Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! (45130 Views)

My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January / Will My Generator Be Able To Power The Inverter AC? / How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by mechanics(m): 10:23pm On May 05, 2023
SisterAnn:
So yarimo never stop this nonsense grin
hahhahah
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Slynation(m): 10:24pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

If his connection ain't affecting you in any way, simply tell him to be contributing money for fuel...!!

As long as you are happy and he is happy, life no suppose hard!!
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by yarimo(m): 10:24pm On May 05, 2023
mechanics:
hahhahah
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by alllivesmatter(m): 10:32pm On May 05, 2023
emmykk:
Maybe your generator noise is disturbing him or her.
If your generator is disturbing him or her and they have told you about it and you fail to take the nose out of their hearing ,if I m your neighbor walahi I will tap from the current then when you do your worst you will be ask to remove it from my surroundings to be free of noise.

Your generator can't be disturbing me and you are claiming I m tapping your current in nairaland .

If your generator is disturbing your neighbor there are many ways your neighbor can use to damage the generator but this tapping of current seems to be the best solution your neighbor can bring,thumb up to him.

If you fry his or her appliances just know your generator will spoil soon too so use wisdom

This is how the northerns and other Nigerians are using Niger delta crude to develop their region the region will be getting the negative side of the activity, then they will be chasing youth who are indigenes of those places that they are tapping oil pipelines.

Bros nor vex there is a reason he is tapping your light, police will settle it finally.
I strongly believe he has a point against you.

You need to see a therapist as soon as possible. You need help.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by IbroMaka(m): 10:35pm On May 05, 2023
dawnomike:
If his connection is not disturbing your power output needed in your apartment, just let it slide

Slide Gini

That's stealing and it's bullshit
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by wiseword316(m): 10:36pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

No need for court case. I have a solution though...
Look for old television with Cathode ray tube (CRT) Pull the black wire connected to the tube, Trace the wire that is feeding your neighbor and connect the wire to the CRT line transformer output. Make sure you remove the TV from power before you start the process. Next if he hears generators sound hin body go tell am.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by BarrElChapo(m): 10:38pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:
People like that don't learn except through the hard way.. Last time someone tried this nonsense with me.

Switch on the generator, after a few minutes, switch off all appliances in your apartment, preferably with the changeover switch to be on the safe side, then go to your generator and rapidly use a star screwdriver to raise the output to the maximum, it will fry all electrical appliances in your neighbour's apartment.

It is not everything you leave to God or the government to judge, heaven helps those who help themselves!

😭😭😭😭🤣
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by OgbeniOja1: 10:48pm On May 05, 2023
Some Nigerians are just not normal anymore. He got ok ver50 likes sef
dawnomike:
If his connection is not disturbing your power output needed in your apartment, just let it slide
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Singlenhappy(f): 10:53pm On May 05, 2023
My Nigerian man. How you take reason am sharp sharp? from with
Calibrator:
People like that don't learn except through the hard way.. Last time someone tried this nonsense with me.

Switch on the generator, after a few minutes, switch off all appliances in your apartment, preferably with the changeover switch to be on the safe side, then go to your generator and rapidly use a star screwdriver to raise the output to the maximum, it will fry all electrical appliances in your neighbour's apartment.

It is not everything you leave to God or the government to judge, heaven helps those who help themselves!
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by anidan(m): 10:57pm On May 05, 2023
Increase the voltage of your gen to 300v, put off your appliances and thank me later
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Seagodess(f): 10:58pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:

heaven help those who help themselves is not in the Bible Sir
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Arabmoney1682(m): 11:00pm On May 05, 2023
Another lesson learnt......
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by redeff06: 11:05pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

My advice for you is to re-wire your house so that your generator circuit will not be hackable.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by jaymichael(m): 11:07pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:

Exactly what I had in mind to type😄👍
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by jaymichael(m): 11:07pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

Thanks.
Won't this affect my gen itself?
No it won't.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by jaymichael(m): 11:08pm On May 05, 2023
Abfinest007:
I thought of this but at times u just have to let something's go
Let it go until the guy plug iron or boiling ring with your gen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Topmaike007(m): 11:08pm On May 05, 2023
Calibrator:

grin grin wicked man
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Dollywood(m): 11:11pm On May 05, 2023
Nwaotu10:
What if he's using surge protector? You think thieves ain't smart? grin
What are the chances of him using a surge protector? Let me guess; less than 1%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by godofuck231: 11:18pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

simply connect that same wire to the 33 kva high tension, prepare for fire
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Gptech(m): 11:27pm On May 05, 2023
CuriousCart:

Ok.
So you're saying increasing my gen voltage won't fry his appliances?
Yes it won't
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by CuriousCart: 11:31pm On May 05, 2023
Gptech:

Yes it won't

Omo.
What remedy can you suggest?
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Unrated900(m): 11:46pm On May 05, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
If you can, you fit record video evidence of how your neighbor take to connect to your generator and come trace it back to his house at least. Then call the police and show them the video as proof. undecided

If he come show them the proof
So what go be he gain.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Originalsly: 11:49pm On May 05, 2023
If the generator is running on 110 volts .... disconnect it from your home connection .... then you can easily make a mistake by switching to 220 volts and allow him to connect. Trust me..... he wouldn't need to steal.agai
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by THEGALADIMA(m): 11:54pm On May 05, 2023
wink wink 😀
Calibrator:

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by alyarmouk(m): 11:59pm On May 05, 2023
E fit be say na d full current sef the neighbour need. Ndi uwa

crypost=122952014]People like that don't learn except through the hard way.. Last time someone tried this nonsense with me.

[/quote]
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Deji07abcd5: 12:19am On May 06, 2023
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Nwaotu10(m): 12:21am On May 06, 2023
Dollywood:

What are the chances of him using a surge protector? Let me guess; less than 1%
1%?
You're joking.
Surge protector being sold for 3k!
You saying he can't afford it or what?

Virtually everyone uses it for appliances.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Dollywood(m): 12:34am On May 06, 2023
Nwaotu10:

1%?
You're joking.
Surge protector being sold for 3k!
You saying he can't afford it or what?

Virtually everyone uses it for appliances.

“Virtually everyone is still less than 1%.” I don't need to argue any further.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Harddiskng(m): 12:36am On May 06, 2023
socialmediaman:

Don’t do this! It’s risky for him and perhaps you. You could burn down his house and it may affect you too, and what if this ends tragically?

@Op this is exactly what you should do.

First approach the said neighbor to inquire from him if he is connected to your Gen. You can even record the conversation, if his answer is “No” then he has nothing to fear.

Disconnected your house;, turn the generator to the max. Fire away!

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Harddiskng(m): 12:38am On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:

There is no how is neighbor’s theft won’t affect him.

Gens have output to fuel consumption ratio.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by mrnatty(m): 12:59am On May 06, 2023
CuriousCart:

You don't need court in this matter, court is a long journey...deal with him ur self.
One of my neighbor did similar thing and I dealt with him terribly.
To deal with him, on ur generator as usual, when you are sure he av connected as usual, off all ur appliances then go to ur generator and trotle it from the engine, it will produce high voltage and damage any appliance of his that's on...once u succeed in burning one of his expensive appliance he will see ur light and run.
Leave lawyer and court alone.
Just f**k his appliance up with high voltage then thank me later.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Elev82014: 1:01am On May 06, 2023
CuriousCart:

I am NOT sure what Nigerian criminal law calls it but in the US, it's theft or stealing of property! It could be either a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the value of the property stolen. In some states, any amount over $500 is classified as a felony while in others, anything over $1000 is deemed a felony. So, yes you can file a complaint against your neighbor for theft of property. And to determine the amount you claim for the value of your property, you guestimate using the cost of gas per liter and how many liters you think he had used. Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abuja Shopping Mall Collapses! Five Rescued, Two Trapped / Lagos Govt Releases Official Figures Of Persons That Died In Collapsed Building / Checkout This House In Benin With It's Hilarious Gate (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.