Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,385 members, 7,836,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture (90153 Views)

She Won't Date Me Until I Tell Her My Body Count! / My Wife Pretended To Be Innocent Until I Married Her / See What I Saw In My Hubby’s Phone, I'll Skin That Bitch Alive - Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by ObiDatti85(m): 8:42pm On May 02, 2023
XshegzzyeeiX:

Thanks bro.

Done!!!
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by Af0nja: 8:44pm On May 02, 2023
Lol, I think the op has low self esteem, alongside the poster of that quote
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by thoollz: 8:44pm On May 02, 2023
If you are a man and a fellow man has walked up to you for financial help but you didn't help, whereas a woman asks for help, you didn't bulge an eyelid before obliging, then you are a simp, a low self esteemed mugu. As long as a woman is not rendering any service, why should I give her money? That's why they take men as fools, open your brain and eyes.
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by christianjoy(m): 8:46pm On May 02, 2023
ObiDatti85:
I give because I have some to spare. Call it whatever you like , I will send the first two persons that quote me 1k each.

Person wen naked no dey put hand for pocket.
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by GUNITGuy: 8:46pm On May 02, 2023
After working for my money and you're in need of critical help and you looked up to me for help knowing fully well I can and this is all what you take me for??
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by GUNITGuy: 8:48pm On May 02, 2023
thoollz:
If you are a man and a fellow man has walked up to you for financial help but you didn't help, whereas a woman asks for help, you didn't bulge an eyelid before obliging, then you are a simp, a low self esteemed mugu. As long as a woman is not rendering any service, why should I give her money? That's why they take men as fools, open your brain and eyes.
Most men help each other this I know but that Gender just pretend to hates men but they don't help themselves at all this I have observed
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by XshegzzyeeiX: 8:49pm On May 02, 2023
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by XshegzzyeeiX: 8:50pm On May 02, 2023
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by GUNITGuy: 8:51pm On May 02, 2023
Bluearrow:

There is also no reward in helping ur fellow struggling man, it is almost not different from the urgent 2k. I remember spending a lot on a guy because I believed helping a woman was not worth it, I helped a lot of my fellow guys right from university days, but guess what, immediately they started doing well, they all got married, spending money on their wives & kids, when I see them, they only wave at me. The wives they are spending money on now was never there when things was rough. Any money u spend on ur fellow man is also waste, when he starts making it, he is going to spend on his wife & kids, not u. I am talking from personal experience. When I see guys saying spend on ur fellow man, I just laugh...
You're very right on this

1 Like

Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by Kay25(m): 8:55pm On May 02, 2023
Thats for guys to girls who think giving is the way to love a lady not a cheerful giver
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by christianjoy(m): 9:00pm On May 02, 2023
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by hardon1(m): 9:01pm On May 02, 2023
The thing is that some men lack courage to say NO to a woman's unnecessary demands so that they will not be termed STINGY.

At the end, the finish their salary just because they wan to please one woman. Most naija babes cannot differenciate between being prudent with spending and stinginess. When they ask for money for one frivolity and you don't subscribe to it then you are stingy

Mr Man, chest it! Noting will happen. No one has entitlement to your hard earned money. If you wanna give , let it be you gave from your own free will and not because you dey fear insult on top your money 😊😊

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by triangulation: 9:30pm On May 02, 2023
sonnie10:
People don’t understand how good AI is in controlling your actions. AI is a powerful technology that can control your emotions, it knows you more than you know yourself. All social media have AI that accesses your personal conversations and messages. They know your other previous activities online. It knows when, how often, and to whom you always send money . It knows the conversations that lead to sending more. Once you download an app, almost everything you do on your phone is captured.
It is most likely that the message you saw is a result of your activities. Targeted feeds from AI to reflect your personality.
Just know that you did not stumble on that message. AI could possibly match you with millions of random post. This particular one is what it thinks suits you.
It is just who the AI thinks you are.

This is just too funny 😂😂😂💔
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by greypencils: 9:37pm On May 02, 2023
This girl had better be self-sufficient all her life because the day she gets stuck, dem go play her this tape.

1 Like

Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by MrAgbako: 9:48pm On May 02, 2023
Rokiat:
Are you that easily influenced by what other people think and their opinions?
in this case yes😂
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by fredoooooo: 9:54pm On May 02, 2023
Astra101:
It's so frustrating for a kind gesture to be misinterpreted by an ingrate sad
Unfortunately you see it as a good act , but they see it the other way round ... my money nowadays na for my family only ...

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by PPIA: 10:13pm On May 02, 2023
Killbillz:
Every monkey has access to the internet and it's very unwise to let what someone with a pea sized brain posted get to u undecided
Especially when their clitoris is larger than their brain grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by juman(m): 10:31pm On May 02, 2023
Be cheerful giver, but spend with sense.
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by Passionate888: 10:39pm On May 02, 2023
Emaprince:
Honestly this is how majority naija girls reasons.

I remember one guy named ability in my former area back in 2012. This guy always pitied and rendered help to one girl, a single mother whose baby daddy no send at all. He helped her with money to feed sometimes and even buy drugs for her crawling baby.

This guy later left the area. One day some one mentioned this guy's name, the lady jumped in and said "oh ability used to be my mugu. Anytime I needed anything, I'll just ask him and he will drop sharp sharp". Imagine that.

Ability was just a kind hearted guy helping her o.

Na another guy who knows everything attacked her with vicious words. Reminding her how ability helped her treat her ailing child. Now the guy na mugu?
Can you imagine
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by Came4amod: 10:41pm On May 02, 2023
Astra101:
It's so frustrating for a kind gesture to be misinterpreted by an ingrate sad

We didn't want them to starve .. but unknown to us they are supposed to starve ..lol
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by Lanre1st(m): 10:43pm On May 02, 2023
Rokiat:
Are you that easily influenced by what other people think and their opinions?

See how this girl twist the the post, you sabi finger man's brain. This girl no want you to set free from sending to girls that call you maga behind
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by hardbody: 10:50pm On May 02, 2023
advanceDNA:

U mean ts same thing When u buy a phone for girl u want to fvck amd when u give to the old widows in ur church or mosque...Lol...be deceiving urself...

I don't buy phones for people. Never did, never will. When I say we operate differently I don't expect you to understand. People have genuine and legitimate requests including for instance supporting in school fees, learning a trade etc. Kids only think about impressing ladies to get inside their skirts. Mature men think of helping humanity to grow and evolve. You may take your shallow argument elsewhere pls
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by eepeepook: 10:50pm On May 02, 2023
Another useless topic makes front page. Cursed platform.
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by ediko5(m): 11:05pm On May 02, 2023
RightToReject:
She's right. Her assertion doesn't mean that you shouldn't spend (be cheerful, thoughtful, and kind) where and when necessary; however, stop paying to attract, maintain, and sustain a relationship because that's what men who have low self-esteem do.

Every sensible woman - even the ones without enough sense - knows when you're paying for the sustenance of your relationship with her and when your spending on her emanates from your acts of benevolence and her worthiness.

Your first paragraph is correct but your last paragraph is not really right. You said "even women without enough sense knows your spending on her emanates from your acts of benevolence" - what a typical Nigerian woman thinks about a man that easily gives her money is;

1 - mumu, maga, mumu-button, low self-esteem or timid man

2 the man is dying for her. The man head dey break for her etc

This attitude is also a general attitude in our Nigeria society but mostly exhibited by the females. People sees you as a fool if you easily give, you're easily accessible, easily used and so on
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 02, 2023
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 02, 2023
hardbody:

I don't buy phones for people. Never did, never will. When I say we operate differently I don't expect you to understand. People have genuine and legitimate requests including for instance supporting in school fees, learning a trade etc. Kids only think about impressing ladies to get inside their skirts. Mature men think of helping humanity to grow and evolve. You may take your shallow argument elsewhere pls
I agree
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by ediko5(m): 11:32pm On May 02, 2023
hardbody:

No bros. I help when I find a need to, I don't help because I want to get laid. It is rather childish to have that mentality. People I have extended help to do understand that it has nothing whatsoever to do with self esteem. Learn and practise helping people. I have also been helped in times past. Whatever goes around comes around.

You seem not to understand the guy. He's not saying you shouldn't help people generally nor women. But a typical Nigerian lady start seeing you as either a mugu or someone who's giving to impress her in order to get her meanwhile you may be doing it with a pure mind of kindness.

Personally, I'm a giver but while growing up I noticed this attitude in our society not just by women only although mostly displayed by women so I reduced the way I give to avoid people looking down on you as mugu.

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by ediko5(m): 11:35pm On May 02, 2023
4Humanity4All

And what's the big deal if the message is seen by people later? You're funny.
So you'll later boast that you've never begged before or what?
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by advanceDNA: 1:08am On May 03, 2023
hardbody:

U don dey vex...lol...
Like i said be deciving your self...
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by RightToReject(m): 1:26am On May 03, 2023
ediko5:

Your first paragraph is correct but your last paragraph is not really right. You said "even women without enough sense knows your spending on her emanates from your acts of benevolence" - what a typical Nigerian woman thinks about a man that easily gives her money is;

1 - mumu, maga, mumu-button, low self-esteem or timid man

2 the man is dying for her. The man head dey break for her etc

This attitude is also a general attitude in our Nigeria society but mostly exhibited by the females. People sees you as a fool if you easily give, you're easily accessible, easily used and so on

Focus on studying and passing your SSCE English language exam first before trying to extrapolate, analyze, understand, and quantify a submission that is beyond you. Now run along or, better still, find bumpkins like you to engage and spew your thrash.

1 Like

Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by efficiencie(m): 2:26am On May 03, 2023
Banbulu:
undecided undecided

Oh yes. Who you send money to as a man determines your self esteem. If you frequently send money to tissue papers like the lady in the picture you lack self esteem but if you send money to worthy women of character you are a business man.
Re: I Was A Cheerful Giver Until I Saw This Picture by Morphinne: 2:33am On May 03, 2023
Banbulu:
undecided undecided
Firstly, I’m disappointed that as a man, you got this easily swayed by one mumu-with-data’s internet opinion undecided
Secondly, as a man, never should you ever help any woman you’re wooing/‘toasting’ (or the one that knows you want something from her)
Any financial help rendered to these brainless folks would be seen as you being a maga. They would think you’re doing it because of what you want from them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Man Say No To Sex? Ladies React (Video) / Please Stop Flushing Condoms Through Toilet I Just Saw One In Lagos / 'Thank God For The Guy Who Disvirgined My Virginity Today' - Lady On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.