Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (464563 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
missb50:
I sha passed my driving test today at 3rd attempt even though I had a perfect score in my theory, it's a different ball game driving with a stranger with eyes on you(failed the last one 30 seconds into the test which was really unfair, guess the examiner was having a bad day).

Wish all going through this phase well deserved favour!

Congratulations!

30 seconds! That's dramatic. What was the fault?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2023
missb50:
Oga mi, when you invite me to come and pick one of your bikes... grin cheesy

Two days ago, I would have offered you one bike.......πŸ˜‚

Now wey you don pass your test, you need a car (spare car I don't have)........😭😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
I applied for visit visa for my mum, due to postponing the biometrics date, the biometrics date is now just two weeks away from the intended travel date mentioned in all the application docs.

We have agreed that the intended travel date will not work so plan to postpone. Do I need to write a letter explaining that we have changed travel date and upload or leave things the way they are?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
Congratulations welcome to the club cool cool
missb50:
I sha passed my driving test today at 3rd attempt even though I had a perfect score in my theory, it's a different ball game driving with a stranger with eyes on you(failed the last one 30 seconds into the test which was really unfair, guess the examiner was having a bad day).

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
samsmokey:
Who is on Octopus and willing to give me a referral code?

sepia-ape-864

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
Joyfuljoyful:
Good morning everyone,

A friend is on a tier 4 visa and it expires later this year. The wife just got a Health and care worker job where the company would be providing COS. They want to know if they will need to have the statement balance of 1,247 requested by the UK government as they have lived in the UK more than 1 year.

For the dependant will there be need for her to write the ielts or ecctis before switching to the Health and Care Visa?

Thanks.

What’s statement balance ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 3:49am On Jul 23, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Two days ago, I would have offered you one bike.......πŸ˜‚

Now wey you don pass your test, you need a car (spare car I don't have)........😭😜
over 30 days ago wey somebody ask you for one of the bikes wey you get from your Neighbour, you ghost am. Na motor you wan dash? Dey play

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:15am On Jul 23, 2023
gmacnoms:
over 30 days ago wey somebody ask you for one of the bikes wey you get from your Neighbour, you ghost am. Na motor you wan dash? Dey play

May the Lord deliver us from monitoring spirits..........πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CowbellY: 5:30am On Jul 23, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Overkill or justified.......

Why did he return........

Was he not aware of flight manifest scanning........

Should he have received a heavier penalty........

You can run........ But you can't hide......... 🀣😭😜

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-66237727

I wonder why he fled. He must have thought they were going to lock him up. It makes no sense. At the end of the day it was simply a 200 quid fine. Cheaper than the cost of the ticket to Saudi Arabia
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 6:26am On Jul 23, 2023
Lexusgs430:

May the Lord deliver us from monitoring spirits..........πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ
Amen

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2023
CowbellY:

I wonder why he fled. He must have thought they were going to lock him up. It makes no sense. At the end of the day it was simply a 200 quid fine. Cheaper than the cost of the ticket to Saudi Arabia

Plus he now presented himself, as a flight risk(if he offends in the future, no bail conditions would be granted).........πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 8:58am On Jul 23, 2023
missb50:

E go hard small for we wey no dey drive for naija before be that oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 10:24am On Jul 23, 2023
lavida001:

Get a bicycle first, so you can understand some of the road signs OR

Always take a walk and be observing Road signs, marking among others

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 10:27am On Jul 23, 2023
Money paid to the council. The councils fund some of the schools, police, care sector ,waste disposal, local roads , parks so a very important tax.
Its paid monthly.
Because its tied to the value of your property, some areas in town deemed more affluent pay more than others.

ezegold4we:
Goodday everyone,

Pls it's urgent,

Pls what is council tax in the UK?

How is it paid, monthly or yearly??

Thanks in advance For your response
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:32am On Jul 23, 2023
lavida001:

Nope, you're much better off ....... You are like an unadulterated,unpolluted and uncorrupted virgin ............ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by horlahxeyi: 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Good day house,

I applied and paid for passport renewal, got 3months time for appointment date. Just 2 weeks after this,I got tge renewal fee refunded back to my account and my profile still active with appointment day still showing.

Has anyone had this kinda problem before,Kindly advice.

Thanks

@lexusgs430

@lexus
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by horlahxeyi: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2023
Pls help on this house.

horlahxeyi:
hello house,please I paid for passport renewal, last week and I got a reversal today, sent a mail already as the status is intact on Immigration portal.

Any advice on this will be appreciated. Or should I start all over again?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by TouchOfSpice(m): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2023
I also experienced same.

horlahxeyi:
Good day house,

I applied and paid for passport renewal, got 3months time for appointment date. Just 2 weeks after this,I got tge renewal fee refunded back to my account and my profile still active with appointment day still showing.

Has anyone had this kinda problem before,Kindly advice.

Thanks

@lexusgs430

@lexus
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Myati: 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2023
Viruses:
I applied for visit visa for my mum, due to postponing the biometrics date, the biometrics date is now just two weeks away from the intended travel date mentioned in all the application docs.

We have agreed that the intended travel date will not work so plan to postpone. Do I need to write a letter explaining that we have changed travel date and upload or leave things the way they are?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
bns4eva:
Good morning gurus in the house.
Please i am very tired of looking for accomodation, i have looked everywhere , openrent, rughtmove zoopla etc , i have not gotten one. Please anybody that have accomodation for rent 1 bed in east london. Preferably arround manor park road, new ham and environs.
Thank you God bless you
Easier to get if you offer 6 months or 1 year to the landlord or agent
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2023
abuhusna1:

Amazing
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
abuhusna1:

Their levels go soon drop

No more dependents and shakara go end lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by stephoye: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2023
You should try Sendwave! Use my code ND70B to get a Β£10.00 credit towards your first transfer. Download at https://try.sendwave.com/kjap/dvmwlzag

Use my link above to send Β£1 and get Β£10 extra credit. It is real, I have tried it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Nope, you're much better off ....... You are like an unadulterated,unpolluted and uncorrupted virgin ............ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

Dey play
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2023
Please everyone

Can a student sell things on amazon/ebay? has anyone tried this?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
No, the last time I checked you can’t be self employed with Student visa.
hustla:
Please everyone

Can a student sell things on amazon/ebay? has anyone tried this?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
hayesconcept:

That's gangster

What of a dependent?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
hayesconcept:
Does stock trading via T212, Freetrade etc count as self employment too or students can do them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by solveabode(m): 1:29am On Jul 24, 2023
IvanCardozo:

My brother, a little over one year ago, if person tell me say I go get that kyne travel history in that short a while,I go say na lieπŸ˜‚. Funny enough, I've put all my guys on it too. I shared the update. Everybody don travel. Paris,Madrid, Rome etc. Na so we waka ooo. Outta more than 15 of us, at least like 10 don collect Yankee kpali. With Yankee kpali, it was easy to collect Canada. Information dey very important. Na only Australia we no do, cuz e farπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Collect them kpalis and keep. No be crime. Afro nation of last week or so, na so all of us buy flight ticket. Visa don dey already sef. Now I see the kyne flex all these citizens of big countries have. Just buy ticket and voila,you don move.

Baba throw the pass here too.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Toshtos: 7:56am On Jul 24, 2023
Guys where are we watching this year's BBNaija please

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Newbie123, mystery22 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.