Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son (61267 Views)

Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by SavageResponse(m): 9:33pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Must you flog at all? If a child says NO to you, then simply reduce access to your love or something instead, not descend on him as though you must rule at all cost. undecided

Must you over-indulge a wayward kid?
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On May 15, 2023
webcrafty:
■ To find the answer to your question, I suggest you one day visit UK as a teacher and experience their kids in first hand. The reason UK and indeed the west is better than Nigeria and most African Nations, is not because of their kids, it's because of a system built (no small thanks to years of other nation's exploits of course).

But bliv me, not all that glitter is gold... Most UK residents are wishing they could somehow escape living there.
But aren't those many of the same kids who go on to continue building and maintaining the systems in those countries? If they turn out mostly law-abiding citizens in the end, isn't that sign of success, regarding of th growing years and pains? undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by NinjaMetahuman: 9:33pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Must you flog at all? If a child says NO to you, then simply reduce access to your love or something instead, not descend on him as though you must rule at all cost. undecided
lol
Reduce access to your love and become bad father.

Why not kuku give birth to them and throw them away then.

2 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:34pm On May 15, 2023
mabea:
I would have agreed completely with you but then part of the judgement cited a text message sent to the wife and the child. Who could have revealed it if not the wife.

i dont know which part you read but start from when she comes back after two days and take the child to the hospitail

Remember am also i know the system inlive in the UK

when the father was interviewed he denied strucking the child, but then how does he explain the bruises when he was the adult in the house
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by richmond500: 9:34pm On May 15, 2023
TUANKU:
That's why there's a shortage of primary school teachers in the UK, children with almost zero respect for adults.
between Nigerians and the UK, which people do u think have zero respect for adults?
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by gadgethead: 9:35pm On May 15, 2023
pyyxxaro:
Obodoyibo

If not for Water Cane , I wonder what I would have turned into cool

After there don use cane massage my yansh finish way back , there go come bath me , rub powder for my neck ;

WATER-CANE MIGWOO

Lol
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by abbey621(m): 9:36pm On May 15, 2023
Reference:

If you do all these and cannot teach, instruct, guide and then task, assess, wash and wear again you still have not achieved anything. You don't graduate from school by your teachers just talking to you everyday in a lovable manner. There has to be a plan, there has to be a syllabus, there has to be instructions and there has to be a test. The quality of this determines how your kids will turn out.

I have always considered violence as the preserve of the ignorant.
When you have to use violence it means you are either not communicating well or communicating wrong.
The child is not receiving or understanding what you want or how you want it.
I cannot see what violence does to enhance this process.

When a parent is enraged at his child it simply says I am angry with myself for not being able to do it.

A wise man once said, everybody has a plan until you get punched in the jaw! I'll keep referring to the American way of raising a child vs the African way, with all things equal, you cannot possibly say just talking or communicating gets the job done, evidence points to otherwise, from drug abuse to juvenile sex and gun violence.

Kids needs to understand Newton's third law of motion, ACTIONS & CONSEQUENCES! For most people it involves communicating that if you behave well there are rewards, if you misbehave there are consequences. Consequences can vary just as rewards, a child that knows that the worst you can do is take away their privilege such as phone, going outside etc., that child can determine that the risk is worth it but a child that knows that wa fe ku ni ale yi(Serious flogging) if he or she misbehaves, OMO that fear alone keeps them within boundaries until they are 18, after 18 he or she can do whatever!

These are not just words, these are time tested way of raising children and it is evident when we compare the stat of children abroad to children in Nigeria with all things equal, the average Nigerian kid will dust the average American or British kid in terms of education, discipline and overall morality! Until this changes, I'll prefer the wisdom of experience over cheap talk!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On May 15, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
lol■ Reduce access to you love and become bad father. Why not kuku give birth to them and throw them away then.
For me, love is a contract signed between me and the kid. He keeps his end of the bargain or he loses access to affected aspects of my attention, time, and/or resources. I like to stay faithful to my side of the agreement, and the kid knows he too much or he loses. Kids are not dumb at all. undecided

I keep my cool, my mind stress-free, and my BP in check that way. undecided

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Simeonjoe1: 9:37pm On May 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
today flogging a child is considered abuse, even though majority of us are great human beings today because of these same "abuse"... so make sure that you A) have kids with a woman who follow your school of thought and B) live in a country where flogging is allowed-

no wonder kids in the UK (and all over the world) are now out of control!

Well great human how?
Africa with strick parent discipline is still the shittest region on earth.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by abbey621(m): 9:37pm On May 15, 2023
Shokoloko:

Why will she treat bruises at home? Why didnt the man treat the bruises at home?
You are taxed heavily for healthcare. So why will you pay taxes for healthcare and still pay privately for healthcare?
Isn't it dumb to pay for one product twice? By the way, the woman did not report that man. The hospital did

Knowing fully well the country that she was in? Knowing fully well that they count it as a big deal and it could literally mean the end of her family as she knows it? Sometimes wisdom is better than being right!

2 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On May 15, 2023
Simeonjoe1:
Well great human how? Africa with strick parent discipline is still the shittest region on earth.
Exactly! grin

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by SavageResponse(m): 9:39pm On May 15, 2023
Babathanks:

So Nigeria is a best place to raise a kids with yahoo yahoo, unknown gunmen, and bandit?

At least in Nigeria we don't have nutcases like non-binary, transgender, serial killers and shopping mall mass murderers!

2 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 9:40pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:

Knowing fully well the country that she was in? Knowing fully well that they count it as a big deal and it could literally mean the end of her family as she knows it? Sometimes wisdom is better than being right!
The man is the foolish one here. If you poop, you clean it up.
If he knew he had caused that much damage to the child's body, why did he not begin treatment immediately?
At the point the son was standing facing the garden lots of light would have shone on his body and his father should have noted the injuries and started applying balm.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:
■ Knowing fully well the country that she was in? Knowing fully well that they count it as a big deal and it could literally mean the end of her family as she knows it? Sometimes wisdom is better than being right!
So, knowing full well the country that she was in, she shouldn't have taken her bruised-up 9-year-old to the hospital? WOW.... irredeemable! undecided

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by koolaid87: 9:41pm On May 15, 2023
How it happened bawo for a story that we can't even confirmed the names involved.

How it happened paragraph is a fiction by one of them nairalanders that write love stories.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by dvkot(m): 9:41pm On May 15, 2023
Crazy white see as their children are now getting useless.. boys are becoming girls, some don't even know what gender they are.. I'll beat that craze out of your head and send you back to naija

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by meedoLock(m): 9:41pm On May 15, 2023
From African perspective, moderate flogging a d scolding is good, but must not be done to result into an assault.

As time is spent, human evolves positively and negatively. If a child is assaulted in the name of instilling standard and moral in him/her. The assaulter might be the one in need of serious beating.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 9:42pm On May 15, 2023
Ireportlive:
Na why their kids are wayward
See Nigerian kids in full display

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by abbey621(m): 9:42pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, knowing full well the country that she was in, she shouldn't have taken her bruised-up 9-year-old to the hospital? WOW.... irredeemable! undecided

Yes there was no need for hospital, many of us have treated bruises at home just fine, in fact unless you didn't school in 9ja, the floggings from teachers pass this one and we all didn't die!

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by richmond500: 9:43pm On May 15, 2023
SavageResponse:

At least in Nigeria we don't have nutcases like non-binary, transgender, serial killers and shopping mall mass murderers!
Oga we have all these people in Nigeria, maybe we don't have shopping mall murderers but we have suicide bombers, terrorists and ritualists.

Infact the countries that doesn't flog children are always reffered to as saner climes by those that flogs.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by meedoLock(m): 9:44pm On May 15, 2023
pyyxxaro:
Obodoyibo

If not for Water Cane , I wonder what I would have turned into cool

After there don use cane massage my yansh finish way back , there go come bath me , rub powder for my neck grin

WATER-CANE MIGWOO

Sorry o grin grin
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 9:44pm On May 15, 2023
SavageResponse:

We have a very high number, much higher than Europe of serial killers and mass murderers. The only difference is nobody sees the bodies because the organs are harvested.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by abbey621(m): 9:45pm On May 15, 2023
Shokoloko:

The man is the foolish one here. If you poop, you clean it up.
If he knew he had caused that much damage to the child's body, why did he not begin treatment immediately?
At the point the son was standing facing the garden lots of light would have shone on his body and his father should have noted the injuries and started applying balm.

Okay then two wrongs makes it right? Again I repeat, knowing fully well the type of country they are located in, did she fully consider the consequences? The man was foolish I accept but now that he is in jail is the family happier?

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by kareemkamil(m): 9:46pm On May 15, 2023
Can u imagine, the concept Oyinbo people brought to us
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 9:46pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:

Yes there was no need for hospital, many of us have treated bruises at home just fine, in fact unless you didn't school in 9ja, the floggings from teachers pass this one and we all didn't die!
You do not treat bruises of this nature at home. If she had treated it at home, the school would have noticed the marks and both she and the man would have been on the hook.
Hold your ears with your hands. Abroad, do not attempt to treat bruises of this nature at home - you will be caught
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:
So long as one does not die from abuse —irrespective of the physical and psychological toll that inflicts on the child— it is to be overlooked? Kind of like the Nigerian police flogging citizens is Ok so long as their victims dont die, abi? undecided

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by drimzsmoke(m): 9:46pm On May 15, 2023
Ulunne777:
I used to do the disciplining before but when I noticed my kids tilting towards my husband and him even reporting them to me or asking them if I have seen what they did wrong,I stopped.

We must agree together on the punishment or watch them spoil together. cheesy grin shocked

Stop reporting your kids misdemeanor to the other spouse.The parent present should trash it out or wait for joint punishment.
It potrays the discipliner wicked before the kids

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
This very thing happened in my family.....If you report any child to me, I'll just be looking at you. I've made it a conscious habit not to beat kids and it's working for me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by StrongAlphMale: 9:47pm On May 15, 2023
Ulunne777:
But the wife Sha.
If she didn't want the man to punish the child,why didn't she do the appropriate punishment instead of reporting to the husband.
It makes the man now look as the abuser whereas he was trying to instill"discipline" of course overboard in a woke country.She Still took him to hospital where they will see the strokes well instead of giving paracetamol.
A child you paid for online classes is playing computer games.

We're suprise you didn't support the woman in this case. Women supporting women in the mud.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Sonyboom: 9:49pm On May 15, 2023
Must some of you comment like you are not intelligent ? What brusies could kill a 15 year old ? Brusies o not wound or broken bones.

The wife was deliberate in her action n my grudge is with her, the child did not die while she was away after all.

So long no form of support will be required from me while am in jail 3 years go finish now now now.

cococandy:
Clearly the hospital reported the man not the wife.
All healthcare workers are mandatory reporters. If you suspect abuse you’re required to report it.
The bruises on him required them to report it.

Unless you’re saying the mom shouldn’t have taken the boy to the hospital. What if he’d died? Then y’all would have still blamed her for not taking care of her kid.

All the man had to do (if he’s so bent on physically punishing the kid) was to do it in a non violent way and not cause him bruises and injuries.

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Smartguyboy(m): 9:49pm On May 15, 2023
WTF 😳
A 66 years old man having a son of 9 that is 57 years old when the boy was born .
One of the disadvantages traveling abroad he might not see the boy when his 20 year old omg . I guessed he settle for less with a baby mama two daughters already.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by etrange: 9:51pm On May 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
today flogging a child is considered abuse, even though majority of us are great human beings today because of these same "abuse"... so make sure that you A) have kids with a woman who follow your school of thought and B) live in a country where flogging is allowed-

no wonder kids in the UK (and all over the world) are now out of control!

Nigerians still flog kids and yet the country is a breeding ground for scammers, drug traffickers, skull miners, hookup girls, etc. Even the so-called decent ones can hardly have a conversation with you on here without it degenerating into total indecorousness. We say we respect elders but it's all on the surface. Judging from what I see here, I believe you're far more likely to have an insult-free argument with a kid raised in Canada than with the boys and girls of Nairaland. So I ask, what has flogging done for us? If many of you turned out good like you said, I seriously doubt it was because of the flogging.

The issue with flogging is not that it's totally bad for parents to discipline thier kids. The issue is that when you allow it, it becomes very difficult to moderate. This is because when people hit their kids, it's mostly out of anger. It's not always a pre-planned disciplinary action. And because hitting kids is allowed, nobody will raise an eyebrow until it's too late. Children are, therefore, left at mercy of people with varying temperaments. Even the wicked madams/ogas get away with maltreating other people's children while hiding behind discipline. We end up raising angry, hardened and cold people who can't feel the pains of others.

I personally believe flogging is a tactics used by lazy people who don't have the time to put in the work or people who were flogged by their parents. Otherwise, if you start very early enough to cultivate the habit of respect into your kids, you'll hardly get to the point where you'll need to hit them.

#Opinion

3 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On May 15, 2023
Ulunne777:
But the wife Sha. If she didn't want the man to punish the child,why didn't she do the appropriate punishment instead of reporting to the husband.
It makes the man now look as the abuser whereas he was trying to instill"discipline" of course overboard in a woke country.She Still took him to hospital where they will see the strokes well instead of giving paracetamol.
A child you paid for online classes is playing computer games.
The wife already did the next best thing. It was up to the man to continue it or find some other equally appropriate punishment for the kid.
His wife, the victim’s mother, during the lockdown when school children had migrated to online classes, was informed that the victim had not been attending his online school classes for two days. As a result, she barred him from playing computer games and told the father about the development. On 22 January 2021, she left home to visit her eldest son leaving the victim with his sisters. Their father came home from work to find the victim using the computer. According to the court documents, the father repeatedly struck him across the back using metal sticks or rods, which he retrieved from a basket next to the television in the living room. He also used his belt repeatedly to strike him on the back, arms and shoulders.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Missing 20-Year-Old Precious Leonard Found In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (Pictures) / Father Asked His Son To Have A Haircut. Then The Son Did This (Photos) / See What I Killed In My Room(pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.