Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (464049 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 2:30pm On May 28, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Most people underestimate the effect of time, chance, background and location in their success.
👌🏾👌🏾
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mayowa94: 3:34pm On May 28, 2023
SamReinvented:

Switch your visa before you leave the UK. If you leave after completing your course and try to come back on the same student visa, the border officer can easily deny you entry because your reason for holding the visa is no longer valid.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 6:59pm On May 28, 2023
The truth is that women behave this way when they don't trust you or your judgement when it comes to finance. It is either she has been suspecting you for chasing ladies while in Nigeria or she noticed any sign of financial recklessness.
Women generally belief that one of the ways to stop an 'alagbere' is to ensure he does not have enough money to start chasing women. She may also think you spend too much on your siblings and parents leaving little for you and her.

What she is doing is to ensure that you spend your entire earnings while she keeps her own for the family and project.

If that is your case, you need to begin to put things in order and demonstrate to her that you are now a changed person. She will change with time unless she has grown and fallen into the hand of big women society in youkay.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 7:04pm On May 28, 2023
Good sex can never be overemphasized ☺️

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Dygeasy(m): 7:29pm On May 28, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Bro I swear, very apt advise because there are so many unanswered questions. How much is the 70% of the loan that she’s paying back, what does she earn and how much of that goes to the loan. How much does she spend in taking care of the kids, is there built up resentment towards the guy because of something he has done? There are obviously not communicating properly because how come he doesn’t even know the details about the repayment plan of the loan. The foundation of their communication style is flawed and they need to fix that issue. I hope they settle their differences amicably and I wish OP all the best.
the emboldened make up the pertinent questions that will open up the path for helpful solutions.

If the OP's wife helped him come here on loans and other sources of money, does anyone not think it's a much bigger problem that he has no idea what the total costs are? It's either one person isn't disclosing or one person hasn't been asking up until recently. One or both is the case here and resolving that can actually fix a lot. Cos if she feels he owes her, a good step might be for him to get a full picture of his debt, pay it back (cos she wants it back) and focus on de-entangling himself from her visa.

I've seen a few here talking about being brash or brutally honest and going straight to the point. While those may be valid viewpoints, let's not forget that this man's life and future plans are tied to this woman's feelings. And how things pan out heavily depends on how he steers the wheel. So, wisdom is very key here. Caution too, in approach and interactions.

I wish the OP the best.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 7:53pm On May 28, 2023
🤣

semmyk:
Hmmm love 🤔 hummmm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 8:02pm On May 28, 2023
I get it now. The expenses I suggest in cutting down would mainly for items that are not necessarily a need for you, her or your kids. Try exploring ways to get cheaper options if necessary. I assume you are in IT right? You should look at upskilling to boost your chances of moving higher and gain a better job.

Godaloneisable:

Tbh, she said she got some loan. Getting job too no easy. Im searching really hard for higher pay but ain't coming. I can't really cut cos we've got kids.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 8:08pm On May 28, 2023
Hmmmm. In your opinion, what would you say the 70% she spent amounted to? And for what? Can you also possibly share what the relationship looked like before youkay?

Does she have a family back home she's catering for?

For the sake of your kids though, stay calm and do all you can to get a better paying job. Share what your interests are and let's see if we can help you in that direction.

As for your marital issues, best advise would be seek counselling either in church or anywhere else even if it means paying but stay calm.

Godaloneisable:

Yes, I want to join but she said i shouldn't worry. I asked the amount but i never got response when my insistence was much she said circa 15million which is not true cos its not care work that you'd paid for COS and the coy paid our tickets.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Wisdom7400(m): 9:22pm On May 28, 2023
Peerielass:

The hospital will give you some documents which you will use for the registration. You will need to register the baby at your local authority within a specified time. In Scotland, the registration needs to be done within 21 days of birth. If you are in England/Wales, it’s 42 days. The LA will issue two birth certificates for your baby - a long and short version.

You can then apply for baby’s first Nigeria passport using the birth certificate. I’d probably wait till baby is about 6 months old before embarking on that journey. Baby will need their own NIN before passport application.

I don’t know anything about the process for baby Visa and ILR so can’t help you with that bit.

Congratulations and hope everything goes well.

Its now long version. No more short version as its no longer useful

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yomisley: 9:59pm On May 28, 2023
Do you have materials i can study abeg...?

Newbie123:

Yes it is. I used it and I've gotten my license.

Na motivation to study remain

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yomisley: 10:01pm On May 28, 2023
do railway companies give sponsorship?

Adunnishugar:

Hmn thanks
I will tell him to look into the rail industry, we haven’t thought of that.
Please, are there opportunities for new immigrants there?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Newbie123: 10:03pm On May 28, 2023
yomisley:
Do you have materials i can study abeg...?

Download one of the driving test apps. They cost £5

I'm using the d theory 4 in 1

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yomisley: 10:07pm On May 28, 2023
for those that are into forex trading make una dey drop pair weh we go trade ooo, kobo na money ooo
Lexusgs430:

Amazon parcel deliveries, selling on ebay, listing on amazon, forex trading etc etc etc......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lolli2pop: 11:22pm On May 28, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Try flight bot on telegram.......

Hey Lexus, i typed flight bot on telegram and different options are popping out.

I sent a message to @flightbot no response

There is also @fligh_bot and many others. Please could you check from your end and let me know the exact one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 1:14am On May 29, 2023
Peerielass:

The hospital will give you some documents which you will use for the registration. You will need to register the baby at your local authority within a specified time. In Scotland, the registration needs to be done within 21 days of birth. If you are in England/Wales, it’s 42 days. The LA will issue two birth certificates for your baby - a long and short version.

You can then apply for baby’s first Nigeria passport using the birth certificate. I’d probably wait till baby is about 6 months old before embarking on that journey. Baby will need their own NIN before passport application.

I don’t know anything about the process for baby Visa and ILR so can’t help you with that bit.

Congratulations and hope everything goes well.

Honestly, I sympathise with whoever is not on this thread coz.... thank you for the info
I just saved it up
Thank you
I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 1:17am On May 29, 2023
justwise:

Yes sometimes i buy and payback immediately and sometimes i payback weeks later, i have £10,000 balance limit and sometimes i spend £1000-1500 before paying back

Boss man
You can borrow to a third party na
I know it's allowed.. grin
10k shocked

Make i dey manage my £300 limit...dem come dey warn make I spend only 25%
Abeg make una free me o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Noworries11: 1:18am On May 29, 2023
Progressivegee:

Congratulations in advance on the birth of your UK baby. However, your child cannot apply for ILR with your work visa. Your child would have been eligible for ILR if either you or your hubby has a settled status (ILR or Citizenship). Your baby can also apply with you if you are applying for ILR using your work visa. For now, your baby will be under your visa category which is skilled worker child dependent visa.

https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to-remain-family/child-dependant-work-visa.

Thanks for the info
Appreciate
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 1:21am On May 29, 2023
Noworries11:

Thanks for the info
Appreciate

No worries
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Evagreenfields: 1:39am On May 29, 2023
You can use lemonade to send. It is fast and convinent. You can sign up using my referal link below. Thanks

I use Lemonade Finance to send money to Africa. You get 10.00 GBP when you verify your account and send over 100.00 GBP with my referral link - https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/y28G

nymphomaniac:
Hi guys. Please what app can I use to send GBP to UK from Nigeria?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:23am On May 29, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Hey Lexus, i typed flight bot on telegram and different options are popping out.

I sent a message to @flightbot no response

There is also @fligh_bot and many others. Please could you check from your end and let me know the exact one

@airtrack_bot

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by stephoye: 5:25am On May 29, 2023
Good morning elders. I have an interview with NHS very soon. What and what should I prepare for and what is the dressing code?

Secondly, is it true that NHS does not sponsor band 2 health Care Support Worker anymore (Nursing auxiliary Band 2)

Thanks for your time
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:26am On May 29, 2023
yomisley:
for those that are into forex trading make una dey drop pair weh we go trade ooo, kobo na money ooo

Recipe to losing your funds ........ CFD's can burn ......😛
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AKALAMAGBO: 6:28am On May 29, 2023
The salary for Band 2 is below the Sponsorship salary quote from gov.uk. Don’t expect sponsorship…

There’s also not much to prepare for as regards the interview, just get to know 6C’s of care and be able to give scenarios on them when asked…Also read your Job role on the advert, you may be asked some questions on them.
stephoye:
Good morning elders. I have an interview with NHS very soon. What and what should I prepare for and what is the dressing code?

Secondly, is it true that NHS does not sponsor band 2 health Care Support Worker anymore (Nursing auxiliary Band 2)

Thanks for your time

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yomisley: 7:43am On May 29, 2023
no be today forex weh don chop like 20k usd. dey play. nothing dey move me again.
Lexusgs430:

Recipe to losing your funds ........ CFD's can burn ......😛
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yomisley: 7:50am On May 29, 2023
People in the house. for someone that came in with a Tier 2 Care Visa. does learning work as an apprentice is part of accessing public funds for job will later sponsor someone? E be like say na that railway job money dey oooo.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:57am On May 29, 2023
yomisley:
no be today forex weh don chop like 20k usd. dey play. nothing dey move me again.

You been there and got the t shirt ........ well done .....😛

Send a whatsapp message.......🤣😛
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chrys27: 8:20am On May 29, 2023
I had two interviews for similar role about 6 days ago.
These are some IDEAS sha.

Tell us about yourself?

You are about to feed a patient who needs assistance with feeding and another patient pressed the nurse call bell (burser) cos he desperately need the toilet. However all the other carers and nurses are busy and far away from the patient. What will you do?

U entered a Bay and found a patient on the floor, what will you do?

While bathing a patient, he tells u that his daughter usually beats him at home (or you saw a bruise on his body) however the patient confided in you and asked you not to tell anybody. What will be your line of action?

A patient or a patient relative is angry about the care being given, how will you handle the situation?

You have finished doing all the activities in the ward. There is no more work for you to do. What will you do? (This question was somehow sha)

How will you prioritize Ur activities in a busy ward?

What are the roles of a healthcare assistant and why you think you are the best fit for the job? Best thing to do here is to read the person specification for the job advert and pay attention to all the essential criteria. Then tailor Ur response in such a way that you fit into those roles.

All the very best.

stephoye:

Thanks for your time

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 8:23am On May 29, 2023
yomisley:
People in the house. for someone that came in with a Tier 2 Care Visa. does learning work as an apprentice is part of accessing public funds for job will later sponsor someone? E be like say na that railway job money dey oooo.

You need to double-check the eligibility criteria. Most apprenticeship require 3 years UK residency.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apprenticeship-funding-rules-for-employers/annex-a-eligibility-criteria-who-we-fund
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yomisley: 8:59am On May 29, 2023
i have sent you an email my oga.
Lexusgs430:

You been there and got the t shirt ........ well done .....😛

Send a whatsapp message.......🤣😛
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On May 29, 2023
Chrys27:

Tell us about yourself?

You are about to feed a patient who needs assistance with feeding and another patient pressed the nurse call bell (burser) cos he desperately need the toilet. However all the other carers and nurses are busy and far away from the patient. What will you do?

While bathing a patient, he tells u that his daughter usually beats him at home (or you saw a bruise on his body) however the patient confided in you and asked you not to tell anybody. What will be your line of action?

A patient or a patient relative is angry about the care being given, how will you handle the situation?

You have finished doing all the activities in the ward. There is no more work for you to do. What will you do? (This question was somehow sha)

What are the roles of a healthcare assistant and why you think you are the best fit for the job? Best thing to do here is to read the person specification for the job advert and pay attention to all the essential criteria. Then tailor Ur response in such a way that you fit into those roles.

All the very best.

Very simple....... Ask your colleagues if they require assistance, with any roles (we know you would not do this o) ........ Just lie .......🤣😛😜

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by stephoye: 10:19am On May 29, 2023
Chrys27:

Tell us about yourself?

All the very best.

Thanks so much. How did you dress to the interview and what was your response to question 2 (feeding assistance andtoilets)?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by opeoyek: 10:20am On May 29, 2023
Hi all

I have an appointment for passport renewal in a couple of weeks but I won't be able to attend the appointment. Can I go the day after?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Mumibaby(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.