Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times (54865 Views)

FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by CartelKenneth: 9:47am On May 09, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by illuminutty: 9:47am On May 09, 2023
I have never liked Tony Elumelu.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Airlord2030: 9:47am On May 09, 2023
typical flatthead behaviour

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Teeklef(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:
Could this be true? Mr Tony said so many nice thing about Ote$. He even called him his brother and partner . He even went ahead to reveal that he follows just him and his wife on IG .
Na evil spirit dey monitor person life pass now. If e no follow him,how e Wan take know about his dealings.

6 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by endy69: 9:47am On May 09, 2023
OhBritannia:
As an ughelli guy.
Time is coming i am taking the power plant back from Tony, i am buying it back.

That power plant will be owned and controlled by me, an ughelli guy, a son of the soil.

This is the future i have seen.
Dem no dey do business with emotions oo. No doubt you maybe super rich tomorrow but if your only reason is because you're a son of the soil then, you're half way to failure

12 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:48am On May 09, 2023
Tony is smarter than Otedola in business. The Rich lack integrity including Ote. You can't have that kind of money and be upright, beside Ote dey bahave like woman too much, him mouth no dey close so Tony take advantage dey lash am for a&& wotowoto

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by highoctane: 9:48am On May 09, 2023
I am passionate of reading

Cain & Abel

The art of war and art of Boardroom war.

Crime and Punishment .

Satan always came to Jesus Christ when he seemed to be in a venurable situations.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by TheBillyonaire: 9:49am On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:
Could this be true? Mr Tony said so many nice thing about Ote$. He even called him his brother and partner . He even went ahead to reveal that he follows just him and his wife on IG .

If you want to know how to build multi-generational wealth structure and how to master venture capitalism, it is Femi Otedola you need in Nigeria. He is my best investor when it comes to business acumen. The only reason that Tony follows Otedola is because he wants to pick his brain, he is not following him because he loves him, but because wants to know which moves Otedola will make in the business world so he can hijack it. The odd thing is that people like Tony Olumelu are the Mark Zuggerberg and Bill Gates of this world, but not the Elon Musks of this world.

Femi Otedola's lost of Ughelli Power Plant is a major loss that I will watch out for what he will do next to recover from this betrayal. Power Plants and organic customer base with a FI vehicle as his arsenal, one can only wish Tony a very long life, cos if he knows what he is doing, he can basically beat Dangote to become Africa's richest man if he can scale those models across the continent. And finance them via security backed instruments.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by AfonjaConehead: 9:49am On May 09, 2023
Tboymessiah:
You shall no them by their comment IPOBIA- FRA

ALWAYS supporting the wrong doing of their tribal mate

*You shall no them by...."

Girama issa nor easy ooooo grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Majesty7: 9:49am On May 09, 2023
Geovanni412:

Read the book, winning through intimidation by Robert Ringer

It's business

Elumelu is a type 2 businessman. He will try and claim he is a nice man but when the time is right, he will try and take all the money for himself.

Otedola had been screwed once before and he still jumped into the river with the shark without taking precautions.

Business na Jungle.

Elumelu not a good business man. Met him some years ago at PROPARCO at Follin's office. Despite our agreement, he still messed up. I know Tony reads comment here as well. Keep it up

8 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Giftexx: 9:49am On May 09, 2023
It's well

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by CSTRR: 9:50am On May 09, 2023
illuminutty:
I have never liked Tony Elumelu.
Tomu elumelu is actually the most likeable of the billionaires.

Gives out $5000 to 1000 people every year through his entrepreneurship foundation.

Massive employer of labour through his many businesses especially for women in Nigeria.

He is a shark, but he is the best shark in Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:50am On May 09, 2023
After the duo orchestrated the biggest Pump and Dumb scheme in Nigerian Stock and securities Otedola is simply playing to the Gallery this two by the weekend would hop on one of their Luxury Yacht with the finest of Ladies and some Louis XIII whisky and just laugh at the gullibility of Nigerians

11 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by 3pointsagree: 9:51am On May 09, 2023
Pot calling the kettle black

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by gasparpisciotta: 9:51am On May 09, 2023
Omihanifa:
Same Tony elumelu Don dey romance BAT grin

BAT should better no discuss his drug case and election case with Tony before Tony will go and feed the oppositions the info grin

You should understand that Tony could be a huge financier for BAT campaign

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by SeunDAssLicker: 9:51am On May 09, 2023
lhordspy:
I knew something was up when Elumelu started with 'Otedola is my friend' story after Otedola checkmated him.

I knew it was guilty conscience speaking. In a bid to hide his shame, he had to resort to unnecessary fancy-sweet stories.

Thank God Otedola showed him how the game is played. Bought large chunk of the transcorp stake, Unsettle the market, make Elumelu beg for his 'life' , Sold it off in 2weeks, cashed out almost 21Billion naira with little stress.
Abracadabra. Elemulu never saw it coming.

That is how a boss cook revenge.

You’re naive to think Otedola made any profit. Why would his shares be bought by Tony when there are millions more of ordinary shares..

Secondly, Otedola had to dispose his shares because if he doesn’t, Tony can easily take Firstbank from him with the %25 liquidity he put in Transcorp in one day.

Otedola made the right call by moving on, else he would have lost on two fronts. Firstly he doesn’t have enough shares to unseat Elumelu at transcorp.

Secondly if he decides to make it an open challenge, then he would have lost firstbank since Tony is in the banking business and has unlimited access to loans from Uba to snatch First Bank from Femi.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by olisaEze(m): 9:51am On May 09, 2023
In other words, Femi is Wenger and Tony is Fergie. If u know u know. grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Judolisco(m): 9:51am On May 09, 2023
EmeeNaka:
It's business
as a friend I tell u say I wan marry girl and I Don drop brideprice.... Uno talk anything during dat conversation oh say u sef wan marry d girl... Only for u to go behind my back to pay more than d brideprice I've initially dropped... No be business na witchcraft

15 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by 9gerian: 9:51am On May 09, 2023
But isn’t that the game in business though?

Keep your cards close to your chest. Ain’t no friendship in business.

chisomkachy:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/597584-exclusive-otedola-speaks-on-bankruptcy-accuses-elumelu-of-backstabbing-him.html

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by seunayantokun(m): 9:52am On May 09, 2023
EmeeNaka:
It's business
If that were business as you call it, would you wish to be at the receiving end of it all through your life? I know Tony has a long history of dishonesty long before he crafted his way into the ownership of UBA. It is his way.

9 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Mccullum: 9:52am On May 09, 2023
Expecting TE to reply him for clarification of his person and family.

Still a one sided accusation.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by brain54(m): 9:53am On May 09, 2023
illicit:
You are obviously the type to be betrayed because you don't learn lessons and you can't keep quiet when necessary

You gave him trade information by yourself.
Exactly…

I see no betrayal here. It’s business.

Otedollar on his part can’t seem to keep shut about his business plans.

Besides I would not be surprised if Elumelu or any other of his (otedollar’s) business associate says something similar of how otedollar has betrayed them in the past.

To attain this level of business power anywhere in this world is not about morality, etiquettes or being Mr. nice guy. Sometimes you need to step on toes and crush them completely.

Otedolla should stop playing the victim card.

Again I find it strange otedollar would put this kinda information out in the public domain.

If he has any issues with him ( Elumelu) he should or could have resolved them privately.

I am not just buying this his rant!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by 9gerian: 9:54am On May 09, 2023
Otedola would make profit because he would have sold his newly bought shares at the prevailing market rate.

SeunDAssLicker:

You’re naive to think Otedola made any profit. Why would his shares be bought by Tony when there are millions more of ordinary shares..

Secondly, Otedola had to dispose his shares because if he doesn’t, Tony can easily take Firstbank from him with the %25 liquidity he put in Transcorp in one day.

Otedola made the right call by moving on, else he would have lost on two fronts. Firstly he doesn’t have enough shares to unseat Elumelu at transcorp.

Secondly if he decides to make it an open challenge, then he would have lost firstbank since Tony is in the banking business and has unlimited access to loans from Uba to snatch First Bank from Femi.

6 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by FILEBE(m): 9:55am On May 09, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
Big men issue, non of my business

Exactly. None of it concerns us. The way they see "backstabbing" may be different from ours . As we can see they are still very good friends.

Some people here are already fighting over people that doesn't know of their existence.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by shineeye1: 9:55am On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:

The very reason why he follows him - to know when to backstab...

10 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by ShaqFu: 9:55am On May 09, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/597584-exclusive-otedola-speaks-on-bankruptcy-accuses-elumelu-of-backstabbing-him.html
Chai. This is why it is prudent to always have a lawyer present when conducting any business deal, moreso, keep your business ideas to yourself, never disclose it, always know there is someone out there who have more money than you and doesn't know what to do with it, that's why they're always on the look out for ideas to steal.

Femi Otedola have learnt a very valuable lesson. It's good he scaled through it. Kudos to him.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by alobright17(m): 9:55am On May 09, 2023
EmeeNaka:
It's business
your type can sleep with your brother's or best friend wife and feel nothing bad about it.

10 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by renderme: 9:55am On May 09, 2023
The betrayal by Elumelu actually started earlier. Premiumtimes didn’t start from the beginning of the interview. The Cable started from the beginning.

Link: https://www.thecable.ng/otedola-finally-speaks-says-he-offered-to-buy-transcorp-plc-for-n250bn/amp

4 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by SeunDAssLicker: 9:55am On May 09, 2023
seunayantokun:

If that were business as you call it, would you wish to be at the receiving end of it all through your life? I know Tony has a long history of dishonesty long before he crafted his way into the ownership of UBA. It is his way.

You’re in your feelings. That’s not how business works. Stop making a mockery of yourself dude.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by olisaEze(m): 9:55am On May 09, 2023
seunayantokun:

Interesting, kindly elaborate on this history. grin
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by shineeye1: 9:56am On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:

The very reason why he follows him - to know when to backstab. Elus follows money - to grab it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Dubetex96(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2023
if you are not smart enough the world will outsmart u

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO / Founder Of Peace Mass Transport Eating At A Road Side Buka.PICS / How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.