Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times (54863 Views)

FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by ladiguy(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2023
Wawelexy:
You stabbed yourself the moment you were unable to keep your mouth shut, in business, there's nothing like a brother or family, someone of your calibre should understand this better...

Well it isn't over yet, the best revenge you could get is to also outbid him in any business or shares he tops, not easy tho, alot of consultations, lobbying (most especially, relevant government personnel or agency), bribery (maybe), researchs, calculations, and huge investment will be done, cos you both will be playing powerful business chess ♟️ game, and the smartest wins all here...

Power tussles; Mr Elemelu is already ahead of you by mingling with the President - Select, you can still use the tribal card on him here, just like you know, the northerners will never leave their own person, but don't know if same can be said about the South West... To me, if Ote money knows how to play his game well and neat, I think it's high time to take advantage of ethnic sentiments via T\nubu to overtake the longest record holder of the richest person in Africa.... Dangoπe also used this same opportunity during the regime of B@baginda, Ab@cha, and Buh@ri... Even Ob@sanjo, cos Baba also danced to the tune of the northerners cos they were the decider of his election....

Now that Buh@ri had unknowingly put a slight friction in between the two tribes by trying to outsmart T\nubu in the just concluded elections, Yoruba, it's high time to overtake...

Go Ote$, your greatest challenge is Dangoπe refinery, but you can still win...

You are biased from your first statement.... yes, you u have to be very caustics in business but you u don’t have a good judgement... Otedola aligned with Tinubu before the election....

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Rexymania(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2023
I hate such friends
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by baralatie(m): 10:13am On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
He is a shortcut lover I guess. Ibeto and Dangote drama too.
It is actually dangote and bus

Ibeto na obj nearly won pursue am
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Kog45(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2023
SeunDAssLicker:

You’re still believing Elumelu begged him. Begged him, yet bought %25 in Transcorp in one day. Yet Femi only bought a meager %5.

I’m not sure where your emotional ranting is coming from. But that not how stocks work. There are millions more of ordinary shares to be bought in the open market that both parties can mop up, problem is who has more liquidity..?

Definitely not Femi who’s already sold half his position in First bank since he became major shareholder.

Lastly, you cannot disrupt Nigeria stocks because it is capped by the SEC, once you become a major shareholder, you’re bound to disclose your holdings.

Which is what prompted Tony to put a final lid on Transcorp from holding %6 to %31 in one day. Man bought 5X what Femi wanted to “disrupt” Transcorp with according to you.🫢🤦🏾‍♂️

Man still has enough to take Firstbank from Femi if he wants to with N20B only.

Go check how much Heirs Holding is worth and how much liquidity Tony has via UBA. Otedola on the other hand is only a major shareholder in Firstbank, he doesn’t sit on the board of directors yet.
Sir when big men like Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola and Elumelu are at war,presidency wade in cuz they are mover of economy….what is going on behind the scene is not known to laymen like us…Fact can Elumelu fight dirty with Otedola?NO so in few days things would be settled
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by kmaster007: 10:16am On May 09, 2023
Deir business
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by koning: 10:16am On May 09, 2023
Otedola simply fell mugu to a smart Igbo man. Call it Igbo sense if you like.

However, both of them were funded by corrupt politicians. It was all top notch MONEY LAUNDERING. Includes Adenuga.

The only good thing about it is that they kept most of the looted fund in Nigeria.

Otedola's father was once governor of Lagos state. Go figure.

6 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Nobody: 10:17am On May 09, 2023
Tony thinks he is smart.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by nwakibie3(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:
After the duo orchestrated the biggest Pump and Dumb scheme in Nigerian Stock and securities Otedola is simply playing to the Gallery this two by the weekend would hop on one of their Luxury Yacht with the finest of Ladies and some Louis XIII whisky and just laugh at the gullibility of Nigerians

You really know those guys...

They do this almost every weekend. I've worked at walter carrington before so I know grin
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:17am On May 09, 2023
illicit:
You are obviously the type to be betrayed because you don't learn lessons and you can't keep quiet when necessary

You gave him trade information by yourself.
Don't mind him!

A big boy singing like a little princess.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by GoodGovernance: 10:18am On May 09, 2023
Geovanni412:

Read the book, winning through intimidation by Robert Ringer

It's business

Elumelu is a type 2 businessman. He will try and claim he is a nice man but when the time is right, he will try and take all the money for himself.

Otedola had been screwed once before and he still jumped into the river with the shark without taking precautions.

Business na Jungle.

You have a weak mentality.

So because someone wrote a book about winning through intimidation,the book becomes the ultimate such that backstabbing no longer exist.?

Even though this is really a case of betrayal of trust and not backstabbing.

There is nothing foolish in revealing your intention to someone you believe is your friend.

It is the highest level of business betrayal, for the same friend to outsmart you on the same issue,without prior dialogue.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by criuze(m): 10:18am On May 09, 2023
E touch but I'll wait until tony explain to me why he behave as such

I'll get back to you Ote$$
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by SeunDAssLicker: 10:19am On May 09, 2023
Kog45:
Sir when big men like Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola and Elumelu are at war,presidency wade in cuz they are mover of economy….what is going on behind the scene is not known to laymen like us…Fact can Elumelu fight dirty with Otedola?NO so in few days things would be settled

Mr Man, I’ve watched hostile takeovers, bankruptcies and Businesses come back to life from Bankruptcy. And I’ve made a living from the stock market.

What you’re witnessing is no different from what happens with every firm in the world. You Nigerians are only learning about this aspect of life because two Notable people are on the table.

None of them is special when it comes to taking over a business. The government cannot bail none of them out or get into their businesses because they’re guided by SEC rules. If anyone feels disgruntled, the court is there to decide.

8 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Godsonkemz(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2023
When billionaires fight each other who am I to support any of them against another who can turn my life around.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Monday60655(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2023
Omihanifa:
Same Tony elumelu Don dey romance BAT grin

BAT should better no discuss his drug case and election case with Tony before Tony will go and feed the oppositions the info grin
So you are actually saying that Tinubu is a victim and convict of a drug-related case and election rigging as well.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by LordEclipse: 10:20am On May 09, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/597584-exclusive-otedola-speaks-on-bankruptcy-accuses-elumelu-of-backstabbing-him.html

That's just business..a good businessman knows when to keep moves hidden and only speak when it's "CHECKMATE"..
HOPE YOU'VE LEARNED YOUR LESSON
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by joefelin2345: 10:21am On May 09, 2023
exotique1fy:
They are not angels! All of them. To acquire and maintain the kind of wealth this people have, you certainly cannot be a nice person. This is the reason I always shudder whenever people go on social media to sing their praises. If you knew what goes on behind the scenes, fear go catch you!
You are perfectly correct. Lord Randall in his book....God Father...once said. ' Behind every great fortune is a crime'. Whether he is correct or not depends on how you see it though. Have a good day.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by GeneralPula: 10:21am On May 09, 2023
uncleck:
It simply means that Tony is a smarter businessman than you
Hmm. You’re wrong. If tony is smart, he wouldn’t need to be stealing ideas from him! Instead, tony is a fake friend, business partner, cunny & no loyalty..

Most big men have business associates, partners. They do share ideas - as they do say, 2 heads better than 1? ...

Ote is the smart one here! He was able to come uo with unique idea! Something Tony couldn’t do! But he trusted the wrong person! Now, can tony ever get a chance to hear ideas from Ote anymore? NO!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Kog45(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2023
Wawelexy:

Read read read.... Or maybe I should say read to understand and not to reply comments...

My second paragraph isn't about Tony anymore.... Dangote used this same tribal scheme I mentioned... Maybe you should go back to history...
Sir your third paragraph rubbishy what could have been the APT analysis from you….Elumelu align with BAT and Otedola can use his tribe to win BAT.My man things are not done that way.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by BeardedmeatR(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2023
sonature1:
I trust Tony Elumelu to reply him!

Remember, you don't know the true story yet until you hear from all the parties.
Even after hearing from both sides, there's still your side, my side and the truth.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by lordswill03: 10:21am On May 09, 2023
Nothing concern me with big man fight. I no even read the post
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by RepoMan007: 10:23am On May 09, 2023
baralatie:

It is actually dangote and bus

Ibeto na obj nearly won pursue am
OBJ policy was not being toed by Ibeto and he got frozen out naturally. He wasnt pursued by OBJ.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by lhordspy: 10:23am On May 09, 2023
SeunDAssLicker:

You’re still believing Elumelu begged him. Begged him, yet bought %25 in Transcorp in one day. Even though Femi only bought a meager %5.

I’m not sure where your emotional ranting is coming from. But that not how stocks work. There are millions more of ordinary shares to be bought in the open market that both parties can mop up, problem is who has more liquidity..?

Definitely not Femi who’s already sold half his position in First bank since he became major shareholder.

Lastly, you cannot disrupt Nigeria stocks because it is capped by the SEC, once you become a major shareholder, you’re bound to disclose your holdings.

Which is what prompted Tony to put a final lid on Transcorp from holding %6 to %31 in one day. Man bought 5X what Femi wanted to “disrupt” Transcorp with according to you.🫢🤦🏾‍♂️

Man still has enough to take Firstbank from Femi if he wants to with N20B only.

Go check how much Heirs Holding is worth and how much liquidity Tony has via UBA. Otedola on the other hand is only a major shareholder in Firstbank, he doesn’t sit on the board of directors yet.

You are the emotional one here sir. Infact, i feel you are about to cry while typing the above. The emotions reflected on your opinion. I can swear you are igbo just by the emotions displayed ontop this issue. You already picked a side. Forcing yourself to see this more from a business perspective only. Like a business tussle.

First of all, like i mentioned earlier. It is more of a lesson than business. Otedola is not interested in power struggle. If he is, he wouldnt have let go. All he cared about was teaching Elemulu a lesson. His intention was passing a message across, and it was well delievered.

I dont care who is the smartest or who has the upper hand when it comes to investment. But what happened few weeks back was a brutal lesson, one which Elumelu will never forget. In 2weeks Otedola raked in 21billion naira with that much ease, at the expense of Elumelu, who was entirely powerless in that situation. He was boxed in to just one option; beg

That is something my friend. That is something.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Ameoba300: 10:27am On May 09, 2023
I'm not a tribalist. But there's a trait some Igbo people have that I always frown at! The trait of going behind your back to drive you from a place they came to meet you.

I love them but I hate that trait!

If you think I'm blabbing — share thesame business premises with a greedy ibo man, with time he will go see the landlord and buy you out!

4 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by SeunDAssLicker: 10:27am On May 09, 2023
lhordspy:

You are the emotional one here sir. Infact, i feel you are about to cry while typing the above. The emotions reflected on your opinion. I can swear you are igbo just by the emotions displayed ontop this issue. You are already picked a side. Forcing yourself to see this more from a business perspective only. Like a business tussle.

First of all, like i mentioned earlier. It is more of a lesson than business. Otedola is not interested in power struggle. If he is, he wouldnt have let go. All he cared about was teaching Elemulu a lesson. His intention was passing a message across, and it was well delievered.

I dont care who is the smartest or who has the upper hand when it comes to investment. But what happened few weeks back was a brutal lesson, one which Elumelu will never forget. In 2weeks Otedola raked in 21billion naira with that much ease, at the expense of Elumelu.

That is something my friend. That is something.

Oga keep quiet. I’m from Warri, and not a fan of Tony. But you’re rambling and projecting your ignorance as a point. This is business and nothing more than that.

I cannot help your ignorance anymore. I’m trying to teach you what you don’t know about business and how takeovers work and you’re busy rambling about personal emotions and feelings. Who TF cares about how you feel..?

Answer me this one question since you think Femi made a profit. Did any of them confirm to you that the %25 shares bought by Tony included Femi’s %5 or did Tony buy from the open market…?

Second question. How many % did Transcorp shares move in the 1week period Otedola held his position for..? Let’s calculate how much he made from your answers.

8 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by baralatie(m): 10:27am On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
OBJ policy was not being toed by Ibeto and he got frozen out naturally. He wasnt pursued by OBJ.
Even now sef
Ibeto still does not listen.pmb just shove him into one corner.
The guy too likes.tge word import

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by steeltrust: 10:31am On May 09, 2023
I’ve read both story from both great men
Tony do his things on a long term while otedola is there just to gain

There’s nothing like backstabbing
It simple business strategy
Otedola was quick but tony was quicker

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Konjiboii: 10:32am On May 09, 2023
Soooo he is a better business man than you, why will you be sharing sensitive information to your fellow billionaire,not once or twice.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by PROPHETmichael: 10:32am On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:
Could this be true? Mr Tony said so many nice thing about Ote$. He even called him his brother and partner . He even went ahead to reveal that he follows just him and his wife on IG.

Moral of the story: Becareful of who's following you because their aim may be to monitor your next move and backstab you.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by pikechukwu6(m): 10:33am On May 09, 2023
If you don't have upto 1million naira in your bank account,I humbly beg you to step aside and make no comment. grin grin

this is family issues! period.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by baralatie(m): 10:34am On May 09, 2023
PROPHETmichael:

Moral of the story: Becareful of who's following you because their aim may be to monitor your next move and backstab you.
grin
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Brushstrokes20: 10:35am On May 09, 2023
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it!
The WORST /MOST PAINFUL part about TREACHERY is that it is meted out to you SO CALLED Friends undecided

I'll rather be a LONE RANGER r than be with SNITCHES!
a. k. a friendly foes
a. k. a fair weather friends
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by mayo47(m): 10:35am On May 09, 2023
You're making conclusion based on only what you read in Media. Is because of people like you Nigeria would be making baby steps to becoming like a Sudan. BS talk @ highlighted

Wawelexy:
You stabbed yourself the moment you were unable to keep your mouth shut, in business, there's nothing like a brother or family, someone of your calibre should understand this better...

Well it isn't over yet, the best revenge you could get is to also outbid him in any business or shares he tops, not easy tho, alot of consultations, lobbying (most especially, relevant government personnel or agency), bribery (maybe), researchs, calculations, and huge investment will be done, cos you both will be playing powerful business chess ♟️ game, and the smartest wins all here...

Power tussles; Mr Elemelu is already ahead of you by mingling with the President - Select, you can still use the tribal card on him here, just like you know, the northerners will never leave their own person, but don't know if same can be said about the South West... To me, if Ote money knows how to play his game well and neat, I think it's high time to take advantage of ethnic sentiments via T\nubu to overtake the longest record holder of the richest person in Africa.... Dangoπe also used this same opportunity during the regime of B@baginda, Ab@cha, and Buh@ri... Even Ob@sanjo, cos Baba also danced to the tune of the northerners cos they were the decider of his election....

Now that Buh@ri had unknowingly put a slight friction in between the two tribes by trying to outsmart T\nubu in the just concluded elections, Yoruba, it's high time to overtake...

Go Ote$, your greatest challenge is Dangoπe refinery, but you can still win...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO / Founder Of Peace Mass Transport Eating At A Road Side Buka.PICS / How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.