Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name (40521 Views)

Help Needed! I Am Finding It Difficult Calling My Brother 'sir'. / My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life / Big And Bold Husband And Wife Family Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by aalangel(f): 6:58am On May 14, 2023
joeargy:
Hi everyone, I will appreciate ur advice...

My son is 2yrs old , when he was born I and my wife named him Charles but my wife's mother and father can't stop calling him Daniel, when ever my son is at their place for holidays or visits, they call him Daniel and all their neighbors and friends now call my son Daniel.

I remembered I told my wife about it and her mother heard and felt bad, he is my son and not theirs, I understand grandparents give their grand children names too, I have a name from my grandparents but they call me by the one my parents gave me...

What do I do house?

You're looking for trouble where there isn't. Please, it's absolutely normal. My grandparents gave us names and stuck to it till they passed on. My parents gave my kids names and stuck to it still they passed on. My husband still calls my son the name my Mom gave him.
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by aliscomonaj: 7:05am On May 14, 2023
Dey play....Go and do DNA
donbachi:
No issues..as long as his birth certificate and documents will bear name given by you
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by ChristianMuslim: 7:13am On May 14, 2023
You sef change their your inlaws name.. i want to check something
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by pek(m): 7:13am On May 14, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
There is no issue here, most grandparents gives their grandchildren special names.
What's special about Daniel?

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by ChristianMuslim: 7:15am On May 14, 2023
You sef change your inlaws name.. if they are mr and mrs chukwudi, turn their name to mr and mrs chukwuma. i want to check something
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by Poisonousman: 7:16am On May 14, 2023
taylor89:
NA THEM KNOW THE REAL PAPA

I understand grandparents and calling their grandkids their preferred name

And I know every human has one or two other names their family extended family calls them just like me now my name reach 30

Just like when you tell someone to tell you about themselves during talking stage you’ll hear my name soso my grandma calls me Adaobi my grandpa calls Ogbenye Alu my friends call me Sobechi etc

But you see switching from Charles to Daniel

Which are just same random English names and not a native name just grandparents always give

Oga that child isn’t yours

At the end you wrote rubbish

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by HRMK: 7:16am On May 14, 2023
was the #daniel not on the list of names given to him?anyway,it is their right to call him whatever name they want!
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by Blackdisciple(m): 7:17am On May 14, 2023
It's not a problem sir because I'm sure school don't even know him with Daniel.

The name they used to call him in school is the one that will stand so no worries besides he don't stay with them he only goes their for holidays and I'm sure not every holidays, and also they don't know him with Daniel in his area.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by SLOVFO(m): 7:18am On May 14, 2023
Well I don't know about your guys. Names to me are not yours for identification, it conveys a message. And when another name other than what I gave my child is imposed on her, that's crossing the red line for me. Anyone can call her any pet name but it must not take precedence over the name I gave her. If such is your case, you have got to do something that won't strain the relationship between your in-laws and you.
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by diogo23: 7:25am On May 14, 2023
joeargy:

My son is 2yrs old , when he was born I and my wife named him Charles but my wife's mother and father can't stop calling him Daniel, when ever my son is at their place for holidays or visits, they call him Daniel and all their neighbors and friends now call my son Daniel.

I remembered I told my wife about it and her mother heard and felt bad, he is my son and not theirs, I understand grandparents give their grand children names too, I have a name from my grandparents but they call me by the one my parents gave me...

What do I do house?
Oga don't read another meaning into meaningless something, it is normal in igbo land

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by diogo23: 7:27am On May 14, 2023
Ever8090:
People just get problem for this life I swear,...what is wrong with grand parents giving their grand child a name?.. some times not even grand parents,but even neighbors calls children different names,..

This so called civilized and religious generation will be acting mumu like mumu....
I'm surprised
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by diogo23: 7:31am On May 14, 2023
Solofresh2:
Take the child away from them and don't take him close to them for a very long time because if that boy start answering that name at this early stage,wahala go dey oo
Stop making case out of nothing my friend, There's no issue here some grandparents do have preferred name for their grandchildren
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by airsaylongcome: 7:38am On May 14, 2023
Exmilitant:
These foreign names wey una dey call children dey vex me. Wetin be Charles and Daniel?
Whatever happened to Izuchukwu, Uwem, Adebola, Ovundah?

God help Africa!!

I'm completely shocked! Another one under him was arguing that his son's name is Jeremy not Jeremiah! And these are first names o! God forbid !
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by airsaylongcome: 7:40am On May 14, 2023
ceejay80s:

They aren't foreign, we christians name our kids after a Saint or men of God in the Holy bible
Eg Saint Charles , Saint daniel

They aren't foreign names? Are you kidding me? What does Charles mean in your local dialect? They are foreign names whether they are she rèé or Greek "Christian names" they are all foreign. Annoying is the ones that give their children Italian aor Spanish or German names. I spit on all of them
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by ceejay80s(m): 7:44am On May 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I'm completely shocked! Another one under him was arguing that his son's name is Jeremy not Jeremiah! And these are first names o! God forbid !
Point of correction, my son's first name isnt Jeremy
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by Dicado: 7:52am On May 14, 2023
It's normal. Just make sure he has your preferred name on his school documents and let his school friends call him by your own preferred name because that's where he'll spent most of his time. That's all.

As for me, my father has a name he calls me, my mother has hers, likewise my grandmother and grandfather (all departed). It's totally normal and trust me, if your in-laws don't have any name different from yours for your children, just know that they don't love the child that much.
joeargy:

What do I do house?
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by davillian(m): 8:03am On May 14, 2023
taylor89:

And I know every human has one or two other names their family extended family calls them just like me now my name reach 30

Just like when you tell someone to tell you about themselves during talking stage you’ll hear my name soso my grandma calls me Adaobi my grandpa calls Ogbenye Alu my friends call me Sobechi etc

Which are just same random English names and not a native name just grandparents always give

Abeg no put that guy for hot seat saying the child inst his....
Normally grandparents calls Thier grandchildren by their native names....
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:20am On May 14, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
Mumu people bearing slave names and they're proud of it. What happens to Chukwudi, Adeola, Oghene or Danjuma? Black man sha.
stop using english, werey .
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by SenatePresdo(m): 8:21am On May 14, 2023
joeargy:

What do I do house?

Your son is also their grandson, you think say na only you get the child?

Just dey play.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:23am On May 14, 2023
does he not answer the one u gave him anymore?
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by MalbakOscar(m): 8:28am On May 14, 2023
Bro, it's an African thing. That's why babies are given different names at their naming ceremony. It doesn't mean they don't respect your choice of name for your child.
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by MrDoGood(m): 8:31am On May 14, 2023
isabi2lof:
Sometimes I just read them for reading sake and also comment . Especially on Facebook, the fabricated stories are much .

Facebook has been a platform for fake life and anything fake almost since the beginning. Then IG took over.
NL is gradually crawling towards that direction.
You can't say same for Twitter. You will receive it hot.

That's how about 4 different Twitter account posted same breakfast one time.

Someone screenshot all 4 and tag them if they're living in the same house?

No do fake life for Twitter. Else you go wound yourself grin
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by jessylaurel(f): 8:36am On May 14, 2023
taylor89:

grin grin grin grin grin grin I laugh in swahili.
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by Blazadenise(m): 8:51am On May 14, 2023
If I were you ehn... I would just relocate away from my in law environment, and try to engage my wife with other things that she won't have that time to visit her parent often..be sure to ask your in law if you have fulfilled all the traditional right of your wife, and ask ? Why they won't call your son the name given to him.
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by Jevica: 8:55am On May 14, 2023
Some days brother you’ll be a grand father. So what goes around comes around.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by Waffarianman(m): 8:56am On May 14, 2023
simplepee:
This is so wrong. You are separating your kids from their grandparents just because of names? I can imagine the tension you’ve put in your wife and her parents’ relationship. Nawa o

Ok
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by TheGift: 9:00am On May 14, 2023
Ever8090:
rubbish talk....the child will grow up and answer 59 names but still be who he wants to be, he can be answerable to both his parents and grandparents and whomever he wish to, so what is it with the unnecessary tension raised by this kid who became a father too early

👆🏽R.U.B.B.I.S.H. T.A.L.K. !!!
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by Adelowo28: 9:35am On May 14, 2023
I thought Daniel is biblical name and chalse is not so why worry urself may the woman might saw blessings attached to Daniel of which u don't aware of so if u can't combine officially use ur preferred name in his certificates
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by Image123(m): 9:45am On May 14, 2023
Call him Charles Daniel or CD. Solved.
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by Belawy(m): 9:46am On May 14, 2023
Then why are you complaining, all nah Saint names
ceejay80s:

They aren't foreign, we christians name our kids after a Saint or men of God in the Holy bible
Eg Saint Charles , Saint daniel
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by Lance008(m): 9:51am On May 14, 2023
He be like say na childbirth Dey shack u
Na Daniel mak dem Dey call am no go allow am be somebody for life or watin ?
She fit bear both names
Re: My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name by AbuAeesha: 9:52am On May 14, 2023
Ever asked why they choose to call him that name?
That is what you should do first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Can You Do When You Notice Your Wife Is Cheating? / Blind Woman With Triplets Receives Online Gifts / Sick Musa Under The Town Planning Bridge Linking Ilupeju To Anthony Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.