Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners (15007 Views)

Dangote Refinery Ranked Above 10 Biggest European Refineries / Lagos Government Releases Impounded Vehicles To Their Owners / List Of Oil Wells And Their Owners Seized By President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:09am On May 04, 2023
ekolobaba:

E pain am. AnambraFirstAturu.

Abeg na only 16 stores market square get and the rest no get past 5 stores.

Where for Anambra u dey? I wan slap ur face as u no get job.
Anu count their branches

https://marketsquareng.com/storelocator

13 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by ekolobaba: 11:10am On May 04, 2023
Putinofrussia:
does not like when Igbos and Yorubas are compared in who amongst the two is the most business savvy?
Every often,Yoruba comes tops but they dont make noise.

Even when our Igbo brethren were in govt with the Hausa when govt was 'the winner takes all' and the Yorubas were really and authentically marginalised because they were in opposition,you know what?
Yoruba still came tops by being the richest and the most progressive as they still are today after decades.
God is a Merciful Being.Praises to the Sublimest,the Omnipotent.

No mind the useless nkita, na small pikin. Na why I create the thread.

Yoruba and Hausa sabi do business but the way wey dis yeye people dey always talk u go think say na only ndigbo sabi do business. Na only me me me for everything dem sabi. But if u tell dem another person dey do wetin dem claim say na only dem fit do, dem go start to dey preach like bishop.

See as them preach sermon full the thread. Hehehehe. Yeye people.

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by misano(m): 11:10am On May 04, 2023
Putinofrussia:

No matter what you understand it to be,
Tayo Amusan has bought it and he answers to no one except his establishment.

What are you saying, Shoprite in Asaba belongs to Resilient REIT Africa, is that one also for Dayo? Ask Google who own Shoprite in Asaba and learn.

8 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by DesignMaestro(m): 11:10am On May 04, 2023
misano:
First of all Shoprite is a franchise it can't be owned by one person. Shoprite in Edo state will have a different owner from the one in Delta, it's just like MrBiggs.

Secondly Spar is a franchise. No single owner.
The brand 'Shoprite' can be owned by a person. However, as a franchise, its various stores might be partially owned by different people. I think the South Africans have sold their stake in ShopRite Nigeria last year. If you remember, they previously announced that they were leaving Nigerian market

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by ekolobaba: 11:12am On May 04, 2023
post=122922126:

Anu count their branches

https://marketsquareng.com/storelocator

Where u dey for Anambra small boy? I wan slap ur face. Na u dey disgrace ndigbo for here.

I dey nsugbe.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by misano(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2023
DesignMaestro:
The brand 'Shoprite' can be owned by a person. However, as a franchise, its various stores might be partially owned by different people. I think the South Africans have sold their stake in ShopRite Nigeria last year. If you remember, they previously announced that they were leaving Nigerian market

It sold stakes that shares. Did Dayo buy the Franchise? Who owns SHOPRITE is Asaba please ask Google and stop arguing.

10 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by darkwan: 11:15am On May 04, 2023
Hyperchi:
U lack brain, instead of using the thread to educate ppl, u do what ur tribe are known for calling Igbo for not dominating the list. Every tribe has what they are good at and where they dominate.

shattapu....you are pissed because the list is not full of igbo names....
suddenly it doesnt matter....

haha....people with igbo soundin names are even comin out now to deny been igbo....

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by misano(m): 11:15am On May 04, 2023
DesignMaestro:

If U are talking about Shoprite chain stores U can't say it belongs to one man. That's not how it works.

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by ekolobaba: 11:16am On May 04, 2023
misano:

It sold stakes that shares. Did Dayo buy the Franchise? Who owns SHOPRITE is Asaba please ask Google and stop arguing.

Mechionu dia.

Shoprite Nigeria no be franchise. Dayo bought everything outright.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by darkwan: 11:17am On May 04, 2023
Christistruth02:

The Omoluabi Ethos refined over 5 Centuries has really help the People to be Silent and generous achievers who love their neighbours

the Omoluabi Ethos is the Yorubas version of “you shall love your neighbour as Yourself “ Conduct
though our fore fathers didn’t know the Bible or what was in it

black people already had ethics and morales before those white devils landed on our shores....
only stvpid people admire them....
Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by misano(m): 11:19am On May 04, 2023
ekolobaba:

Mechionu dia.

Shut ur mouth. Mugu, do U even know what a Franchise is. Ask Google and save yourself the stress. I asked ChatGPT and it already confirmed it. Shoprite is a Franchise and also a Limited Liability company. U know nothing, nah to shout they form smart. Yeye Yoruba boy.

10 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by misano(m): 11:21am On May 04, 2023
ekolobaba:

Mechionu dia.

Mugu spotted. See mouth like "buy everything". That's how they deceive their people .

8 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:26am On May 04, 2023
ekolobaba:

Where u dey for Anambra small boy? I wan slap ur face. Na u dey disgrace ndigbo for here.

I dey nsugbe.
You mean your father

Everyday emporium has more than 15 branches across Nigeria, they recently took over Ebonyi mall

11 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by Jennymine(f): 11:28am On May 04, 2023
Oh great
Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by usmanbaba(m): 11:28am On May 04, 2023
You dey mention big stores and u ignored SAHAD stores...just dey play
Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by misano(m): 11:28am On May 04, 2023
post=122922403:

You mean your father

Everyday emporium has more than 15 branches across Nigeria, they recently took over Ebonyi mall

Don't mind those kids. They think life ends in SW.

14 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by misano(m): 11:29am On May 04, 2023
usmanbaba:
You dey mention big stores and u ignored SAHAD stores...just dey play

The guy is focusing on the stores in SW only. He is very ignorant.

13 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by AwkaFinest: 11:29am On May 04, 2023
helinues:

Try and be avoiding some thread. Don't be known as a person with Tom and Di.ck measuring all the time.

You are advising chino? That's what he does for a living. Dick measurement, funny this is he's from the landlocked, erosion laden, redmud.

Me I don leave them run from that sh"th*le we call the SE.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by ekolobaba: 11:29am On May 04, 2023
misano:

Shut ur mouth. Mugu, do U even know what a Franchise is. Ask Google and save yourself the stress. I asked ChatGPT and it already confirmed it. Shoprite is a Franchise and also a Limited Liability company. U know nothing, nah to shout they form smart. Yeye Yoruba boy.

This yeye ngwa boy wey dey claim Isekiri boy wey dey live for Benin. Hehehehe. Thunder fire ur ngwa nyash.

Olodo no be everything u dey ask ChatGPT. U be wawa boy so I no expect much from u.

This is from fact checkers

Shoprite, however, also has up to 418 franchise outlets, but these are not in Nigeria.Its OK Franchise Division, existing in South Africa, Namibia and Swaziland, franchises “five different types of retail formats (OK Foods, OK Grocer, OK MiniMark, OK Express & Sentra), a liquor outlet (OK Liquor) and a wholesale outlet (Megasave)”.
https://www.icirnigeria.org/fact-check-are-shoprite-supermarkets-in-nigeria-franchise-outlets/

Make I repeat am for u cuz u be wawa boy and no only human meat u sabi chop. Wawa pipu no dey get brain. Hehehehe

Shoprite no get franchise for Nigeria.

U don hear now?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by AwkaFinest: 11:31am On May 04, 2023
ekolobaba:

E pain am. AnambraFirstAturu.

Abeg na only 16 stores market square get and the rest no get past 5 stores.

Where for Anambra u dey? I wan slap ur face as u no get job.

You can find the hego*t in PH. Hunger wan kill am for ihiala Anambra state grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by Femmyfamous4u(m): 11:32am On May 04, 2023
post=122921748:

Nigeria doesn't start and end in Lagos, Market, you guys will sit you lazy a..s s in you region and be dishing out propaganda

Market Square has more than 30 branches in Nigeria is own by Igbo

Everyday Super stores has more than 20 branches across Nigeria

Roban Stores has more than 15 branches

He said biggest. Why not conduct your research and look for the top ten.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by AwkaFinest: 11:34am On May 04, 2023
But Op most of the stores you listed there are not worth mentioning.

ShopRite
Spar
Market Square
Everyday supermarket
Roban

All deserve an honorable mention
These guys are changing the narrative in Nigeria for good.

Next cash and carry needs more stores to join this list. But their few stores are grandiose

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by ekolobaba: 11:34am On May 04, 2023
AwkaFinest:

You can find the hega**t in PH. Hunger wan kill am for ihiala Anambra state grin grin

Hehehehe.

I don see him picture. Him neck long past ostrich neck. Na yeye boy.

AnambraFirstAturu.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:35am On May 04, 2023
ekolobaba:

Ndi ara. Even ur link talk say na 24.

U be mugu. E pain am

Yeye boy.

I dey nsugbe dey wait for u. Onye iberibe
This is the biggest shopping mall in Nigeria they don't share space with anybody in their mall

14 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by misano(m): 11:36am On May 04, 2023
ekolobaba:

This yeye ngwa boy wey dey claim Isekiri boy wey dey live for Benin. Hehehehe. Thunder fire ur ngwa nyash.

Olodo no be everything u dey ask ChatGPT. U be wawa boy so I no expect much from u.

This is from fact checkers

https://www.icirnigeria.org/fact-check-are-shoprite-supermarkets-in-nigeria-franchise-outlets/

Make I repeat am for u cuz u be wawa boy and no only human meat u sabi chop. Wawa pipu no dey get brain. Hehehehe

Shoprite no get franchise for Nigeria.

U don hear now?

First U said Shoprite is not a Franchisor meaning they don't operate as a Franchise, now U say they don't have Franchise in Nigeria. U ARE A BIG FOOL.

Resilient REIT Africa is one of Shoprite Franchisees in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:37am On May 04, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

He said biggest. Why not conduct your research and look for the top ten.
Igbos boys stores in one street in Port Harcourt pass this ones

11 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by misano(m): 11:37am On May 04, 2023
post=122922563:

This is the biggest shopping mall in Nigeria they don't share stores with anybody in their mall

GOD BLESS YOU. I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS PEOPLE ARE SO MYOPIC.

9 Likes

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by misano(m): 11:40am On May 04, 2023
AwkaFinest:
But Op most of the stores you listed there are not worth mentioning.

ShopRite
Spar
Market Square
Everyday supermarket
Roban

All deserve an honorable mention
These guys are changing the narrative in Nigeria for good.

Next cash and carry needs more stores to join this list. But their few stores are grandiose

Apart from the ones U just listed, the rest are only in SW. With small kiosks-like shops 😂😂😂

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Biggest Supermarket Chain In Nigeria And Their Owners by Femmyfamous4u(m): 11:42am On May 04, 2023
post=122922602:

Igbos boys stores in one street in Port Harcourt pass this ones

No be by mouth, what is the net worth? Stating facts has nothing to do with bragging. Y'all have been shouting Igbo billionaires rules everywhere. It's the chestbeating for me. I'd you knew how many silent Yoruba, Edo, Hausa-Fulani and other Billionaires in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply / Nothing To Show For Buhari’s Investment In SIP - Ndume / Portharcourt Ring Road Projects Not Stopped - Governor Sim Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.