Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Have You Written Your Will..? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Written Your Will..? (10430 Views)

Have You Written A Will? / Cameroonian Mother Dumps Her Newborn Baby With A Written Note (Pictures) / Very Funny! Wedding Invitation Card Written In Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by matm: 3:59pm On May 12, 2023
Will makes no sense except when u are multi billioner with multi assets.
Is it an ordinary ancestral land dt u will make will for.
If u remove any if ur kids from ur will, the you have put d so called beneficiaries in hell as they might not even be alive to live on d land.
Just live ur life and go.Let d kids take their own decisions themselves.
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On May 12, 2023
Agbadocassava:
We no Dey write will
And we all know how it almost always ends up. So why not solve problems rather than sit back and allow the same evil to continue? undecided
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On May 12, 2023
matm:
■ Will makes no sense except when u are multi billioner with multi assets. Is it an ordinary ancestral land dt u will make will for. If u remove any if ur kids from ur will, the you have put d so called beneficiaries in hell as they might not even be alive to live on d land. Just live ur life and go.Let d kids take their own decisions themselves.
These excuses of yours make no sense. I hope you are aware of that. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Ade3131: 4:09pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Abiola may have followed the Quran but clearly those he left behind did not hence the reason why the situation ended up the way it did. If Abiola had, rather trusting the quran which he clung to, and made explicit his desired in a will, his estate wouldn't have been torn to pieces, however. So, in any case, a personal belief in following the will as stated in your Quran does not replace the need for a will. undecided

You're right to some extent but you got it wrong at some point ☝️ I highlighted above.

While it is true that his will to have his property shared according to Islamic teachings might have been written down as a will in itself, you'd agree with me that those children that did not honor God's words in the Quran would not honor the will or rather spend their last cash dragging cases in court amongst themselves.

The shortfall for me is still the man (Abiola) himself. He obviously didn't raise his children to love each other and appreciate a shared family value of love and oneness. And ultimately, to appreciate and respect God's words (the Quran) as the final rulings on their affairs. He is not the first wealthy Muslim to have died trusting his family to use the Islamic way of sharing properties upon his demise.

Have you asked yourself why siblings will turn against each other just because they want the lion share of their late dad's property? In such a family, love never existed. They're all waiting for the man with the moneybag 💰 to die so they could share the spoils. And that's where I feel the fault lies.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by duro4chang(m): 4:15pm On May 12, 2023
olasaad:
As a Muslim, No.We don't write will as the sharing formula is in the Holy Quran.
What of if your children do not practise your religion or even they practise but do not agree with quran injunction? In Agege here I have seen many muslim families fighting on property. Why not write your will according to quran injunction?

1 Like

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by victorikpe(m): 4:16pm On May 12, 2023
wunmi590:

Write ✍️ will? Untop only 2 shoes and 2 top wey I get?

Issorite

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Creamypie(m): 4:17pm On May 12, 2023
Klass99:

Apart from writing a will I wish more people would leave end of life instructions regarding their death and funerals, to save their loved ones from unnecessary stress and strain, especially those of us who practice the Christian faith.

I am yet to understand the point of dragging out funerals, leaving bodies at the morgue for a lengthy time, service of songs etc. We should know better that once you die your soul goes to either one of two places, heaven or hell.

So, what's the relevance or benefit of what we do? It won't change a person's final destination or resting place, neither will it bring them back nor stop our hurt and pain. A friend just buried his mother and the wahala was plenty, we both agreed that we ought to embrace the Muslim way/practice of burying the dead. According to him some morgues were an eye sore and organs are harvested from dead bodies for sale.

And no, spending huge sums of money on funerals is not honouring the dead like we love to think. It is foolishness if you ask me, if you couldn't or didn't honour a person while they were alive, by treating them kindly or respectfully, giving them 30k or helping in other ways, when they asked or needed help, how is it now honouring to spend 250k on a casket they are unaware of and which doesn't help them in their demise?

I don't know about a will just yet but I plan to inform two of my siblings of the access codes to my bank accounts, pension account and other relevant accounts. They will be updated if or when the access codes change, additionally, I will ask them to please bury my body quickly and speedily without drama abeg. Don't even waste time trying to transport the body back to our village. It is just vanity upon vanity.

once one dies, like Adam/Eve, he returns to dust. Only resurrection of the righteous is that last hope. and it rests on God's decision
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by romunu(m): 4:25pm On May 12, 2023
The way e be if I write will, the lawyer fit sorry for me add me to his own.

1 Like

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 12, 2023
Who said I'm not planning for my life?

And who told you that having a funeral policy means you want to die?
invinzible1:

So you have time to plan your death than planning your life.

Well we know black South Africans for their superiority complex

1 Like

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:31pm On May 12, 2023
olasaad:
As a Muslim, No.We don't write will as the sharing formula is in the Holy Quran.

Please can you state in order how the quran said properties should be shared
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:32pm On May 12, 2023
wunmi590:

Issorite

Kobojunkie:
Those 2 shoes and 2 tops can still be of benefit to someone. Why not make sure they are by leaving behind a will? undecided

wunmi590:

Give me your full name and address, let me will it to you then undecided
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahah 😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣 😂 😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣 😂 😃 😀.

Una no go kill person with laughter for this Nairaland o.
We don laff tire for area.
These are the best and most funniest comments for this weekend ajeeee.
Oh Lawd!!
😂 😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣 😂 😃 😀.
Our Belleeeee oooo

geoworldedu:

Shoes that my guy is still using for daily works or which shoes are you talking about? Because of shoes of 10k, you get a lawyer for 50k to read the will. What sense is in that?
We just have to add this to the above...

May laughter never depart from una households oooo

Octopusssy:
Kobojunkie and wunmi590 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
U sef see am
😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣 😂 😃

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by KingDash09(m): 4:32pm On May 12, 2023
iPhone 13 pro max, ps5, lands like 3, one built house already and one 2014 Benz.. omo I try oh but na my kid sis I go leave everything too sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by geoworldedu: 4:36pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Those 2 shoes and 2 tops can still be of benefit to someone. Why not make sure they are by leaving behind a will? undecided
Shoes that my guy is still using for daily works or which shoes are you talking about? Because of shoes of 10k, you get a lawyer for 50k to read the will. What sense is in that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On May 12, 2023
Ade3131:
■You're right to some extent but you got it wrong at some point ☝️ I highlighted above. While it is true that his will to have his property shared according to Islamic teachings might have been written down as a will in itself, you'd agree with me that those children that did not honor God's words in the Quran would not honor the will or rather spend their last cash dragging cases in court amongst themselves.

■ The shortfall for me is still the man (Abiola) himself. He obviously didn't raise his children to love each other and appreciate a shared family value of love and oneness. And ultimately, to appreciate and respect God's words (the Quran) as the final rulings on their affairs. He is not the first wealthy Muslim to have died trusting his family to use the Islamic way of sharing properties upon his demise. Have you asked yourself why siblings will turn against each other just because they want the lion share of their late dad's property? In such a family, love never existed. They're all waiting for the man with the moneybag 💰 to die so they could share the spoils. And that's where I feel the fault lies.
1. It seems you don't clearly understand how a Will works
How a Last Will and Testament Works

A will and last testament directs the disposition of your assets, such as bank balances, property, or prized possessions. It will detail who is to receive property and in what amount. It can establish guardian arrangements for surviving dependents.

If you have a business or investments, your will can specify who will receive those assets and when. A will also allows you to direct assets to a charity (or charities) of your choice. Similarly, if you wish to leave assets to an institution or an organization, a will can assure that your wishes are carried out.

A person writes a will while living. Its instructions are only carried out once the individual dies. A will names an executor of the will. That person is responsible for administering the estate. A probate court usually supervises the executor to ensure that the wishes specified in the will are carried out.

A will and last testament can form the foundation of an estate plan and is the key instrument used to ensure that the estate is settled in the manner desired by the deceased. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/last-will-and-testament.asp
When a will is written, the executor of the will ensures that the details of the Will are carried out and he/she has the court behind him all the way. So if the children were to attempt what you suggest, they would be setting themselves against the court of Law, the power behind a Will. undecided

2. That isn't what happened at all in the Abiola case. Rather, he depended on Allah coming down to execute his will and that plan flopped. undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Octopusssy(f): 4:42pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie and wunmi590 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On May 12, 2023
geoworldedu:
■ Shoes that my guy is still using for daily works or which shoes are you talking about? Because of shoes of 10k, you get a lawyer for 50k to read the will. What sense is in that?
The executor of your Will does not need to be a lawyer. It could even be your sister or friend. Making that person executor of your Will simply means that the power of the court backs that person in carrying out your last wishes. undecided
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Bashirkareem31: 4:46pm On May 12, 2023
wunmi590:

Issorite
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by cayorday89(m): 4:54pm On May 12, 2023
Klass99:

Apart from writing a will I wish more people would leave end of life instructions regarding their death and funerals, to save their loved ones from unnecessary stress and strain, especially those of us who practice the Christian faith.

I am yet to understand the point of dragging out funerals, leaving bodies at the morgue for a lengthy time, service of songs etc. We should know better that once you die your soul goes to either one of two places, heaven or hell.

So, what's the relevance or benefit of what we do? It won't change a person's final destination or resting place, neither will it bring them back nor stop our hurt and pain. A friend just buried his mother and the wahala was plenty, we both agreed that we ought to embrace the Muslim way/practice of burying the dead. According to him some morgues were an eye sore and organs are harvested from dead bodies for sale.

And no, spending huge sums of money on funerals is not honouring the dead like we love to think. It is foolishness if you ask me, if you couldn't or didn't honour a person while they were alive, by treating them kindly or respectfully, giving them 30k or helping in other ways, when they asked or needed help, how is it now honouring to spend 250k on a casket they are unaware of and which doesn't help them in their demise?

I don't know about a will just yet but I plan to inform two of my siblings of the access codes to my bank accounts, pension account and other relevant accounts. They will be updated if or when the access codes change, additionally, I will ask them to please bury my body quickly and speedily without drama abeg. Don't even waste time trying to transport the body back to our village. It is just vanity upon vanity.

Read this to a point and went back to check the name only to find out it was you.. On point Sha, I will shock many people when it comes to burial of my parents, they will not expect it, that is if I even inform anyone sef. Dad already said he wants it simple and no dance around or morgue deposit of corpse but I know family who have never been there will want to overdo or his church people will be asking for extra ordinary events cause of his position.. Make God Sha grant all of us long life and good health.

As for will, since I started living alone, I jokingly told my sister, it's time I sent her my bank details, the only thing I did was to write all the passwords in a book and yet to send it to her.

1 Like

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by LeeSmart: 4:55pm On May 12, 2023
seanwilliam:
Which will? Willingness of wiiliamhill Na person wey get money and property dey write will
Lol my broda no be sports betting go kill you oo @williamhill
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by olasaad(f): 5:25pm On May 12, 2023
duro4chang:
What of if your children do not practise your religion or even they practise but do not agree with quran injunction? In Agege here I have seen many muslim family fighting on property. Why not write your will according to quran injunction?

My children will practice my religion In Shaa Allah.

If my children practice my religion which is Islam, I will teach them the Quran and Sunnah which will be their guidance. So nothing is changing that. We used same in my polygamous family when my father died too and we are all fine by it.

You don't write it, you follow it according to quran injunction.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On May 12, 2023
olasaad:
■ My children will practice my religion In Shaa Allah. If my children practice my religion which is Islam, I will teach them the Quran and Sunnah which will be their guidance. So nothing is changing that. We used same in my polygamous family when my father died too and we are all fine by it. You don't write it, you follow it according to quran injunction.
On the surface, most of Abiola's children are also all Muslims, so don't deceive yourself abeg! Unless Allah himself will come down to force them to carry out his will, it is almost guaranteed that if you do not leave a will, what you leave is a mess. undecided
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by onlyboyson(m): 5:32pm On May 12, 2023
all this street beggers get will
but hausa will them dey for Quran
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by olasaad(f): 5:38pm On May 12, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Please can you state in order how the quran said properties should be shared

It is very complex sir. But you can read it up in Quran 4. Surah Nisa
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by olasaad(f): 5:41pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
On the surface, most of Abiola's children are also all Muslims, so don't deceive yourself abeg! Unless Allah himself will come down to force them to carry out his will, it is almost guaranteed that if you do not leave a will, what you leave is a mess. undecided

But majority of the so called will has always be a mess.
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On May 12, 2023
olasaad:
■ But majority of the so called will has always be a mess.
Majority of which will? What are you talking about? If the executor probates the Will as left behind by the Testator why would you consider that a mess? undecided
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Asquare84(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2023
olasaad:

Some Muslim don't follow that shearing formula
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Blackskinman007(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2023
No be only will,,na Bruce Willis...

1 Like

Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by olasaad(f): 6:01pm On May 12, 2023
Asquare84:

Some Muslim don't follow that shearing formula

Yeah most especially here in the south.
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by Asquare84(m): 6:07pm On May 12, 2023
olasaad:

Yeah most especially here in the south.

Even in the North
Re: Have You Written Your Will..? by JaySmart4422: 6:11pm On May 12, 2023
Klass99:

You need to be specific ooo

Is only the igbos that do all you listed

Other Christian tribe don't have time for keeping the dead body or throwing a big party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation / Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? / Spanking Your Child In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.