Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,572 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Relationships Across The Ocean - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships Across The Ocean (1268 Views)

Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationships Across The Ocean by manakins: 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2007
I was one of those that use to say
""FASHEE to relationship across the OCEAN""
Like it cant work, ure wasting ur time,its not worth ur stress etc
But now i know better and can proudly say that it depends on both parties
and what they want.Sure mine is working fine. smiley
Please share ur views
Re: Relationships Across The Ocean by joycexz(f): 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2007
Relationship can work across th Ocean and as you said it depends on both parties.

Mine is working for me and working real good. Though it doesnt work for everybody.
Re: Relationships Across The Ocean by macalurs(m): 2:22am On Sep 05, 2007
you're right it can.

Mine didn't though.

What hapened was, we got used to each other on fone, and seeing her was like starting afresh. There are certain things on fone one doesn't notice till one sees for oneself. After a year and a half of dating long distance, I went to see her. But she was nothing like she was on fone. We broke up two weeks after I got back to the US. She's in naija.
Re: Relationships Across The Ocean by manakins: 4:21pm On Sep 05, 2007
@
marcalurs,
Don't u feel u already had a set mind of what u expected her to be because u
already had a mind set of her on phone.I am sure if not u probably could still have tried harder.
Re: Relationships Across The Ocean by macalurs(m): 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2007
yes you're right. It wasn't just me though. it was with her too.

We moved on.
Re: Relationships Across The Ocean by JeSoul(f): 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2007
I think both sides have to be COMPLETELY dedicated and devoted to the relationship - that's the only way it can work. I tired it once and there're so many disadvantages - sometimes you just need physical presence and to be able to do things together and spend quality time together. Mine also did not survive cos I couldn't sustain love for someone I couldn't see and spend time with.

but if you both are seriously dedicated to each other, it will work. Just don't wait for years and years before you see each other! lol,
Re: Relationships Across The Ocean by LadyGodiva(f): 4:24am On Sep 06, 2007
i am in one and even thought i am determined it is really hard.
sometimes i think about it and just get annoyed that it has to be this way.
i guess we will see if God wants it to work out
Re: Relationships Across The Ocean by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 7:04am On Sep 06, 2007

I agree with JeSoul, both people have to want it, and be consistent in showing they care in order for it to work. When one person seems to give more than the other, sooner or later the one doing most of the giving may just give up. Some tend to overuse the words "I Love You", with no true sentiment supporting these words. Be watchful of their actions, they speak louder than words.

I have seen it work and im sure it was worth the time & effort for those who managed to hold on to their love

love & light,

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Guy Anacoda Remain Active(very Active) Without Drugs / Should I Accept Him / Most Relationships Fail Because of Excessive Reading & Unrealistic Expectations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.