Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) (50309 Views)

Enugu State Government Demolishes Buildings In Centenary City, Residents Cry Out / Enugu State Government Demolishes Properties Encroaching On Road Allowance / Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by ipobarecriminals: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2023
grin cheesy angry u don add politics to this Abi? So,u prefer ur OBI to build house on top of NNPC pipeline,water pipe etc? Well, crying is fun grin e o ti ri nkan kan
Jostoman:
Politics of bitterness don dey inside their blood, LP win in presidential election still dey pain them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Arabaincubus: 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2023
Where were the govt agencies when the buildings were springing up?

NIGERIA is indeed a downgraded zoo - always happy to see her citizens in anguish.

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Satanistx: 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2023
Johnn74:

That was how KpoKpogri-Tonto's ex, Abuja mansion ,was demolished recently. Even Indaboski pastors church was recently demolished in Anambra. Multi million buildings demolished in seconds. So sorry bro. Take heart. I pray he rises out of this stronger and wiser. 💪 Sending your Coz love and light
he dosnt deserve any. He is an idiot and idiots don't deserve sympathy

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by flokii: 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2023
Ndi we are buying up Lagos.. continue o.

Let unregistered omoniles be selling illegal lands to you and be collecting your hard earned money... won fi owo mugu je ofada.
Don't go back and develop your region.. Be wasting your life earnings in Lagos while govt. continues to demolish them all.

I know Eze ndigbo kirikiri house abi palace sef go dey among the demolished properties.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by DaddyJapan(m): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2023
Satanistx:
Lone of the houses belongs to my cousin. I clearly told him that the location is bad but he was adamant. I told him his house will get destroyed in a maximum of 30 years. Now it already destroyed in less then 3 years. I hope they compensate the madafakas

It is a shame that your cousin's recalcitrance has brought him to this point.

He said, “Nobody in his right thinking mind will go and buy a plot on a pipeline and build on the pipeline.”

He stated that due consultations and communications have been made with enough time off over eight years, 2016, given to the occupants of the affected buildings to evacuate the structures.

Oki lamented over the spate of building collapse in Lagos, blaming it on basically, “attitudinal problem".

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/why-we-demolished-13-buildings-at-ajao-estate-lagos-govt/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Jokerman(m): 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
ppogba:

If as a lawyer, you charge an average Nigerian N100k to conduct search on a land they are ready to build on, not only will they tell you the money is too much but they will also tell you they have much trust in the omo- onile than you as a lawyer.
#mentality.

How can a lawyer charge 100k for search bro?? That's robbery
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by sparko1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
Jokerman:

It's for people to return back to the east and south south,that's what he's clamouring for

To do what? He thinks if the sellers return to their states the buyers will return with them, lol!

You will be replaced before you get to berger.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by baralatie(m): 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
It is the same thing that happened with railway corporation.people were and had encroached their land and facilities.
That it was locked in a serious issue with Lagos state.
At the end Lagos state started clearing buildings off railway property

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by greggng: 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
WesternPanzer:
Am an Igbo man. But May God empower you more Sanwo OLU! Show no mercy. Anyday you stop the destruction, may death amd destruction never depart from your family and that of your supporters in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

These recent developments all over Nigeria is quite commendable. I cannot even build one factory in any other state that is not Anambra not to talk of going beyond Eastern Region. I dey mad? At least if the property and assets dey my papa land, come and harass me in it.

You will see God for judgement in 1 second.

Nothing gives me joy everyday than the pulling down of so called Igbo structures in Lagos. I prayed everyday for this and God seems to be answering.

I really wish Sanwo Olu can destroy Computer village, ASPAMDA, LADIPO and Alaba. Those markets are meant to be in Eastern region. Asin totally destroy them. Some Ndigbo need to have sense.

I have one of my Anambra brothers who has over 20 estates in Lagos alone. 15 are all on the island alone... LIKE WHAT DA HELL? On another mans region?

Abandon property of old did not teach you people anything? Unu abudi iddiot? Chukwu kpoo unu oku dia.

Another very stupid Igbo man from same Anambra has over 40 houses in Ogba and Ojodu berger. The way this man was investing into properties even got me scared. But this same iddiot has only 2 buildings in the East. What a buffon!

Such volume of Real Estate should be in your village in the East even if its not yielding money! Build and abandon it there in the East!

You get mind dey develop another man region? Dey call am no man's land? Are you an iddiot? Don't you think of our future generations who will come in 100 years time?

Ndi Igbo All over the world, continue developing Lagos and Nigeria inugo? Umu MPAMA! You see these things all over the forum saying all sorts about your region and you think they don't mean it?

Don't learn vital lessons and turn EASTERN REGION TO AN ECONOMIC POWER HOUSE. We don't need those people... BELIEVE ME. At the right time, they will come begging.

Honestly Sanwo Olu should continue with the destruction of all Igbo properties both LEGAL and ILLEGAL. There is something we are looking for.

If They runaway from the destruction of Igbo properties they started, may death and destruction never depart from their families and lineage in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Jokerman(m): 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2023
sparko1:

To do what? He thinks if the sellers return to their states the buyers will return with them, lol!

You will be replaced before you get to berger.

Na small small.

That's how the Israelites left Egypt

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Jokerman(m): 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2023
baralatie:
It is the same thing that happened with railway corporation.people were and had encroached their land and facilities.
That it was locked in a serious issue with Lagos state.
At the end Lagos state started clearing buildings off railway property

Along Ilupeju area. You are right.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by NinjaMetahuman: 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2023
NOC1:

Will you please keep quiet, in Nigeria we go against the law openly and still blackmail government openly. Have you had discussions with friends building on Government properties before?

The will tell you I am not the only one, before government will come I have realized my money. Everybody that built in green areas, redlines, reserved areas etc are aware.

The one that will shake Lagos one-day is Festac phase 11 (Abulado) any day FG remembers that area, cries and heartbreak 💔 😢 tears will be much, it will look like Elrufai demolition in Abuja.

I know you will say their is no warning. I am aware for the past 7 years FG have been warning them.
they are not aware is always a coping mechanism to make government look bad.

No way government will just wake one morning and start demolishing random houses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Benitoh: 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2023
WesternPanzer:
Am an Igbo man. But May God empower you more Sanwo OLU! Show no mercy. Anyday you stop the destruction, may death amd destruction never depart from your family and that of your supporters in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

These recent developments all over Nigeria is quite commendable. I cannot even build one factory in any other state that is not Anambra not to talk of going beyond Eastern Region. I dey mad? At least if the property and assets dey my papa land, come and harass me in it.

Nothing gives me joy everyday than the pulling down of so called Igbo structures in Lagos. I prayed everyday for this and God seems to be answering.

I really wish Sanwo Olu can destroy Computer village, ASPAMDA, LADIPO and Alaba. Those markets are meant to be in Eastern region. Asin totally destroy them. Some Ndigbo need to have sense.

I have one of my Anambra brothers who has over 20 estates in Lagos alone. 15 are all on the island alone... LIKE WHAT DA HELL? On another mans region?

Abandon property of old did not teach you people anything? Unu abudi iddiot? Chukwu kpoo unu oku dia.

Another very stupid Igbo man from same Anambra has over 40 houses in Ogba and Ojodu berger. The way this man was investing into properties even got me scared. But this same iddiot has only 2 buildings in the East. What a buffon!

Such volume of Real Estate should be in your village in the East even if its not yielding money! Build and abandon it there in the East!

You get mind dey develop another man region? Dey call am no man's land? Are you an iddiot? Don't you think of our future generations who will come in 100 years time?

Ndi Igbo All over the world, continue developing Lagos and Nigeria inugo? Umu MPAMA! You see these things all over the forum saying all sorts about your region and you think they don't mean it?

Don't learn vital lessons and turn EASTERN REGION TO AN ECONOMIC POWER HOUSE. We don't need those people... BELIEVE ME. At the right time, they will come begging.

Honestly Sanwo Olu should continue with the destruction of all Igbo properties both LEGAL and ILLEGAL. There is something we are looking for.

If They runaway from the destruction of Igbo properties they started, may death and destruction never depart from their families and lineage in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
I laugh at ignorant people when they console themselves that abandon property can't repeat itself again. People like that should better start opening their eyes to reality.

You're really a wonderful person.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by NinjaMetahuman: 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2023
dominique:
Millions of naira worth of investment, hope the government will compensate them a bit sad
compensate or sue them?
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by sparko1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
Jokerman:

Na small small.

That's how the Israelites left Egypt

You say it like, they weren't allowed to go home.

Business is what brought igbos to Lagos, as far as there's market, they are not going anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by kpompey: 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
Report showed that the government had consistently asked them to leave the place for over 8 years. Some bigots are claiming Igbos are the target. So government should not be responsible.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by GreyLaw(m): 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
onuman:
",,,,the buildings lacked required approvals an----"
Gbolahan.
Lies from the pit of hell.

Nobody would build those magnificent houses without govt approval. Pay compensation to the owners or face protracted lawsuits.

This country can't be a Banana Republic.

It is a Banana Republic already. Nobody can do anything about it. Tihubu will soon be sworn in and then more of such treatment will be dished out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Jokerman(m): 8:09pm On Apr 30, 2023
sparko1:

You say it like, they weren't allowed to go home.

Business is what brought igbos to Lagos, as far as there's market, they are not going anywhere.

True
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Lukuluku69(m): 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2023
NOC1:

Will you please keep quiet, in Nigeria we go against the law openly and still blackmail government openly. Have you had discussions with friends building on Government properties before?

The will tell you I am not the only one, before government will come I have realized my money. Everybody that built in green areas, redlines, reserved areas etc are aware.

The one that will shake Lagos one-day is Festac phase 11 (Abulado) any day FG remembers that area, cries and heartbreak 💔 😢 tears will be much, it will look like Elrufai demolition in Abuja.

I know you will say their is no warning. I am aware for the past 7 years FG have been warning them.

Another one is inside the Army Barracks after Trade Fair Complex. I was shocked when I saw the amount of Private Buildings inside that Barracks the day I took my son to write the Common Entrance Exams some years ago inside the Barracks.

I had to ask an Army man and he said and I quote " Army never ready for them". Massive Buildings, rows upon rows. And I was like, inside an Army Barracks?

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by GreyLaw(m): 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
sad Some people are very stubborn. Some still build their 🏠 under power line/high tension cable/NNPC pipeline. I knw some houses back there in Nigeria. Very lawless people. See waste of money sad shocked sad.There are still land in Ogun state,they won’t go there

Those houses have been there for a while. Trust me, they got approvals to go ahead. The fault is with the government who takes bribes to bend the truth. Nobody will build a 40 million house on a land without being given some sort of approval.

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by visaclick: 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
wonder233:
The buildings have C of Os and all the necessary approvals issued by the same state government. Nigerians aren't stupid, before a Nigerian will part with N50m to buy a property, you think he won't make sure everything is intact to the needle?
During the elections, someone boasted they were coming to "teach these ibos a lesson".
lies oh, am into building designs and construction and i can tell you only a fee clients are willing to even get a certified engineer let alone do a soil test.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Benitoh: 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
I thank sanwolu for the steps he's taking so far, Igbos must have sense by fire by force. Many of them don't want to invest I their home states

God have his ways of doing things. We need their investment at home. Thank you sanwolu again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Bhella5(m): 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2023
WesternPanzer:

Nothing gives me joy everyday than the pulling down of so called Igbo structures and markets in Lagos. If possible, the usual miscreants from that region should burn them as they usually do. I prayed everyday for this and God seems to be answering.

Ara awon unknown gunmen yen leleyi

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by Josephkabila12: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2023
WesternPanzer:

Nothing gives me joy everyday than the pulling down of so called Igbo structures and markets in Lagos. If possible, the usual miscreants from that region should burn them as they usually do. I prayed everyday for this and God seems to be answering.

Just like death, destruction will never depart from u and ur ibo tribe. You all will perish from the surface of the earth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by YeyeGbami: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2023
NOC1:

Many people go still cry for that richfield abi na runview estate, they don buy FAAN land well well.

You wan spend millions of naira on a project but to dole out 500K to do proper checks will be difficult for some people.

I pity nobody.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by baralatie(m): 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2023
Jokerman:

Along Ilupeju area. You are right.
embarassed☹️
It is a painful thing when home owners fall victim of these kind of problems.
Not only illupeju but other cases like awoyaya,igando,and the fight between Lagos and Ogun states.jakande on lekki.where land owners were swindled to build on land with false titles.
It is painful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by YeyeGbami: 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2023
Josephkabila12:
Just like death, destruction will never depart from u and ur ibo tribe. You all will perish from the surface of the earth

Oloribu ni bobo yen, see thrash wey him dey yarn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by ppogba: 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
We all know why those buildings were destroyed even without allowing occupants pack their belongings cool

Common sense should dictate that there must have been notices given by the relevant government agencies.

Common sense should dictate that even if they bring.a battalion of officers, the moment those officers see efforts being made at salvaging items and properties,.you will still be able to get somethings out.

Common sense dictates that even when it is glaring that the buildings will be destroyed, an average Nigerian will be hoping against hope with the believe that the issue will be resolved when they get to the bridge.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by AmotekunSW: 8:15pm On Apr 30, 2023
CondenseMilk:

You talk as if you don't live in Nigeria. Only in Nigeria that present administration will approve something and the next incoming administration will scatter it.

That land is government committed land. I have known this for more than 20 years now. In fact, many of the owners of the houses know this but they always say that before the govt demolishes, they would have gained value from the buildings.

No successive government cancels commited acquisition. It is normal acquisition they can cancel.

You can read more on types of government acquisition of lands in Nigeria so I don't derail the thread.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by baralatie(m): 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
kpompey:
Report showed that the government had consistently asked them to leave the place for over 8 years. Some bigots are claiming Igbos are the target. So government should not be responsible.
8 years

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by ipobarecriminals: 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
sad they are FREE to take Min of land to court. Hope the government pay those with paper
GreyLaw:

Those houses have been there for a while. Trust me, they got approvals to go ahead. The fault is with the government who takes bribes to bend the truth. Nobody will build a 40 million house on a land without being given some sort of approval.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) by ppogba: 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
Jokerman:

How can a lawyer charge 100k for search bro?? That's robbery

Too much or too little sir before I make clarification.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See Photos From My House Warming Ceremony (Photos) / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering / Meet Musa Usman, The Gateman Who Rejected House Offer For Borehole In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.