Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,799 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life (60886 Views)

AKA‘s Fiancée, Nelli Tembe Commits Suicide, Jumps Off A Skyscraper / Have You Taken Your COVID-19 Vaccine? I Just Took Mine (Pictures) / My Fiancée Has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), She Is Always In Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by chris51(f): 11:39am On May 03, 2023
chris51:
Very sad though. Anything to do with dead is a very serious matter. You should have alerted her people or take the trouble to see her.

Phone talk and one and one talk are not the same
Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by promzy555(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:
OP, how did she die?

She took Sniper or what? 🤔
why asking? Hope is not wat am thinking 🤔
Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by georgemarcus(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2023
You didnt come here to ask what you could have done to calm her down and at least save her, but you are here to annouce her sudden death...too bad bro!. I want to ask many questions but no need for now cos its too late, off course the dead is gone and forever gone. I dont know how much you both know each other and she is your Fiancee you must have heard alot going on in her life and home, does it have to do with marrying you or just some family ish? You could have brought her closure to you to make her understand life could be easy if we do this and that. Mehn i dont know how old you are but this has taught you a lesson. When you love someone somethings you can do to show them love is to stay close to them especially when they seem to be breaking as a result of few things that could be life threatening. May her soul find peaceful rest cry

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by CanadaOrBust: 11:42am On May 03, 2023
Zonefree:
Life is like Owambe, when you're drunk and tired you go home.

Except that in the case of owambe you are sure home exists, you know what it’s like, you are sure you’ve been there b4, and you know exactly how to get there!
Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Rubbiish(m): 11:42am On May 03, 2023
Samantha124:
Another toxic family has taken the life of an innocent young woman.

Guys if you're from a toxic family, find a way to leave that house and cut ties with them.
You can't just conclude her family is toxic
What the op presented is not enough to reach such a conclusion. Her problem could be from friends influence or anyone.
Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Konjiboii: 11:42am On May 03, 2023
helinues:
You are not an attentive bf. I am not blaming you for her death, but you could have pay more attention.

Sorry for the lose

This is just wrong bro is grieving his lost love,and this is the worse thing you can say to him right now, he stated that he tried to calm her down. Sometimes when you talk and talk there's nothing else you can do but hope the person snaps out of the suicidal thought at that time.

To the OP the fault is NOT your fault in any way, you did the most you could do.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Onarabu: 11:42am On May 03, 2023
Elizkid:

I was attentive and kept asking. She wouldn’t spill, so I got angry and asked my friend to talk to her.

I didn’t know it’d get to this

Was she living alone?
You could have called someone who can attend to her physically!

So sorry for her demise

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by WAPINATION: 11:43am On May 03, 2023
Most of these young ladies are so uncommunicative and unexpressive most esp when burdens of life hit at them but easy to maintain sharp mouth when its rosy. OP you should have taken time to know if na Ogbanje..oo weh dem say make she no marry I just feel there may be something spiritual attached to her action which she could not share with anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:44am On May 03, 2023
helinues:
You are not an attentive bf. I am not blaming you for her death, but you could have pay more attention.

Sorry for the lose

What would he have done for someone that wasn't ready to talk?

You think someone that had already made up her mind to commit suicide would tell you so that you would discourage her?

6 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Egypt209: 11:44am On May 03, 2023
Alot of people don't understand the gravity of problems until it takes life.
I've so much problems, and so depressed to the point of joining a suicide group
I rose in rank to became the admin, and I can assure you it's very deep what we see everyday.
We can just be having program and lively chat today, then tomorrow you'll noticed someone has not been participating or active enough
Click on their page and see their obituaries.

The world is not friendly enough, and a lot is happening.
If i ever said I'm going please don't doubt me or got annoyed like the op
Just try to understand.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by InvertedHammer: 11:44am On May 03, 2023
Elizkid:
My Fiancé called last night and said she wanted to die. She wouldn’t tell me what the problem was.

I got angry and told her to get off the phone if she couldn’t say what her problem was. She said she’s in trouble and would kill herself.

Her sister broke the news to me morning. I’m so down. I should have calmed her down. I should have been patient and listened to her.

But I was just angry because she didn’t say anything on time. My friend even spoke to her on phone and told her to tell him what the issue was and that she’s causing unrest for everyone. I feel so guilty. I’m down

You didn’t have to take your own life, babe.

I heard it has to do with an issue she has with her family. I need words to calm me down right now. I’ve not been myself.
/
How is it your fault?

She came to the world alone and she left alone.
She didn't call you for help. She only called to say "Good bye". You can never save someone who doesn't want to be saved else she would have opened up to you. It would have been worse if you'd married her because you will be definitely behind bars by now from accusations and counter-accusations.
/

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by socialmediaman: 11:46am On May 03, 2023
Elizkid:

She took something but it’s not sniper. I don’t know what it is.

I’ve only spoken with the mum and sister today. I’ve not been able to touch down there myself.

Ensure you talk to a professional to help you get through it. This is important for you to move on from the blame and hurt. This will help you understand it wasn't your fault while acknowledging and learning how you could be a better person.

Why am I recommending therapy? Because this kind of thing could haunt someone for a lifetime. It could cause depression. It could cause someone to develop low self esteem, thinking karma is paying back when they face challenges etc.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by eaglez(m): 11:46am On May 03, 2023
sorry for your loss and no need to mince words, I will blame you completely, when a woman is in love, her closest confidant is no longer her parents or siblings but the one she loves, her final place to get succour was in you but because you were not patient you blew it off, quite unfortunate you learned the extreme way, let this change your attitude of being hasty. Do accept my condolence.
Elizkid:
My Fiancé called last night and said she wanted to die. She wouldn’t tell me what the problem was.

I got angry and told her to get off the phone if she couldn’t say what her problem was. She said she’s in trouble and would kill herself.

Her sister broke the news to me morning. I’m so down. I should have calmed her down. I should have been patient and listened to her.

But I was just angry because she didn’t say anything on time. My friend even spoke to her on phone and told her to tell him what the issue was and that she’s causing unrest for everyone. I feel so guilty. I’m down

You didn’t have to take your own life, babe.

I heard it has to do with an issue she has with her family. I need words to calm me down right now. I’ve not been myself.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:48am On May 03, 2023
If anyone finds that they cannot cope anymore with Ligeria they are free to go anywhere they d feel comfortable.
Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by aikyg(m): 11:49am On May 03, 2023
The girl also did not see any future with you. She might have loved you, but it doesn't look like you showed her much love while she was here. Poor girl.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by LIGHTROOM: 11:50am On May 03, 2023
[quote author=Elizkid post=122886443]

I was attentive and kept asking. She wouldn’t spill, so I got angry and asked my friend to talk to her.

I didn’t know it’d get to this[/quote

Know matter how angry a man his, something as serious as death should have moved you to take serious action either by calling her parents or look for a way to get to where she is staying. Anyway it as happen, put your self together and be a man. Know need telling her parents that she called you before taking her life to avoid more trouble.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 11:50am On May 03, 2023
I really dont judge anyone who chose suicide at all, I can do suicide too, I just hope I to have a good life without depression. since I was very young,
as far back as primary school, I wonder why some kids cry when they beat them while some dont cry. Me on the other hand crys so much,while I had a friend in sec, school, who hardly cries.
I come to realize that we have different breaking points and we shouldnt be blamed for that. If suicide will bring me peace, I will do just that
owiko:
I don't judge suicide victims, that's not to say I'm an advocate of same. Not everyone's heart is big enough to accommodate too many burdens. May God forgive her shortcomings, and find pleasure in her soul.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Nobody: 11:52am On May 03, 2023
The root of depression starts from home.

Our lives are determined by the kind of families we're from.
Rubbiish:

You can't just conclude her family is toxic
What the op presented is not enough to reach such a conclusion. Her problem could be from friends influence or anyone.
Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Sltp: 11:53am On May 03, 2023
eaglez:
sorry for your loss and no need to mince words, I will blame you completely, when a woman is in love, her closest confidant is no longer her parents or siblings but the one she loves, her final place to get succour was in you but because you were not patient you blew it off, quite unfortunate you learned the extreme way, let this change your attitude of being hasty. Do accept my condolence.
STFU!!!
Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by REALretep(m): 11:53am On May 03, 2023
Elizkid:

It's the bolded. Happened many years ago before we met, but I can't go into the details.
If you want to save someone else out there who may be passing through the same situation, you may have to open up a little. Don't give us names or locations... just tell us what happened. You may be saving someone else.
May her soul rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Tzar(m): 11:56am On May 03, 2023
Tell them to carry an autopsy on her corpse.
I think she got pregnant for another man and she couldn't handle the shame.
If it isn't this, she probably caught an STD like HIV or Hepatitis B and couldn't also bear the shame.
If you have had unprotected sex with her, please go for test too.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Rubbiish(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2023
Samantha124:
The root of depression starts from home.

Our lives are determined by the kind of families we're from.
This is not true, it is a two way thing
Depression can also emanate from our type of lifestyle. A person cannot live a reckless life & expect family to erase it overnight when the consequences of such lifestyle starts setting in.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by henrimoto(m): 11:59am On May 03, 2023
Sucre6:

He's a friend and he know I have always helped out, if he had told me, I would have contacted mutual friends to help sort the bill, believe me we are a group of friends who look after each other, he knows it something we could sort, it's just that he is someone who has really touched real cash even while we where in school, he's already driving then, so temptation came then and he went bankrupt so he felt telling people would make it look like a burden, when he was told we paid the loan, he began to cry tears of joy, cheesy

He knows I got him, he is someone that helped me paid two session school fees while in the university, he's from a rich home, I owe him everything
Hmnn Life!
Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by rippa(m): 12:01pm On May 03, 2023
Elizkid:

I didn’t know it’d get to this
person u supposed rushed go her house immediately.
we dont know how to love in this part of the world.

sorry for your loss

6 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 03, 2023
You're entitled to your own opinion Sir.
Rubbiish:

This is not true, it is a two way thing
Depression can also emanate from our type of lifestyle. A person cannot live a reckless life & expect family to erase it overnight when the consequences of such lifestyle starts setting in.

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by olab059(m): 12:01pm On May 03, 2023
seunmohmoh:
Even tho the thoughts occurs, I don't think I can ever end my own life.

Same. The fear of the unknown won't let me attempt it.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Babastrong(m): 12:02pm On May 03, 2023
The day you realised that women should be treated like EGG is the day you would discover the sweetness of marriage.
You failed to discourage a satan from breaking a golden egg.

8 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by emmybobo1: 12:03pm On May 03, 2023
Sucre6:
You claim she is your girlfriend yet u weren't sensitive enough, if truly she's your girlfriend u should have noticed that from the way she spoke that something was definitely up, so u calm her down and get to know what the issue was, any small thing u don vex, u could have averted her death u know, yes I want u to really blame your self, u bleeped up.

Not even talking about my girlfriend, a friend of mine called me one day and was sounding funny, the dude told me that he's done, he's leaving this night, I didn't quite understand what he meant at first but I decided to equire more, he was withholding information, I had to call people around to go check on him, they rushed and saw the guy, laying lifeless on the tiles inside his room, he took snipper already, they force two bottle of red oil down his throat and rushed him to the hospital, thank God he was saved,

Turns out dude was owing plenty lapo and online loans, we gathered money and cleared the bill even before he is discharged from the hospital, dude is happily married now and doing very well financially, thats what friends should be all about, you should be sensitive and observant, it very important
But what was he doing with all the money he’s borrowing. I’m just curious
Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Asine: 12:03pm On May 03, 2023
Sucre6:
You claim she is your girlfriend yet u weren't sensitive enough, if truly she's your girlfriend u should have noticed that from the way she spoke that something was definitely up, so u calm her down and get to know what the issue was, any small thing u don vex, u could have averted her death u know, yes I want u to really blame your self, u bleeped up.

Not even talking about my girlfriend, a friend of mine called me one day and was sounding funny, the dude told me that he's done, he's leaving this night, I didn't quite understand what he meant at first but I decided to equire more, he was withholding information, I had to call people around to go check on him, they rushed and saw the guy, laying lifeless on the tiles inside his room, he took snipper already, they force two bottle of red oil down his throat and rushed him to the hospital, thank God he was saved,

Turns out dude was owing plenty lapo and online loans, we gathered money and cleared the bill even before he is discharged from the hospital, dude is happily married now and doing very well financially, thats what friends should be all about, you should be sensitive and observant, it very important

You really saved his life ! God bless you for being so sensitive to send people to check on him immediately.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Johnn44: 12:04pm On May 03, 2023
logicalhumour:
Congrats to her. She had the guts to do the very thing nearly all humans pusșy away from. Mad respect to anyone who can take their own life! Overcoming that fear of the unknown isn't easy.

The reality is that even the one who loved her the most would move on and someday (very soon) start laughing with friends again. Na so life be. We just come to Eat, Grow, born pikin, and Die. We do not even know why we do this... We are useless containers.

"Only the living receive pain." grin
She was smart enough to understand that phrase in a deeper level.
cool
Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by Viridis(m): 12:06pm On May 03, 2023
logicalhumour:
Congrats to her. She had the guts to do the very thing nearly all humans pusșy away from. Mad respect to anyone who can take their own life! Overcoming that fear of the unknown isn't easy.

The reality is that even the one who loved her the most would move on and someday (very soon) start laughing with friends again. Na so life be. We just come to Eat, Grow, born pikin, and Die. We do not even know why we do this... We are useless containers.

"Only the living receive pain." grin
She was smart enough to understand that phrase in a deeper level.
Bro you're so right. I have thought of it many times why are we even on this earth and then people that take their own lives are very brave I can't imagine the fear of taking my own life the fear of where I will go after.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life by lekonso: 12:07pm On May 03, 2023
You should have gone straight to her place if it is not too far from your place. A life needs to be saved at that point, that is not the right time to get angry with someone under the trap of death. Please let this be a serious lesson for you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hepatitis-B Kills Faster Than AIDS / HIV Cure Finally Here ? Scientists Make Remarkable Breakthrough ! / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.