Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage (33852 Views)

My Fiancée Is Acting Suspicious / My Brother Insists That I Follow A Yahoo Guy / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by beekind: 6:34am On May 03, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You guys have been dating online, have only known each other for 10 months and she has already agreed to marry you.

Lord have mercy.😮

You really need to slow down, dude. No wonder your dad feels uncomfortable. I'm sure you are currently lying to him about knowing your woman so well and all that sh1t just like I lied to my folks too.😄

Been there, done that and I have a feeling you're headed the same path that I did. Thanks to heavens, things fell apart and it was like the shells in my eyes fell off.

You may not be as lucky as I was and once you're all in, your clock of destruction starts ticking.

How does meeting someone physically and communicating regularly online affect the success of the marriage ?
Are you saying those who dated physically have perfect marriages and never had issues ?
Are you saying dating physically guarantees a happy marriage ?

The fact you had problem does not mean everyone will. Dating physically is no guarantee of a happy marriage neither is dating online. As long as you find the right person either physical or online doesnt matter.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Depriest2020: 6:59am On May 03, 2023
My brother as a medical doctor your dad is, he has seen a lot which you could never know. I know of a girl who uses potash for abotion, whenever she's pregnant she inserts it into her vagina, it will heat up the futoes till it falls out from her womb. How did we know? She fainted one day, her madam took her to the hospital, she was treated of malaria & typhoid thinking that was the case.

After some weeks she began to develop some strange body odour which was very offensive, her madam kept asking her till she opened up to her what she did, her madam rushed her back to hospital, after examining her, it was discovered that the recent one she did, the futoes didn't fall-out all, it began to decay in her womb, that was the cause of the smell. It's like they flushed her womb abi stomach & treated her before the smell stopped. Her friends taught her to use potash.

Please there's no Godly girl in Nigeria take note. The girl you are chatting on Facebook might be the same girl I just discussed about. Be greatful to your dad for insisting on fertility test. There's no big deal in fertility test, HIV, UTI, STD, STI. Anyone that makes a mole out of it has something to hide.

My neighbor has been married for over 20yrs now no child and she doesn't want her husband to marry another woman, her female friend from same town as her, told me she got pregnant while they were in junior secondary school, out of shame and not wanting her parents to know, she went to quack nurse that has a chemist shop to do the abortion where her womb got damaged, today her husband is not aware of her little secret, they've been praying and waiting on God. So dear be greatful to your Dad. No one should marry this days without fertility test.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by dawnomike(m): 7:00am On May 03, 2023
beekind:

Let me explain, he says he is not forcing her but if she does not take the fertility test he will not attend the wedding, and he is very likely to prohibit my mom from also attending the wedding and maybe other family members too.

That puts me in a very difficult spot, very difficult spot.
I appreciate the tone of your reply, so I will respond. Trust me, your day is wrong on that for trying to enforce such as condition for attending your wedding. But on the good side of it, he is only doing that for your own good in an extreme way!.

I use to be like you, I never use to like anything that would cause confrontations or issues so I would agree to somethings. But please, do not ket

Solution: Sit your fiancee down and discuss it with her in a loving way that your parents(not your dad) wants you both to run a fertility test (Not she alone)... And ensure you also get the fertility test done with her so as not to make her feel somehow about it

But please, be standing your ground on NO to some things even if you'll later agree to it..

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by turawaa(m): 7:08am On May 03, 2023
Your dad is doing your job for you.

If not for distance, play play (just like babe go out to eat lunch, very close to your planned Lab, on your way home you just pretend like you are seeing the lab for the first time and tell to let go try some tests…

did like 4-5tests before taking her home for marriage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Baronthecelebri: 7:20am On May 03, 2023
SIMP, let her do the test. My church any couple that want to marry must do a comprehensive test before marriage, so I support your father.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by ednut1(m): 8:06am On May 03, 2023
beekind:

Na your type Ashake dey take sing, (agbongbon ju).
Even those that grew up together and dated for 20 years still have trouble in marriage, some even divorce sef.
I have seen the important ingredient I consider non-negotiable in a marriage in this lady and I love her.

Even if you know someone from birth, its not a fool proof assurance that the marriage will work.
you have been out of 9ja for a long time. You dont know wetin dey sup. How about find an investigator in Nigeria to find out about her. I volunteer to pay. Person wey fit dey another man house right now 🤣🤣🤣

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Foodqueen(f): 8:08am On May 03, 2023
If the girl doesn't have anything to hide, she should do the test

It's not a big deal.

Atleast better than asking to be pregnant before marriage.

Moreover, if u know what our ladies have turned into.... 🙄🙄🙄

I support your dad on this.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Mamaafrik1(m): 8:12am On May 03, 2023
beekind:

Standing my ground will mean my dad, mom and other members of my own family will not attend the wedding cos my dad said he will not attend the wedding if she does not do a fertility test.
No I haven't met her physically yet, we have only been dating online for 10 months now and haven't had a chance to visit Naija but I am visiting naija and will spend 4 months in naija when I visit later this month.
Do yours and send cash for her to do hers and arrange a zoom meeting with the doctor.
Nigerian lady became godly because she wan benefit nioooooo.
Many had aborted baby looking like Sister and mother, you will have yourself to blame if you marry her finish and you no born pikinooooooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Mamaafrik1(m): 8:15am On May 03, 2023
ednut1:
you have been out of 9ja for a long time. You dont know wetin dey sup. How about find an investigator in Nigeria to out about her. I volunteer to pay. Person wey fit dey another man house right now 🤣🤣🤣
another one, your mindset will change.
Girls that can not do a month with out sexx.
Abooro lan so fomoluwabi

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Gbolahan111: 8:22am On May 03, 2023
@beekind, From your write up, your dad asked you to carry out some tests, which you did. Why did you obey him in the first place? If you can oblige your dad and carry out the tests, what stops you from asking your fiancé to carry out similar tests too?

Are you scared of the tests outcome maybe - losing her if the test is positive?
Have you both discussed whether you want to procreate or not?
I mean you actually know what to do. Yet, I don’t know why you are confused.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Amb1045(m): 8:43am On May 03, 2023
Love still dee your eyes lol. Bro grow up please and be in charge of your relationship. Tell her what your father said, plus her HIV test and all needed test, marriage is to raise a family for your father's future generation which he must protect. If your father don't like the girl, cut her off please don't be a simp and be saying you love her. Love is a sweet illusion not real

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by LandMann: 9:09am On May 03, 2023
beekind:
I am a 38 year old Nigerian American citizen dating a 26 year old Nigeria girl.
I grew up in Nigeria but travelled out to the USA when I was 25 years old, I am a citizen now and doing really well for myself.
I met a beautiful and godly Nigerian girl on facebook and we have been dating for some months now we are now thinking of marriage, she is in Nigeria while I am in the USA.

Some weeks ago my dad asked me to do some tests and send to him, (He is a medical doctor), I did them, turns out to be fertility tests and all was perfect.
I just told him about my fiance and my plans to get married in some months time and he said she has to do fertility test before he can agree to the marriage.

This was very shocking for me as he insisted that it is his position, I haven't told my fiance cos I dont know how to and my fiance is scheduled to pay my parents a visit for the first time in Port Harcourt in 2 weeks time.
My fiance is from Delta but lives in Portharcout as my parents while we are from Port harcourt.

My dad has said if I cannot tell her that he will, what do you guys think ?

Honest advise please and admin kindly push to front page for wider advise.

Thanks.

No go foolishly tell the girl it's what your father wants o... Unless you're a stupid simp.

Have a conversation with the girl and tell her that now that you guys are planning to get married that you both need to do FULL MEDICAL CHECKUP.

Genotypes, blood groups, STDs and STIs, and Fertility tests are just some of the medical checks that are included in a FULL MEDICAL CHECKUP for intending couples.

The only issue is that you'll need to do your own test again in same hospital she'll be doing hers...a hospital different from where you did the first.

Be ready to provide the funds for the medical tests and be ready to go together for it.

You'll even be told about these things if you did marriage counseling before marriage.

Finally, don't bring your father's discussion on the subject matter with you to your girlfriend's ear... Only an extremely foolish son would do that... Doing so will strain the relationship between your girlfriend/wife and your father till your father dies...

And I wonder why you can't find a wife in your vicinity than dating someone who is over 10000 kilometers from where you are... Abroad boyfriend crews... I reserve my comment

6 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by md16: 10:11am On May 03, 2023
I'll advise you to communicate the idea of the fertility test with her as if it is your original idea. Afterall, it's not exactly a bad thing to do, since you've done it too. It's left for you to convince her.

As to your dad, he's trying to guide you, but you must set some boundaries with him when it comes to your relationship/marriage. His word is not law! You'll need discretion and wisdom to do this.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:28am On May 03, 2023
beekind:

Standing my ground will mean my dad, mom and other members of my own family will not attend the wedding cos my dad said he will not attend the wedding if she does not do a fertility test.
No I haven't met her physically yet, we have only been dating online for 10 months now and haven't had a chance to visit Naija but I am visiting naija and will spend 4 months in naija when I visit later this month.

You are engaged to a girl you have been dating online for ten months?

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This sounds like comedy.

21 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by bukatyne(f): 10:32am On May 03, 2023
ExpressBooking:
Well I'd like to ask if you are the one marrying or your dad?

Your dad's role in your marriage at 38, should me advisory.

Does your dad want you to get married for the purpose of happiness and companionship or for the purpose of reproduction?

What do you want for yourself?.

Forcing or coercing the prospective wife to do a fertility test, might send the wrong reasons about the marriage to her. And trust me she will discuss it with people who will put such thoughts in her head, even if she wasn't that kind of person.

Equally be assured that if you choose to go ahead with ur marriage plans, and encounter fertility issues tomorrow, you won't dare speak to your family about it, it's your cross alone.

It all boils down to taking your decision for or against it, and standing by your decision. That's what makes you a man

A number of Churches request for these tests during counselling and the couple gladly oblige them.

I don't know the hullabaloo with the father's request.

Especially since it is a virtual relationship, the guy (who would be more mature here) should have said they go for those tests as soon as he thought her eligible for marriage.

The OP needs to lead his relationship and take initiative.

7 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by pocohantas(f): 11:15am On May 03, 2023
ednut1:
you have been out of 9ja for a long time. You dont know wetin dey sup. How about find an investigator in Nigeria to find out about her. I volunteer to pay. Person wey fit dey another man house right now 🤣🤣🤣

How about you pay an investigator to find about yourself? Majority of you diasporans will use your hand to come for homebased partners, then peace of mind would depart them. Save yourself the stress and marry there.

The guy is 38 and SINGLE, but na the girl you wan pay to investigate. So the OP hasn't visited another woman's house since he was born? Diasporans always claiming spotless by virtue of foreign citizenship. Na all these girls wey fit die to marry abroad guy una fit do this one for. Bunch of narcissists! grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by JovialJune(f): 11:24am On May 03, 2023
Subtle jabs everywhere 😒

I'm here for it😂

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by folake4u(f): 11:36am On May 03, 2023
JovialJune:
Subtle jabs everywhere 😒

I'm here for it😂

I did not buy data for peace. 😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by ednut1(m): 11:40am On May 03, 2023
pocohantas:

How about you pay an investigator to find about yourself? Majority of you diasporans will use your hand to come for homebased partners, then peace of mind would depart them. Save yourself the stress and marry there.

The guy is 38 and SINGLE, but na the girl you wan pay to investigate. So the OP hasn't visited another woman's house since he was born? Diasporans always claiming spotless by virtue of foreign citizenship. Na all these girls wey fit die to marry abroad guy una fit do this one for. Bunch of narcissists! grin
grin lol the volunteer to pay part na joke o. To me any guy wey don pass 35 and never married na red flag too 🤣🤣. Poverty and hardship dey the land many people both men and women dey find who to use for japa. Me I expect a 38 years old guy who don tey for usa which is one of the divorce capital of the world to be wiser o , girl wey you never see 🤣

8 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Nobody: 11:41am On May 03, 2023
Exodus15v11:
As a Doctor and as your Dad, he has your best interests at heart. He's in the best position to guide and advise you accordingly, and is trying to do just that. It's up to you to listen.

Besides, these are normal pre-marriage protocols and he asked you to do them first, so it only makes sense that she does the same. I don't see the big deal in asking her to also do them, unless you're afraid to ask.
Seconded!

The fact that the father requested the test from his son shows he has no bad intentions here.

With what some ladies are into these days, I will request same if I'm a guy.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by pocohantas(f): 11:50am On May 03, 2023
ednut1:
grin lol the volunteer to pay part na joke o. To me any guy wey don pass 35 and never married na red flag too 🤣🤣. Poverty and hardship dey the land many people both men and women dey find who to use for japa. Me I expect a 38 years old guy who don tey for usa which is one of the divorce capital of the world to be wiser o , girl wey you never see 🤣

I do not take any age as a red flag, because life happens to people and sometimes they find themselves there. In fact, I prefer them in that age range. Except of course you show me something that I can't take.

So what if they want to japa? The most important thing should be the person's intentions for you. Your citizenship is a bonus, a good one. I am not hyped about relocation, as such I am quite impatient to you guys usual shenanigans. Feels like it is not worth it to me. I would rather be divorced in Nigeria than in America/Canada or UK. At least there is no incentive to leaving a man in Nigeria. But abroad? No one would listen to me. They will say I have used Ednut for papers and dumped him. Women are as scared as you guys are. Some of you could be drug addicts or serial killers. You can shoot me to death. We have seen it happen.

Make una allow us breathe abeg. One of your Canadian brothers is currently giving my friend high bp and I have told her the day she breaks up is the the day she will start sleeping well.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Nobody: 11:51am On May 03, 2023
beekind:

No I haven't met her physically yet, we have only been dating online for 10 months now , and haven't had a chance to visit Naija but I am visiting Naija and will spend 4 months in Naija when I visit later this month.
And you don't want to request for fertility test? Lol, I will not talk.

Why are you scared to tell the lady? Did it take you extra effort to finally find a woman? grin I don't understand why you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by pocohantas(f): 11:53am On May 03, 2023
Persephone1:
And you don't want to request for fertility test? Lol, I will not talk.

Why are you scared to tell the lady? Did it take you extra effort to finally find a woman? grin I don't understand why you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

It is not an easy thing to say to anyone. If my dad requests for my man's fertility test, I would also find it hard to tell him. It is on this thread I realised it is easy for many of you.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Nobody: 11:58am On May 03, 2023
pocohantas:

It is not an easy thing to say to anyone. If my dad requests for my man's fertility test, I would also find it hard to tell him. It is on this thread I realised it is easy for many of you.
When a father request for fertility test, it does not necessarily mean result will be shared with him. It is for intending couples to know what they are getting into.
This way it is very easy for many of us.

6 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by pocohantas(f): 11:59am On May 03, 2023
Persephone1:
When a father request for fertility test, it does not necessarily mean result will be shared with him. It is for intending couples to know what they are getting into.
This way it is very easy for many of us.

Based on this thread, it would definitely be shared with him. Maybe you are talking of another thread.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 03, 2023
pocohantas:

Based on this thread, it would definitely be shared with him. Maybe you are talking of another thread.
If the test is conducted by him, yes. If not that is a decision for the couples to make. Perhaps sharing result should be the debate and not requesting for test.

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by pocohantas(f): 12:04pm On May 03, 2023
beekind:

Let me explain, he says he is not forcing her but if she does not take the fertility test he will not attend the wedding, and he is very likely to prohibit my mom from also attending the wedding and maybe other family members too.

That puts me in a very difficult spot, very difficult spot.

Lol. You are doing a good job thickening the plot. Fertility test is a standard. Or it should be a standard. It is even a more polite way than "she must get pregnant before bride price is paid"

I don't see anything wrong with it.

8 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by pocohantas(f): 12:04pm On May 03, 2023
Persephone1:
If the test is conducted by him, yes. If not that is a decision for the couples to make. Perhaps sharing result should be the debate and not requesting for test.

Please read the opening post again.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by ednut1(m): 12:10pm On May 03, 2023
pocohantas:

I do not take any age as a red flag, because life happens to people and sometimes they find themselves there. In fact, I prefer them in that age range. Except of course you show me something that I can't take.

So what if they want to japa? The most important thing should be the person's intentions for you. Your citizenship is a bonus, a good one. I am not hyped abour relocation, as such I am quite impatient to you guys usual grin shenanigans. Feels like it is not worth it to me. I would rather be divorced in Nigeria than in America/Canada or UK. At least there is no incentive to leaving a man in Nigeria. But abroad? No one would listen to me. They will say I have used Ednut for papers and dumped him. Women are as scared as you guys are. Some of you could be drug addicts or serial killers. You can shoot me to death. We have seen it happen.

Make una allow us breathe abeg. One of your Canadian brothers is currently giving my friend high bp and I have told her the day she breaks up is the the day she will start sleeping well.
lol if your friend loves herself make she break up o. Its not every abroad guy self that wants to bring their wife over o. Some want to keep in Nigeria o.

Man or woman i take God beg una before you go back home to marry at least know this person well first. 10 months of online dating with seeing . This one is talking marriage. I weak o

10 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 03, 2023
pocohantas:

Please read the opening post again.
Read.
I maintain there is nothing wrong with the request and it should be a thing to do for anyone who wants to gamble into getting a life partner from an online dating pool.

Op's father is proactive , Op should have thought about it and requested for it first. The father nullify any form of judgement from me because he did it to his own son first. He is fair.

12 Likes

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by pocohantas(f): 12:20pm On May 03, 2023
ednut1:
lol if your friend loves herself make she break up o. Its not every abroad guy self that wants to bring their wife over o. Some want to keep in Nigeria o.

Man or woman i take God beg una before you go back home to marry at least know this person well first. 10 months of online dating with seeing . This one is talking marriage. I weak o

And after keeping her in Nigeria, he would be fcking there and still investigating her ba? 10 months is enough time to know anyone. The only thing that could go wrong is they won't be physically atrracted to themselves, one person snores or is dirty. In the absence of that, 10mths is enough time they notice most behaviours.

The duration is not the problem.
We are just not honest or observant as humans.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage by pocohantas(f): 12:21pm On May 03, 2023
Persephone1:
Read.
I maintain there is nothing wrong with the request and it should be a thing to do for anyone who wants to gamble into getting a life partner from an online dating pool.

Op's father is proactive , Op should have thought about it and requested for it first. The father nullify any form of judgement from me because he did it to his own son first. He is fair.

This was never in contest. I guess you replied the wrong post. smiley

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

A Mother And Her Son Sex Love Toiling - Real Damn Story! (Mom & son sex Story) / Hilariously Inappropriate Spelling Mistakes By Kids (pics). / Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.