Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

On Marrying Younger Ladies - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Marrying Younger Ladies (4433 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Dating Or Marrying Younger Women / Foreign Lady Gives Her Fellow Ladies 5 Tips On Marrying A Nigerian Man (Video / Why Are Younger Ladies Marrying Old Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 6:48pm On May 05, 2023
linearity:

I think your figure of 6 out 10 ladies over 26 having fibroid in Africa is very conservative, essentially if they have not given birth at that age.

Statistics put that number at 8 out of 10 Africa ladies, the good news is there are now effective treatments and even non surgical means of getting rid of fibroid even in Nigeria, the disadvantage is, they are expensive therefore beyond the reach of many families.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0283201#:~:text=Background,of%20all%20races%20and%20ages.

Probably because I focused on 26nyears and above. Higher age would have worse statistics
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 6:49pm On May 05, 2023
ItisWell22:
🤔

Just as I’ve seen a 23 year old with fibroids.

That’s why most conditions in medicine, number one cause is almost always UNKNOWN (Idiopathic).

And to the Op, I hope and pray none of your sisters or daughters exceed 24years, unmarried.

A consultant obstetrician while teaching in class asked “why would anyone marry a lady above 30years of age?”
Guess what! His daughter turned 31 this year, after her traditional marriage got cancelled few days away, due to genotype incompatibility last year.

I hope not. But ladies are rejecting marriage nowadays for hook up lifestyle, and stupidly excessive education for their gender.

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by wisdomkid: 6:56pm On May 05, 2023
Straybullet:

Actually it is you who is expecting peace from human beings that be disappointed.
What they owe me is children. Nothing else.

That means everyone around you didn't bring you peace. Awful crowd you must be going through. Yes, you can bring peace to yourself, but you should expect people around you to do same too.

From your statement, you certainly are not a peaceful person, if you believed everyone else can't bring you peace

3 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 7:24pm On May 05, 2023
wisdomkid:

That means everyone around you didn't bring you peace. Awful crowd you must be going through. Yes, you can bring peace to yourself, but you should expect people around you to do same too.

From your statement, you certainly are not a peaceful person, if you believed everyone else can't bring you peace

No wahala. Whatever makes you happy

4 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by udede(m): 7:46pm On May 05, 2023
Straybullet:
One lady has been hyperventilating on Facebook.

Her grouse is that men above 35 shouldn't date girls 19 or below.

Should we tell her?

Maybe we should.

I wl never advise any man seeking a marriage that would bear children to marry any lady older than 25. And quite honestly the younger the better, barring child abuse age.

My opinion.

Reason: I'm an MBBS and in my line of work I see numerous ladies... and... I've done an informal survey: If I scan 10 ladies 26 and above at least 5 to 6 of them would have fibroids.

This is the hard truth that needs to be told. Raw sex plus emergency contraceptives like postinor is creating a whole new subset of early uterine fibroid sufferers .

I swear it.

So what are you doing with that demographic only to start disturbing people for prayers

If children are not on your mind then, this may not apply to you. Otherwise, it's the new reality upon us, many more of our younger ladies are suffering from this ailment than our parents generation had.

So the Facebook lady shouldn't blame men. Many of us only marry for reproduction purposes and the dynamic now has absolutely changed.

Thank you.

tankio my brother

3 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by jamesversion: 7:53pm On May 05, 2023
Straybullet:

Should we tell her?

Maybe we should.

I wl never advise any man seeking a marriage that would bear children to marry any lady older than 25. And quite honestly the younger the better, barring child abuse age.

My opinion.

Reason: I'm an MBBS and in my line of work I see numerous ladies... and... I've done an informal survey: If I scan 10 ladies 26 and above at least 5 to 6 of them would have fibroids.

This is the hard truth that needs to be told. Raw sex plus emergency contraceptives like postinor is creating a whole new subset of early uterine fibroid sufferers .

I swear it.

So what are you doing with that demographic only to start disturbing people for prayers

If children are not on your mind then, this may not apply to you. Otherwise, it's the new reality upon us, many more of our younger ladies are suffering from this ailment than our parents generation had.

So the Facebook lady shouldn't blame men. Many of us only marry for reproduction purposes and the dynamic now has absolutely changed.

Thank you.

How is the scan possible. I will like to scan my gf before marriage
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 8:36pm On May 05, 2023
jamesversion:

How is the scan possible. I will like to scan my gf before marriage

Walk into any scan and diagnostic centre around you and ask for a scan, or better still consult your doctor

2 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by wisdomkid: 10:18pm On May 05, 2023
Straybullet:

No wahala. Whatever makes you happy

Peace, Love, and Light... Good evening Chief.

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by 1Sharon(f): 3:51am On May 06, 2023
Straybullet:

Should we tell her?

Maybe we should.

My opinion.

I swear it.

Thank you.

Mr MBBS, fibroid have nothing to do with age but everything to do with race!

You'll hardly see white women with the condition.

It is linked to hair relaxers!

2 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by 1Sharon(f): 3:53am On May 06, 2023
seniorgozman:
To me it depends on the girl's lifestyle. Someone I wanted to marry was just 24 and has no womb. When I discovered, I quietly backed out. At that time a man was dragging her with me and went ahead to marry her. My friends were surprised that I didn't resist. I told everyone that the marriage won't last. In less than 6 months the man divorced her after discovering

A whole womb missing. How did you discover this.
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by 1Sharon(f): 4:06am On May 06, 2023
ItisWell22:
🤔

That’s why most conditions in medicine, number one cause is almost always UNKNOWN (Idiopathic).

And to the Op, I hope and pray none of your sisters or daughters exceed 24years, unmarried.

A consultant obstetrician while teaching in class asked “why would anyone marry a lady above 30years of age?”
Guess what! His daughter turned 31 this year, after her traditional marriage got cancelled few days away, due to genotype incompatibility last year.

They're entitled to their preference.

But fibroid aren't linked to age at all. It's due to hair relaxers, it sounds crazy but you can look this up.

I've never met a white girl with it. I know they have it aswell, but it's very rare

Those chemicals that black women put in their hair is affecting hormonal balance.
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by NoFucksToGive: 6:06am On May 06, 2023
Straybullet:
But where is IyaebeTheGreat, pocahontas, grin

Why are you disturbing those ENPs na 🤣🤣🤣
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by NoFucksToGive: 6:07am On May 06, 2023
Straybullet:

Should we tell her?

Maybe we should.

My opinion.

I swear it.

Thank you.

YOU ARE THE GOAT!! THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

THE GOAT!!!? THE LEGEND

THE GOAT !!

I SALUTE SIR

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by NoFucksToGive: 6:08am On May 06, 2023
Straybullet:

Believe me or ask your doctor. Age is everything...Well almost everything

Age is everything
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by NoFucksToGive: 6:09am On May 06, 2023
Straybullet:

Wow! Really impressed. Are you above 24?

IyaebeTheGreat is in her late 30s. Don't mind her. She na evening newspaper

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by NoFucksToGive: 6:11am On May 06, 2023
Kobicove:
To be honest I think age actually plays a part in it but I have witnessed a situation where a 38year old lady got married and had 2 children in 2 quick pregnancies without any complications whatsoever cheesy

Tell the husband to do DNA test pls
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by NoFucksToGive: 6:12am On May 06, 2023
ItisWell22:
🤔

Self consolation

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by NoFucksToGive: 6:21am On May 06, 2023
1Sharon:

They're entitled to their preference.

But fibroid aren't linked to age at all. It's due to hair relaxers, it sounds crazy but you can look this up.

I've never met a white girl with it. I know they have it aswell, but it's very rare

Those chemicals that black women put in their hair is affecting hormonal balance.

Stop talking NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by 1Sharon(f): 6:34am On May 06, 2023
NoFucksToGive:

Madam you are taking rubbish and sound stupid.

Fibroids have everything to do with age. Once a woman is above 26 and not have kids her risk is very high

I'm supposed to believe YOU over what research has said? Before you insult me make sure you know what you're talking about.

Just because information doesn't feel right with you sit right with your emotions doesn't automatically make it wrong.

Typical stupid Nigerian.

I hope you've learnt today!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3282879/

https://patient.info/news-and-features/whats-the-link-between-hair-relaxers-and-fibroids

2 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by 9gerian: 7:33am On May 06, 2023
How does this research article support or contradict your observation?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8303102/

Straybullet:

Sure it's an opinion, but the available evidence weighs heavily In my favour....unopposed estrogen action by postinor preventing pregnancy, exposure to human papilloma virus from sex, age to give both enough time to produce the myomata.

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by stanvesco(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2023
Straybullet:

Should we tell her?

Maybe we should.

My opinion.

I swear it.

Thank you.

Don't put your lifetime career in jeopardy just to have two likes!

Or atleast don't drag MBBS into it!

You could have just stated your points and not try to brag with the Hippocratic certificate. That being said,I will expect you to do better next time or do a better research and re-edit your post.

Thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Tenrack: 7:52am On May 06, 2023
ItisWell22:
🤔

you dey swear for am? You, hope your married too?

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Tenrack: 7:54am On May 06, 2023
wisdomkid:

Op states the truth. You can't expect a woman who's not your mother to give you peace. Even some mother's don't guarantee that. Wth are you even saying?

3 Likes

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by wisdomkid: 8:04am On May 06, 2023
Tenrack:
Op states the truth. You can't expect a woman who's not your mother to give you peace. Even some mothers don't guarantee that. Wth are you even saying?

That there are HUMANS out there who can and will give you peace. YOUR MOTHER was trained by a human being, and these girls are NOT trained by dogs. Jeez, the mentality of people out there is sickening. Acting like there's no hope for humankind in marriages anymore.

We better start surrounding ourselves with good people, and good stories and live a happy life. Actually sad that people are coming to conclusion on these matter like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by DonroxyII: 10:34am On May 06, 2023
Kooldon:
Truth. I can't agree less cos the rate of fibroid surgeries among unmarried young woman around us is alarming compared to decades ago.
The Economic Hardships is having a toil on our Women because Biologically Women are not Created for Mental Stress ....

I Theroretically observed too much Blood flows to the CNS(Brain Faculty) due to Hyper-Processing Should denies Other vital Organs necessary Nutrients & Over Inconsiderable time Possibly Womb/Ova Reacts Abnormally thus Fibroids ...(My Guess though Because I'm an Accountant not a Doc) !

If proper precautions are not taken the Fibroid goes Cancerous...

Imagine a Girl in mid-20s is still planning to go for Masters, Doctorate While Some are hyper-processing through the economic Hardships via Businesses that's not Fast Moving as well as Corporate World Stresses ....

The Society needs to be Rejig !

Thanks to Olosho & Hook-up in Little measure
Because Many Girls are being taken care of With Little Mental Stress while those with Hyper Mental stress needs to Beware of Susceptibility to Fibroid ....

Because Human Population are bound to reduce when Many Women couldn't conceived especially third world countries that are not scientific inclined would still abuse each other further !

A Woman should be on Maternal Instincts By Mid-20s to 30s But she is Cruising the Economies & the Headaches attached to Finding Mr Right grin ....

Nah, Governments of Sane Nations has to look into this but where the Agenda is Reduction in Global Population, then the Scheme is Working !
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 10:39am On May 06, 2023
stanvesco:

Don't put your lifetime career in jeopardy just to have two likes!

Or atleast don't drag MBBS into it!

You could have just stated your points and not try to brag with the Hippocratic certificate. That being said,I will expect you to do better next time or do a better research and re-edit your post.

Thank you

What a small small minded human you are. You really think MBBS is something to brag about, shame.

Now face the topic and stop disgracing whoever paid for your defective education.

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by Straybullet: 10:41am On May 06, 2023
1Sharon:

Mr MBBS, fibroid have nothing to do with age but everything to do with race!

You'll hardly see white women with the condition.

It is linked to hair relaxers!

When you can get 10 percent of 17 to 21 with fibroids come and let's talk

And with respect to your point about hair relaxers, yes it is suspected to contribute but you need to know how.

Some hair products contain endocrine disruptors which interfere with the body's Hormones, which then possibly lead to fibroids.

That's exactly what delayed marriage, plus sexually transmitted human papilloma virus plus hormonal prevention of pregnancy with postinor etc can cause.

You allow estrogen to continue unabated , whereas pregnancy could have offered you nine months of progesterone protection.

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by prophetfire: 10:41am On May 06, 2023
Straybullet:

Should we tell her?

Maybe we should.

My opinion.

I swear it.

Thank you.

Ahhhh!! Dokita! Evening newspapers go keee youooo! No talk say I no tee youooo!

1 Like

Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by DonroxyII: 10:52am On May 06, 2023
swagguElite:
I do both younger ladies and older women. There is no better. One set too reckless - too selfish, the other set too marriage conscious or already has a kid. How do you determine the one with fibroid issue by lookin' at their faces? This has nothin' to do with age brother.
Regardless of Age, a Girl with Much Stress not (Hardwork oo) But with Limited Stress Thresholds is bound to Possibly developed Disorders in Her Reproductive Organs !

My Observations ... !

Women are to be catered for by Men e get why But Nowadays ... all Hands on Deck Ni ...

E hard sotey na Fvckboys plenty no be Man...

To Breakthrough requires extra efforts from Women especially if she is from Not well to do background with lack of Nutritional-Diets to Power Her Energies Needs ....

A Daughter of a Man on 50K Salary Doing Medicine/Engineering In a Family of Five(5) is Possibly Bound to have Fibroid or One-two Reproductive Disorders ... Because the Brain is On Hyper-Processing thus such Girl needs to Marry Earlier before the Cells in her Systems Responded Abnormally to Child-Bearing !

Those are Mental Inclined Disciplines & The Reproductive Organs would respond except she has a very good Stress tolerance levels ...

My position is not based on Any Empirical Evidence just Theoretical Observations on Causes of Upsurge in Fibroid in this Dispensation!
Re: On Marrying Younger Ladies by DonroxyII: 10:58am On May 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I just thank God for my life, na small small online fights be my own, spoil no follow. I don't even know what postinor looks like.
It's Much than that ... check my latest two Posts and Cross reference me on what You Feel !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Age Really Matter In A Relationship: / What Do You Do When Two Of Your Girlfriends Meet In Your Room? / I've Had My Share Of Igbo Men,but This Yoruba Boy Speaks Depths To Me...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.