Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Have You Written Your Will..? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Written Your Will..? (10451 Views)

Have You Written A Will? / Cameroonian Mother Dumps Her Newborn Baby With A Written Note (Pictures) / Very Funny! Wedding Invitation Card Written In Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Written Your Will..? by blacksam01: 5:13pm On May 10, 2023
...yes because we dont know tomorrow anything can happen anytime nd again, not writing a will before demise csn tear the family apart as all members of the family lay claim to anything available sometime to the detriment of your spouse or even detriment of yoyr children ....

so have we all got a will ready..?

6 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by olasaad(f): 5:48pm On May 10, 2023
As a Muslim, No.We don't write will as the sharing formula is in the Holy Quran.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by blacksam01: 6:05pm On May 10, 2023
olasaad:
As a Muslim, No.We don't write will as the sharing formula is in the Holy Quran.

wow! there isa sharing formula in the quaran..?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by olasaad(f): 6:08pm On May 10, 2023
blacksam01:

wow! there isa sharing formula in the quaran..?

Yes.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by blacksam01: 6:10pm On May 10, 2023
olasaad:

Yes.

its nice to know , i don't think it completely stops radical family members like example the Abiola family members battled for years for right of properties

29 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by olasaad(f): 6:15pm On May 10, 2023
blacksam01:

its nice to know , i don't think it completely stops radical family members like example the Abiola family members battled for years for right of properties

Yes and that is why most of them always have problems. If they follow the Quran, there won't be any problem.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by wunmi590(m): 6:24pm On May 10, 2023

Write ✍️ will? Untop only 2 shoes and 2 top wey I get?

Issorite

136 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Puss360(f): 6:49am On May 11, 2023
Lol.. na who get properties dey write will na Hustle, make money, look around you one and count your blessings, then you write your will

12 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 11, 2023
No, I don't have any will, but I have a funeral policy for my funeral... grin grin grin

I did it back in 2019... My funeral is already well planned and I don't have to worry about who's gonna take care of my funeral arrangements when I die.
blacksam01:
...yes because we dont know tomorrow anything can happen anytime nd again, not writing a will before demise csn tear the family apart as all members of the family lay claim to anything available sometime to the detriment of your spouse or even detriment of yoyr children ....

8 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Klass99(f): 7:14pm On May 11, 2023

69 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by JeffreyJunior: 11:09pm On May 11, 2023
wunmi590:

Issorite
😄😄😄

3 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by pansophist(m): 11:30pm On May 11, 2023
Na person wey get money de write will.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by FalseProphet1(m): 11:43pm On May 11, 2023
Well as a prophet I know when I'll exit this planet, and it's not anytime soon. So the will can wait.

This I have seen.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On May 11, 2023
olasaad:
Yes and that is why most of them always have problems. If they follow the Quran, there won't be any problem.
Abiola may have followed the Quran but clearly those he left behind did not hence the reason why the situation ended up the way it did. If Abiola had, rather trusting the quran which he clung to, and made explicit his desired in a will, his estate wouldn't have been torn to pieces, however. So, in any case, a personal belief in following the will as stated in your Quran does not replace the need for a will. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On May 11, 2023
wunmi590:

Issorite
Those 2 shoes and 2 tops can still be of benefit to someone. Why not make sure they are by leaving behind a will? undecided
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by poshestmina(f): 1:07am On May 12, 2023
I don't have enough Wealth yet to make a will , but all landed properties belongs to my kid .Any kid , another property

I learnt (from Nairaland) that my next of kin doesn't automatically get the money, switched back to my younger brother.safest hands after my mom!

I just want a low-key funeral if I die Young ( People I have positively impacted on , genuine tears and lasting good memories

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On May 12, 2023
poshestmina:
I don't have enough Wealth yet to make a will , but all landed properties belongs to my kid .Any kid , another property

I learnt (from Nairaland) that my next of kin doesn't automatically get the money, switched back to my younger brother.safest hands after my mom!

I just want a low-key funeral if I die Young ( People I have positively impacted on , genuine tears and lasting good memories
A will in the only way to legally guarantee all of that will infact happen after you are gone. Without one, not much stops someone from.dumping your remains down a latrine somewhere, and I am serious.. undecided
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Sweetvie: 7:18am On May 12, 2023
pansophist:
Na person wey get money de write will.
Aswear grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by wunmi590(m): 7:59am On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Those 2 shoes and 2 tops can still be of benefit to someone. Why not make sure they are by leaving behind a will? undecided

Give me your full name and address, let me will it to you then undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Kobojunkie: 8:04am On May 12, 2023
wunmi590:
■ Give me your full name and address, let me will it to you then undecided
I am certain you can donate them to someone closer by. That would be more economical given your budget. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by blacksam01: 11:15am On May 12, 2023
poshestmina:

it's a bitter - sweet feeling reading this....
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Agbadocassava: 3:48pm On May 12, 2023
We no Dey write will
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Orubebe01: 3:49pm On May 12, 2023
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Innocent987: 3:50pm On May 12, 2023
Make I write a will...wetin I get ..?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by IMASTEX: 3:50pm On May 12, 2023
Nigerians left the group chat grin grin grin
Awon it is not my portion, yet wants to go to heaven. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Westerhoffe(m): 3:51pm On May 12, 2023
shocked
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by seanwilliam(m): 3:52pm On May 12, 2023
Which will?
Willingness of wiiliamhill grin
Na person wey get money and property dey write will
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by lexy2014: 3:53pm On May 12, 2023
blacksam01:

Who are the "we all"? What concerns you wit6y whether anyone has written or not written a will?

You that is asking, have you written a will?
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by invinzible1: 3:55pm On May 12, 2023
Samantha124:
No, I don't have any will, but I have a funeral policy for my funeral... grin grin grin

I did it back in 2019... My funeral is already well planned and I don't have to worry about who's gonna take care of my funeral arrangements when I die.
So you have time to plan your death than planning your life.

Well we know black South Africans for their superiority complex

1 Like

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by obembet(f): 3:57pm On May 12, 2023
All my Nairalanders Zaddy, kindly include my name in your Will o.

1 Like

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by airsaylongcome: 3:58pm On May 12, 2023
Not yet. But it's something I've actively considered. I recently watched a YouTube video on the guy known as "Ordinary President" about a late army General and the mess he left behind between his first wife and second "wife"/mistress. While I don't criticize anyone for their life choices, it was really sad seeing the second "wife" (who incidentally happens to be from my part of the country) being very belligerent towards the late General's wife and family (who were northerners). Not like I've got a concubine or plan to, but that program made me realize the need to plan the distribution of one's estate when they are gone

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Extramarital Affair - The Warning Signs Before Getting Stuck / Does Your Husband Complain About Your Cooking? Share Your Experience. / Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.