Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. (1063 Views)

Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny / Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:43am On May 01, 2023
The L2 language of opobo after english is igbo, in Nkoro the l2 is an andoni version of ibani. Note:ibani is not a standard language, i have a feeling it is extinct! The ibani spoken in finima in bonny is an anglicalized kalabari. Infact many andonis are claiming that what the opobo(nkoro) speak is andoni and what bonny(fanime) speak is kalabari, But how is that posible when opobo and bonny ibani are same people? the real ibani is extinct!. So in a bid to some re-ijoidize theirself they adopted their neighboring eastern ijaw language, apart from fanime in bonny am yet to see an opobian that speak fluent ibani without ading pigin eg preye abeg do! saki'ofori.
Igbo language is dominant as an l2 in both opobo and bonny till date, reasons are due to slave trade and inter-mariage. The ubanis are igbos(ndoki) and the urantas are mixed(ibani-ndoki) while senibos are ijaws.
For me the place igbo language ought to be ban is nkoro because of the reason some of them speak igbo was to do busines in opobo .

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by successmatters(m): 8:51am On May 01, 2023
grin

God bless the Igbo people
God bless every other tribes
God bless my hustle

No be person wey get time dey listen to rubbish? grin

10 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2023
Am not a riveline talkmore of being an opobian, am an uplander(emohua lga) the only link i have with them is my maternal grandma who is an Ndoki-opobian.

Just like what bonny island did some years back, opobo should make schools teach ibani.

Although in my opinion banning igboid-ndoki dailect in opobo is not 100% fair because they are many ndokis in opobo. Though the ndokis are the majority in opobo an ikwerre wise saying says "Nye nwe eli welu eli" EVEN if the hausas outnumber the gbagyis tomorow in their land, it wont be a crime for the gbagyi to do what will help them despite their population, lets be honest.
Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by successmatters(m): 9:00am On May 01, 2023
All these northerners disturbing themselves by opening threads to divide the south, you have all been defeated, the last elections showed that blood is thicker than water.

7 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by SpatialKing(m): 9:02am On May 01, 2023
successmatters:
All these northerners disturbing themselves by opening threads tondivide the south, you have all been defeated, the last elections showed that blood is thicker than water.

And Yorubas too... Lol
Don't mind them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by successmatters(m): 9:07am On May 01, 2023
SpatialKing:

And Yorubas too... Lol
Don't mind them

They are many, and they are paid to write all these rubbish to deceive the gullible.

There is no tribal conflict anywhere, only politicians using tribal hate topics to overheat the country, all the people you see here are paid stipends to cause hate.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by SpatialKing(m): 9:08am On May 01, 2023
I know you Yorubas expect us to fight eachother or go to war
Well that's not gonna happen..
We are brothers, in laws, relatives, neighbors
We all drink Palm wine
We all celebrate Kola nuts
We all wear red caps
We are predominantly Christians

11 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 9:11am On May 01, 2023
SpatialKing:
I know you Yorubas expect us to fight eachother or go to war
Well that's not gonna happen..
We are brothers, in laws, relatives, neighbors
We all drink Palm wine
We all celebrate Kola nuts
We all wear red caps
We are predominantly Christians

You forgot to add iwa ji.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by SpatialKing(m): 9:12am On May 01, 2023
Patrioticbreed9:

You forgot to add iwa ji.

So true, they won't understand
Even our wedding rights

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 9:16am On May 01, 2023
SpatialKing:

So true, they won't understand
Even our wedding rights

I made this thread undecided.

Not everybody saying facts are northerners or westerners.

Am Riverian an ikwerre to be precised am just stating the common.
Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by successmatters(m): 9:18am On May 01, 2023
Patrioticbreed9:

Most people knocking tribal heads together are doing so for political gains, and the only people who wants the igbos and their neighbours to fight are those who wants to steal more crude oil 🛢 while the owners of the oil are throwing punches on each other grin

Same old tricks.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by SpatialKing(m): 9:19am On May 01, 2023
Patrioticbreed9:

Please keep quiet
You not Ikwerre
Stop lieing

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by 9Pluto(m): 10:14am On May 01, 2023
Patrioticbreed9:
The L2 language of opobo after english is igbo, in Nkoro the l2 is an abua version of ibani. Note:ibani is not a standard language, i have a feeling it is extinct! The ibani spoken in finima in bonny is an anglicalized kalabari. Infact many abuans are claiming that what the opobo(nkoro) speak is abua and what bonny(fanime) speak is kalabari, But how is that posible when opobo and bonny ibani are same people? the real ibani is extinct!. So in a bid to some re-ijoidize theirself they adopted their neighboring eastern ijaw language, apart from fanime in bonny am yet to see an opobian that speak fluent ibani without ading pigin eg preye abeg do! saki'ofori.
Igbo language is dominant as an l2 in both opobo and bonny till date, reasons are due to slave trade and inter-mariage. The ubanis are igbos(ndoki) and the urantas are mixed(ibani-ndoki) while senibos are ijaws.
For me the place igbo language ought to be ban is nkoro because of the reason some of them speak igbo was to do busines in opobo .

L1 should be the correct classification not L2. L1 is the native tongue they grew up with.
The Igbo language has been the language of Ubani (Bonny and Opobo) origin. Bonny was originally made up of Ndoki Igbo and Brass tribes.
All relevant historical data confirms this claim. A people's language is part of their culture, it's part of who they are. You can't wish it away overnight.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by Parachoko: 10:27am On May 01, 2023
9Pluto:

L1 should be the correct classification not L2. L1 is the native tongue they grew up with.
The Igbo language has been the language of Ubani (Bonny and Opobo) origin. Bonny was originally made up of Ndoki Igbo and Brass tribes.
All relevant historical data confirms this claim. A people's language is part of their culture, it's part of who they are. You can't wish it away overnight.
Bonny and Opobo were never Igbo lands.

Stop spreading propaganda please.
Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by Parachoko: 10:28am On May 01, 2023
Patrioticbreed9:
The L2 language of opobo after english is igbo, in Nkoro the l2 is an abua version of ibani. Note:ibani is not a standard language, i have a feeling it is extinct! The ibani spoken in finima in bonny is an anglicalized kalabari. Infact many abuans are claiming that what the opobo(nkoro) speak is abua and what bonny(fanime) speak is kalabari, But how is that posible when opobo and bonny ibani are same people? the real ibani is extinct!. So in a bid to some re-ijoidize theirself they adopted their neighboring eastern ijaw language, apart from fanime in bonny am yet to see an opobian that speak fluent ibani without ading pigin eg preye abeg do! saki'ofori.
Are you high? grin
Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by Patrioticbreed9(m): 10:40am On May 01, 2023
9Pluto:

The ndokis moved to opobo and bonny during the trade.
Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by Christistruth02: 10:44am On May 01, 2023
Parachoko:
Bonny and Opobo were never Igbo lands.

Stop spreading propaganda please.

All Nigeria already knows that Bonny and Opobo are Ijaw

Na long Throat dey disturb some People

At least they have finally given up dragging Lagos with Yorubas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by 9Pluto(m): 10:54am On May 01, 2023
Patrioticbreed9:

The ndokis moved to opobo and bonny during the trade.

What trade? Palm oil trade or slave trade?

I dare you to post at least one pre-colonial document between 1800 to 1900 that associated Bonny identity with any other group apart from Igbo/brass.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by Akungitit: 10:59am On May 01, 2023
Very soon IPOB people and their language will be completely banned from Nigeria.
Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by BossGerald: 11:15am On May 01, 2023
Akungitit:
Very soon IPOB people and their language will be completely banned from Nigeria.

E go happen this evening by 6pm...very soon still far undecided
Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by TERMlNATOR(m): 11:34am On May 01, 2023
IGBO; the most popular tribe in nigeria. keep it up.
proudly nwafor

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Opobo And Igbo Language Saga. by nazicartel(m): 12:42pm On May 01, 2023
Wetin concern me. Na so them talk say Ijaw and Ikwerre nede hear Igbo. I go for offshore work then come deh speak Igbo give one Igbo guy via one girl like that. Naso all those Ijaw people for there come deh follow me talk back.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Governor Without A State On His Way Out? / The Igbophobia Is Real And Nairaland Is The Tool Deployed To Champion It / Alot Of Threads Hailing Tinubu (not Regular Accounts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.