Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (486800 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:
[b][/b]

I won't be surprised if there are Nigerian born Taliban in Afghan grin

grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by horlahxeyi: 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2023
hello house,please I paid for passport renewal, last week and I got a reversal today, sent a mail already as the status is intact on Immigration portal.

Any advice on this will be appreciated. Or should I start all over again?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2023
BoyleEd:
Good day lovely people, I know this may be too basic embarassed but please kindly recommend a good TV ( 50'' and above with quality image and sound). My budget is between 300k and 400k.

Thank you

Buy a TCL on ao.com. When called afterwards, if you have kids that could spoil it, agree to pay for insurance, should be about £6 monthly. Thank me later.

Anyone who wants to buy a brand new TV should do this.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyfuljoyful: 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
Hello house,

Please I'd like to ask regarding the latest update from the UK government, what if a student's spouse which is the dependant is already on a skilled worker visa? Will they still have to apply for a PSW visa?

Kindly shed some light if you understand the new rules. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2023
Joyfuljoyful:
Hello house,

Please I'd like to ask regarding the latest update from the UK government, what if a student's spouse which is the dependant is already on a skilled worker visa? Will they still have to apply for a PSW visa?

Kindly shed some light if you understand the new rules. Thanks

No. The student can just apply to be their spouse's dependent upon competition of studies.

Technically the student can still apply to get the PSW visa as well but I don't see why someone would do that.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by domin8(f): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
Evening all,

Please is there a way to exchange the AMEX BA Companion Voucher for cash? grin

Asking for a friend cheesy.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:
[b][/b]

I won't be surprised if there are Nigerian born Taliban in Afghan grin

Them go pay THS (Taliban Version of IHS)

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BoyleEd: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Hisense 55 Inch 55A63HTUK Smart 4K UHD HDR LED Freeview TV

It’s fantastic for Gaming, Streaming Live Matches, Watching Netflix and others. I highly recommend it.
Many thanks for this [color=#000000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyfuljoyful: 10:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Thank you.

koonbey:

No. The student can just apply to be their spouse's dependent upon competition of studies.

Technically the student can still apply to get the PSW visa as well but I don't see why someone would do that.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyfuljoyful: 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
Thanks.

koonbey:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
On this thread many month's ago........ One Nigerian based troll, insulted UK and their small engine's + small vehicle's.........

I hear from the grapevine......... All those V6's & V8's in Nigeria, are spending time suspended in the air/or having white kegs on their roofs ........ 😜🤣😂

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by courage54(m): 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
Please I need assistance with ticket reservations for Schengen visa application.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by chadelicious: 12:46am On Jul 20, 2023
Hi geebee5 👋
Hope you’re great
I sent you a mail, kindly respond, thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 5:37am On Jul 20, 2023
jedisco:

First, tone down on the agression, it's not a fight.
My point here has been that people should get relevant sought-after skills that enable them climb the right ladder and if conditions are right, could be open to explore other options. Plus it gives you the capacity to adress unfair decisions when they arise.

Mr. Meek, first I know I already let you know that I don’t understand English language? You didn’t see that?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyfuljoyful: 8:19am On Jul 20, 2023
Good morning everyone,

A friend is on a tier 4 visa and it expires later this year. The wife just got a Health and care worker job where the company would be providing COS. They want to know if they will need to have the statement balance of 1,247 requested by the UK government as they have lived in the UK more than 1 year.

For the dependant will there be need for her to write the ielts or ecctis before switching to the Health and Care Visa?

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyfuljoyful: 8:23am On Jul 20, 2023
Why not call them?
horlahxeyi:
hello house,please I paid for passport renewal, last week and I got a reversal today, sent a mail already as the status is intact on Immigration portal.

Any advice on this will be appreciated. Or should I start all over again?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Drey1: 9:01am On Jul 20, 2023
Afristrut:

The BRP, the form and attach your passport photo.

What about those that filled online. Do they also send same thing aswell bro.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:32am On Jul 20, 2023
Overkill or justified.......

Why did he return........

Was he not aware of flight manifest scanning........

Should he have received a heavier penalty........

You can run........ But you can't hide......... 🤣😭😜

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-66237727

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2023
Yes
Drey1:

What about those that filled online. Do they also send same thing aswell bro.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
Lexusgs430:
On this thread many month's ago........ One Nigerian based troll, insulted UK and their small engine's + small vehicle's.........

I hear from the grapevine......... All those V6's & V8's in Nigeria, are spending time suspended in the air/or having white kegs on their roofs ........ 😜🤣😂

Lol, I do understand your message here, but want to have another perspective on interpreting your message, give it to AI to interpret this is what I got.

“This message seems to be part of a light-hearted argument or banter about the types of vehicles and engines preferred in the UK versus Nigeria. Let's break it down:

"On this thread many month's ago........ One Nigerian based troll, insulted UK and their small engine's + small vehicle's.........": This statement suggests that a user, referred to as a 'troll' (often a term used for someone who stirs up arguments or posts inflammatory comments online), who is based in Nigeria, had previously posted on the same thread making fun of the UK for their small engines and small vehicles.
"I hear from the grapevine......... All those V6's & V8's in Nigeria, are spending time suspended in the air/or having white kegs on their roofs ........ 😜🤣😂": The phrase "I hear from the grapevine" is a colloquial way to say they've heard rumors or unconfirmed reports. It seems they're making a joke or teasing about large-engine vehicles (V6 and V8 engines, which are typically found in larger, more powerful cars or trucks) in Nigeria. The part about "spending time suspended in the air" could be a reference to these vehicles being lifted for maintenance or repairs, suggesting they break down often. The "white kegs on their roofs" could be a humorous or sarcastic reference to people using their cars to transport goods, suggesting that these larger vehicles are being used for utilitarian purposes, rather than for their power or performance.”

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
Schoolhike:

Lol, I do understand your message here, but want to have another perspective on interpreting your message, give it to AI to interpret this is what I got.

“This message seems to be part of a light-hearted argument or banter about the types of vehicles and engines preferred in the UK versus Nigeria. Let's break it down:

"On this thread many month's ago........ One Nigerian based troll, insulted UK and their small engine's + small vehicle's.........": This statement suggests that a user, referred to as a 'troll' (often a term used for someone who stirs up arguments or posts inflammatory comments online), who is based in Nigeria, had previously posted on the same thread making fun of the UK for their small engines and small vehicles.
"I hear from the grapevine......... All those V6's & V8's in Nigeria, are spending time suspended in the air/or having white kegs on their roofs ........ 😜🤣😂": The phrase "I hear from the grapevine" is a colloquial way to say they've heard rumors or unconfirmed reports. It seems they're making a joke or teasing about large-engine vehicles (V6 and V8 engines, which are typically found in larger, more powerful cars or trucks) in Nigeria. The part about "spending time suspended in the air" could be a reference to these vehicles being lifted for maintenance or repairs, suggesting they break down often. The "white kegs on their roofs" could be a humorous or sarcastic reference to people using their cars to transport goods, suggesting that these larger vehicles are being used for utilitarian purposes, rather than for their power or performance.”

The AI try....na only the "for sale" part e miss, but it's perspective on the keg is still valid to some extent
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
Who get loqbox invite link and how much dem go give me if you refer me?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phayie(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
gergemam:
Who get loqbox invite link and how much dem go give me if you refer me?

https://www.loqbox.com/en_gb/loqbox-invite?referral_code=GJOHQHRURH&referral_channel=link
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gergemam: 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
Phayie:

https://www.loqbox.com/en_gb/loqbox-invite?referral_code=GJOHQHRURH&referral_channel=link

Thank You Kindly, I thought the money go reach like £25 - £30 but £5 too small
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gift7428: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
It seems it’s only Lemonade that converts Naira to pounds. The rate on lemonade is not encouraging at all. I still have some money in Naira that I need to change. The Naira has really lost value 😥
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phayie(m): 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
gergemam:

Thank You Kindly, I thought the money go reach like £25 - £30 but £5 too small

That's over N5000. Kindly send it to those in need in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phayie(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
Gift7428:
It seems it’s only Lemonade that converts Naira to pounds. The rate on lemonade is not encouraging at all. I still have some money in Naira that I need to change. The Naira has really lost value 😥

You can check $end

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
Schoolhike....... This your AI dey chop pounded yam + egusi soup + orijin........ I want to take her out on a date ..........🤣😭
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Schoolhike....... This your AI dey chop pounded yam + egusi soup + orijin........ I want to take her out on a date ..........🤣😭

Lol,

No dey disappoint me.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ezegold4we: 5:51am On Jul 21, 2023
Goodday everyone,

Pls it's urgent,

Pls what is council tax in the UK?

How is it paid, monthly or yearly??

Thanks in advance For your response
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 5:53am On Jul 21, 2023
ezegold4we:
Goodday everyone,

Pls it's urgent,

The time it took you to type this was more than the time it would have taken to find this information on Google.

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 8:40am On Jul 21, 2023
ezegold4we:
Goodday everyone,

Pls it's urgent,

It's a tax paid monthly to the local council (like local government in Nigeria).

Next time, Google it first then you can ask specific questions about the parts you read but couldn't understand.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (554) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: obioraval(m), mex551(m), deept(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.