Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son (61279 Views)

Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by JohnBullMySon: 9:52pm On May 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
today flogging a child is considered abuse, even though majority of us are great human beings today because of these same "abuse"... so make sure that you A) have kids with a woman who follow your school of thought and B) live in a country where flogging is allowed-

no wonder kids in the UK (and all over the world) are now out of control!
Read the details.

Even in Nigeria, you can't handle your kid like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 9:52pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:

Okay then two wrongs makes it right? Again I repeat, knowing fully well the type of country they are located in, did she fully consider the consequences? The man was foolish I accept but now that he is in jail is the family happier?
Do you live in diaspora? then you should know how these things work. One parent has to bear the consequence. It was either her or the man.
The moment that child returned to school, the school will take up the matter due to the marks on his body. Yes, schools check the bodies of kids for marks. If they find a mark, they take the kid in for questioning. Child services/police will be contacted, and then the parents would be taken in for questioning. As long as those marks are visible, there is no running away. It was either her or the man taking the fall.
Would you have preferred it to be the woman going to jail?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Octopusssy(f): 9:52pm On May 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
today flogging a child is considered abuse, even though majority of us are great human beings today because of these same "abuse"... so make sure that you A) have kids with a woman who follow your school of thought and B) live in a country where flogging is allowed-

no wonder kids in the UK (and all over the world) are now out of control!
It's quite shameful, really

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by olisaEze(m): 9:55pm On May 15, 2023
As you consider countries to japa to, also consider their laws and how it affects your self worth as a family man. This man forgot himself totally and didn’t consider that his wife was brought up in a different culture. Oh, woe to ye male inhabitants of the earth for these are the days of the pseudo-amazons, the worshippers of the feminine goddess, Hecate, spreading their gospel of feminism. For they come with a heart of fiery vengeance against the innocent male folk of the West African province. Fury against escapees of bad governance who are innocent of the years of these sophists repression or their mental conditioning. They want to people the earth with effeminate men, oh, woe to ye men who don’t understand that japa doesn’t solve all, but rather only presents new hurdles. undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Sonyboom: 9:55pm On May 15, 2023
I know foolish people like you must comment, what part doing your work is not talking to the kid yet he refused to but instead carry computer game de play but I understand if you are destined to be foolish nothing can stop you from being exceedingly foolish.

jackcanfield:
Someone is relocating to Nigeria soon with his Son ..( Nigeria parents sha ....when no be malu they born ... Talk to a kid once above 9 years old. ) Make he call Nigeria Police.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by abbey621(m): 9:56pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So long as one does not die from abuse —irrespective of the physical and psychological toll that inflicts on the child— it is to be overlooked? Kind of like the Nigerian police flogging citizens is Ok so long as their victims dont die, abi? undecided

If your parent physically disciplining you is considered abuse then 90% of Nigerian kids are abused and guess what? Overall they are still much more well behaved than American or European kids.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On May 15, 2023
SavageResponse:
Must you over-indulge a wayward kid?
How does resorting to not flogging a child amount to over-indulging him? undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 15, 2023
webcrafty:

To find the answer to your question, I suggest you one day visit UK as a teacher and experience their kids in first hand.
The reason UK and indeed the west is better than Nigeria and most African Nations, is not because of their kids, it's because of a system built (no small thanks to years of other nation's exploits of course).

But bliv me, not all that glitter is gold... Most UK residents are wishing they could somehow escape living there.
We all always say Children are the Leaders of tomorrow,,
but we in Nigeria always train our Children well, but Nigeria is still a Shithole?
While the UK always train der children to be Dumb and Mumu as u say,,
In the next 50yrs,, dis Dumb and untrained kids you ar Insultin will be doin well in de Government in UK

Guy try de get Civilization
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:57pm On May 15, 2023
richmond500:
I have a video of a woman beating her 3year old child.
As in ehn, the video was gory as she just deh use the pikin head deh nak for wall.
You see ehn, when you givepeople a chance to discipline the child, they can go extra miles by abusing the child, so it's better to completely make beating illegal.
If you can't use words to train a child, then you are a failure as a parent.
If this generation of Nigerians that insults their patents were really flogged, then the flogging didn't do anything

the above is as stupid (no offense) as saying that because some people drive drunk and kill people, we should ban driving altogether.
YES some parents are abusive to their kids but, educating a child through mild corporal punishment is not abuse.

correctguy101:
No mind them. Later one of these dolts will kih himself trying to do TikTok challenge.
Their leaders know most of their population are total eediots.
But the boy never offend reach na. The man blood too hot, he's a typical African man...
We wey dey play our parents street back then. .. the beating when we were caught no be here.. shocked How about when I was caught learning to smoke [ tasted almost all the brands then] ...

a child has to learn somehow someway, so when you tell your child DONT DO something, and they knowingly go and do it, then you have to show that child that your words should be respected/followed. even a gentle smack upside the head would leave marks on that child's body...thus can get you arrested.

sadly, in todays world, it pains these kids more if you take away their gadgets than beating them black and blue. the father should have just unplugged that Playstation or whatever it was and throw it through the window... play these kids at their own yeye game. problem solved!

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 15, 2023
RaptorX:
The UK being better than Nigeria is subjective.
Keep deceiving urself
but we in Nigeria always train our Children well, but Nigeria is still a Shithole?
In the next 50yrs,, dis Dumb and untrained kids you ar Insultin will be doin well in de UK Government

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:
■ If your parent physically disciplining you is considered abuse then 90% of Nigerian kids are abused and guess what?
■ Overall they are still much more well behaved than American or European kids.
1. The abuse ended in my case at 14 after I angrily tried to throw my dad and myself down the stairs while he was attempting to punish me yet again. I was already emotionally battered by it all by then. I am certain there are many such cases of teenagers fighting their parents back that you know of. undecided

2. That is a rubbish conclusion abeg! undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Sonyboom: 9:58pm On May 15, 2023
Foolish n senseless comment many for NL I swear. How many children was beaten that became dumb from your neighborhood primary secondary to university if you have graduated ? Una go open foolish mouth make foolish comment without caution.

richmond500:
while flogging is legal, it makes most children dumb.
Some parents will physically abuse the child until the child breaks down.
So it's normal to criminalize flogging as a whole

2 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Octopusssy(f): 9:58pm On May 15, 2023
cococandy:

If a parent needs to beat their children for them to respect them , then they never had control over them in the first place.

Our kids even when they are stubborn and disobedient (which is normal) still need to be able to have respect for us without the threat of violence. Your kids need to be able to look at , your presence, the way you carry yourself etc and feel a sense of respect and reverence for you. If violence is the only way to get that from them, there are baseline issues that need to be resolved
Coco leave English. Beating is part of the installer of respect. If you do anyhow you go collect
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Pat081: 9:59pm On May 15, 2023
If I am the man after spending jail time and am out I will b nice to all of them for some months or years after some time I will find a way of getting them to Nigeria to teach them a lesson they will never forget in their life

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by cococandy(f): 10:00pm On May 15, 2023
Octopusssy:

Coco leave English. Beating is part of the installer of respect. If you do anyhow you go collect

To the extent that the child is bruised?
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shokoloko(f): 10:00pm On May 15, 2023
Octopusssy:

See below actions of Nigerian kids who were beaten and had respect installed in them. Violence begets violence.

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by cococandy(f): 10:01pm On May 15, 2023
There’s no way a gentle smack is leaving bruises on a kid. Be for real. Unless your definition of gentle is different
MrBrownJay1:

the above is as stupid (no offense) as saying that because some people drive drunk and kill people, we should ban driving altogether.
YES some parents are abusive to their kids but, educating a child through mild corporal punishment is not abuse.

a child has to learn somehow someway, so when you tel your child DONT DO something, and they knowingly go and do it, then you have to show that child that your words should be respected/followed. even a gentle smack upside the head would leave marks on that child's body...thus can get you arrested.

sadly, in todays world, it pains these kids more if you take away their gadgets than beating them black and blue. the father should have just unplugged that Playstation or whatever it was and throw it through the window... problem solved!
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:02pm On May 15, 2023
etrange:
Nigerians still flog kids and yet the country is a breeding ground for scammers, drug traffickers, skull miners, hookup girls, etc. Even the so-called decent ones can hardly have a conversation with you on here without it degenerating into total indecorousness. We say we respect elders but it's all on the surface. Judging from what I see here, I believe you're far more likely to have an insult-free argument with a kid raised in Canada than with the boys and girls of Nairaland. So I ask, what has flogging done for us? If many of you turned out good like you said, I seriously doubt it was because of the flogging.

The issue with flogging is not that it's totally bad for parents to discipline thier kids. The issue is that when you allow it, it becomes very difficult to moderate. This is because when people hit their kids, it's mostly out of anger. It's not always a pre-planned disciplinary action. And because hitting kids is allowed, nobody will raise an eyebrow until it's too late. Children are, therefore, left at mercy of people with varying temperaments. Even the wicked madams/ogas get away with maltreating other people's children while hiding behind discipline. We end up raising angry, hardened and cold people who can't feel the pains of others.

I personally believe flogging is a tactics used by lazy people who don't have the time to put in the work or people who were flogged by their parents. Otherwise, if you start very early enough to cultivate the habit of respect into your kids, you'll hardly get to the point where you'll need to hit them.

#Opinion

as i said earlier, there is a big difference between abuse and corporal punishment... and as much as some parent are evil abusers, thats not the majority of parents. in most case, the 1st time you flog your child, he/she learn their lesson and start to listen to their parents.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by webcrafty: 10:03pm On May 15, 2023
Lewisjohnson:

In the next 50yrs,, dis Dumb and untrained kids you ar Insultin will be doin well in de Government in UK

Check well my man. Most people making UK function today are foreigners/immigrants not the "knife wielding youths they are breeding".

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2023
cococandy:
There’s no way a gentle smack is leaving bruises on a kid. Be for real. Unless your definition of gentle is different

i didnt say bruises, i say a mark.... aka swelling/reddish of the skin (especially if that child is mixed)
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:04pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:

A wise man once said, everybody has a plan until you get punched in the jaw! I'll keep referring to the American way of raising a child vs the African way, with all things equal, you cannot possibly say just talking or communicating gets the job done, evidence points to otherwise, from drug abuse to juvenile sex and gun violence.

Kids needs to understand Newton's third law of motion, ACTIONS & CONSEQUENCES! For most people it involves communicating that if you behave well there are rewards, if you misbehave there are consequences. Consequences can vary just as rewards, a child that knows that the worst you can do is take away their privilege such as phone, going outside etc., that child can determine that the risk is worth it but a child that knows that wa fe ku ni ale yi(Serious flogging) if he or she misbehaves, OMO that fear alone keeps them within boundaries until they are 18, after 18 he or she can do whatever!

These are not just words, these are time tested way of raising children and it is evident when we compare the stat of children abroad to children in Nigeria with all things equal, the average Nigerian kid will dust the average American or British kid in terms of education, discipline and overall morality! Until this changes, I'll prefer the wisdom of experience over cheap talk!

i agree with you on action and consequences the problem with most africans, we dont explain in details, therefore our kids dont understand their own action

eg a child sometimes is not allowed to explain his/her action becoz s/he is not allowed to explain him/her regardless his/her point of view is useless

untill us parent let out children explain i their own reasoning we will never understand how they think and u will able to guide them based on their individual thinking

unfortunately most african cultures doesnt allow children to explain themselves regardless whether they make sense or not

the most common phrase used by children o the western is " why" therlir asking for your reason/s

the ideak is
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Elsueno: 10:04pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The man will be lucky if he can come near those kids after serving time in jail, this as he continues to pay for their welfare from wherever he ends up. He messed up big time. undecided

Why would he even wanna come near a kids who willingly threw him in jail?.. in fact I would be happy if I never see any of them in my life..as for child support?, nothing do, I go pay am, after all it's my responsibility as father till they rich adulthood & I cut them off permanently!
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Octopusssy(f): 10:04pm On May 15, 2023
cococandy:

To the extent that the child is bruised?

I agree that some parents cross the line between discipline and abuse, but overall mild corporal punishment is one of the effective ways to keep a naughty child in line. Even the bible says in the book of Proverbs that "foolishness is bound in the heart of a child but the rod of correction will drive it far from him".
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by cococandy(f): 10:05pm On May 15, 2023
If you are intelligent you’d know that bruising is an indication of injury underneath the skin. Meaning it could be internal bleeding, hairline fracture, punctured ribs/lungs. An open wound with the bleeding controlled is far better than bruising because at least you know what you’re dealing with.

Don’t be ignorant and try to tell someone else they are unintelligent. You sound moronic when you do that.

Sonyboom:
Must some of you comment like you are not intelligent ? What brusies could kill a 15 year old ? Brusies o not wound or broken bones.

The wife was deliberate in her action n my grudge is with her, the child did not die while she was away after all.

So long no form of support will be required from me while am in jail 3 years go finish now now now.

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Sonyboom: 10:05pm On May 15, 2023
I stopped my dad beating me when I showed him I can slam him with my step mom shouting but still in support of flogging but with caution not with this European style of jailing parent. The worse that should happen here is a warning or at worse community service. It as to be crazy if flogging one child is categorize as a criminal offense when you there is every prove of being a responsible parent. I pay your tuition, feed house n provide all your needs from A - Z n a system criminalizes disciplining over a obvious wrong doing that you have been warned about, that can't be right.

Kobojunkie:
The abuse ended in my case at 14 after I angrily tried to throw my dad and myself down the stairs while he was attempting to punish me yet again. I was already emotionally battered by it all by then. I am certain there are many such cases of teenagers fighting their parents back that you know of. undecided

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by billyG(m): 10:06pm On May 15, 2023
THIS IS MADNESS!
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by abbey621(m): 10:06pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The abuse ended in my case at 14 after I angrily tried to throw my dad and myself down the stairs while he was attempting to punish me yet again. I was already emotionally battered by it all by then. I am certain there are many such cases of teenagers fighting their parents back that you know of. undecided

You must be one heavyweight or perhaps your dad no get weight.......We all know that parents can over do things at times but to throw away the entire notion of physical discipline just because of that makes no damn sense!
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by JohnBullMySon: 10:08pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:

Funny.....Upon all the talking and loving, being their friend and having an open mind, guess what? Kids living in the USA and the UK are 50 times more disobedient and wayward than Nigerian kids, this is pure undiluted fact! When all things are equal in terms of shelter, food and attention, Nigerian kids are angelic compared to those American kids calling their mom and dad, Joe & Betty!

Let's forget 9ja and focus on black Americans, households where at least one parent is a disciplinarian are often better off than one without a disciplined parent. You'll hear a black kid tell his friends, "my mama don't play that, big mama will slap you upside your head if you misbehave!"
Exaggerated stories. People calling their parents by their first names may not even be up to 5 percent. Do you have any examples? Adults yes but not parents.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Sonyboom: 10:09pm On May 15, 2023
What you wrote here proves you are brain dead, no point enlightening your foolishness any further.

Injury under the skin..lol
I guess you have no idea what internal bleeding entails so I leave you to delude yourself, hairline fracture 😂😂😂😂

Bruises now equal punctured ribs n lungs
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
You beta go open a joke factory.

cococandy:
If you are intelligent you’d know that bruising is an indication of injury underneath the skin. Meaning it could be internal bleeding, hairline fracture, punctured ribs/lungs. An open wound with the bleeding controlled is far better than bruising because at least you know what you’re dealing with.

Don’t be ignorant and try to tell someone else they are it intelligent. You sound moronic when you do that.

2 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Fuckyoumod: 10:09pm On May 15, 2023
cococandy:
Clearly the hospital reported the man not the wife.
All healthcare workers are mandatory reporters. If you suspect abuse you’re required to report it.
The bruises on him required them to report it.

Unless you’re saying the mom shouldn’t have taken the boy to the hospital. What if he’d died? Then y’all would have still blamed her for not taking care of her kid.

All the man had to do (if he’s so bent on physically punishing the kid) was to do it in a non violent way and not cause him bruises and injuries.

did your father not flog you?

So your papa for chop 3 years for flogging you?
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Otogah: 10:09pm On May 15, 2023
Ireportlive:
Na why their kids are wayward
wayward but controlling us

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by abbey621(m): 10:09pm On May 15, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

i agree with you on action and consequences the problem with most africans, we dont explain in details, therefore our kids dont understand their own action

eg a child sometimes is not allowed to explain his/her action becoz s/he is not allowed to explain him/her regardless his/her point of view is useless

untill us parent let out children explain i their own reasoning we will never understand how they think and u will able to guide them based on their individual thinking

unfortunately most african cultures doesnt allow children to explain themselves regardless whether they make sense or not

the most common phrase used by children o the western is " why" therlir asking for your reason/s

the ideak is

I agree with you to an extent, some things do not need explanation such as skipping school, drugs, juvenile sex and so on. The way the world is going, kids are getting bolder and bolder, parents must learn to balance the western way of parenting with our traditional African methods, otherwise these kids would have no future to look forward to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Father Asked His Son To Have A Haircut. Then The Son Did This (Photos) / See What I Killed In My Room(pictured) / Woman Impregnated Twice By Her Twin Brother Insists On Marrying Him (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.