Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) (69132 Views)

Scientists Discover Pencil-Sized Species Of Snake, Hiding In Plain Sight (Pics) / 'Dinosaur Of Turtle World': Monster-Sized Snapping Turtle Found In Florida (Pix) / Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by vannessa7(f): 10:39am On May 20, 2023
PotatoSalad:

They just added it to the movie to make it more dramatic.
Nobody said that.
Chineke! Nigerians!

The builder of the ship actually said it

1 Like

Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by xaggar(m): 11:03am On May 20, 2023
crackhouse:
As far back as 1900 oyibo has been using pop ceiling and we just started doing pop ceiling here in nigeria in year 2000s and it seems to us like the technology started just now meanwhile it started in 18th century. Truly We are miles away far from the whites. Just look the interior of titanic ship in 1909 when we were still in stone age in Africa..

The greatest comment of this thread goes to you!!!
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by thinkmoney(m): 11:04am On May 20, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

Well, God is mysterious.

He sacrificed 70, 000 men when David ignored his instruction to not number the men.

God can't be understood by our human reasoning.

You need to be Spirit to understand God.
Gods dealings with we humans is systematic. In the days before Christ God was seen to interfere and intervene very much physically especially in his physical possession-Israel then. He fought with thunders, caused fire to fall down from heaven and even at a time submerged the whole world in water. Now however, God has entered another dimension of relationship (he didn’t change mind you, but progressed to the next step) with humans. He now deals with us most in spiritual ways.
The Israelites where at the time of David to all intent and purpose David’s property. They could be made to pay for his shortcomings. However now, we are Jesus (the better King David property).
Cast your mind to the question Jesus asked the people of his days about the people that perished under a tower that fell. He asked them if it was there sin? We understand from his question and other Bible passages that we these days get caught up by randomness manifesting in different ways. Accident happens that are not in anyway Gods doings in our grossly imperfect and aged world today.
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by lollybizzu(m): 11:04am On May 20, 2023
GoldenJAT:
Make Oyibo try rest!! But assuming na only blacks de this world eh! So many mysteries will be left untouched.
We too value our lives!!

Whites value their lives more than us, it's their insatiable quest for knowledge that make them go on such adventures.

Fear is what is killing the black race and not value for life.

1 Like

Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by PotatoSalad(m): 11:22am On May 20, 2023
vannessa7:

The builder of the ship actually said it
You have Google. Look it up.
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by Joseph77200(m): 11:26am On May 20, 2023
God1000:
Wow, I remember watching that movie, this must be the largest underwater scanning project in history, thanks to researchers for giving us the clearer view of what happened in 1912.

Celine Dion even sang about it "my heart will go on"

Jack sacrificed his life for Rose, he died saving her.

The story of Jack and Rose was all fiction in the Titanic movie, in reality, what happened to the ship there was nothing like Jack and Rose, they only added that part in movie

The greatest love story of all time
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by Joseph77200(m): 11:28am On May 20, 2023
God1000:
Wow, I remember watching that movie, this must be the largest underwater scanning project in history, thanks to researchers for giving us the clearer view of what happened in 1912.

Celine Dion even sang about it "my heart will go on"

Jack sacrificed his life for Rose, he died saving her.

The greatest love story of all time

The story of Jack and Rose was all fiction in the Titanic movie, in reality, what happened to the ship there was nothing like Jack and Rose, they only added that part in movie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by BigBen23(m): 11:33am On May 20, 2023
Only if they builders never dared God...
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by Honchoslim16(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2023
wendixx:

Joh 16:2-4 AKJV 2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yes, the time comes, that whoever kills you will think that he does God service. 3 And these things will they do to you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, you may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not to you at the beginning, because I was with you.

Mat 24:9 AKJV Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and you shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Our God doesn't sleep, he does and predestines all things to His glory. The fact that Christians are killed even in church is not an accident. God knows that these things and more will happen, and has pre informed us. All to His glory.
Even your sky daddy will be ashamed of the bullsh!t you typed!

1 Like

Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by vannessa7(f): 11:38am On May 20, 2023
PotatoSalad:

You have Google. Look it up.

I have, it's confirmed, you should look it up yourself
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by PotatoSalad(m): 11:50am On May 20, 2023
vannessa7:

I have, it's confirmed, you should look it up yourself
However, there is no concrete evidence to support that Ismay actually uttered these exact words. The claim might be more of a legend or a dramatization that has persisted over time. Nevertheless, it is often used to illustrate the tragic irony surrounding the sinking of the supposedly unsinkable Titanic.

Culled from ChatGPT

You're welcome.
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by Semaj77(m): 11:57am On May 20, 2023
Righteousness2:
GOD ALMIGHTY allows humanity to see things as these so that those today will learn and know how to act.

I sincerely believe amongst other things, that the major thing that sunk the titanic sink was the bragging of the builder or the owner.

It was reported that After building the mighty and famous Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the ship would be. in reply to the question, Thomas said, ”Even GOD himself couldn’t sink the ship”.
The rest we know is History.

Reminds me of a certain Brazilian big politician, Tancredo Neves.
He bragged During his Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.
Indeed He got the votes but he fell sick a day before was made the president and died.

We must Fear, reverence and Honor GOD.
When you begin to see yourself as God or that you have it all. You make yourself a tool for God to deal with. And when God decides to deal with you, you are gone.

The ALMIGHTY is a Jealous GOD and does not share HIS glory with anybody.

Bleep you and God
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:42pm On May 20, 2023
thinkmoney:

Gods dealings with we humans is systematic. In the days before Christ God was seen to interfere and intervene very much physically especially in his physical possession-Israel then. He fought with thunders, caused fire to fall down from heaven and even at a time submerged the whole world in water. Now however, God has entered another dimension of relationship (he didn’t change mind you, but progressed to the next step) with humans. He now deals with us most in spiritual ways.
The Israelites where at the time of David to all intent and purpose David’s property. They could be made to pay for his shortcomings. However now, we are Jesus (the better King David property).
Cast your mind to the question Jesus asked the people of his days about the people that perished under a tower that fell. He asked them if it was there sin? We understand from his question and other Bible passages that we these days get caught up by randomness manifesting in different ways. Accident happens that are not in anyway Gods doings in our grossly imperfect and aged world today.

Yes, accidents and evil things happen today that are in no way God's doings.

That's why it's a pointless discussion engaging with people who say, where is your God when children are dying from hunger and war in so so & so.

Men are wicked & evil...and it's not God's prerogative to be running like an errand boy to reverse the freewill actions of men.

But even then, the God who destroyed men young & old repeatedly in the days of old, may also be the same God who allowed the Titanic to sink with the 1500 people who died with it.

I'm just saying to not disprove that possibility.

I'm curious about the 700+ who got saved. Mercy found them.

I wish there was a record of all of them.
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by thinkmoney(m): 3:23pm On May 20, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

Yes, accidents and evil things happen today that are in no way God's doings.

That's why it's a pointless discussion engaging with people who say, where is your God when children are dying from hunger and war in so so & so.

Men are wicked & evil...and it's not God's prerogative to be running like an errand boy to reverse the freewill actions of men.

But even then, the God who destroyed men young & old repeatedly in the days of old, may also be the same God who allowed the Titanic to sink with the 1500 people who died with it.

I'm just saying to not disprove that possibility.

I'm curious about the 700+ who got saved. Mercy found them.

I wish there was a record of all of them.

Ok... I agree with this your take now to a very large extent

1 Like

Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:46pm On May 20, 2023
thinkmoney:

Ok... I agree with this your take now to a very large extent

smiley
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by patorial(m): 3:50pm On May 20, 2023
Etranshub:
Another reminder that no matter how much power u think you have, do noy call God out or challenge him.

I make fantastic metal works

So God had to kill 1500 innocent people just to prove his superiority to one man?

Toxicity is really a thing o.
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by ACE1010: 4:08pm On May 20, 2023
This is an advice for each and everyone..... mind what you say because God cannot be mocked.
When one of the builders was asked how safe was the vessel? He responded "even God cannot sink it!!! The result is what we all are lamenting till today after 111 years
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by ACE1010: 4:10pm On May 20, 2023
This is an advice for each and everyone..... mind what you say because God cannot be mocked.
When one of the builders was asked how safe was the vessel? He responded thus "even God cannot sink it!!! The result is what we all are lamenting till today after 111 years .
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by macopolo: 7:17pm On May 20, 2023
socialmediaman:
It took me a while to realize that the popular titanic movie was not based on a true story. There was never a Jack Dawson or Rose DeWitt Bukater on the actual ship that sank.

Titanic was a true life mixed with fictions to make the film
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by babajero(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
-Experts took thousands of digital images to create an incredible 3D reconstruction of the famous shipwreck

-Study of the scans could reveal more about the mysteries surrounding the sinking on April 15 1912

-More than 1,500 people died and the wreck is deteriorating off the coast of Newfoundland, Canada

DAILY MAIL
What a shame, it took them 3 to 4 years to build such edifice in the early 90s while it takes Nigeria decades to build few kilometer bridges and substandard roads.
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by zedman1(m): 10:13pm On May 20, 2023
Righteousness2:
GOD ALMIGHTY allows humanity to see things as these so that those today will learn and know how to act.

I sincerely believe amongst other things, that the major thing that sunk the titanic sink was the bragging of the builder or the owner.

It was reported that After building the mighty and famous Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the ship would be. in reply to the question, Thomas said, ”Even GOD himself couldn’t sink the ship”.
The rest we know is History.

Reminds me of a certain Brazilian big politician, Tancredo Neves.
He bragged During his Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.
Indeed He got the votes but he fell sick a day before was made the president and died.

We must Fear, reverence and Honor GOD.
When you begin to see yourself as God or that you have it all. You make yourself a tool for God to deal with. And when God decides to deal with you, you are gone.

The ALMIGHTY is a Jealous GOD and does not share HIS glory with anybody.
Eheen, I was expecting someone to come up with that line "God himself couldn't sink the ship" as the cause of the wreck. I thought you've fled Nairaland but as usual, you don't disappoint. Now, so God chose to KILL THAT LARGE NUMBER on the ship because of a careless statement made by JUST ONE PERSON?? What about stories of vehicles conveying people going for crusades or some other church functions all getting killed by accidents? Who caused that one? I really do not understand the kind of god you people preach about. He must be extremely wicked, unlike the God we're told is full of love and compassion.
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by Etranshub(m): 9:05am On May 22, 2023
sweetkev:
Is this a gate ? How much something like this would cost me ?
oh yes it is, sorry i am just seeing this. Its a sliding gate 2mm thickness both plate and pipes 550k excluding delivery (free lagos mainland delivery)
Re: Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) by Opeyemid: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2023
[quote author=Tresid post=123243787]Summary abeg
Plz.... were you able to retrieve your money from papajiro legit apple store

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever / Goat In Yobe Gives Birth To 'Human-Like' Creature (Photos) / Dead Whale Found On Akwa Ibom Beach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.