Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend (78575 Views)

Kano Tricycle Rider Who Returned N15m Offered Four Wives, Out Of Ten Women / Man Celebrates His Girlfriend Who Returned N75,000 Sent By A Male Admirer / Heartbroken Nigerian Soldier Laments As His Girlfriend Secretly Marries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by JeffreyJunior: 12:02am On May 13, 2023
Beebah321:

Him even get strength add UK flag sef cheesy
Your comment is hilarious.πŸ˜„

The hunculu should just lick his wounds and move on.

LDL is a scam but only a few understands that while the rest of us are taught by experience.

I bet they were into lots of video calls and hanty would be lying on bed using bedsheet to cover her pregnancy.

Wetin heavens go judge for this world eeh. πŸ˜„

3 Likes

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:07am On May 13, 2023
You can adopt the child. Love knows no fault. Forgive am and carry am go UK!

2 Likes

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by caniva(m): 12:08am On May 13, 2023
angry He will be proud. Nonsense, make the innocent lady wait for you to serve her breakfast. Idiot

Beebah321:

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by InvertedHammer: 12:08am On May 13, 2023
CaptainFM1:
I'm so sorry for him. Like Abroad, like 9ja. Infact people thinking coming home to 9ja babe is better......make una learn from this brother oooo. Our girls don go PLC now. Infact, you go need to shine your eyes better than when you are in Obodo Oyinbo.
/
Only a slowpoke will think that all these hookup babes that litter Nigeria will make better wives. Two months apart, she ain't your woman anymore. Reality vs fantasy. People that live in the same city are cheating even though the chance of getting caught is high na person wey dey thousands of miles apart go put faith on a lady like that.

/

5 Likes

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by MechanicMike: 12:09am On May 13, 2023
bmd10mix:
A UK-based Nigerian man has been left heartbroken after discovering that his girlfriend, whom he was planning to settle down with, had a child with her ex-lover.

The man, simply identified as Pascal, shared his heartbreaking tale on Twitter, stating that he had returned from the UK with the plan to surprise his girlfriend with a marriage proposal, only to be met with the shock of his life.

https://twitter.com/kum_18world/status/1657022935364775939?t=wynn8AM9Cbfm7KDGcBOQuw&s=19

angry
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by ObalendeCMS: 12:10am On May 13, 2023
Na mumu dey take all these dirty stoopid nigerian girls serious.

Awon oloshi ti aiye won ti taa!!

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by Mayflowa(m): 12:10am On May 13, 2023
Silvernus2020:
This one is even good, what of my friend that found her soul mate one week to her wedding πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ

One week to the wedding isn't bad. At least she hasn't married. People leave on wedding day. But seeing someone within a short time does not covert to soulmates. Living with the person is the business!

2 Likes

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by MechanicMike: 12:10am On May 13, 2023
bmd10mix:
A UK-based Nigerian man has been left heartbroken after discovering that his girlfriend, whom he was planning to settle down with, had a child with her ex-lover.

The man, simply identified as Pascal, shared his heartbreaking tale on Twitter, stating that he had returned from the UK with the plan to surprise his girlfriend with a marriage proposal, only to be met with the shock of his life.

https://twitter.com/kum_18world/status/1657022935364775939?t=wynn8AM9Cbfm7KDGcBOQuw&s=19

Bro but why dint I fokk her before travelling to Nigeria?....and now u complaining on nairaland (no offenscce) angry
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by papagiddy(m): 12:11am On May 13, 2023
Just give God thanks and move on....no wahala!
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by thuxzwda1: 12:22am On May 13, 2023
This breakfast na jollof!
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by CaptainFM1: 12:23am On May 13, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
Only a slowpoke will think that all these hookup babes that litter Nigeria will make better wives. Two months apart, she ain't your woman anymore. Reality vs fantasy. People that live in the same city are cheating even though the chance of getting caught is high na person wey dey thousands of miles apart go put faith on a lady like that.

/
You're very correct ooo. But I come pity the guy. Nigerian babes abroad are "worstest". especially when they are working and making money. I'm talking from experience. My advice for him is to look for one Oyinbo marry for that side. May God help him.

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by helicoptarr: 12:29am On May 13, 2023
Rekoice for escaping the tragedy.
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by Toriagirl(f): 12:56am On May 13, 2023
Chaii
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by Staphylococcus: 12:57am On May 13, 2023
The devil you know is better than the Angel you don’t know

I laugh at guys who go back home to pick a wife.

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by zinaunreal(m): 12:57am On May 13, 2023
Beebah321:

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† na mumu man. She must have been fed up with similar trash
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by hardbody: 1:12am On May 13, 2023
Ever8090:
Ok..move on..it is as simple as that, but una been no dey do video call in this 21st century or what?..

Una go still dey on top the call and she go dey straff. These hoes ain't loyal

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by Regal101: 1:13am On May 13, 2023
Your mumu no too much
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by Regal101: 1:14am On May 13, 2023
The young guy thinks naija is a dulling country, Idan don take over already
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by pocohantas(f): 1:15am On May 13, 2023
yungz:

People must cheat. Nothing fit surprise me for this world again. It is up to you to remove yourself from certain situations. Like I said, the only thing I see wrong here is her not breaking up with him first. She should have pulled the plug from this one and move on. It is also impossible for a woman to carry a pregnancy for 9 whole months and a serious bf won't know. Many of these abroad guys do like NEPA light. When they are ready, they expect the woman to be waiting to jump at their proposal after taking you through series of uncertainty.

Don't be surprised he hasn't spoken to her in 2 months or more, yet e wan come propose... superstar!! He won't tell you that one. He also didn't have sex in that one year ba? Abroad guys are always innocent and holy. Abegi, the girl should face her homebased and be faithful to him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by Regal101: 1:16am On May 13, 2023
[na why we dey impregnate them before leaving my brother if you leave woman she go off pant and yahoo boiz go shift am, fear women
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by yusufmurry: 1:25am On May 13, 2023
Victor2707:
Mumu man that believes in Long Distance Relationship.

With a Nigerian girl

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by InvertedHammer: 1:35am On May 13, 2023
/
Let's assume she didn't get pregnant...

How did he know that she would have said "Yes"?

Any guarantees?

Now what if she is only 1 month pregnant and turned around later to pin the pregnancy on him after the proposal? Then after many years of expenses comes to realize at the UK Embassy that the baby ain't his?

Someone should be thanking God instead of complaining.

/
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by Dancebreaker: 1:57am On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:
Pele Sir...
The girl had to act fast. However, she should have broken up with you first. There is nothing to say you would be back or wouldn't impregnate your own gf in the UK. The girl should focus on her homebased guy. I wish them well. If she spent years waiting, world people would say na because she wan marry abroad guy. So, nothing spoil.

Marry a foreign woman. Foreign women rush Naija men at airports all over the world.
Poco, having read another post you replied to someone as to if what the lady did is good or bad, a lady who did this over 20 years ago is still regretting it. Her friends told her exactly the bolded and encouraged her to do.
Life is not all about men versus women. Some men truly love or loved but when disappointed, women come up with various excuses. In so doing, it simply tells men that if a woman does anything, they will never take responsibility. It helps programme men negatively.

Guess what, the lady who could not wait over 20 years ago still has the effrontery to say "you didn't fight for me after you returned, you abandoned me in a bad relationship, my friends said you have probably married oyinbo already", etc.

Fight for another man's "wife" or another child's mother? Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Why do you still communicate with her you might asks? Because the families have known for years and contact between certain members on both sides are inevitable.

The immediate response of girls hearing the story include "maybe you were not taking good care of her, maybe you were not communicating well with her, did not assure enough", etc. Just anything to avoid responsibility.

Yet her parents advised her to wait because they were sure of one's character, honesty and integrity that they saw as one was growing up. Yet she defied her parents.

Some ask how come the guy didn't know of the pregnancy, very easy. Even these days, a girl can position herself under a duvet during whatsApp chat or somehow manipulate things to avoid being seen pregnant. There was no GSM back then even.
A girl moved to another city those years ago, was dating and got preggy and her family only knew too late. They were too embarrassed to tell one or let relatives know when they finally found out. They still hoped she would leave the man. She tried to leave him when guy man suddenly landed. But guy man found out the game luckily. Phew! Bullet dodged.

Truly, the chance to date and marry oyinbo was there aplenty, especially from among fellow students but no. A girl was in 9ja waiting. Or so one thought.

These things happen to real people daily. It could happen to your son, nephew, cousin, etc.

It turns out it was actually a blessing in disguise. Thank God it so happened. Her folks have remained as good as ever.

Everybody must live with their own decisions. I hope this lady ends up luckier than the lady of over 20 years ago.

Anybody can choose to leave a relationship at any time. Fair enough but should do the honourable thing and be honest.

The guy will cope fine. Just move on. He shouldn't let the experience define him.

3 Likes

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by dontrulee: 2:04am On May 13, 2023
Ever8090:
Ok..move on..it is as simple as that, but una been no dey do video call in this 21st century or what?..

Shey na 24hours e go dey use do video call?
Anyone can do video call and still cheat

1 Like

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by pocohantas(f): 2:06am On May 13, 2023
Dancebreaker:

Poco, having read another post you replied to someone as to if what the lady did is good or bad, a lady who did this over 20 years ago is still regretting it.

Every single lady that left Nigerian men is regretting it way into her 70s. I bet my friend's ex in Ijagemo is saying the same thing while she is happily married to another guy with two boys. If the homebased guy had created a thread here, you people would still claim she would regret it for living him to marry a diasporan. Please, get over yourselves and stop waiting for your EXes to regret.

Regret indeed. Na the ones wey dey with una for 200yrs while pursuing better suitors no regret am. All this story when women leave, but men leave their gfs and wives everyday.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by dontrulee: 2:07am On May 13, 2023
doggedfighter:
UK based coming back to Nigeria to propose to a Nigerian girlfriend that will kick him out of his house once she gets there.

Our brother didn't see oyinbo women ? Haba !!

He still came back for a Nigerian girl.

The young lady went to her ex boyfriend and started a family which is what's important to her.

She doesn't want to wait for an abroadian.

Go back ,sir

It's that same Oyinbo women that will later destroy his life in the future. Abi you've not read about the story of Samuel Eto and other Africans that suffered in the hands of Oyinbo women, Man did well by coming back to the roots of his origin, thankfully God saved him from a disaster
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by tabaralph: 3:51am On May 13, 2023
Persephone1:
Eyah.....

Okay I don't feel sorry for him undecided

SIMPle…
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by descarado: 4:20am On May 13, 2023
Biological clock don't wanna know you waited for 8 yrs.
Girls are wiser and smarter.

My beatie broke off with his babe after about a yr plus of travelling abroad for his masters though I saw his reason. He isn't ready to go back to Nigeria and want her to move on. She contributed some of his finance for school but this guy worked his ass of to pay her back. She is married with kid. He got a job after school, tried hooking up with oyibo, naija babes or whomever but it didn't work. He went to naija to marry plan D when others failed earlier this Yr.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by bellotaofeek: 4:23am On May 13, 2023
So sorry... You might even be In Nigeria together n still carry the ex belle for you . What a gender !
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by SirLakes: 4:31am On May 13, 2023
walade:
Marry am like that. She go burn your own pickin for you too. No big deal

Lol grin grin
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by pendragonbladgo(m): 4:32am On May 13, 2023
MISTAICEY02288:
Lol. Another one don chop hot Breakfast. Thank God he even found out on time. Na so he for still marry am carry go UK only to find out years later and she for don get wings well by then cos UK go empower her more.. Like this now, na to just book flight return to UK and forget am for life remain. God will provide a better woman for you.
It will show in her p*ssy
Re: Heartbroken Nigerian Man, Who Returned From UK To Propose To His Girlfriend by darkwan: 4:33am On May 13, 2023
always react fast....women dont wait....
women always dey talk how gidigba they are....they are lyin....

especialy when they are still young....they cant control their emotions....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend From Malawi In A Romantic Way (Photos) / I Think My Girlfriend Is Fetish / "I Am Walking Into 2017 A Proud Virgin" - Nigerian Lady Says (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.