Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Total Oil And Gas Workers - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Total Oil And Gas Workers (222988 Views)

I Need Your Urgent Advice Conserning Total Oil Limited Appointment / Job Vacancy At Total Oil Limited Nigeria / Total Oil And Gas Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 5:43pm On May 24, 2012
AjanleKoko: I need advice too.
I'm a covert operative in Afghanistan, but now interested in Nigeria's oil and gas industry. I miss home.
Do you think there's any use for my skills in the O&G industry in Nigeria? I mean Total in particular grin

Yes, we need your skills. We need more oil bunkers. The ones we had, they have now been granted amnesty by the FG of Nigeria. Many of them are now pilots, doctors, lawyers, architects. We are saddened by this fact, and we now wish to strengthen our current workforce to global standards.

Yours skills are needed in kidnapping and bunkering. You will help us perform covert research on fecund oil wells so that we can increase our accrued income from fraudulent and illegal crude oil transactions.

You may send your CV to t.d.bunkerresearch@naijoilabunkering.ng.com. I promise to have your CV forwarded to our HR manager who is in charge of recruiting covert research analysts. Our salaries are competitive and about the best in the bunkering industry. In fact, we offer a pay of $450,000 per year to people with good knowledge and professional experience in covert operations in the Middle East. We believe that such people can withstand the toughest of conditions in Africa.

Conclusively, we would like to sincerely thank you very much for your interest in our bunkering business, and we ecstatically look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter soon.

With sincere regards,
Shoemaker Tompolo Polofiyai
Head of Research,
Naijaoilbunkering Limited

3 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by tanimola22: 5:58pm On May 24, 2012
travelgal456: Please I need advice.

I have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and MBA from American universities. I have 4years experience as an Oracle DBA in USA. I am currently in the United States but I want to move back to Nigeria. I have a very good paying job in the US but I miss home (Nigeria). However I want to secure a job in Nigeria before I leave US. I will like a job in the Oil industry because I heard that’s where the money is.

Are there good paying jobs for Oracle DBAs in the oil industry in Nigeria? Do you know salary for Oracle DBAs in Nigeria? How do you think I should go about securing a job in Nigeria before I leave the US?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi,

Most naija oil companies advertize vacant positions all the time. I suggest you arm yourself with their websites and visit the websites frequently to see when the companies are recruiting so that you too can apply.

I know that many oil companies will like you if you can demonstrate that you are a very advanced user of SAP. There was even a time that Total or Shell advertized a vacancy and categorically stated that they wanted someone with a high proficiency in the use of SAP. So, if you are SAP savvy, you shouldn't find it difficult getting interviews for jobs in any of the international oil companies based in Naija.

If you don't know how to get the websites of these oil companies, I can help.

Best,
T22.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Olaone1: 6:20pm On May 24, 2012
I miss home.
grin

More like "I need more money."

You're mocking us oo

tanimola22:

Yes, we need your skills. We need more oil bunkers. The ones we had, they have now been granted amnesty by the FG of Nigeria. Many of them are now pilots, doctors, lawyers, architects. We are saddened by this fact, and we now wish to strengthen our current workforce to global standards.

Yours skills are needed in kidnapping and bunkering. You will help us perform covert research on fecund oil wells so that we can increase our accrued income from fraudulent and illegal crude oil transactions.

You may send your CV to t.d.bunkerresearch@naijoilabunkering.ng.com. I promise to have your CV forwarded to our HR manager who is in charge of recruiting covert research analysts. Our salaries are competitive and about the best in the bunkering industry. In fact, we offer a pay of $450,000 per year to people with good knowledge and professional experience in covert operations in the Middle East. We believe that such people can withstand the toughest of conditions in Africa.

Conclusively, we would like to sincerely thank you very much for your interest in our bunkering business, and we ecstatically look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter soon.

With sincere regards,
Shoemaker Tompolo Polofiyai
Head of Research,
Naijaoilbunkering Limited

Yeah, it's May but this guy is the Career Section poster of the year 2012.

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nikkygal(f): 6:49pm On May 24, 2012
Ola one:

Yeah, it's May but this guy is the Career Section poster of the year 2012.

I fully agree! Seconded! Anyone else comes a distant second. . . .cheesy I enjoy reading his posts.

T22, keep it up!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by 2good(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2012
NA wa oooo. Everybody want to work in Oil company even the one's wey no study anything close to their business interest.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by travelgal456: 8:08pm On May 24, 2012
tanimola22:

Hi,

Most naija oil companies advertize vacant positions all the time. I suggest you arm yourself with their websites and visit the websites frequently to see when the companies are recruiting so that you too can apply.

I know that many oil companies will like you if you can demonstrate that you are a very advanced user of SAP. There was even a time that Total or Shell advertized a vacancy and categorically stated that they wanted someone with a high proficiency in the use of SAP. So, if you are SAP savvy, you shouldn't find it difficult getting interviews for jobs in any of the international oil companies based in Naija.

If you don't know how to get the websites of these oil companies, I can help.

Best,
T22.

Thanks for your reply.

The problem I have is that I am only interested in Oracle databases. I do not have any SAP knowledge/skills and I do not want to learn. I know what you are thinking: "she is a lazy girl". Yes, I am.

So you are saying no hope for me as Oracle DBA?

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by travelgal456: 8:14pm On May 24, 2012
Ola one:
grin

More like "I need more money."

You're mocking us oo

I no dey mock you oooooooo. smiley I do miss home. I have been out of the country since I was 19 and I would love to come home but still visit USA regularly.

Now, more money is always good but the main reason is because I miss my family. I might run back to the US if I do not like Naija but I want to give it a try.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 24, 2012
I'm a covert operative in Afghanistan, but now interested in Nigeria's oil and gas industry. I miss home.
Do you think there's any use for my skills in the O&G industry in Nigeria? I mean Total in particular grin

See your fingers grin agbaya cheesy
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nitrogen(m): 8:58pm On May 24, 2012
Everybody wants to spend 'owo epo' and the funny thing is that na una (big guys) full this place, so any that reads the posts here will always be 'intimidated' and the next thing will be 'i have a degree in yoruba, can i work in chevron?'

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 24, 2012
nitrogen: Everybody wants to spend 'owo epo' and the funny thing is that na una (big guys) full this place, so any that reads the posts here will always be 'intimidated' and the next thing will be 'i have a degree in yoruba, can i work in chevron?'

Not impossible, any degree discipline is accepted for Community Relations Officer grin
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by AjanleKoko: 9:39pm On May 24, 2012
Okay, next try grin

I used to sing backup for the Cranberries. Now interested in Oil and Gas. Any hope for me?
I can do a mean Noel Coward impression too
tongue
grin grin grin

I mean, I can sing at CSR events, 'Community Relations' *ahem*

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nitrogen(m): 9:46pm On May 24, 2012
AjanleKoko: Okay, next try grin

I used to sing backup for the Cranberries. Now interested in Oil and Gas. Any hope for me?
tongue
grin grin grin

hahahahahaha, bros, you wan kill person here. Very funny.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by nitrogen(m): 9:53pm On May 24, 2012
naijababe:

Not impossible, any degree discipline is accepted for Community Relations Officer grin
Good to hear that, i never thought there could be a place for those that studied/studying courses like history, yoruba and others. And i think its only in Africa cos of the villages with diverse languages where the fields of this companies are located. If am wrong, pls do tell and further elaborate.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by debosky(m): 10:27pm On May 24, 2012
AjanleKoko: Okay, next try grin

tongue
grin grin grin

No hope - we are looking for backup singers for Duncan Mighty or Timaya. . . if you can do a good Mad Melon (Danfo Driver) impression then you have a job.

Abi you think say na Ireland we dey find oil and gas? cheesy

Cranberries ko, agbalumo ni. grin

1 Like

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 24, 2012
debosky:

No hope - we are looking for backup singers for Duncan Mighty or Timaya. . . if you can do a good Mad Melon (Danfo Driver) impression then you have a job.

Abi you think say na Ireland we dey find oil and gas? cheesy

Cranberries ko, agbalumo ni. grin

Priceless! grin grin grin
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by netotse(m): 1:03am On May 25, 2012
@travelgal

it's banks that use oracle in naija. . .you'd best be looking in that direction
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 7:33pm On May 25, 2012
tanimola22: Hi House Members, Good evening to all of you!

Someone recently told me that the[b] yearly[/b] take home pay of an entry level engineer [/b]working for [b]Total Nigeria is 11 Million Naira. I know that Shell pays 6 Million Naira per year, but I find it difficult to believe that Total pays that much.

House, please tell me what you know. I will be happy to be apprised. Let the debate start, abeg.

Thanks.
Latest info has it that Shell's Gross(I.e when all allowances are added) is also near 10m pa now.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by bukahands(m): 7:58pm On May 25, 2012
What work can I do as a biochemist in oil and gas industry
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by 2good(m): 8:27pm On May 25, 2012
Jarus:
Latest info has it that Shell's Gross(I.e when all allowances are added) is also near 10m pa now.

Shell is one of the least paying company of the oil majors even in Europe. They are too stingy
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 9:05pm On May 25, 2012
2good:

Shell is one of the least paying company of the oil majors even in Europe. They are too stingy

Yeap. Even my guys there confirm. They are however very good at training. Heard Total poach their staff after Shell training with better pay.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by debosky(m): 10:30pm On May 25, 2012
Shell isn't that far off at engineering entry level in Europe. . . .just £1-4k off folk like Exxon among the super majors.

Besides, at entry level you should be looking more at who will help your career development rather than biggest pay.

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 26, 2012
bukahands: What work can I do as a biochemist in oil and gas industry

Plenty. your only problem is that such jobs are not available in nigeria. O and G companies in the US (at least) i know do hire microbiologists, pharmacologists, biochemists e.t.c particularly for their R & D subsidiaries.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by bukahands(m): 4:37am On May 27, 2012
davidylan:

Plenty. your only problem is that such jobs are not available in nigeria. O and G companies in the US (at least) i know do hire microbiologists, pharmacologists, biochemists e.t.c particularly for their R & D subsidiaries.

Thank you for your reply can an additional MBA help in securing an administrative job at O&G in Nigeria
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Nobody: 6:51am On May 27, 2012
bukahands:

Thank you for your reply can an additional MBA help in securing an administrative job at O&G in Nigeria

I really cant speak for O&G companies in nigeria. Ajanlekoko or Jarus might be able to help you better.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by bukahands(m): 10:52am On May 27, 2012
davidylan:

I really cant speak for O&G companies in nigeria. Ajanlekoko or Jarus might be able to help you better.

Please ajanlekoko and jarus reply.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ola6: 3:41pm On May 27, 2012
Tanimola, Debosky, Jarus, Davidlyan and co. God has blessed you guys.
Guys, I need your sincere advise.

I have done a BSc in a UK university in Chemistry with Chemical engineering and by God's grace I'll finish with a First class (God willing). I wanted to study Medicine but I could not stand the number of years required.
I also have some work experience as a shadow manager in a company, part-time for 2 years, here in the UK. (Sorry I am giving sketchy details but its necessary for private reasons).

Now, I want to relocate to Nigeria and work in Nigeria.

I am torn between an MBA in business administration and an MSc in Petroleum engineering.

I love science oriented topics as I won scholarships from the University and Royal society of chemistry UK. I did not really enjoy the managerial role but I have some work experience in it.

So, guys I need your advise!

MSc petroleum engineering (my first choice) or an MBA?! I want to break into the petroleum industry but my fear is that if I have an MBA, I might be considered as a "jack of all trades" and hence, reduce my chances of entering the industry.

I just want to break into the industry to gain the work experience as the money will come later. Which of the courses gives me a better chance of breaking into the industry?!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ola6: 4:05pm On May 27, 2012
Please guys, your input will be much appreciated!!!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2012
ola@:
Tanimola, Debosky, Jarus, Davidlyan and co. God has blessed you guys.
Guys, I need your sincere advise.

I have done a BSc in a UK university in Chemistry with Chemical engineering and by God's grace I'll finish with a First class (God willing). I wanted to study Medicine but I could not stand the number of years required.
I also have some work experience as a shadow manager in a company, part-time for 2 years, here in the UK. (Sorry I am giving sketchy details but its necessary for private reasons).

Now, I want to relocate to Nigeria and work in Nigeria.

I am torn between an MBA in business administration and an MSc in Petroleum engineering.

I love science oriented topics as I won scholarships from the University and Royal society of chemistry UK. I did not really enjoy the managerial role but I have some work experience in it.

So, guys I need your advise!

MSc petroleum engineering (my first choice) or an MBA?! I want to break into the petroleum industry but my fear is that if I have an MBA, I might be considered as a "jack of all trades" and hence, reduce my chances of entering the industry.

I just want to break into the industry to gain the work experience as the money will come later. Which of the courses gives me a better chance of breaking into the industry?!
MBA is no jack of all trades. Tech people also do it, it's not for us management people only. Loma, a Computer Engineer formerly with Chevron, did MBA. So are many other technical guys. So it doesn't reduce your chance at all. There is even MBA Oil & Gas Mgt for RGU.

That said, I think at this stage that you're trying to break into the industry, Msc Pet Eng stands you at a higher chance than MBA. When you're there, maybe after few years, you can do MBA. Most of the openings at the entry stage are technical.

2 Likes

Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by ola6: 4:43pm On May 27, 2012
Jarus:
MBA is no jack of all trades. Tech people also do it, it's not for us management people only. Loma, a Computer Engineer formerly with Chevron, did MBA. So are many other technical guys. So it doesn't reduce your chance at all. There is even MBA Oil & Gas Mgt for RGU.

That said, I think at this stage that you're trying to break into the industry, Msc Pet Eng stands you at a higher chance than MBA. When you're there, maybe after few years, you can do MBA. Most of the openings at the entry stage are technical.

Thank you so much Jarus. You have been a source of inspiration to me and many others. Btw, I also enjoy reading your blogs on Thisday and Guardian.

Jarus, the snag is that the MBA is sponsored by the company I work for(really, I don't enjoy the job. I don't want to remain in the UK) while the MSc will be self-sponsored.

So which do you reckon?? Still, the MSc or MBA, to break through?!
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2012
Continue with the company-sponsored MBA.
If it's convenient for you and you've got the resources to combine the two (and it is allowed), you can run both concurrently.

I'm not a technical person but I think Msc Pet Eng will be more attractive to an IOC at starting stages.

However, if not possible, your Bsc(Chemistry and Chem Engr) is enough to get you an IOC job, if you can prove yourself during the selection process. Davidylan is a scientist like you, I think. MBA will also be an advantage.
Re: Total Oil And Gas Workers by Jarus(m): 8:01pm On May 27, 2012
bukahands: What work can I do as a biochemist in oil and gas industry
A Bio-Chemist can get an O&G job in Nigeria but it is more competitive cos there are few spaces, unlike Engineers, Geologists etc.

With an MBA? Not sure it will make much difference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (36) (Reply)

2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.