Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460810 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by davide470(m): 8:40am On Jul 24, 2023
Toshtos:
Guys where are we watching this year's BBNaija please
Showmax.
Get someone from Naija to register for you using your NGN bank account, you pay N2,900 monthly.
Register here and you pay Β£6.75 monthly.

Choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MonkeySee: 8:46am On Jul 24, 2023
Toshtos:
Guys where are we watching this year's BBNaija please

https://www.showmax.com for those in UK

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MonkeySee: 8:49am On Jul 24, 2023
smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2023
Dependents can be self-employed. They are free like a bird
hustla:

That's gangster

What of a dependent?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2023
Is there a way to contact Home Office to seek information. It's not urgent so I'm willing to wait till they respond. What I want at the end of the day is a human response.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2023
Viruses:
Is there a way to contact Home Office to seek information. It's not urgent so I'm willing to wait till they respond. What I want at the end of the day is a human response.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk Answer the questions to specify what the issue is and it'll direct you to a page with the appropriate phone numbers/emails.

I called them not too long ago and got to speak with someone in under 10 minutes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:47am On Jul 24, 2023
When you watch a TV program like ''Nightmare tenants, slum landlords"............

You would just buy one property, in the UK.......

Tenants not paying their rents, could lead to repossession, depression, or bankruptcy..........😜

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missb50: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2023
He stepped on the breaks when it was absolutely unneccessary angry
koonbey:

Congratulations!

30 seconds! That's dramatic. What was the fault?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missb50: 11:54am On Jul 24, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Two days ago, I would have offered you one bike.......πŸ˜‚

Now wey you don pass your test, you need a car (spare car I don't have)........😭😜

grin grin grin cheesy I have been driving in my manual car for over a year before the test
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2023
missb50:

grin grin grin cheesy I have been driving in my manual car for over a year before the test

Time to switch to automatic......... Save your left leg, from unnecessary stress......... πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missb50: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Time to switch to automatic......... Save your left leg, from unnecessary stress......... πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

I've loved manual cars since moving to the UK o (maybe because there is no traffic), the pleasure of pressing clutch gives innner peace grin but auto is definitely the way to go later...

I'd advise anyone without UK license ( or original Nigerian license within 12 Months in the UK) not to drive as you've always hammered. My friend was caught driving after a year in the UK before he got his license, he was slammed 9 points on his new license plus almost 1k fine.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2023
missb50:
He stepped on the breaks when it was absolutely unneccessary angry

πŸ˜„ Ah, my sister, I’m sure he saw something that made him step on the brakes. You know say this life na only one.

You’ve sha passed now. Congratulations and safe driving.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by steadyMoving22: 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2023
lavida001:

Dey play

He has a point.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
missb50:

I've loved manual cars since moving to the UK o (maybe because there is no traffic), the pleasure of pressing clutch gives innner peace grin but auto is definitely the way to go later...

I'd advise anyone without UK license ( or original Nigerian license within 12 Months in the UK) not to drive as you've always hammered. My friend was caught driving after a year in the UK before he got his license, he was slammed 9 points on his new license plus almost 1k fine.

Let's hope they listen........ 😜🀣

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
steadyMoving22:

He has a point.

Let's leave OP to keep moving steady, in OP's ignorance.......... 😁🀣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2023
hayesconcept:
Dependents can be self-employed. They are free like a bird

Perfect
grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missb50: 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
koonbey:

πŸ˜„ Ah, my sister, I’m sure he saw something that made him step on the brakes. You know say this life na only one.

You’ve sha passed now. Congratulations and safe driving.

Lol, we both saw it o. I argued with him after the test, his excuse was that we pressed the break at the same time. The funny thing is I drove over 45 mins after the incident.

Thanks for the congratulations grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2023
koonbey:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk Answer the questions to specify what the issue is and it'll direct you to a page with the appropriate phone numbers/emails.

I called them not too long ago and got to speak with someone in under 10 minutes.
Thank you.
This is very helpful.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2023
missb50:

Wao...this is painful.
Hope his car wasn't seized though.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2023
…
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2023
Schoolhike:
Please I need advice
Company A : permanent.
Company B: contract

B already have a start date of 2nd week of July.

A is still doing check, tho, references completed.

Which is better,
Communicate with A if they can fast track the screening process and tell them a little about B.

Or start with B with the mind of leaving soon.

Note: A is my preferred choice

Start with B
Move to A the next day/week/month depending on the start date for A.

Don't worry...B will be alright las las,
After all, we are in the fourth week of July already.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2023
Viruses:

Start with B
Move to A the next day/week/month depending on the start date for A.

Don't worry...B will be alright las las,
After all, we are in the fourth week of July already.

Sorry

August not July
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by pushup: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2023
Hi. I have original Nigeria licence that expired in January and International one that has not. I am only 8 months in the uk. Guess i can still drive
missb50:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2023
pushup:
Hi. I have original Nigeria licence that expired in January and International one that has not. I am only 8 months in the uk. Guess i can still drive

Wahala you dey find........ Wahala you go get o........ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
pushup:

The international driving permit is irrelevant. The UK Gov website talks about national licenses, and does not mention that permit, and most people have confirmed as well that what police check is the national driving license.

Since yours is expired I doubt it would be acceptable. An expired document has no validity and would not be acceptable even in Nigeria so I would be shocked to see that it's acceptable in the UK.

You should do your research and maybe experiment sha.

Edit: See the UK gov website: https://www.gov.uk/driving-nongb-licence/y/a-resident-of-great-britain/full-car-and-motorcycle/any-other-country

It says "You can drive in Great Britain on your full, valid driving licence for 12 months from when you became resident"(emphasis mine)

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Wahala gidi lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gourdoinc(m): 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2023
Hello house,

How una dey. Kindly help me with advise. If someone on a skilled worker visa with a BRP due to expire in February 2024, tries of invite a family member on a two year visit visa. What are the chances of it being granted.

Kindly note that the person is due for ILR application in January and indicated it in the application.

Any advise or insight would be appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 4:26pm On Jul 24, 2023
pushup:
🎡Trouble dey e own, yanga go wake am🎡

Wetin e dey fyyyyynne

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Gourdoinc:
How una dey. Kindly help me with advise. If someone on a skilled worker visa with a BRP due to expire in February 2024, tries of invite a family member on a two year visit visa. What are the chances of it being granted.
Kindly note that the person is due for ILR application in January and indicated it in the application.
go ahead as long as you have valid leave during the application. I have done this
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2023
Schoolhike:
Please I need advice
Company A : permanent.
Company B: contract

B already have a start date of 2nd week of August.

A is still doing check, tho, references completed.

Which is better,
Communicate with A if they can fast track the screening process and tell them a little about B.

Or start with B with the mind of leaving soon.

Note: A is my preferred choice

Go for A since it’s your preferred choice, don’t confuse yourself please.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2023
giselle237:
go ahead as long as you have valid leave during the application. I have done this

I have also done this before and it was refused.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eniola1010(m): 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Omni in the hellcat

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Mroriginal2022, Bukad(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.