Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! (45086 Views)

My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January / Will My Generator Be Able To Power The Inverter AC? / How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by OnGod5686: 9:33pm On May 05, 2023
grin Bad man
Calibrator:
People like that don't learn except through the hard way.. Last time someone tried this nonsense with me.

Switch on the generator, after a few minutes, switch off all appliances in your apartment, preferably with the changeover switch to be on the safe side, then go to your generator and rapidly use a star screwdriver to raise the output to the maximum, it will fry all electrical appliances in your neighbour's apartment.

It is not everything you leave to God or the government to judge, heaven helps those who help themselves!
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by harmonyglobal: 9:33pm On May 05, 2023
How is that my problem
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Sambai65(m): 9:35pm On May 05, 2023
Are you not man enough to confront him,which kind of nonsense be that grin

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Greenfusion: 9:37pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:
People like that don't learn except through the hard way.. Last time someone tried this nonsense with me.

Switch on the generator, after a few minutes, switch off all appliances in your apartment, preferably with the changeover switch to be on the safe side, then go to your generator and rapidly use a star screwdriver to raise the output to the maximum, it will fry all electrical appliances in your neighbour's apartment.

It is not everything you leave to God or the government to judge, heaven helps those who help themselves!

Lol...correct solution, by the time he spend to replace of fix im appliances e go reset im brain

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by mankan2k7(m): 9:37pm On May 05, 2023
dawnomike:
If his connection is not disturbing your power output needed in your apartment, just let it slide

Many people should just don't leave the shore of Nigeria.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Christian07(m): 9:38pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

can i handle this case my able client

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by 4ormidable(m): 9:40pm On May 05, 2023
Megabig:
I know the neighbor won’t ask nicely, just meet a generator repairer and ask him how you can use a spammer to quickly turn your voltage to the highest, when next he connects and gets into his apartment, unplug all your appliances and get to work, just turn the voltage to the highest and wait till you hear him screaming “Jesus”!!!… Cunny man die, na cunny man go bury am

He will count his losses and will not try it again

No police, No quarrel, no lawyer and no drama… everyone will be alright
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Deeprooted: 9:42pm On May 05, 2023
dawnomike:
If his connection is not disturbing your power output needed in your apartment, just let it slide

He needs his permission!
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by JeffreyJunior: 9:42pm On May 05, 2023
There's rove in sharing.😄
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by yommygift15: 9:43pm On May 05, 2023
The most simple case have ever experienced, switch off every of ur gadget then raise the generator to d maximum capacity, even if he wishes to connect it tomorrow, there won't be any gadget to use with it.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by MrColdsweat: 9:45pm On May 05, 2023
Meet your neighbour man to man and ask him to disconnect it.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by princeadex4us(m): 9:47pm On May 05, 2023
[quote author=CuriousCart post=122950891]

Off all your appliance and Increase the voltage of your generator to 350 to 600 watz when you discover he connects to your generator, thanks me later what are we friends for.😄😃😀
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Enemyofpeace: 9:52pm On May 05, 2023
dawnomike:
why should he? That's stealing and it should not be encouraged in the society. What stops him from begging the owner for the connection? O wrong now.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by SavageResponse(m): 9:53pm On May 05, 2023
dawnomike:

You think it's harmless until the neighour starts overloading the generator by using an electric cooker, electric iron etc
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Enemyofpeace: 9:53pm On May 05, 2023
[quote author=princeadex4us post=122956309][/quote]omo everything for him house go burn o
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Enemyofpeace: 9:54pm On May 05, 2023
yommygift15:
The most simple case have ever experienced, switch off every of ur gadget then raise the generator to d maximum capacity, even if he wishes to connect it tomorrow, there won't be any gadget to use with it.
supported

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Enemyofpeace: 9:54pm On May 05, 2023
Deeprooted:

He needs his permission!
no mind that guy wey dey form Mr Nice guy

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by DrMuzungu(m): 9:55pm On May 05, 2023
dawnomike:

If the load on the generator increases, the fuel consumption goes up too, in order to maintain the RPM. And that costs MONEY. hard-earnt money. If the generator you use is a TRIPLE PHASE, I have a solution for you:

1. Normal voltage between the phase(live) and neutral should be 200-240 Volt. Bulbs are more sensitive but other stuff can tolerate up to 260 volts.

2. You need to DISCONNECT every single thing in YOUR house, then re-wire the plug which goes into the generator, to use 2 different phases instead phase and neutral. Voltage between phases should be 360-400 Volt. Make sure once again that everything in your house is NOT connected, turn the gen on, leave it until you hear shouting from neighbor's place, then turn it off and re-wire it back to normal. He will have to pay from $50 to $200 to repair the TV, maybe $50 to $100 to change freezer/fridge compressor, all phone chargers will go up in smoke, all bulbs will be blown etc.

DO IT AT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Bigsunny01(m): 9:57pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:

U finish work here abeg grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by udomma1005(m): 9:58pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

I owe you one.
Like what voltage do you think can fry appliances?
😂
Before you increase the voltage, make sure you monitor him well and strike when he's outside and not close to hurriedly put off his appliances. I did this to one Ole when I was a bachelor and was using a one man carrier Gen........ Sweet memories 👍

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by mekuso89(m): 9:58pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:

My man you are rugged ooo chaii

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Osanoghodua1: 10:01pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

A big one. Why?
I can't reveal the exact model incase he's on NL.
I am here, please don't take me to court or raise the fire, I'll repent.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by SavageResponse(m): 10:03pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:

Is this not an overkill? grin
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by moodyguy: 10:08pm On May 05, 2023
Pls I want to know how does he connect to ur gen,can't u call an electrician to severe the illegal connection?
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by eneyoduke(m): 10:11pm On May 05, 2023
That's Energy theft, it's a criminality in the Power sector, take action if it affect your power consumption.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Gptech(m): 10:14pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

I was thinking of this too.
Yeah, its true. A simple example is your bulbs dont fluctuate when your generator is about to go off due to fuel exhaustion. For generators with capacitors there are fluctuations because of the varying speeds in such conditions.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by deavicky(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

I owe you one.
Like what voltage do you think can fry appliances?
that thing will not work ur generator is designed not to exceed 240v or max 260v and most appliances can still accommodate the voltage surge to that amount, except ur generator it is a 3 phase generator then u can send 2 life to his apartment instead of one life and neutral.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by CuriousCart: 10:18pm On May 05, 2023
Gptech:

Yeah, its true. A simple example is your bulbs dont fluctuate when your generator is about to go off due to fuel exhaustion. For generators with capacitors there are fluctuations because of the varying speeds in such conditions.

Ok.
So you're saying increasing my gen voltage won't fry his appliances?
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Graciafun(m): 10:19pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:

chai! This man wicked! 🤣🤣 I laugh at frying of his electrical appliances.🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by LOVEGINO(m): 10:20pm On May 05, 2023
dawnomike:
heaven dey close to ya house😂
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by jacobjamie(m): 10:22pm On May 05, 2023
maclatunji:
What kind of generator are you using?
just a stupid question. What has the type of generator hot to do with his complain ?
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by mechanics(m): 10:22pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:

hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abuja Shopping Mall Collapses! Five Rescued, Two Trapped / Lagos Govt Releases Official Figures Of Persons That Died In Collapsed Building / Checkout This House In Benin With It's Hilarious Gate (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.