Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (486962 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyfuljoyful: 10:08am On Jul 21, 2023
Good morning.

Please can someone help out?

Joyfuljoyful:
Good morning everyone,

A friend is on a tier 4 visa and it expires later this year. The wife just got a Health and care worker job where the company would be providing COS. They want to know if they will need to have the statement balance of 1,247 requested by the UK government as they have lived in the UK more than 1 year.

For the dependant will there be need for her to write the ielts or ecctis before switching to the Health and Care Visa?

Thanks.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phayie(m): 10:53am On Jul 21, 2023
Joyfuljoyful:
Good morning.

Please can someone help out?

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/money

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 11:34am On Jul 21, 2023
Goodmorning house.

For someone coming to UK for the first time to study can he/she buy dollar and bring it along and change it to pounds in the UK?

Pounds is very hard to get for now and even the dollar is very scarce.

Also what denomination of dollar or pounds can one buy cos some people are saying buying only $1, $2 $5, $10, $20, £1, £2, £5, £10, £20 is the best

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
Phayie:

That's over N5000. Kindly send it to those in need in Nigeria.

too small, nah WorldRemit £35 I dey send to them steady

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
Focus99:
Goodmorning house.For someone coming to UK for the first time to study can he/she buy dollar and bring it along and change it to pounds in the UK?
Also what denomination of dollar or pounds can one buy cos some people are saying buying only $1, $2 $5, $10, $20, £1, £2, £5, £10, £20 is the best.
dollars is not used in the UK. To save yourself double loss, you should buy pounds. Not buy dollars and then come here to change dollars again to pounds. U lose this way. Any denomination you can get is fine. There’s nothing like best.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2023
Am using Octopus, still need the referral code?
samsmokey:
Who is on Octopus and willing to give me a referral code?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
Focus99:
Goodmorning house.

For someone coming to UK for the first time to study can he/she buy dollar and bring it along and change it to pounds in the UK?

Also what denomination of dollar or pounds can one buy cos some people are saying buying only $1, $2 $5, $10, $20, £1, £2, £5, £10, £20 is the best

Thank you

Getting pounds is the best because with dollars, you will still need to convert to pounds before you can spend in the UK, and the exchange rate isn't that good. But since you said pounds is scarce, I will advise you open a domiciliary account with dollars, pounds and euros in one account. That way, you can buy dollars and convert it to pounds. GTB does that, though I don't know how favourable their exchange rates are for those currencies at the moment. You can just walk into any of their branches and make enquiries about that.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
Abeg, any recommendations for our normal Nigeria Greek yoghurt?
The ones I’ve bought so far, don’t taste like “greek yoghurt “ that I’m used to
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyfuljoyful: 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2023
Thank you

giselle237:
dollars is not used in the UK. To save yourself double loss, you should buy pounds. Not buy dollars and then come here to change dollars again to pounds. U lose this way. Any denomination you can get is fine. There’s nothing like best.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mumsgirl27(f): 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
Good Evening everyone,

I want to apply for a visiting USA visa from the uk for December, we are on 3years Sponsorship. Please what are the documents required. I have made researches but I want opinions of those we have applied and gotten Visa. We are applying as a family of 4..
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hebraeem: 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
Send a DM let’s talk Business.

Focus99:
Goodmorning guys.

Is there anyone living in Eastbourne or around Eastbourne that can help me do a viewing? Landlord said any day from 12pm is okay.

I will pay a fee please.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kode12: 11:10pm On Jul 21, 2023
gmacnoms:
Abeg, any recommendations for our normal Nigeria Greek yoghurt?
The ones I’ve bought so far, don’t taste like “greek yoghurt “ that I’m used to
Have you tried the Lidl Greek yoghurts? They're quite nice.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kode12: 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2023
mumsgirl27:
Good Evening everyone,

I want to apply for a visiting USA visa from the uk for December, we are on 3years Sponsorship. Please what are the documents required. I have made researches but I want opinions of those we have applied and gotten Visa. We are applying as a family of 4..
Thank you
You don't need anything. Just have your BRP handy and maybe your job's offer letter. BRP was the only thing that was asked of me when I went for the interview and that was only just sighted.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hkana: 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2023
gergemam:

Does it convert to Naira?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 11:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
kode12:

Have you tried the Lidl Greek yoghurts? They're quite nice.
I’ll check it out tomorrow. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:12am On Jul 22, 2023
National Express could not offer baby Samuel, tickets for life......

We need to start a petition.......... 😂🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-66266378.amp

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 5:40am On Jul 22, 2023
Hkana:

Does it convert to Naira?

Yes... After collecting my £35, I add £5 and send it back to Naija

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wallg123: 8:19am On Jul 22, 2023
Lexusgs430:
National Express could not offer baby Samuel, tickets for life......

We need to start a petition.......... 😂🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-66266378.amp
Baba Rishi Sunak go soon send her letter to asking if she’d payed her health surcharge grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mizGene(f): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
gergemam:

Do they have a promo?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Afristrut: 10:46am On Jul 22, 2023
Drey1:

What about those that filled online. Do they also send same thing aswell bro.

Yes, they do.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
I'm studying Entrepreneurship and Innovation and aside BA there are other job roles like business development manager, customer experience manager, researcher, social media manager and project manager I have interest in.

From your advice below do you mean one can decide to take BA courses with a major organisation without be employed in the first place?

Also, like someone said, why not take the BA courses you want within a major organisation? They'll be free and very high quality. You may even find it possible to transition to a flexible role that's more focused on BA than core accounting within the same organisation after tailoring your on-the-job professional development toward that line.
[/quote]

This is to all the oldies in the house. Like I said I'm studying Msc Entrepreneurship and Innovation and is their any other visa type I can consider aside this Tier 2 visa?

Are there better suggestions/advices anyone out there can give me as his/her lil sister trying to gain something meaningful in the UK?

Also, I have a dream of running a social enterprise that will focus on waste management which will focus on environmental sanitation and waste recycling in Delta State (Nigeria) and in my local government for a start and extend to other parts of the state and I will like to get all the help/partnership I need from WHO. Note this is just my dream and hoping one day it clicks not that I'm having sleepless night over this😂 pertaining to this I wouldn't mind having a practical experience on how this UK people manages their waste and the recycling thing oh as it will help my dream becomes achievable. So anyone with input on how I can get this practical life experience should share too🤲

Lastly, as I have listed all the job role I have interest in and stated my dream are there any certifications/exams I need to take to incorporate into my CV? Not really a fan of short courses and I think many are just after the pay as they don't really go in depth enough.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 2:08pm On Jul 22, 2023
Is there an app to review similarity and plagiarism?

Thank you

Controlv:

Usually, we tend to mix up similarity with plagiarism. It is possible to have 40% similarity without a single plagiarism and it's possible to have 5% similarty with plagiarism. I am not saying you plagiarized but just trying to explain the difference based on my experience.

To start with, check what proportion of the 21% came from one source. Also, always do a thorough review of the similarity by checking the sources hilighted in turn it in and ensure your work does not directly reflect those sources.

I am happy to put you through on how to review your similarity for future purpose. All the best.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Focus99: 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2023
How much do this rent guarantor charge?

Someone told me they charge as far as a month to 2 months rent hmmm

Lexusgs430:

https://ukguarantor.com/

NB: When you see information you or others might need........ Simply take a screenshot......

I took a screenshot/mental note, hence my ability to reference.......

This thread is a university lecture......... 😜🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missb50: 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2023
I sha passed my driving test today at 3rd attempt even though I had a perfect score in my theory, it's a different ball game driving with a stranger with eyes on you(failed the last one 30 seconds into the test which was really unfair, guess the examiner was having a bad day).

Wish all going through this phase well deserved favour!

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by amorprincesa: 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
cheesy cheesy
wallg123:

Baba Rishi Sunak go soon send her letter to asking if she’d payed her health surcharge grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
Focus99:
How much do this rent guarantor charge?

Someone told me they charge as far as a month to 2 months rent hmmm

I think they charge between £250/£400........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2023
missb50:
I sha passed my driving test today at 3rd attempt even though I had a perfect score in my theory, it's a different ball game driving with a stranger with eyes on you(failed the last one 30 seconds into the test which was really unfair, guess the examiner was having a bad day).

Wish all going through this phase well deserved favour!

Congratulations.......... When are you taking us on the M6. ...........😂😶
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ayenikunle: 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2023
Lexusgs430:

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missb50: 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
Oga mi, when you invite me to come and pick one of your bikes... grin cheesy

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
Your school (assuming you are a student) should grant you access to this. Grammarly, Quilbot and Microsoft Word online have features to allow you do this but not as comprehensive as Turnitin provided by your school.

Focus99:
Is there an app to review similarity and plagiarism?

Thank you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (554) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: Yemite14557, ubby26, hayesconcept(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.