Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times (54877 Views)

FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:56am On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:
Could this be true? Mr Tony said so many nice thing about Ote$. He even called him his brother and partner . He even went ahead to reveal that he follows just him and his wife on IG .

That ass-licking shown by Elumelu is the reason I believe Otedola

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:57am On May 09, 2023
josite:
then otedola is not as smart.smart men are only outbidded once.

Are you smart?
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by brain54(m): 11:59am On May 09, 2023
Iamicekid:

Guy he needs to cause he thought tony will take it as a man as he also did when tony did his own to him but no Tony started playing the victim card by letting the public know and the public start to attack him of been a tribalistic and all sorts, named that he has built for years been dragged, they dragging his daughters and even his son cause tony was playing a victim card, whereas the person playing the victim card is the evil one all along
No one owes any one any explanation…

Just do what you have to do. Move on.

And don’t be emotional about decisions taken.

Vengeful people like this can even take business decisions that would hurt themselves in future.

No wonder he is filling bankruptcy. Bad decisions!
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Iamicekid(m): 12:02pm On May 09, 2023
brain54:

No one owes any one any explanation…

Just do what you have to do. Move on.

And don’t be emotional about decisions taken.

Vengeful people like this can even take business decisions that would hurt themselves in future!

Then tony shouldn’t have made the information public, he should have moved on like ote did simple, is like u shook me knife 5 different times I no talk and I only shook u once and u started shouting that I want to kill u does that make sense
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:03pm On May 09, 2023
lhordspy:
I knew something was up when Elumelu started with 'Otedola is my friend' story after Otedola checkmated him.

I knew it was guilty conscience speaking. In a bid to hide his shame, he had to resort to unnecessary fancy-sweet stories.

Thank God Otedola showed him how the game is played. Bought large chunk of the transcorp stake, Unsettle the market, make Elumelu beg for his 'life' , Sold it off in 2weeks, cashed out almost 21Billion naira with little stress.
Abracadabra. Elemulu never saw it coming.

That is how a boss cook revenge.
Noise maker that area you guys are good at, Otedola is already crying, Otedola want to buy Ughelli Power Plant in Delta when Elumelu and Ovia are there grin will Yoruba allow another tribe to buy the one in Yoruba land, he should stop crying and build his own, very soon you guys will start eying Dangote refinery

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by brain54(m): 12:07pm On May 09, 2023
Iamicekid:

Then tony shouldn’t have made the information public, he should have moved on like ote did simple, is like u shook me knife 5 different times I no talk and I only shook u once and u started shouting that I want to kill u does that make sense
Tony hasn’t made any official statement…

The only thing I heard him say is otedollar is his friend and he is one of the only 2 people he follows on twitter.

Where has he complained?

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by mikeconfidence(m): 12:09pm On May 09, 2023
lhordspy:
I knew something was up when Elumelu started with 'Otedola is my friend' story after Otedola checkmated him.

I knew it was guilty conscience speaking. In a bid to hide his shame, he had to resort to unnecessary fancy-sweet stories.

Thank God Otedola showed him how the game is played. Bought large chunk of the transcorp stake, Unsettle the market, make Elumelu beg for his 'life' , Sold it off in 2weeks, cashed out almost 21Billion naira with little stress.
Abracadabra. Elemulu never saw it coming.

you nailed it! Otedola could have ridiculed elumelu if he didnt beg for the buyback.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:12pm On May 09, 2023
Airlord2030:
typical flatthead behaviour
Otedola done jam waiting pass m grin grin he should build his business others are doing, how can Tony be there and Otedola buy power plant in Delta
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by millionboi2: 12:13pm On May 09, 2023
pikechukwu6:
If you don't have upto 1million naira in your bank account,I humbly beg you to step aside and make no comment. grin grin

this is family issues! period.
1billion what is 1million.if you don't have 1billion is totally non of your business.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by PNomsule: 12:14pm On May 09, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Don't mind all these Executive Crooks. They have everything worked out. This same Otedola is owing AMCON ( Nigeria indirectly) of Billions. He has refused to pay and yet he is a Billionaire.

Like some one said earlier, this fight na Rich People fight, e no concern me.

Many lessons to learn from this exposè, I am aiming for the top hence I am steady taking notes.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by lhordspy: 12:17pm On May 09, 2023
mikeconfidence:

you nailed it! Otedola could have ridiculed elumelu if he didnt beg for the buyback.

Could have? He ridiculed him. Elumelu had to crawl to mutual friends to beg for meditation into the matter.

Shege was served and very hot.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Iamicekid(m): 12:17pm On May 09, 2023
brain54:

Tony hasn’t made any official statement…

The only thing I heard him say is otedollar is his friend and he is one of the only 2 people he follows on twitter.

Where has he complained?

U will say he didn’t make a official statement, bidding acquisition and profit makings of business that huge are not make public unless the chairman make it public, so since the trading was made public to us that means tony did give his workers the go ahead or he did so himself anonymously, cause he is the chairman, for ote to talk u will know he already know what tony did, person wey no talk when he looses all his assets and investments... people like him are the people billionaires fear most, make u loose everything, go start again then come back bigger that shit rarely happens in real life

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by theredaddy: 12:17pm On May 09, 2023
Wawelexy:
You stabbed yourself the moment you were unable to keep your mouth shut, in business, there's nothing like a brother or family, someone of your calibre should understand this better...

Well it isn't over yet, the best revenge you could get is to also outbid him in any business or shares he tops, not easy tho, alot of consultations, lobbying (most especially, relevant government personnel or agency), bribery (maybe), researchs, calculations, and huge investment will be done, cos you both will be playing powerful business chess ♟️ game, and the smartest wins all here...

Power tussles; Mr Elemelu is already ahead of you by mingling with the President - Select, you can still use the tribal card on him here, just like you know, the northerners will never leave their own person, but don't know if same can be said about the South West... To me, if Ote money knows how to play his game well and neat, I think it's high time to take advantage of ethnic sentiments via T\nubu to overtake the longest record holder of the richest person in Africa.... Dangoπe also used this same opportunity during the regime of B@baginda, Ab@cha, and Buh@ri... Even Ob@sanjo, cos Baba also danced to the tune of the northerners cos they were the decider of his election....

Now that Buh@ri had unknowingly put a slight friction in between the two tribes by trying to outsmart T\nubu in the just concluded elections, Yoruba, it's high time to overtake...

Go Ote$, your greatest challenge is Dangoπe refinery, but you can still win...

I don't see part of ote$ relevation thats insinuates he wants a H2H competition with tony
Sometimes people share there hurt just so they can heal completely or move on.

Bottom line is otedola is among top richest billionaire in Nig and he is above Tony elemelu on forbes list, moreover ote$ & brothers just acquire a major shares in geregu plant. so life is good

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Powersurge: 12:18pm On May 09, 2023
EmeeNaka:
It's business

Nop. Not business. U try this shit without a mafia, you are gone.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by PNomsule: 12:18pm On May 09, 2023
millionboi2:
1billion what is 1million.if you don't have 1billion is totally non of your business.

Then the thread go empty be that... who has 1b of their money in an account and will have the luxury of time to idle away here?!

That supposed 1b will most assuredly evaporate from your account if u have this much time to waste at a most productive hour of the day... ?
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Adabestseason(m): 12:21pm On May 09, 2023
My bible tells me a schemer is a murderer.This is pure scheming,house of rep member farouk suffered the same problem-fuel subsidy saga Sir and billionaires in the neighbourhood are not short of.Sorry this is Nigeria
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by brain54(m): 12:21pm On May 09, 2023
Iamicekid:

U will say he didn’t make a official statement, bidding acquisition and profit makings of business that huge are not make public unless the chairman make it public, so since the trading was made public to us that means tony did give his workers the go ahead or he did so himself anonymously, cause he is the chairman, for ote to talk u will know he already know what tony did, person wey no talk when he looses all his assets and investments... people like him are the people billionaires fear most, make u loose everything, go start again then come back bigger that shit rarely happens in real life
I wasn’t referring to the bidding process…

I was talking about your claim of Tony making accusations of otedollar choking him!
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Realdeals(m): 12:27pm On May 09, 2023
Could this be how my Transcorp shares was traded without my consent? I bought Transcorp shares during the 2006/2007 IPO. Certificate I did not get, neither any refund. I approach the registrar Africa Prudential, a subsidiary of UBA, where they disclose that my shares have been sold.

Who sold and bought it, they couldn't disclose. Most of these people are fraudulent.

“I became Chairman of Transcorp Hotel in 2007 with a shareholding of 5% and unknowingly Tony gradually started buying shares quietly,”
s
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Iamicekid(m): 12:29pm On May 09, 2023
brain54:

I wasn’t referring to the bidding process…

I was talking about your claim of Tony making accusations of otedollar choking him!

It was made public for a sole purpose to spoil his name and push a narrative and he correct it simple, chocking him as how u done dey go from the matter ooo
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by steeltrust: 12:41pm On May 09, 2023
Iamicekid:

Do u go to school at all, the quick and quicker stuff is only applicable of you didn’t hear the idea from me and u just make ur own move separately but you moving moves based on the idea u hear from me repeatedly not once that’s fucking betrayal and u deserve whatever move I come with you next that’s why ote wanted to sink tony and he had no other moves to do than to beg ote friends to help him beg ote to free them shares
that means you don’t know what business is all about
If you don’t know you don’t learn that in school but you learn from the street

Otes didn’t make his mover clever enough and tony took advantage of it

Have you ever wondered why dangote or mtn are top of their industries till date?

It because they move quickly before anyone else

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by TheGift: 12:51pm On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:
Could this be true? Mr Tony said so many nice thing about Ote$. He even called him his brother and partner . He even went ahead to reveal that he follows just him and his wife on IG .

So that He can get more information on how to backstab Ote$.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Iamicekid(m): 12:55pm On May 09, 2023
steeltrust:
that means you don’t know what business is all about
If you don’t know you don’t learn that in school but you learn from the street

Otes didn’t make his mover clever enough and tony took advantage of it

Have you ever wondered why dangote or mtn are top of their industries till date?

It because they move quickly before anyone else

Lol, people wey dey do bad always say this nonsense to prove they are not guilty, why do you think shares comes into play in the first place, ote only told tony as a friend and if he did want have a taste of it he should have offer to partner up with ote that’s what a reasonable person will do that’s what makes up of shares in all this global industry partnerships, he dey make moves faster abi, why he never see anything acquire again since ote don cut am off, u can’t start stealing ideas from ur friends and start calling ursef smarter, if u are really smart the idea will have come from u in the first place that’s what smartness is u creating the idea not u stealing it

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by SugarGirl44(f): 12:56pm On May 09, 2023
What do you expect from an ipob man before.
Trust them at your own risk.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by brain54(m): 1:01pm On May 09, 2023
Iamicekid:

It was made public for a sole purpose to spoil his name and push a narrative and he correct it simple, chocking him as how u done dey go from the matter ooo
I no digress…

You made an analogy of a person shooking someone with knife 5 times and then the other person retaliating just once…remember?

Anyway they is absolutely no way big deals like this will go down without public notice. Absolutely no way… making it public has nothing to do with spoiling anybody’s name.

Otedollar should simply not have made that comment in public!

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Iamicekid(m): 1:11pm On May 09, 2023
brain54:

I no digress…

You made an analogy of a person shooking someone with knife 5 times and then the other person retaliating just once…remember?

Anyway they is absolutely no way big deals like this will go down without public notice. Absolutely no way… making it public has nothing to do with spoiling anybody’s name.

Otedollar should simply not have made that comment in public!

Yes I made the analogy tony shook am knife 5 times and ote no talk he then shook am once he go leak bidding and trading info to the public, why he leak am in the first place and before u answer and say he didn’t, go google and search acquisitions and bidding documents, they are never made public knowledge unless the ceo give the approval simple then come give me a reply
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by brain54(m): 1:16pm On May 09, 2023
Iamicekid:

Yes I made the analogy tony shook am knife 5 times and ote no talk he then shook am once he go leak bidding and trading info to the public, why he leak am in the first place and before u answer and say he didn’t, go google and search acquisitions and bidding documents, they are never made public knowledge unless the ceo give the approval simple then come give me a reply
It wasn’t the bidding process that was made public bro…

It was a sealed deal. A done deal.

And even if the bidding process was made public why are you so sure it was Tony?

It’s difficult to keep such deals under wraps.

But this was a sealed deal!

And the way I see it if anyone is spoiling anyone’s name then it is otedollar.

He is a he one who attacked Tony’s personality here isn’t he?

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by 9jaRealist: 1:21pm On May 09, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/597584-exclusive-otedola-speaks-on-bankruptcy-accuses-elumelu-of-backstabbing-him.html

COMPETITION is the life blood of any market economy…
It would be ANTITRUST (ie, anti-competitive) if they all agreed not to compete for available investment opportunities.

Meanwhile, funny he feels “betrayed” UBA used his shares (obviously collateral) to service his DEFAULTED loans.

>
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Iamicekid(m): 1:26pm On May 09, 2023
brain54:

It wasn’t the bidding process that was made public bro…

It was a sealed deal. A done deal.

And even if the bidding process was made public why are you so sure it was Tony?

It’s difficult to keep such deals under wraps.

But this was a sealed deal!

And the way I see it if anyone is spoiling anyone’s name then it is otedollar.

He is a he one who attacked Tony’s personality here isn’t he?

Go twitter and search the full official document of the company with tony signature, of how much he had to pay to ote in other for him to have the shares back, he say it’s difficult to keep the deals on rap, do u even read what I asked u to search, cause if u do u won’t say that, when otedola own was happening to him it wasn’t difficult to keep it on rap but as soon as payback comes it now difficult to keep it under raps, he didn’t attack his personality, go Twitter now all the company ote said he stole the idea from him are now tony own, then make tony come out say, he didn’t steal the idea from him then unna go see prove of who first bid for this companies
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by tonididdy(m): 1:30pm On May 09, 2023
You
Can
Never
Ever
Ever
Trust
An
Igbo
Man

….maybe Nigeria has dodged a huge bullet in OBI!
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Berankis: 1:43pm On May 09, 2023
Never4getU:

It's not it is called backstabbing
It's not backstabbing! It's called indiscretion and indiscipline!! You don't tell your plans to people. It's most times foolish...
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2023
lhordspy:
I knew something was up when Elumelu started with 'Otedola is

Read Femi Otedola dirty deal during Obasanjo era, how is disposed Igbo man that owns the highest shares in African Petroleum, I wonder why he is crying

Femi Otedola needs to stop regaling the public with cock and bull stories. If we are to believe him, then in the past few months, his life has become an intriguing Nollywood movie. After he claimed that a mysterious Alhaji tried to convince his butler to poison him, he fled to the United Kingdom and promised to remain there till the police solved the case. When I first heard that remarkable story, I wondered why the newly named “Forbes” billionaire did not simply arm his butler with a surveillance device and instruct him to get some evidence of the conspiracy on tape. That way, Otedola would have been able to back his incredible tale with some proof.

Otedola did not stop there. He cooked up another creative ploy to tarnish the image of Alhaji Aliko Dangote, a towering industrialist whose philanthropy and dedication to Nigeria has added great value to the Nigerian economy. Through African Petroleum, the oil company which he controls, Otedola placed some advertisements in leading Nigerian newspapers claiming that Dangote and Nova securities were responsible for the steep fall of AP’s share price on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. The company supported its claim with CSCS statements purportedly belonging to Dangote and Nova Securities and asked the SEC to launch an investigation.

The SEC investigated the allegations and concluded that there was no proof that Dangote instructed his stockbroker to manipulate AP’s shares. It also concluded that the CSCS statements were fraudulently obtained and fined AP and NOVA for their respective offences. They also barred NOVA Securities from operating in the stock market for a certain period of time. Since then, Otedola has allowed his odium for Dangote drive him into a maniacal rage that could eventually result in self-immolation.

The truth is that Otedola is Nigeria’s greatest manipulator and economic saboteur. With the backing of some powerful government officials, he singlehandedly bullied Peter Okocha’s Sadiq Petroleum into selling its stake in AP and then manipulated the company’s stock to abnormal heights prompting an SEC investigation. He the colluded with Afribank Registrars to withhold share certificates from investors who wanted to sell their shares. When the stock market collapse sparked a run on the stock exchange, shares of companies like AP were the first to fall.

Instead of admitting that AP’s shares were manipulated, Otedola decided to accuse Dangote of being behind the fall simply because his plan to buy Chevron Texaco’s marketing arm had been thwarted by Sayyu Dantata, a relative of Dangote. Femi Otedola’s willingness to destroy Dangote at all cost is becoming a matter of national security. We understand that he has threatened to do everything within his power to destroy Dangote’s businesses. Otedola should remember that the Dangote Group is one of the major pillars of the Nigerian economy and that any attack on Alhaji Aliko Dangote is an attack on Nigeria.

Unlike Otedola, whose shameless racketeering and price-fixing is destroying the economy, Dangote has invested a lot of money in the real sector and is a role model for future generations. We are worried that Otedola’s envy could soon blow over and propel him to do something that he would forever regret. Last year, he announced a much publicized 2 billion naira investment in the sugar and cement sectors ostensibly to crash the prices and make life easier for the common man. He then launched an intensive advertising campaign promoting Otedola Portland Cement. Dangote did not try to stop him because as a true capitalist, he believes in healthy competition. However, Otedola is yet to produce a single bag of cement or one cube of sugar.

In order to understand Otedola’s animosity towards Dangote, it is pertinent to examine the cause of this crisis. Sometime last year, Chevron Global Holdings announced that it had sold 60% of its Nigerian subsidiary to Corlay Global SA and Petrocci Holdings, companies controlled by Sayyu Dantata, a nephew of Dangote who is a billionaire in his own right. When Otedola heard the news, he went ballistic and claimed that Dangote had stabbed him in the back by using Sayyu Danatata as a front to clinch the deal. He claimed that he had discussed his strategy with Dangote and that they had a gentleman’s agreement that they wouldn’t encroach on each other’s business.

Since then Otedola has launched a war against Dangote by sponsoring media attacks against him and generally impugning his character. Otedola does not understand that Aliko Dangote and Sayyu Dantata are two different people. Sayyu Dantata is an independent and successful businessman who takes his own decisions. Even if he wanted to, Dangote cannot stop him from buying something that he wants. He does not need Dangote’s support to obtain financing from Nigerian banks. According to industry insiders, his turnover for last year was almost 200 billion naira.

Otedola on the other hand is a crooked businessman who has gained a reputation for selling adulterated diesel products and sabotaging Nigeria’s power plants. His main reason for attempting to buy Chevron Texaco was to keep the price of diesel unnaturally high thereby increasing the operating costs of Nigeria’s struggling industries. Nigerians should be grateful to Sayyu Dantata for saving them from this incorrigible monopolist. He should leave Aliko Dangote alone. Dangote has distinguished himself as a great Nigerian who has provided employment for numerous Nigerians.

Otedola parlayed the money that his father took from Lagos. We remember when Otedola was a printing consultant hanging around Global Excellence’s offices and begging Mayor Akinpelu to get jobs for him. Now that he is wealthy, he has become a monster who routinely arrests his workers and once beat up a reporter for daring to take photographs of his house. He is also a known pervert who has subjected his wife to years of abuse and even sleeps with Zenon’s married company secretary, Yewande Giwa.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by ViceGovernor: 2:02pm On May 09, 2023
Dybala85:
My fellow billionaires please calm down, we will resolve this later. I understand your pain FO$ we will all sit down and resolve it.

Dybala cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO / Founder Of Peace Mass Transport Eating At A Road Side Buka.PICS / How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.