Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. (30028 Views)

My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by tivta(m): 4:08pm On May 16, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Nigerians dey always view someone with a car like millionaire

Especially our Nigerian baby girls

If you want to always get into the pant of our Nigerian baby girls then get a ride

My nigga, where have you been?
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by staga: 4:18pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

My rent was increased 60% I think because i recently bought a car.

What I noticed about some landlord are 3 behaviours.

The first one is they will increase your rent if you achieve Anything or seems to be progressing. This one is common among the Igbos.

The second one is they will give you quit notice to pack out. This could be out of jealousy. They want to be apha and omega and don't want tenants to raise shoulder with them.

The third one is they will be happy that you are achieving things in their house and want people to see that their house had no problem. They can even reduce your rent or not bothered to ask you to pay urgently so you can pay at your convenient time.

The bolded is a very silly statement made out of a standpoint of myopic ignorance. I have never had an Igbo landlord and that has always been the pattern. Why tie that behaviour to a tribe?

3 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by NaijaCover(m): 4:21pm On May 16, 2023
Lol
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by NoToPile: 4:24pm On May 16, 2023
Everybody is increasing rent these days so it's not because you bought a car.

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by achimendy(m): 4:29pm On May 16, 2023
fyzaila:

Are you sure this your last paragraph exists in this country?

As in ehhn, I just keep quiet dey watch the guy.
Landlord happy for tenants, hmmm.

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Fr33born(m): 4:37pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

The first one is they will increase your rent if you achieve Anything or seems to be progressing. This one is common among the Igbos.

I would send you packing if I was the Landlord. Useless Tribalist.

4 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by itsene: 5:03pm On May 16, 2023
What does your lease say?
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Igboslayer: 5:22pm On May 16, 2023
Leave that enclave as soon as possible!
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by GistFullGround: 5:26pm On May 16, 2023
Ignoramus, haven't you heard of The Justice Court?

Seek redress because your landlord is trampling on you. We must learn how to use the court system!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvZWL6BLtBg
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by luckedesiri(m): 5:27pm On May 16, 2023
I no too blame your landlord sha... How you go dey another man house but motor? He dey use style tell you say make you go build house first.... Motor no be your priority..... At times, God deh speak to us through the wicked deeds of others....... My thoughts though

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Streetmovement(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Wahala for who dey buy car park for rented apartment

If I no get my own personal house I no dey buy any car

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Bahamas95(m): 6:16pm On May 16, 2023
I can relate.

I made same mistake 3yrs ago by patronizing my landlord because my neighbour convinced me that he bought his generator from him and it's working perfectly. Everything I bought from him that day was almost 380k (Generator and other electrical appliances).......As soon as my 1yr rent expired I received a letter of rent increment.

I didn't even bother to answer him, I contacted my agent friend and he gave me a far better apartment.

2 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by JC2021: 6:21pm On May 16, 2023
doggedfighter:
With the way you quickly changed your username to Carnawife who knows the kind of noise you have been making and may even be constituting nuisance parking anyhow.

The speed with which you ran here to say your rent was increased without checking with other tenants.

And how you listed igbo landlords that jealous you and your new car shows the kind of person you are.

This is your second comment I have liked within an hour without even checking your username, and I can be very stingy with likes and quotes. You are very logical and I respect that in people. Keep it up bro or sis. wink
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by bluefilm: 6:23pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

The second one is they will give you quit notice to pack out. This could be out of jealousy. They want to be apha and omega and don't want tenants to raise shoulder with them.

The third one is they will be happy that you are achieving things in their house and want people to see that their house had no problem. They can even reduce your rent or not bothered to ask you to pay urgently so you can pay at your convenient time.

Bia, dis guy what kind of car did you buy?

Because if na you buy that dark blue 504 Peugeot wey I been dey see for inside your compound, e mean say your landlord increase your rent just to punish you for the nonsense wey you don do.

Na so I see am o.
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by BOYS2MEN: 6:31pm On May 16, 2023
grin if e pain u go build ur house before u buy car...
CarNaWife:

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Sasonigeria: 6:52pm On May 16, 2023
It's unfortunate, may God help us. Landlord!!!! Hum.
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Oneday82: 7:10pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:
yes I don't think others were increased. The landlord said my rent. He didn't say the whole house.

Except I will use style to ask others.

You think.... This is the problem of Nigerian. You are yet to confirm if it was for all tenants that got affected by the increment you are here making off point.

Mind you not all landlord, depends on the one you fall into.

And next time, never you open your that your gutter called mouth to drag Igbos into your matter. Just a piece of advice.

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Oneday82: 7:18pm On May 16, 2023
[quote author=CarNaWife post=123137507]

Ogbeni, if you claim your rent was increase because you bought a new car, then was other tenant affected as well .
What makes you believe it was because of the new car that your rent was increase?.
All the 3 point you lay down only the last one was valid, the rest are totally off point.
You think is only the Igbo Landlord, so other tribe are saint?
I don't really blame you, maybe you wanted to check if your Data is working.
May God give you sense of research before coming on social media to say what you don't know.
Lastly, if you are not okay with the increase, Oga you can move out immediately.
Congrats on your new car...
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:39pm On May 16, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
if your rent was lowered because the landlord wanted to help you (thinking you were poor and struggling), then i certainly understand why the rent will be increased (back to normal) if the landlord believes you are no longer poor and struggling.

Lols, wahala.
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Gospel2Day: 8:00pm On May 16, 2023
[quote author=CarNaWife post=123137611]yes I don't think others were increased. The landlord said my rent. He didn't say the whole house.

Except I will use style to ask others.[

Don't be angry or offended with him.
Just plan to leave.
It is better you move to another place, where envy and jealousy won't be the negative emotions directed towards you.
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Gospel2Day: 8:00pm On May 16, 2023
[quote author=CarNaWife post=123137611]yes I don't think others were increased. The landlord said my rent. He didn't say the whole house.

Except I will use style to ask others.[
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:10pm On May 16, 2023
Before nko? What follows you expect.
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by doggedfighter(f): 8:17pm On May 16, 2023
JC2021:

This is your second comment I have liked within an hour without even checking your username, and I can be very stingy with likes and quotes. You are very logical and I respect that in people. Keep it up bro or sis. wink

I am a sis. grin

Today is my birthday

So this your comment is a good gift for me.
Thanks you, JC grin

4 Likes

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by udemzyudex(m): 8:26pm On May 16, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
If he say your rent have increased, yes it have. If you r not comfy pack to your car. Don't forlick your wheels for petty excuses and outstanding bills

Lol.. see them.
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by udemzyudex(m): 8:28pm On May 16, 2023
RecentHistory:

Na tenants like you I dey like. Use you as a scapegoat for others to learn from.

Wetin you go do?
Sue him too? grin
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by udemzyudex(m): 8:29pm On May 16, 2023
This guy dey catch cruise.
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by fyzaila: 8:32pm On May 16, 2023
achimendy:

As in ehhn, I just keep quiet dey watch the guy.
Landlord happy for tenants, hmmm.

grin grin
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by sirblend: 8:47pm On May 16, 2023
CarNaWife:

I don't know your tribe.

I leave in a building that has five flats owned by a Yoruba man. My rent is 50% higher than what tenants pay. Four of the tenants are Yorubas.. I am the only tenant from a different tribe
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Greenfaces: 9:05pm On May 16, 2023
kkonyeji:

.he no see land buy
Exactly
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by Sholuwa241: 12:12am On May 17, 2023
CarNaWife:
yes I don't think others were increased. The landlord said my rent. He didn't say the whole house.

E be which work you they do when you take buy the car so soon so , hope no be wetein I they tink for my head because if now that job you they do just get ready for more increment because you no go fit they cash out make landlord they look you now aba you no get conscience
Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by bigcasava1(m): 5:10am On May 17, 2023
CarNaWife:

mumu you have not verify if others where increased and you have already mention igbos.

1 Like

Re: My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. by BackFromBalablu: 7:03am On May 17, 2023
2ndchildhood:
you dey rented apartment dey buy car for wife. how Una dey do am?
Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? / Women With Rich Husbands Have Stronger Orgasm –study / Nanny Caught On Camera Slapping A 5-month-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.