Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Karma, Does It Exist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Karma, Does It Exist? (11177 Views)

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / Juju Mirror! Does It Exist? / Seun Doesn't Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:20am On May 07, 2023
Spirit247:
Yes, Kama exist. See the Evidence: https://www.nairaland.com/5507700/how-gods-decision-elevate-man

Also, for those that have wondered about the story of the mad man of Gadarene, below is the most important Lesson why Jesus chased out the Demons into the Pigs:
https://www.nairaland.com/7680075/why-did-jesus-grant-pleading
3.) This is the most important. It was the very first time that Jesus went out to offer the Gift of Salvation and Eternal Life from our CREATOR to the Gentiles of this World, to show that His profound Love is not just to get the Jews saved but to get the Gentiles and the Whole World saved and Reconnected back to His FATHER The Only SOURCE of Life. Someone may ask how I know it was a Gentile City and not like Jerusalem, note that they supported getting wealth through rasing of unclean animal such as pig. What the Jews would never do because it is forbidden for them as chosen People of I AM THAT I AM.

JESUS delivered the 2 Heavily Possessed Citizens of that Gentile City and restored back their Humanity. They probably each have wife, children, fathers and mothers and family members that are dependent on them before the Demons took ownership of their Faculties. Jesus did an Examination for the Gentiles in the City by checking if they would choose to celebrate the Restoration to Sane Life of these 2 Men that could now Invent things that might turn the City to a truly Prosperous globally Celebrated Center of Unprecedented Blessings to Humanity. But unfortunately, inhumane Wickedness has so much gotten hold of their Conscience that they Prefer to have their ill-gotten lazy Money from rearing shit-eating free-roaming dirty Pigs (about 2,000 Pigs) rather than being happy that their Brothers and fellow Citizens have become miraclously Healed by MESSIAH that could have gotten other Thousands or Millions of other Sick and bed-ridden People in their Country permanently cured. Their Conscience was so stone-cold Dead that they immediately seek that JESUS should leave their City without delay. All they needed to have done is to change to rearing Cattles, Sheep, Poultry, etc, which requires more work but would give very Healthy Meat to feed their City and with JESUS' Blessing they would have become so Prosperous at it that they would even be Feeding the whole World with Clean Health-Promoting Foods.

But alas! They chase Jesus out of their City with very Wicked Heart that their Brothers being tormented day and night should have being left to suffer all Life-long and die miserably. If HE knows money would not take you away from HIM, HE shall give you in Abundance. But many abandon our CREATOR to put their Trust in money whenever HE makes them rich. Eternal Life is HIS Ultimate Plan for you, not money! Only our CREATOR knows how many Thousands or Millions of them are wallowing in Terminal Ailments, Demonic Possessions and Afflictions, yet they chase out the Deliverer just because of Pigs; which represents ill-gotten wealth.

Please, let's all think about this Deep Revelatory Teaching today. Are you chasing MESSIAH out of your Life because of that your girlfriend, boyfriend, goodluck charm, Opportunity or job that you got by sleeping with married men or fornicating, e.t.c. Truly accept JESUS as your Personal LORD and SAVIOUR today and Pray that HIS Ever Pure SPIRIT should take Permanent Ownership of your Heart and Eternal Control of your Thoughts. Completely Trust HIM with your Life. It may not be easy initially because we are all on Earth for Spiritual Examination to see the individuals that shall never allow the Trials, Temptations and Troubles of this Life to make them now to Satan. What is our Purpose on Earth as Humans? To proof that we Love our CREATOR more than all tht is on Earth. Only those that chose to die poor (in case HE chose not to give you money because HE knows you more than you know yourself) rather than bowing to Satan, shall be Rewarded with Eternal Life. Pls, choose MESSIAH's Way of Purity, Fasting and Prayer to Consistently ask the CREATOR of Humanity for whatever you need, HE is Guarateed to Answer you and to also Reward you with Immortality/Eternal Life for not choosing the Easy way out offered by Satan in this current Temporary World.
Stop writing stupidly about religion, the slavery Africans suffered where is the repercussions? The western society that stole our resources and still stealing resources where is the repercussions or karma? The poor is still poor the Rich is becoming richer.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Brushstrokes20: 9:21am On May 07, 2023
Karma exists OCCASIONALLY!... e.g ekwerenmadu out of MANY, recently got served.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:22am On May 07, 2023
Ireallyneedhelp:
I'm broke and depressed, can't live any longer.
Being born in Nigeria is my greatest undoing.
I cursed the day I am born into this world.

Why is life so difficult and so unfair for a common man. I can't even feed, don't have what to eat and always struggle to afford food.
It's better to die, at least all pains and poverty will be gone.
All friends and family that refuse to help me while alive will be able to do fake love.

There is no God.
There is no karma
If there's God, bad people will not be enjoying while morally upright persons will be suffering.

I am really suffering
Stop writing stupidly about religion, the slavery Africans suffered where is the repercussions? The western society that stole our resources and still stealing resources where is the repercussions or karma? The poor is still poor the Rich is becoming richer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Sermwell(m): 9:22am On May 07, 2023
Zonefree:
If Karma exists, Nigerian politicians for don die finish.

Hamza Al-Mustapha, Abacha's CSO is still alive and also contested for president with AA.

Karma works only on poor people.
Al-Mustapha is not even as evil as some people who are still alive and balling. Everyone will eventually die, both the good and evil. Al-Mustapha is even a saint compared to alot of people.

3 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Staywithbina: 9:24am On May 07, 2023
paxonel:
According to Merriam-webster, the word "Karma" was first used in 1827 by Buddhists and Hinduists whio described an ethical subjected principle that says "you reap what you sow ".
They held that there is a force generated by a person's actions which has ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence(even up to the person's after-life).

Certainly, going by human natural experiences, this ethical principle called Karma has been proven valid and is responsible for the many fortunes and misfortunes we go through today in our lives.
For instance, a man who send his child to school(formally or informally) may end up having the child becoming wealthy and knowledgeable, and the one who refuses to send his child to school may have the child battling poverty in the future and put the blame to some witches and wizards in village.

But what does the bible say about Karma, do Christians believe that this principle still have effect to their after-life even after they die?

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This also suggest that the old creature died away the day you died, and you are now a new being not having the sins of your past life inputed in you.

Paul says in Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I NOW live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Obviously,according these scriptures if Karma is anything to go by, it ends abruptly the day you die as a Christian, but the effects thereafter lives on even up to generations

Karma is very real ,is even better if it visits you than your generation,me faced my own karma ,after that ,I stopped some kind evil because karma even worst
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by DipsonGiggs: 9:25am On May 07, 2023
They gave someone 10years imprisonment you said that is a karma, for all his bad deeds? Karma should be thunder striking him to death in the market place. And it is just because it happened in the UK, if na Nigeria do, u think say he go go jail. Jail for UK sef better pass the life wey most Nigerians are living here.
Austineva:
D case of Ike Ekweremmadu is a very good proof. Karma in real and it's a bitch so, play with caution

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by MissOpe(f): 9:25am On May 07, 2023
Whether you believe in Karma or not...

It changes nothing...

Belief system is like the wind ( its just there and adds nothing to human).
E.g I believe in miracles, believing in it doesn't add anything to me, I don't believe in it, it doesn't add anything to me....

All I know is we are all living to Die.....

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Porksupplyib: 9:25am On May 07, 2023
paxonel:
According to Merriam-webster, the word "Karma" was first used in 1827 by Buddhists and Hinduists whio described an ethical subjected principle that says "you reap what you sow ".
They held that there is a force generated by a person's actions which has ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence(even up to the person's after-life).

Certainly, going by human natural experiences, this ethical principle called Karma has been proven valid and is responsible for the many fortunes and misfortunes we go through today in our lives.
For instance, a man who send his child to school(formally or informally) may end up having the child becoming wealthy and knowledgeable, and the one who refuses to send his child to school may have the child battling poverty in the future and put the blame to some witches and wizards in village.

But what does the bible say about Karma, do Christians believe that this principle still have effect to their after-life even after they die?

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This also suggest that the old creature died away the day you died, and you are now a new being not having the sins of your past life inputed in you.

Paul says in Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I NOW live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Obviously,according these scriptures if Karma is anything to go by, it ends abruptly the day you die as a Christian, but the effects thereafter lives on even up to generations

We don't know or understand half of the things that goes on in this world. We are only trying to give our own meanings to them. Let that sink in.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by correctguy101(m): 9:26am On May 07, 2023
paxonel:

You used the word MAY. It already renders your example moot as to Karma.

And did you just say you'll become a new creature and the former actions are now rendered invalid? In society, depends on the extent of the degradable action else, jail terms await you if you're ever found out.

To be candid, any so-called born again should own up and report himself to the necessary authorities and see if the actions of the past creature will affect the new creature... shocked

Ah, if you mean when someone dies, it applies to everyone, Christian or not. Death ends it all. Only very few gets recycled with same elements.

What does this ancestor even know about your belief systems? Since my disillusionment, I've never bothered to look back.

2 Likes

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Sermwell(m): 9:26am On May 07, 2023
bluefilm:

Go and ask Ike Ekweremmadu this question.

Whatever he tells you is the correct answer.
So you mean Ike Ekwerenmadu has done more evils than Buhari, Obasanjo, IBB, Barack Obama, Putin etc?

Make una dey get sense Abeg grin grin
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by correctguy101(m): 9:27am On May 07, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
wealth can cheat karma.

Depends
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by orisa37: 9:27am On May 07, 2023
We have just had one for EKWEREMADU.
Those BRITISH JUSTICES ARE ANGELS.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Sermwell(m): 9:28am On May 07, 2023
RenegadeX:

Did you hear that one of his sons died all of a sudden?
Stop all these useless talk! People die everyday grin
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Winters23: 9:30am On May 07, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
In my opinion, there are many reasons why Karma doesn't exist. The first reason is that Karma is based on the idea that people are rewarded or punished for their good or bad actions in this life or in a previous life. But people are not only good or bad, they are also complex. They can do good things for bad reasons and bad things for good reasons. It's not fair to judge someone's whole life based on one action.

Another reason Karma doesn't exist is that it's based on the idea of a soul. But there is no evidence for souls and there is no proof that they are punished or rewarded after death. Even if there were souls, it's not clear how they could be affected by the actions of people in this life.

Also, Karma is often used as an excuse for bad things that happen. People say "it's Karma" when they don't have a good explanation for why something went wrong. But saying "it's Karma" doesn't solve anything. It doesn't help us understand why bad things happen or how we can make things better.

In conclusion, there are many reasons why Karma doesn't exist. It's based on flawed ideas about people and the world. It's used as an excuse for bad things, and it doesn't solve anything.
Someone should raise an argument against this!

Karma is a concept that has become increasingly popular in recent times. The idea of karma has its roots in Hinduism and Buddhism, where it is believed that one's actions in this life will determine the quality of their next life. The concept of karma has gained popularity among people who are looking for an explanation for why good things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people. However, despite its popularity, karma is not real. Here are several reasons why this is the case.

First of all, the concept of karma is not scientific. There is no empirical evidence that supports the idea that our actions in this life will have an impact on our next life. While some people may argue that they have experienced the effects of karma in their own lives, there is no way to prove that these experiences are the result of karma rather than luck or coincidence.

Secondly, the idea of karma ignores the role of external factors in shaping people's lives. In reality, people's lives are shaped by a wide range of factors that are beyond their control, including their genetics, their socio-economic status, and the circumstances they were born into. While our actions can certainly play a role in our lives, they are not the only determining factor in our success or failure.

Thirdly, the concept of karma can be harmful. It can lead people to believe that those who are suffering deserve their suffering because they must have done something to deserve it. This can lead to victim-blaming and a lack of compassion for those who are struggling. It can also lead to a lack of action to address social injustices, as people may believe that individuals who are suffering are simply experiencing the effects of their own karma.

In conclusion, while the concept of karma may be appealing to some, it is not a real phenomenon. Our lives are shaped by a wide range of factors, and our actions are only one part of the equation. Believing in karma can be harmful and can lead to a lack of empathy and action to address social injustices. As such, it is important to approach the concept of karma with a healthy dose of skepticism and to focus on doing good in the here and now rather than worrying about the effects on some hypothetical future life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by omisanjo(m): 9:30am On May 07, 2023
The is a Yoruba proverb dat says 'idanwo lo bi iya okere' you do something bad lasan and see if karma really exist or not
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by correctguy101(m): 9:32am On May 07, 2023
Corridon:
It doesn't. Evil people keep progressing and succeeding in what they are doing while the righteous ones suffers.

No it does.

The problem is in the context.

It's also a natural law and Sir Newton puts it this. For every action, there's always a reaction, but this ancestor says it's not necessarily opposite to the applied force, that's where context comes in.

Evil people as you judge might know more than you do and the application of their said knowledge is why they progress as you judge.

Morning
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Maynman: 9:33am On May 07, 2023
People think karma means doing good then someone will do you good, or doing evil then evil will befall you.

If you help someone and that person praises and gives thanks to you, don’t you feel inner happiness?
You’ve already reaped it instantly!
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Speedition: 9:35am On May 07, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
wealth can cheat karma.
You lie, In a sane clime your wealth can’t help.
What has wealth done for Sen. Ike Ekweremadu?
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by coputa(m): 9:38am On May 07, 2023
paxonel:
anytime people do good things for bad reasons or bad things for good reasons, in either case there are always repercussions.
For instance, i agree with her parents without her consent to be paying a her school fees with the intention that she is going to marry me after she graduate. I'm doing something good but with a bad reason.
Then, after she graduates, she tells me that she didn't love me afterall. That should be the repercussion of my wrong decision and karma has catch up with me, don't you think so?
You're correct,peps are getting it all wrong here.karma is the consequecies of your actions, it's not about God's punishment.its a universal law.

Ekweremadu was not sentenced to jail for 10years because he stole Nigeria commonwealth but because he was trying to harvest the kidney of an innocent lad without his consent and knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by correctguy101(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
In my opinion, there are many reasons why Karma doesn't exist. The first reason is that Karma is based on the idea that people are rewarded or punished for their good or bad actions in this life or in a previous life. But people are not only good or bad, they are also complex. They can do good things for bad reasons and bad things for good reasons. It's not fair to judge someone's whole life based on one action.

Another reason Karma doesn't exist is that it's based on the idea of a soul. But there is no evidence for souls and there is no proof that they are punished or rewarded after death. Even if there were souls, it's not clear how they could be affected by the actions of people in this life.

Also, Karma is often used as an excuse for bad things that happen. People say "it's Karma" when they don't have a good explanation for why something went wrong. But saying "it's Karma" doesn't solve anything. It doesn't help us understand why bad things happen or how we can make things better.

In conclusion, there are many reasons why Karma doesn't exist. It's based on flawed ideas about people and the world. It's used as an excuse for bad things, and it doesn't solve anything.
Someone should raise an argument against this!

My brother, many ideas from long ago are being misrepresented with meanings they shouldn't have.

Based on your reasons, this ancestor agrees with you and yet finds it hard to accept entirely. I'm that undecided on some matters....lols

If you look at life, you'll find that we're mostly reacting to this and that since birth. Since the first elusive action of reality every other thing in existence is just a reaction. Your birth, your actions, your death. Even deadbody dey react to the environment. Many cause lies within these reactions we all take part in, but it's all crazy ideas here and there.

Make we Siddon one day drink together and talk bro. So that I'll finally make you lost... grin grin

Morning
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by coputa(m): 9:43am On May 07, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
wealth can cheat karma.
How,so wealthy people don't cry, they don't die or they don't face challenges.You think your money can give you everything You need.

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by correctguy101(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

What if she eventually agrees to marry you?
Where's the karma there?🤷‍♂️
This is only a direct consequence of one's action, and not karma.

Karma believes good or bad ALWAYS comes around, right?
Why should he be paid bad when he clearly had a good intention?
I don't see the karma!

Karma does not believe.

People believe.

Karma has no business with good and bad. It's just a reply to an action. Whether positive or negative, as long as there be a reply, that's karma.

If there's no reaction, well that's also karma but then it's called No Karma.

Lord Isaac Newton says there's an equal and opposite reaction to every action but this ancestor says it's not necessarily equal or opposite. A reaction is all there'll be for the event to be crowned as KARMA.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by WantsandMore: 10:01am On May 07, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
wealth can cheat karma.
do you think karma only exist in material form?

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by rex21: 10:02am On May 07, 2023
Karma doesn't exist as we perceive it to be. Man's life is determined largely by God's will. Even Jesus a good man was killed and before his death, he asked God if this cup can be taken from him, but ultimately, let GOD'S WILL prevail. This is simply how our lives is determined.
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Tayorshd87: 10:03am On May 07, 2023
Ireallyneedhelp:
I'm broke and depressed, can't live any longer.
Being born in Nigeria is my greatest undoing.
I cursed the day I am born into this world.

Why is life so difficult and so unfair for a common man. I can't even feed, don't have what to eat and always struggle to afford food.
It's better to die, at least all pains and poverty will be gone.
All friends and family that refuse to help me while alive will be able to do fake love.

There is no God.
There is no karma
If there's God, bad people will not be enjoying while morally upright persons will be suffering.

I am really suffering

This is what we call illusion and that's religion probably in Nigeria though because the good people that gets closer to God are d most people even living in pain and hardship while d wicked that can kill and worship the devil live well and enjoy nature..

So my question is who be endure such suffer all because there is one heaven somewhere 😭😭😭
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by williamssamuel1: 10:06am On May 07, 2023
paxonel:

Karma do exist, as for the scripture emphasis that, what ever a man sow, so shall he/she reap it, as a man what so ever Evil you committed, it does not necessary mean you shall face the consequences on this earth, it maybe after death

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by williamssamuel1: 10:07am On May 07, 2023
[quote author=paxonel post=122916846]According to Merriam-webster, the word "Karma" was first used in 1827 by Buddhists and Hinduists whio described an ethical subjected principle that says "you reap what you sow ".

Karma do exist, as for the scripture emphasis that, what ever a man sow, so shall he/she reap it, as a man what so ever Evil you committed, it does not necessary mean you shall face the consequences on this earth, it maybe after death

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by Kimiso(m): 10:07am On May 07, 2023
Corridon:
It doesn't. Evil people keep progressing and succeeding in what they are doing while the righteous ones suffers.
because evil people has the power of money to fight against karma but poor people don't,
Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by williamssamuel1: 10:08am On May 07, 2023

nel post=122916846]According to Merriam-webster, the word "Karma" was first used in 1827 by Buddhists and Hinduists whio described an ethical subjected principle that says "you reap what you sow ".

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by williamssamuel1: 10:08am On May 07, 2023
[quote author=paxonel post=122916846]According to Merriam-webster, the word "Karma" was first used in 1827 by Buddhists and Hinduists whio described an ethical subjected principle that says "you reap what you sow ".

Obviously,according these scriptures if Karma is anything to go by, it ends abruptly the day you die as a Christian, but the effects thereafter lives on even up to generation

1 Like

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by williamssamuel1: 10:09am On May 07, 2023

:

Re: Karma, Does It Exist? by williamssamuel1: 10:10am On May 07, 2023

:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U / How DNA Technology Proves The Existence Of God / Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.