Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? (35602 Views)

My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 9:05pm On May 16, 2023
Madam, leave that guy o. No underrate am. Him go boom big odds soon, no fear. See ehn, I almost won 25M last night with MrFelix draws if not for a late goal that casted the game. And I had a cash out of 2M, I didn't take it. I let greed take over. Tell him to follow MrFelix on Twitter and you shall smile soon. If to say I cash out that money, shebi I for dash you like 100k make you take hold your side.

Mafor, e go make sense soon. Na my own advice be that. grin

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by phemmyfour: 9:05pm On May 16, 2023
destiny4luv:

Sorry for ur present predicament, well I was once a strong victim of gambling, my wife and I always have strong misunderstanding in that regard, but my wife on the other hand instead of arguing always she puts everything in prayers and find ways to talk to me in the most polite way. I didn't quit all of a sudden it was a gradual process. Though to be sincere I play game once in a while but not an addict anymore, just for fun. Adopt same and stop fighting him. All the best.
Somebody will soon go back to his old vomit

5 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by tonididdy(m): 9:05pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

I explained everything to my family and everyone including my mother, and they keep advicing me to stand on my feet and fight for my home, so long as they's no violence. That I shouldn't divorce my husband.
We always have heated argument, raising voice at each other.

My mother inlaw on the other hand, was crying on the phone. Telling me not to mention that name (divorce) ever again.
All the family members are not in support of divorce, but the main person I'm married to seems not to care at all.

He obviously refused to stop gambling away with any money that comes to his hand.
He presently have no job and he's owning a lot.

He's addicted and he's not making effort to stop. This is the root problem in my home. Because he exhibit all the wrong behavior as a result of this addiction.
Once he have any little money, his attitude, everything changed. He becomes scary. Until he finishes everything in betting, I wouldn't be able to talk to him and he will listen.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?
I'm using all my time to cry, qurrel and grieve here. Can't find myself.
I am not financially stable to make a move without my family's support.

If you think he's gonna quit 100%...sorry you are wishing for the impossible.

What you can do?
Cook a favorite meal of his.
Pamper him and bring up the topic nicely.
Ask that you manage how much he spends on gambling.

I hope usef do not get addicted lol.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Starz825(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:
I have prayed about it, I have calmly talked to him. I have cried severally on his shoulder and he promised to stop, I have shouted, done everything, but he's not willing to let go.

keep praying sis...

prayer isn't a one time thing...you must be consistent....be faithless but believing...

you are his God sent angel to save him

Now you can see clearly that ...this isn't him anymore...the unknown has taken over him...he's totally out of his mind...

help him get back to his feet ....via consistent prayers and constant admonitions...

thank you and God bless you and your family
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by danilho(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2023
rooftops:
My only advise to you right now is do everything within your power to put hold on child bearing so that if he doesn't change and you want to leave there will be less baggage.
How people don't get you can't beat this bet companies is what I don't get.
Every new season, there is always a new bet company sponsoring premier league on dstv, that is to show how much money those guys get. grin
. They can be beaten, with a good tips source and a well worked out staking strategy. Be disciplined, stick to your strategy and don’t stake when you don’t get tips from your source.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by tonididdy(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2023
osazsky:
U think nl is d best place to seek advise when 95 percent of people on nairaland Including me are gamblers.its like coming to report a thief to thieves wat do u want us to tell u now

Hahaha.... So accurate!

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by mordred44: 9:07pm On May 16, 2023
labake1:
God knows I hate men who gamble, smoke and drinks
iya oloja
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Praktikals1000: 9:07pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:
Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

I explained everything to my family and everyone including my mother, and they keep advicing me to stand on my feet and fight for my home, so long as they's no violence. That I shouldn't divorce my husband.

My mother inlaw on the other hand, was crying on the phone. Telling me not to mention that name (divorce) ever again.
All the family members are not in support of divorce, but the main person I'm married to seems not to care at all.

He obviously refused to stop gambling away with any money that comes to his hand.

He's addicted and he's not making effort to stop. This is the root problem in my home. Because he exhibit all the wrong behavior as a result of this addiction.
Once he have any little money, his attitude, everything changed. He becomes scary. Until he finishes everything in betting, I wouldn't be able to talk to him and he will listen.

What should I do? Where do I go that I wouldn't look like a disobedient person, dispite everyone's pleade?

If he wins millions today and he gives you a large chunk, wont you collect it? Instead of you to be praying for him to hit it big
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by ahnie: 9:07pm On May 16, 2023
Kobo of laive,leave her alone,when she gets tired she knows what to do.maybe she's looking for free money.

I remember vividly when she started this her epistles,we advised her to look for something to do,a user even gifted her 10k.if na woman wey get sense,she for use that 10k start something no matter how lil it's.

Most of us do not even put hope on our husbands,when there re kids to be fed,....she never ready.pride go do her something
Kobojunkie:
1. Why come on here to ask us what we think if at the end of the day, you don't get to decide what to do next with your own life — you leave it to others to decide for you? Since that is what you wish to do, then wholeheartedly embrace the shit that you are in jor! undecided

2. Since even as a grown-up you own others an explanation as far as how you do your own life, what can you do? Keep crying and waiting for something magical to happen. undecided

3. Commonsense in that would be to go find a job or any way to begin bringing in the income you need. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 9:08pm On May 16, 2023
labake1:

Shut up jor. But you can collect money from men that bet, abi?

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by osazsky(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2023
If he is out of work how does he gets cash to gamble With
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 9:09pm On May 16, 2023
Praktikals1000:

If he wins millions today and he gives you a large chunk, wont you collect it? Instead of you to be praying for him to hit it big

No mind am. Make she dey play. Madam, pray make your guy bet enter. No come here dey nag.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by isax(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2023
several persons have advised that you keep praying,I would say you stick to same.and have faith... Imagine what your husband would look like if he stops gambling and keep trusting God for that day to come. But if you want to continue moving around for different options good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Madups(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2023
Nor vex.. Are you married?
labake1:
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by macphilip: 9:10pm On May 16, 2023
Ma'am, you saw the red flags when you were dating him, but chose to ignore.

Anyway, which of these 4 vices below is the worst for a man?

Drinking
Smoking
Gambling
Womanizing
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by dododawa1: 9:11pm On May 16, 2023
For better for worst is marriage
You stayed when is HITTING gambling Wella then.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Ezedon(m): 9:11pm On May 16, 2023
Don't worry he will soon win 50 million
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by gaddafe(m): 9:11pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:

Madam the root cause of your problem is not gambling but that he doesn't have a job. A man that doesn't have a job doesn't think straight.

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Herberthansome: 9:11pm On May 16, 2023
[Go on your knees in prayer to God Almighty my dear. God solves all problems.quote author=Dearlove2me post=123174991]Is like I'm in a sound prof house shouting on top of my voice and no one is hearing me. It seems they don't even understand what I'm going through.

[/quote]
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by dododawa1: 9:12pm On May 16, 2023
For better for worst is marriage
You stayed when is HITTING gambling Wella then.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by isabi2lof: 9:12pm On May 16, 2023
You knew him to be a gambler before getting married to him , how can you get married to someone that sees gambling as a way of life.

There's no need of divorcing him , I don't think he will see another woman to fund his gambling lifestyle.

Your husband isn't a baby , you will just turn yourself to an old woman because of prayer and fasting, you can as well look away , leave him to himself.

Na because you no get money, na why you dey complain, money stops all bullshits .

Anybody wey him head no wan correct, make he or she stay for their papa house, I stress nobody, nobody stress's me .

When money comes tomorrow, he won't remember all your scarifices , how many times has he prayed for you ?

God will not come down from heaven to help anyone.

All these men asking you to pray , is because they're also gamblers like him .

I don't get is he a baby for crying out loud , oh my gosh , I don't even want to imagine things.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by stevnwigw1: 9:12pm On May 16, 2023
Have you tried getting him a job?
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Dshocker(m): 9:12pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:

Madam, i see your husband winning N45m with N100 bet in Sportybet.

Madam joy is coming.

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 9:13pm On May 16, 2023
omoadeleye:

One day he go boom millions oo, fear who never collect

Yes o.

He can never be unlucky for 365 days in a year. One day, one day.

4 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Herberthansome: 9:13pm On May 16, 2023
Go on your knees in prayer, God solves all problems .
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by ogascomax: 9:13pm On May 16, 2023
Dearlove2me:
I have prayed about it, I have calmly talked to him. I have cried severally on his shoulder and he promised to stop, I have shouted, done everything, but he's not willing to let go.

You have prayed so allow your prayer to work na. You want to answer your prayer yourself.

New Living Translation
Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance. Heb 6:12. The problem with modern marriage is that they want result now now. No more endurance or patient. They can't take what our parents took. My dad was a drunk for decades but not anymore.
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by SerikiFulani(m): 9:14pm On May 16, 2023
This year alone, I've lost 4.5million naira to Sportybet & BetNaija

Gambling is a terrible addiction 😩

Woe betide you if you don't have a reliable source of income or if you still struggling 🥲

I do it for fun but most times,some games/odds can be tempting.

Gambling is bad, please run from it.

6 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 9:15pm On May 16, 2023
Officialetila:
Take it easy with him,I own two houses and a car: I would’ve won 200m yesterday on draws if not the late minutes goal courtesy gambling

Same here. We gather dey.

MrFelix game, abi?
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by osazsky(m): 9:15pm On May 16, 2023
Have u tried joining him too in gambling..u fit just win change his life
Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Bewiseedet(m): 9:15pm On May 16, 2023
If there's any solution I'd like to know. I'm an addict too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by isabi2lof: 9:17pm On May 16, 2023
Herberthansome:
Go on your knees in prayer, God solves all problems .

Her knees are hurting her

2 Likes

Re: How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? by Honsla: 9:17pm On May 16, 2023
My advice might look stupid, but it's the best advice.

*Gambling is a very serious addiction, same as drugs.
I was once a chronic gambler (like we started bet9ja virtual gambling )
I tried all possible way to stop(prayers, visited a psychiatrist, took medication) but I couldn't stop. My social and academical life was dying gradually.

* solution to gambling
I learnt gambling is an habit caused by greed,
You use an addiction to stop another addiction.
Wake him in the middle of the night and compare him to his mate, let him see reasons to stop
Advice him to get an online skill (even if na yahoo sef) this will take most of his time and he will eventually stop gambling
It's over 3 years now since I stopped and don't ever feel like going back .
Time when person go use hustle for net, person go use am gamble, even the money when I person go use gamble if you use am run Fake ads for crypto, buy phishing log or card dating sites sef e go better.
Advice your husband to find another money making addiction

If he refused to stop divorce him asap
He never ready for life

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Annoying Thing A Visitor Did In Your House / My In-laws Are Making Me Get Tired OF MY Marriage / Nigerian Lady Gives Birth On Her Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.