Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

What Has Caused Hookup Culture? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Has Caused Hookup Culture? (28285 Views)

The Hookup Culture In Nigeria Is So Bad That Even Working 9-5 Babes Engage In It / A Man Spotted Behind A Lady's Photoshoot Has Caused A Stir On Social Media / The Way A Guy Stylishly Touched This Lady In Public Has Caused Online Argument (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by waxxydude: 9:27am On May 10, 2023
bukatyne:
@IyaTola:

It would be helpful to differentiate between what occurs in Nigeria: prostitution aka exchange of sex for money

And what occurs in the West: causal sex aka one night stand which is actually the hookup culture.

For Nigeria: prostitution is caused majorly by greed, unresourcefulness, laziness etc. on the part of the men & women. A few women/young girls are victims of trafficking and kidnapping for prostitution.

For the West: hookup is majorly caused by feminism which taught women that they are free to sexually explore aka sleep around. Now, feminism claims that men have been promiscuous of ages and applauded. Instead of holding the men accountable, they strangely preferred to 'join' the men and rather insust that they are not slut shamed. Because of free sex, men wonder why they should buy the cow when they can get the milk for free.

In all of the above, there are young men and women in Nigeria & the West who have decided (due to religion, morals, upbringing or personal determination) to apply sexual restraint and shun instant gratification. To them I say kudos and may God/life lead you to similar partners who have reserved themselves.
Perfect

2 Likes

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by DeeBaDan: 9:35am On May 10, 2023
Hassanmaye:

What! It must be Lagos

Lekki precisely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by poweredcom(m): 9:41am On May 10, 2023
Gerrard59:

One naive nairalander go read this and think he is innocent. Not knowing this is Nairaland's biggest patron of sex workers.

Yeah you can say it , na me cause am? or what...i will even bang ur girlfriend bro if she enter the market ......i no send o
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by Onisokuso(m): 9:54am On May 10, 2023
Awon oloshi omo
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by nony43(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2023
Dshocker:

There are, but very expensive, you might have to spend about 30%-100% of your salary to get one

They are not expensive bro.
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by Divoc19(f): 10:34am On May 10, 2023
You're right and Social Media promote it
DonroxyII:
I think Poverty & Bigger Life than One's Economic Means !

1 Like

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by seguno2: 10:35am On May 10, 2023
Gerrard59:
That is not true.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22552705/#:~:text=Sexual%20desire%20is%20typically%20higher,in%20studies%20of%20sexual%20desire.

The s3xmaniac already confused and indicted himself with his own comment below. How do women monetise their bodies if men don’t have a GREATER need for them?

as if women don't have urge for sex whereas they crave for it more. Sex is the greatest weapon a woman has over a Man this is why they monetize it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by seguno2: 10:37am On May 10, 2023
Gerrard59:
One naive nairalander go read this and think he is innocent. Not knowing this is Nairaland's biggest patron of sex workers.

Our hypocrisy is second to none, walahi.
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by DonroxyII: 11:01am On May 10, 2023
Divoc19:
You're right and Social Media promote it
Of course, The World is now Globalised With Global Social medias ...

Big Ballers are even Importing Girls from Brazil, Caribbean as Dem Dey Import Commodities Dem no dey run local any more grin ......

Humanities is Now One Community, Is the World not Sweeter grin ...

Anyway, E Better Pass Wars & Destructions as Has Been Happening from Eon Times !

Present Generations are Better than Past Generations & Future Generations Shall be Better than Present Generations .. That's the Law!

2 Likes

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by IyaTola: 1:04pm On May 10, 2023
DrFunmisticGlow:
red pill/incel vomit.
What's this?
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by manny4u(m): 2:13pm On May 10, 2023
kay29000:

That's just an excuse. Is she the first girl to be out of job? She did it cos she probably was already doing it before she got that job, and was probably doing it on the side when she had the job...i know female bankers that are into hookup. It is not always about poverty...it is most times because the girl is lazy.

Well, you are right. It is just difficult to make excuses for them.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by IyaTola: 3:37pm On May 10, 2023
wink
manny4u:

Well, you are right. It is just difficult to make excuses for them.
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by segcymoor(m): 5:09pm On May 10, 2023
kay29000:

You're very accurate. I'm amazed when i see some girls in their 20s i know are into runs calling themselves olosho on whatsapp statuses and laughing about it...they're not ashamed about it anymore. Theyre very open.

They love it...they love every bit of it, from hanging with Yahoo boys and older men that spend lazishly on them, to have wild sex with these men.

Have the strength to accept what you can't change
The courage to change what you can
Wisdom to know the difference..

2 Likes

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by myami: 5:34pm On May 10, 2023
africandictator:
Females love sex more than men, and realising they can get sex and be paid for it is thrilling . Its a win win for them. if you are doing hook up, please continue, just make sure you carry out routine stds tests, avoid anal sex and stay off drugs so you don't get an addiction and go astray. Importantly eat healthy, get proper hygiene and save because your bodies would not always be attractive for ever and health over wealth!!!
can men get paid for sex? We do all the work

2 Likes

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by myami: 5:44pm On May 10, 2023
DonroxyII:
Of course, The World is now Globalised With Global Social medias ...

Big Ballers are even Importing Girls from Brazil, Caribbean as Dem Dey Import Commodities Dem no dey run local any more grin ......

Humanities is Now One Community, Is the World not Sweeter grin ...

Anyway, E Better Pass Wars & Destructions as Has Been Happening from Eon Times !

Present Generations are Better than Past Generations & Future Generations Shall be Better than Present Generations .. That's the Law!
how can i get free sex?
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by IyaTola: 5:45pm On May 10, 2023
myami:
can men get paid for sex? We do all the work
Yes, men get paid for sex. Visit Lekki and find out.

1 Like

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by myami: 5:47pm On May 10, 2023
IyaTola:
Yes, men get paid for sex. Visit Lekki and find out.
you get connect?

1 Like

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by IyaTola: 6:09pm On May 10, 2023
myami:
you get connect?
Yes but you have to belong to the sect.

1 Like

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by myami: 6:47pm On May 10, 2023
IyaTola:
Yes but you have to belong to the sect.
do you know any i can join?

1 Like

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by IyaTola: 7:04pm On May 10, 2023
myami:
do you know any i can join?
Yes, WHGR
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by myami: 7:13pm On May 10, 2023
IyaTola:
Yes, WHGR
link?
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by DonroxyII: 7:36pm On May 10, 2023
myami:
how can i get free sex?
How old are you & What's your Gender ?
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by myami: 8:10pm On May 10, 2023
DonroxyII:
How old are you & What's your Gender ?
male and sexually active. Link me up
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by DonroxyII: 8:14pm On May 10, 2023
myami:
Enter Your Street or Opposite Street and Toast Your Choice of Girl with Gallantry then Be a Gentle Men to Press Her Enough to Open Her Portal for You ...Experience is Your Best Teacher .. Learn, Unlearn & Relearn !

A Sane Male no dey wait to be Spoonfed, Go to the stream & Catch Ya Fishes .. Dem plenty !

You go dey alright laslas !
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by QuinModah(f): 4:27am On May 11, 2023
lipsrsealed
DonroxyII:
So What's it Mama ?
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by IyaTola: 4:53am On May 11, 2023
Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by DonroxyII: 11:21am On May 11, 2023
QuinModah:
lipsrsealed
Why U dey Fear Gisos

2 Likes

Re: What Has Caused Hookup Culture? by IyaTola: 8:14am On May 12, 2023
myami:
orishirishi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do People Get Married With Someone They Saw "Red Flags" / Can Marriage Change A Guy Who Is A Womanizer? / A Nairalander Quits Bachelorhood With Lovely Prewedding Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.