governors office to beg the governor and commissioner. They will keep telling them that the money is not up to what the governor's office is demanding. This people will keep paying till the time given them elapsed. That is when it will dawn on them that no penny get to the gate of secretariat talkless of the governor..
NOTE :- SIX MONTHS IS FAR BEFORE ELECTION, SO STOP DISPLAYING IGNORANCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
IT IS NOT COMPULSORY THAT YOU MUST ALWAYS SHOW THAT YOU ARE NEGATIVELY MINDED

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by MadarasBlade(m): 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
We igbos need to be smarter when investing next time, it's time to think back home. The wise ones
Will hear my words clearly, what happened this last election was an eye opener.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by BLACKDICK007: 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2023
nice one lasg cool

Lagos must be great again cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by casualobserver: 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2023
dominique:
Millions of naira worth of investment, hope the government will compensate them a bit sad

Compensate for what?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Lionstep: 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2023
helinues:
Deterrent to others building without having government approval.

How I wish you know how much a block is in the market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Eriokanmi: 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2023
The legit people to buy lands from in Lagos are the ogas at alausa. Many of them bought lands and kept, until they appreciated before reselling. Those lands have original documents, verifiable anywhere because na dem dey allocate and issue documents so, they always ensure they get papers for any land acquired by them. It costs them nothing. They get approvals on a padi-padi basis and mostly on lagos state acquired and developed lands. If you patronise touts or omo oniles, OYO! If you want to buy from someone who wishes to resell, go to Alausa and verify those documents before you rear head, to avoid stories that touch

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by hosemujica: 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2023
Afamed:

Keep quiet, it is not about destroying Igbo property, it is about sanity. Igbos are not the only ones who own property at Ajao Estate.
You have time to reply that low lifer.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by baralatie(m): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2023
Lionstep:

How I wish you know how much a block is in the market
The person you quoted should just come to lasg to know how much approval costs
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
NOC1:

Will you please keep quiet, in Nigeria we go against the law openly and still blackmail government openly. Have you had discussions with friends building on Government properties before?

The will tell you I am not the only one, before government will come I have realized my money. Everybody that built in green areas, redlines, reserved areas etc are aware.

The one that will shake Lagos one-day is Festac phase 11 (Abulado) any day FG remembers that area, cries and heartbreak 💔 😢 tears will be much, it will look like Elrufai demolition in Abuja.

I know you will say their is no warning. I am aware for the past 7 years FG have been warning them.
Nigerians are just crazy... Even this morning no traffic driver no gree turn for round about normally... I was like traffic no dey why not turn normal... Na this blackmail I even hate pass... Government wan suffer us this that... Nigerians no gbadub

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by JOemmy(m): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2023
WesternPanzer:
Am an Igbo man. But May God empower you more Sanwo OLU! Show no mercy. Anyday you stop the destruction, may death amd destruction never depart from your family and that of your supporters in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

These recent developments all over Nigeria is quite commendable. I cannot even build one factory in any other state that is not Anambra not to talk of going beyond Eastern Region. I dey mad? At least if the property and assets dey my papa land, come and harass me in it.

You will see God for judgement in 1 second.

Nothing gives me joy everyday than the pulling down of so called Igbo structures and markets in Lagos. If possible, the usual miscreants from that region should burn them as they usually do. I prayed everyday for this and God seems to be answering.

I really wish Sanwo Olu can destroy Computer village, ASPAMDA, LADIPO and Alaba. Those markets are meant to be in Eastern region. Asin totally destroy them. Some Ndigbo need to have sense.

I have one of my Anambra brothers who has over 20 estates in Lagos alone. 15 are all on the island alone... LIKE WHAT DA HELL? On another mans region?

Abandon property of old did not teach you people anything? Unu abudi iddiot? Chukwu kpoo unu oku dia.

Another very stupid Igbo man from same Anambra has over 40 houses in Ogba and Ojodu berger. The way this man was investing into properties even got me scared. But this same iddiot has only 2 buildings in the East. What a buffon!

Such volume of Real Estate should be in your village in the East even if its not yielding money! Build and abandon it there in the East!

You get mind dey develop another man region? Dey call am no man's land? Are you an iddiot? Don't you think of our future generations who will come in 100 years time?

Ndi Igbo All over the world, continue developing Lagos and Nigeria inugo? Umu MPAMA! You see these things all over the forum saying all sorts about your region and you think they don't mean it?

Don't learn vital lessons and turn EASTERN REGION TO AN ECONOMIC POWER HOUSE. We don't need those people... BELIEVE ME. At the right time, they will come begging.

Honestly Sanwo Olu should continue with the destruction of all Igbo properties both LEGAL and ILLEGAL. There is something we are looking for.

If They runaway from the destruction of Igbo properties they started, may death and destruction never depart from their families and lineage in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Take it easy if u carefully read the story u will find out that this particular demolition is not targeted at igbos but people who trespassed into federal govt land.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by JOemmy(m): 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2023
Satanistx:
Lone of the houses belongs to my cousin. I clearly told him that the location is bad but he was adamant. I told him his house will get destroyed in a maximum of 30 years. Now it already destroyed in less then 3 years. I hope they compensate the madafakas

Compensate him for encroaching on govt land?
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by wakaman: 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2023
WesternPanzer:
Am an Igbo man. But May God empower you more Sanwo OLU! Show no mercy. Anyday you stop the destruction, may death amd destruction never depart from your family and that of your supporters in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

These recent developments all over Nigeria is quite commendable. I cannot even build one factory in any other state that is not Anambra not to talk of going beyond Eastern Region. I dey mad? At least if the property and assets dey my papa land, come and harass me in it.

Nothing gives me joy everyday than the pulling down of so called Igbo structures and markets in Lagos. If possible, the usual miscreants from that region should burn them as they usually do. I prayed everyday for this and God seems to be answering.

I really wish Sanwo Olu can destroy Computer village, ASPAMDA, LADIPO and Alaba. Those markets are meant to be in Eastern region. Asin totally destroy them. Some Ndigbo need to have sense.

I have one of my Anambra brothers who has over 20 estates in Lagos alone. 15 are all on the island alone... LIKE WHAT DA HELL? On another mans region?

Abandon property of old did not teach you people anything? Unu abudi iddiot? Chukwu kpoo unu oku dia.

Another very stupid Igbo man from same Anambra has over 40 houses in Ogba and Ojodu berger. The way this man was investing into properties even got me scared. But this same iddiot has only 2 buildings in the East. What a buffon!

Such volume of Real Estate should be in your village in the East even if its not yielding money! Build and abandon it there in the East!

You get mind dey develop another man region? Dey call am no man's land? Are you an iddiot? Don't you think of our future generations who will come in 100 years time?

Ndi Igbo All over the world, continue developing Lagos and Nigeria inugo? Umu MPAMA! You see these things all over the forum saying all sorts about your region and you think they don't mean it?

Don't learn vital lessons and turn EASTERN REGION TO AN ECONOMIC POWER HOUSE. We don't need those people... BELIEVE ME. At the right time, they will come begging.

Honestly Sanwo Olu should continue with the destruction of all Igbo properties both LEGAL and ILLEGAL. There is something we are looking for.

If They runaway from the destruction of Igbo properties they started, may death and destruction never depart from their families and lineage in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

You are true nzobu no Brainer.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by ppogba: 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Another one is inside the Army Barracks after Trade Fair Complex. I was shocked when I saw the amount of Private Buildings inside that Barracks the day I took my son to write the Common Entrance Exams some years ago inside the Barracks.

I had to ask an Army man and he said and I quote " Army never ready for them". Massive Buildings, rows upon rows. And I was like, inside an Army Barracks?

Tell me something.
Inside army barracks?

Are you aware of various issues.even in places like Kaduna where the NA, NAF or NN will just wake up one day and start chasing people away from their residences. Investigations always reveal that the lands were acquired years ago and that the fore fathers of the people complaining now are actually aware of the acquisition.

Believe you me, as the army man you quoted said, when they are ready for them, dem go hear wen.

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Bahamas95(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2023
Some people don't just make use of their brains, why would any sensible person buy land in a pipeline? undecided

I visited my friend who moved to a new apartment sometime ago and noticed the area is very close to a pipeline. I was shocked, there were lots of building there. Most Nigerians are just brainless, later they'll start blaming the devil for their foolishness if something goes wrong.

Even if you give me free accommodation in that place I won't stay.....Just one fvck up everybody go burn to ashes.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by DaddyJapan(m): 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2023
Arabaincubus:
Where were the govt agencies when the buildings were springing up?

NIGERIA is indeed a downgraded zoo - always happy to see her citizens in anguish.

Govt agencies cannot be everywhere at once.
Just so you know, even in so-called advanced countries, illegal structures are often brought down only after the fact.

See how Indian authorities demolished an illegal 32-storey building (below)?

India demolishes illegal apartment blocks - highest buildings in country to be razed to the ground

Two illegally-constructed skyscrapers near New Delhi have been demolished, with thousands of kilos of explosives razing them to the ground in less than 10 seconds.

The apartment blocks on the outskirts of India's capital city were the tallest structures ever taken down in the country in such a short time.

Thousands of people had to be moved from their homes before the demolition, and crowds watched the spectacle from nearby rooftops, cheering as the 103-metre (338ft) tall towers fell.
Source: https://news.sky.com/story/india-demolishes-illegal-apartment-blocks-highest-buildings-in-country-to-be-razed-to-the-ground-12683725
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by kpompey: 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2023
baralatie:

8 years
Yes , government had consistently notified them over 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Lukuluku69(m): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2023
ppogba:

Tell me something.
Inside army barracks?

Are you aware of various issues.even in places like Kaduna where the NA, NAF or NN will just wake up one day and start chasing people away from their residences. Investigations always reveal that the lands were acquired years ago and that the fore fathers of the people complaining now are actually aware of the acquisition.

Believe you me, as the army man you quoted said, when they are ready for them, dem go hear wen.

I was shocked when I saw those buildings back then (2017). I have been to many Barracks before Abati Barracks, Dodan Barracks, Ikeja Cantonments but I have never seen Private Buildings inside.

But I saw it at that Barracks just after Trade Fair Complex inward Badagry. Massive buildings, rows after rows.

The anguish it will cause when the Army finally get their time can only be imagined.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by DaddyJapan(m): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2023
Nigeria - a country where public administration takes on ethno-religious and political colouration for its government and the governed embarassed

Igbo youths sends SOS to Sanwo-Olu over demolition of Igbo houses in Lagos

Sunday, April 30, 2023

From Stanley Uzoaru, Owerri

Igbo Youth under the aegis of the Coalition of South East Youth Leaders (COSEYL) has send a Save Our Soul (SOS) message to governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu over the demolition of Igbo houses in Rockview Estate in Ajao,Lagos State.

President General of the Igbo group,Goodluck Ibem said he is worried over the singling out of the Igbo in the demolition exercise.

He also claimed the houses under demolition were owned by landlords loyal to the Labour Party(LP).

Ibem said the group was irked by lack of notice by the Lagos State government and demolition of their properties.

In his warning, Ibem said “Governor Sanwu-Olu is gradually building up anarchy and a war which might consume the entire Nation. We warn him to retrace his step and stop forthwith the demolition of Igbo houses in Lagos State.

“We call on President Muhammadu Buhari to call Governor Sanwu-Olu to order before he throws the country into anarchy and lawlessness.

“Nigerians no matter the tribe are constitutional empowered by law to live in any state or community of their choice and that law to bigger than Sanwu-Olu and his partners in crime to change overnight.

“We call on the United Nations and the international community to immediately intervene while also placing a visa ban on Governor Sanwu-Olu and his partners in this wickedness against humanity.
Source: https://sunnewsonline.com/igbo-youths-sends-sos-to-sanwo-olu-over-demolition-of-igbo-houses-in-lagos/
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by BabaO2: 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2023
They will always play victim card.
This is Lagos abeg, if your standard is not up to the set standard of center of excellence, dont bother thinking of having sense of belonging in Lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by YeyeGbami: 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2023
ppogba:

If as a lawyer, you charge an average Nigerian N100k to conduct search on a land they are ready to build on, not only will they tell you the money is too much but they will also tell you they have much trust in the omo- onile than you as a lawyer.
#mentality.

I dey tell you! some people cannot even pay 2K to get comprehensive auto check before buying car of millions.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Pityoobi: 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2023
WesternPanzer:

Una too dey over estimate una self. Na villagers for Alaigbo go buy computers abi? You said you are doing business, no be the same Yoruba people wey una hate dey buy una goods.. relocate your business to Anambra and see poverty dethrone you from the little grace you dey manage for Yoruba land.

Shebi una dey jump up and down with Llllppeee. The thing go clear for una eyes very soon. You can't challenge your host and landlords to a superiority fight and go back home to sleep in his house. You have all bitten more than you can chew and I tell you, the results will be devastating. This is just a taste of what's to come.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by zoedew: 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
WHEN FOLKS CHOOSE TO BE LAWLESS, THEY GET SERVED APPROPRIATELY. MOST OF THE FOLKS WHO ARE PROPERTY OWNERS IN AJAO ESTATE ARE OF THE FOLKS WHO BELIEVE MONEY CAN BUY ANYTHING INCLUDING BUILDING APPROVALS EVEN WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL TO BUILD.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by nifemi25(m): 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
vickydevoka:

You are talking rubbbissh. An estate house with c of o. Who issues c of o. Na Ur papa. It's an intentional demolition to get a particular people

An illiterate like you can't understand what they called c of o..... Government will never issue c of o on an acquisition land..... why showcasing your illiteracy online

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Kay25(m): 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
Jostoman:
Politics of bitterness don dey inside their blood, LP win in presidential election still dey pain them.
So when lp wins u will all go build house on pipelines cos u are in power abi and whenfire burns u down u will start saying it's work of opposition..nah think beyond ur bitterness for bat just be rational..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Sleekfingers: 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
WesternPanzer:

RIp English.
There are lots of brainless children on this forum

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by solreb: 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2023
WesternPanzer:

What a mentality! That destruction didn't target any particular tribe. I have seen that happen before at Isheri Olofin near Idimu because people built houses on pipelines. It also happend in the 90's inside Abesan Jakande estate Ipaja because people build on govt reserved. Govt areas. I was still in my teens then. Lagos just started demolition of houses in Banana Island because they lacked the right Approvals. S9meone commented about Festal phase 2 above. I was aware of this since 2014 as we were brought down there from Abuja to reclaim parts of the area. They gave seceral houses quit notice then. We need to start doing things right in this country.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by zoedew: 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2023
WesternPanzer:

TYPICAL! RAW! UNCOUTH!! ARROGANT!!! AND ABUSIVE!!! FOLKS IN YOUR MOULD ALMOST ALWAYS LIVE WITH A VICTIM MENTALITY HAVING MADE THEMSELVES ONE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by ppogba: 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2023
Jokerman:

Too much

Okay, I will volunteer to enlighten you.

1. The cost of search will depend on the value of the land you want to buy. If you want to buy a plot worth N25m, the price will be different from a plot of 500k.

2. Search (es) are different depending on who is conducting it. A thorough search by a good lawyer will not end up at government agencies or offices. It starts from the family compound of the owner of the land, finding out who and who are the signatories being portrayed, number of wives and children of the owner in addition to the consent or otherwise of all necessary claimant to the land.

3. A thorough search can take any one conducting it even to where you never envisaged.

Buttom line, building a house is not bread and butter.

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See Photos From My House Warming Ceremony (Photos) / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering / Meet Musa Usman, The Gateman Who Rejected House Offer For Borehole In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.