Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son (61262 Views)

Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? / Ogidi Youths Flog Man After He Was Filmed Flogging, Boxing, And Kicking His Mom / Adekunle Okunuga Suspended As A Doctor In 2015 For Flogging Son In UK Reinstated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by cococandy(f): 10:10pm On May 15, 2023
Octopusssy:

I agree that some parents cross the line between discipline and abuse, but overall mild corporal punishment is one of the effective ways to keep a naughty child in line. Even the bible says in the book of Proverbs that "foolishness is bound in the heart of a child but the rod of correction will drive it far from him".

Not a literal rod. But I don’t want to have a theological discussion today.

However on the topic, we are in agreement that parents cross the line between corporal punishment and physical abuse. But who’s regulating it? Who’s there to tell them hey now it’s not longer discipline it’s abuse. We all know of that wicked madam who hit someone else’s kid and the kid suffered bruises all over. We all agree that it’s evil and wicked. Why is it excusable when the parents do it to their own kids

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On May 15, 2023
Sonyboom:
I stopped my dad beating me when I showed him I can slam him with my step mom shouting but still in support of flogging but with caution
■ not with this European style of jailing parent. The worse that should happen here is a warning or at worse community service. It as to be crazy if flogging one child is categorize as a criminal offense when you there is every prove of being a responsible parent.
■ I pay your tuition, feed house n provide all your needs from A - Z n a system criminalizes disciplining over a obvious wrong doing that you have been warned about, which can't be right.
1. Do you even understand what it takes to get a child to the point of him doing what you did? The reason you revolted in such a way was because of the psychological toll all that flogging had taken on you. No child should have to get to that point at all. For a long time after that day at age 14, I walked around with guilt after what I had tried to do to my dad. It was not easy at all. undecided

2. The system out in much of the developed world is in order to prevent kids from getting pushed to the point where they slam a parent or even think it is OK to kill them in order to be free of or end the abuse. undecided

3. If you are not willing to step out of your will, then best you remain in Nigeria because people are being widely sensitized about these things out in the West and they are not going to turn a blind eye to your rudeness as far as their society and rules. undecided

3 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by frugal(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
today flogging a child is considered abuse, even though majority of us are great human beings today because of these same "abuse"... so make sure that you A) have kids with a woman who follow your school of thought and B) live in a country where flogging is allowed-

no wonder kids in the UK (and all over the world) are now out of control!

All the ones we flogged yesterday are the ones now looting our country dry today grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Fuckyoumod: 10:14pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The man will be lucky if he can come near those kids after serving time in jail, this as he continues to pay for their welfare from wherever he ends up. He messed up big time. undecided
after jail time, my advice to him is to sell off his properties and relocate to Nigeria.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by ModCaller: 10:18pm On May 15, 2023
techbroX:
Well, it seems more like abuse than beating cos he was reported to have beaten his kid with a "metal stick."

At the same time, the mother and the child should be ready to take care of themselves without the husband because that man may not forget that incarceration... It's not gonna be easy to reconcile after 3 years in prison. embarassed

Beating is abuse. That your forefathers have been doing it doesn't make it right
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:18pm On May 15, 2023
frugal:
All the ones we flogged yesterday are the ones now looting our country dry today grin

you people are mistaking something fundamental here....just because you flogged a child doesnt mean he will end up the best citizen out there, it just means that WHILE LIVING UNDER YOUR ROOF, THEY WILL OBEY YOUR HOUSE RULES AND REGULATIONS!

majority of us didnt end up as looters, did we?!

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 15, 2023
ModCaller:

Beating is abuse. That your forefathers have been doing it doesn't make it right

What's your problem? Why the nasty comment about your forefathers? undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:
■ You must be one heavyweight or perhaps your dad no get weight.......We all know that parents can over do things at times but to throw away the entire notion of physical discipline just because of that makes no damn sense!
Compared to other parents, my parents were mild. Physical abuse leaves scars and each person handles them differently is all. Flogging a child does not necessarily mean that child would turn out right — that much I know a lot about — nor does it guarantee said a child would grow into a responsible human being. A lot of folks who were raised harsher than I was didn't out so well, as a matter of fact, I am glad I fought back when I did as I am at least not clouded at this point in my life as many of them remain. undecided

So, if it produces results that aren't necessarily better than not flogging at all, what is the point of it? undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by ModCaller: 10:21pm On May 15, 2023
TUANKU:
That's why there's a shortage of primary school teachers in the UK, children with almost zero respect for adults.

Beating someone to make him respect you is called oppression, not discipline

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by cococandy(f): 10:21pm On May 15, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
did your father not flog you?

So your papa for chop 3 years for flogging you?

He did. And no he didn’t go to jail because obviously…

And before you ask, no the beating didn’t help me in any way.

I also think 3 years in jail is a bit excessive. Just as his punishment to the kid was excessive
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On May 15, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
after jail time, my advice to him is to sell off his properties and relocate to Nigeria.
Sell what property again? undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On May 15, 2023
ModCaller:
■ Beating someone to make him respect you is called oppression, not discipline
No be wetin police dey do Nigerians every day be that? grin
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by abbey621(m): 10:23pm On May 15, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Exaggerated stories. People calling their parents by their first names may not even be up to 5 percent. Do you have any examples? Adults yes but not parents.

It is more common than you know especially in USA households with over 80 million children, the percentage might be 5% like you said but 5% of 50 million(80 million minus orphans, those living with grandparents, uncles etc) is what? 2.5 million, that is 2.5 million kids calling their parents, Betty & Joe! In the 70s it was virtually non existent but nowadays it is seen as signs of emancipation for being a cool parent.

[url]https://www.phillytrib.com/commentary/backintheday/back-in-the-day-calling-your-parents-by-their-first-names-is-a-no-no/article_9407332a-52e4-5add-b17d-a9ddd98b9e88.html#:~:text=Some%20children%20call%20their%20parents,want%20a%20less%20formal%20relationship.[/url]
https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/parents-names/
https://www.metroparent.com/parenting/oh-mother/kids-call-parents-by-their-first-names/
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/calling-parent-by-first-name_b_1453337
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by cococandy(f): 10:23pm On May 15, 2023
Sonyboom:
What you wrote here proves you are brain dead, no point enlightening your foolishness any further.

Injury under the skin..lol
I guess you have no idea what internal bleeding entails so I leave you to delude yourself, hairline fracture 😂😂😂😂

Bruises now equal punctured ribs n lungs
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
You beta go open a joke factory.

Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by abbey621(m): 10:27pm On May 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Compared to other parents, my parents were mild. Physical abuse leaves scars and each person handles them differently is all. Flogging a child does not necessarily mean that child would turn out right — that much I know a lot about — nor does it guarantee said a child would grow into a responsible human being. A lot of folks who were raised harsher than I was didn't out so well, as a matter of fact, I am glad I fought back when I did as I am at least not clouded at this point in my life as many of them remain. undecided

So, if it produces results that aren't necessarily better than not flogging at all, what is the point of it? undecided

Are you speaking from the point of view of majority or are you just cherry-picking the cases that it didn't turn out right? I always like to look at things from a more complete point of view. I know I might sound like a broken record but overall when all things are equal, Nigerian kids are still more disciplined than American kids.

Good or bad, the flogging kept most of us from experimenting our wild tendencies as kids or teenagers. It is a brain resetting mechanism that works wonderfully well when implemented properly with due moderation.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by godwon01(m): 10:29pm On May 15, 2023
A lot of Nigerian are very useless in the UK ,because of their children. They can not work due to child cruelty they were been accused of. Nigerian children misbehave in the house because they have been brain washed that their parents can not beat them. Some Nigerian were regretting bringing their kids to the UK. It is difficult to send them back home.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by godliman: 10:30pm On May 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
today flogging a child is considered abuse, even though majority of us are great human beings today because of these same "abuse"... so make sure that you A) have kids with a woman who follow your school of thought and B) live in a country where flogging is allowed-

Flogging a child is child abuse, confusing a child to do gender transitioning by surgery and hormone swap is not abuse but child's right, this people are cursed

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:
■ Are you speaking from the point of view of majority or are you just cherry-picking the cases that it didn't turn out right? I always like to look at things from a more complete point of view. I know I might sound like a broken record but overall when all things are equal, Nigerian kids are still more disciplined than American kids.
Good or bad, the flogging kept most of us from experimenting our wild tendencies as kids or teenagers. It is a brain resetting mechanism that works wonderfully well when implemented properly with due moderation.
1. There is no evidence for any of the claims you keep making in your desperate attempts to compare Nigerian kids to American kids, so die that nonsense altogether. undecided

As for the former, well, my folks stopped hitting me at 14, as I previously explained, however, I have friends whose parents did not stop until even their 20s. Many of them rebelled eventually going down the wrong path. Most of them even to this day are still spinning wheels as far as who they are mentally.

2. Yet again, there is no evidence of this at all. It is simply a myth you have been fed that you lot hold to without really reasoning for yourselves. undecided
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On May 15, 2023
godwon01:
■ A lot of Nigerian are very useless in the UK ,because of their children. They can not work due to child cruelty they were been accused of. Nigerian children misbehave in the house because they have been brain washed that their parents can not beat them. Some Nigerian were regretting bringing their kids to the UK. It is difficult to send them back home.
Are Nigerians the only ones with kids in the UK for crying out loud? undecided

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:35pm On May 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

The man beat his son with a metal rod then lied on his wife, not caring if she went to jail for false reports.
What you’re telling us is that beating kids so bad with objects like metal rods that land them in the hospital with injuries produces ‘great human beings’ which I refuse to believe. Those kinds of beatings produce children that grow into angry, hostile adults with PTSD who go on to abuse their kids.

2 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:36pm On May 15, 2023
anthonyuncle:
partners should really have an agreement on how to be disciplining their children before marriage.

Partners should also agree that they won’t lie and blame each other for things that can send them to jail like this man tried doing to his wife. He told police that she was lying to them and he would’ve been fine if she would’ve gone to jail.

1 Like

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:38pm On May 15, 2023
madridguy:
So one cannot beat him pinkin again ? Oyinbo country and their funny law grin

You think laws that prohibit adults from beating 9 year olds with metal rods like cattle and causing injuries that require hospital visits are funny laws?

2 Likes

Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:39pm On May 15, 2023
techbroX:
Well, it seems more like abuse than beating cos he was reported to have beaten his kid with a "metal stick."

At the same time, the mother and the child should be ready to take care of themselves without the husband because that man may not forget that incarceration... It's not gonna be easy to reconcile after 3 years in prison. embarassed

Again, this so called man lied to the police and said that his wife, who was away visiting her older son, was lying to police. He tried sending her to jail so if she takes him back when he is released then she is crazy.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by JohnBullMySon: 10:40pm On May 15, 2023
abbey621:

It is more common than you know especially in USA households with over 80 million children, the percentage might be 5% like you said but 5% of 50 million(80 million minus orphans, those living with grandparents, uncles etc) is what? 2.5 million, that is 2.5 million kids calling their parents, Betty & Joe! In the 70s it was virtually non existent but nowadays it is seen as signs of emancipation for being a cool parent.

[url]https://www.phillytrib.com/commentary/backintheday/back-in-the-day-calling-your-parents-by-their-first-names-is-a-no-no/article_9407332a-52e4-5add-b17d-a9ddd98b9e88.html#:~:text=Some%20children%20call%20their%20parents,want%20a%20less%20formal%20relationship.[/url]
https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/parents-names/
https://www.metroparent.com/parenting/oh-mother/kids-call-parents-by-their-first-names/
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/calling-parent-by-first-name_b_1453337
If it has to be in the news then it is not common. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's not common as you say.

Let's even assume it is common, it does not automatically mean disrespect. It depends on the context.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by matm: 10:43pm On May 15, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

The kids over there carry guns to school and shoot teachers and their fellow children, and u dare not touch them.
That's really a curse on the whites from God, as they raise monsters who cause them sleepless night.
No one can be wiser than God who said, spare the rod and spoil the child.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Shimran(m): 10:44pm On May 15, 2023
pyyxxaro:
Obodoyibo

If not for Water Cane , I wonder what I would have turned into cool

After there don use cane massage my yansh finish way back , there go come bath me , rub powder for my neck grin

WATER-CANE MIGWOO

grin grin grin
Laff wan kill me
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by KingPure(m): 10:44pm On May 15, 2023
Less we forget, since it seems you like dancing alone to songs that make the black man appear like Lucifer. I really want to believe that snatching ballot boxes is way less harmful than going on a shooting spree against peeps who are barely part of the craze that jumped on the shooter, which is becoming rampant in the Western world more than ever.

Every nation is blessed, almost no nation on earth is cursed, only the people is left with the power of choice for sustainable development. Let no man deceive no one here, 90% of Nigerians in the UK, and other 'safe' haven today were once bruised with cane either at home or in school, yet they grew thick skin to become a better version of themselves in the respective nations they now found succour. So snatching ballot boxes or becoming a better citizenry are two different parallel lines running based on the individual choices. One can be punished and still end up a serious criminal.

Mindlog:

But they don't turn out as youths that snatch ballot boxes nor into ritual killings to make money....over the decades, it has always been said, they are wayward but some of them are today, the adults running their economy that many Nigerians who were better raised are doing everything possible to relocate to!
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:46pm On May 15, 2023
eddynaira125:
Since the mother is from Nigeria, I think they would have settle this issue amicably within their self

I can never allow my wife to go to prison no matter her offense, I will do everything within my power even though it will cost heavily, I believe that there are other ways for me to pass out the purnishment

Though from the write up the woman is tire of the marriage, but she is looking for a better avenue to silent the man, which have finally come to pass,

Bravo 👏👏👏👏

And to the child, welcome to a world of waywardness, you will be wayward to the fullest

In the nearest future, that child will either kill the mother or the soon to be Step Father

The mother finally die of HBP or body shaming which will be duly carry out by Nigerians within her Neighborhood

The man will gain freedom, and return to a place of freedom and happiness

Do you know the size of a 9 year old? A man who beats a child that size with metal rods so bad that the child winds up in the hospital days later with its and bruises also abuses his wife and the story said there was evidence of abuse with the other children so I if his wife was tired of being married to such a monster, I understand why.
He’s been beating those children for a while and the child still disobeyed their orders about the computer so that tells us that beatings weren’t working to begin with, doesn’t it?
The man will be an ex-convict once released and I really pray that he’s deported. If he isn’t, he’ll have hell finding a job because of his criminal record and rightfully so.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by stonedlive(m): 10:47pm On May 15, 2023
"Well, it seems more like abuse than beating cos he was reported to have beaten his kid with a "metal stick."

At the same time, the mother and the child should be ready to take care of themselves without the husband because that man may not forget that incarceration... It's not gonna be easy to reconcile after 3 years in prison."

did i hear you say reconcile with an african man after you as the wife cooperated with oyinbo peple to rob him of 3 years of his life... i laugh in greek.. reconcile ko ... they are on their own for the rest of their lives.. the UK govt will need to find a new husband for her and a new father for the son.... they will not see the man again after he comes out of jail ooo...lol
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by matm: 10:50pm On May 15, 2023
madridguy:
So one cannot beat him pinkin again ? Oyinbo country and their funny law grin

They claim to be respecters of human rights.In other words, they claim to be more humane than God.
They accept and respect every thing that they feel make one happy like homo,Lesbianism, sex with animals, marriage with trees, nudity in public places, and lack of discipline of kids.
What a debauchery!!!
Africans need to take d gospel back to the whites.
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by olaniyilukman(m): 10:51pm On May 15, 2023
Ireportlive:
Na why their kids are wayward
Hypocrite at higher level, and Nigerian kids are responsible, laugh my ass out... We can't just continue with our primitive ways of instilling discipline in our children,we abuse them physically and we tag it as discipline, we continue maltreating ourselves as slaves and we expect white people to start respecting us, it is not done that way, you will learn how to respect yourself before other people will start respecting you...
Re: London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 15, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Again, this so called man lied to the police and said that his wife, who was away visiting her older son, was lying to police. He tried sending her to jail so if she takes him back when he is released then she is crazy.

Hmm... Guess the family is broken then. So much for "till death do us part"... So sad! cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Missing 20-Year-Old Precious Leonard Found In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (Pictures) / Father Asked His Son To Have A Haircut. Then The Son Did This (Photos) / See What I Killed In My Room(pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.