Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460369 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
justwise:

You have Justwise derangement syndrome disease.

Anytime an argument is going on here and i'm involved you will definitely jump in to shout bullying and moderatorship..i mean this has been the case for years

You failed to answer a single question asked by dustydee but wasted the opportunity to moan about Justwise

Guy, you need to be replaced. Would do that if I had the chance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2023
Phil46:

Thank you very much for the detailed advice. I will make the payment and then write them on payment plan. Though I'd done that already to which they replied they can't allow beyond December (end of course). But with the situation now I doubt either of us has much choice. I'll keep engaging them and try not to worry about it too much. Many thanks!

Cool. But I will do the other way round. I mean write them for a payment plan and then start payment. Trust me, the person with 1k payment completed it 6months after the program. Them just write am as debt for him record with the school. One thing with this UK I have found out is, not everyone working in an office have perfect understanding of the policy. Sometime when calling, call like 3 different times (speaking to 3 different people) to proceed. You will be shocked someone else will give you a slightly different part of the policy that favors you.

Request for payment plan sighting forex difficulty from your home country. They will set up a plan for you, then you start paying from your 1400. You can request for 6months. Try speaking to someone on phone to help out. Keep calling till you speak to someone who understands your situation.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
babajeje123:

So what if i get replaced? Do i get paid? Do i make a penny here as a mod? For years you have been crying about me being a mod here and i still can't figure out why it pains you so much.

Start the campaign to remove me as far too many people have done before then apply to become a mod.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2023
can you also teach us what Zakat is used for please?

genkins:

As usual,they escape thru the back door when fact stares them in the face.
Guy,if u like give your money to your pastor ,las las na rolce Royce e ko de drive.
Use am knack ya mama,ya wife,your sisters and daughters...u ko still de call am..'my papa'...since sense is far from you.

Religion is a very bad thing .Nigerian version is an abomination
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gift7428: 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
When did you apply?
I applied for PR no response for months. I heard it takes about 3-6 months

tushqueen:
Please how long does it take to hear from Canadian embassy when applying for a visit visa from the UK. The silence is deafening,no update in any form from them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Greenpeasants1: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
Na now you come

You wan be Mod

Ha! We no want cheesy cheesy

Justwise this person wan collect ya position , no gree oh

babajeje123:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2023
Capital One are quite bullish in the markrt and liberal about your visa status. Up to £1,500 means you wont get more than that, from my experience they'd probably grant you a £200 credit limit that can be increased to £800 a fee months down the line if your usage & repayment ticks all their boxes.

Go for it. Try to stay below a 40٪ utilizationof your credit limit.

Tenski:
I greet the bosses in the house. I have been in The UK for 3 months now.

I have registered on the Electoral roll
I have a sim only contract
I also have a full UK license
Rent is on Direct Debit

Here is the thing, I haven’t applied for any credit card before but i just played around Capital One today as i read that it won’t affect my credit score if i get rejected but to my surprise, i was accepted (Up to £1,500) but before i complete the application, i would like to find out from the experienced people here if Capital One is a good CC to signup for?

Thanks in advance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2023
Totally agree with your posts.
I pay tithe because without our tithes and offerings, the church will not be able to run successful. Nobody is brainwashing me. I wish I could pay more so that the kingdom of God can continue to expand through our churches. Also, people are always coming to ask for help. Our church give so many people without stay money monthly. Even some homeless people come to our church to collect welfare package. What about energy bill, internet, rent, etc? The expenses we pay every month is a lot. Where will the church get the money from. You will come into the church and will expect the church to be very warm and for all equipment to be working fine. Are they being run by the Holy Spirit?

That is why a lot of caucasian churches are dying as nobody is paying offerings and tithes. A lot of them are relying on inheritances money. Almost all methodist churches in my town have been sold.

Regarding Pastors stealing the tithes, I don't think it is that easy in the UK. For example, in my church, I am part of the Admin, we have an accountant and Board of trustees. They do audit of the account regularly. Our pastor can only view the church bank's account, he can't withdraw money himself. The board of trustees have to sign the cheque before money can be withdrawn from the account. I have to do monthly financial report. All funds have to be accounted for.

How does the money get to the account. We collect the offerings and tithe, count the money and pay it straight into the account. 3 of us have to sign. If the account do not balance by £5, they call us to explain what happened. The money does not get into the Pastor's account. Our Pastor and wife have to work as well. I even pity them with the burden they are carrying. So many issues to settle. If there is any problem church members are facing, it is them. Pastor confided in me that he had to become a guarantor for so many people that he is not sure they can pay the rent but he still has to do it.

Let us stop bashing all Pastors. There are still loads of good pastors out there.
If you don't want to pay, don't pay but don't insult people that pay.

BouharryArtikou:

I agree with your post above.
I am a Christian. And yes, I do pay 1/10th of my earnings as tithe. It is my way of helping the kingdom of God. It is my religious belief. You you may not agree with it hook-line-and-sinker, but it is what I have chosen to do. Because I love God.

But that someone will come and start pitying me, or even pitying my children is to say the least, nonsense. It’s my money. I did not steal it. I earned it. I decide what I want to do with it. How it is someone’s headache is what I don’t understand. And mind you, I’ve never ever asked this someone for shishi. I have never begged. I have never gone to food bank. I have never paid credit card interest. So why is it a problem to someone?

What happened to respect for others, including their religious beliefs?
I do not see my leaving Nigeria to the UK as an ‘escape’ . Why is someone crying more than the bereaved?

Shuooooo

Let’s have some sanity on this thread please.

28 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
justwise:

So what if i get replaced? Do i get paid? Do i make a penny here as a mod? For years you have been crying about me being a mod here and i still can't figure out why it pains you so much.

Start the campaign to remove me as far too many people have done before then apply to become a mod.

You can as well resign since you are not being paid. Worthy to note that I'm not the only one who found you unfit for this role.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
Did you stay anywhere else in the UK before your current address?

If so, use it. It should normally let you put an out of country address.

Capital One is fair, but check your eligibility ahead to avoid a hard search.

Good luck!
Efftyy:
Hi good people .

Please I tried applying for American express card.
But I haven’t use more than a year in the UK, the application kept asking me to put my second address,my Nigeria address kept being rejected .
Pls how can I go about it.
Thank you

And someone asked about Capital one card . Is the card okay ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
hustla:

I think all banks offer sponsorship but it will be dependent on the role

For instance, DevOps guys may be offered sponsorship by Lloyds but customer service guys wont

smiley

Thanks for your response
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:25pm On Oct 29, 2023
Greenpeasants1:
Na now you come

You wan be Mod

Ha! We no want cheesy cheesy

Justwise this person wan collect ya position , no gree oh

I mean this dude has been crying about this for yrs, he can contact the admin to get this position

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2023
Please who has done NHS interview for IT role before.

Asides the job description and PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS part, is there any major thing else to look out for ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:31pm On Oct 29, 2023
babajeje123:

You can as well resign since you are not being paid. Worthy to note that I'm not the only one who found you unfit for this role.

Oh you think mods are getting paid hence your sweating over this?

Like i asked you before if i get removed today then what? I can't post or pay my mortgage?

Contact the admin to start the campaign or start a thread in this section to gather support. I promise never to remove it, delete a single post or ban anybody.

Do that and have peace for once.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
justwise:

Oh you think mods are getting paid hence your sweating over this?

Like i asked you before if i get removed today then what? I can't post or pay my mortgage?

Contact the admin to start the campaign or start a thread in this section to gather support. I promise never to remove it, delete a single post or ban anybody.

Do that and have peace for once.
Whether you get paid or otherwise is not my concern. My concern is, just like in Nigeria, having a square peg in a round hole.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
justwise:

I mean this dude has been crying about this for yrs, he can contact the admin to get this position
Liar!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Luada(m): 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
toughest007:

Don't be desperate to say something and in the process offer what you think could alleviate his situation but in actual sense would be quite unrealistic and ambiguous and will most definitely amplify his current financial standing.

A couple of folks have given their take on what the way forward for him should be and they appear quite feasible.

He can proceed to explore trading in the future when he has sorted out his financial situation and is comfortable to do so.

Never traded and never would.
Me desperate to talk, i think you misunderstood me, i am not desperate to talk, i was just airing my opinion.

No one is forcing you to trade.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
babajeje123:

Whether you get paid or otherwise is not my concern. My concern is, just like in Nigeria, having a square peg in a round hole.

Apply to become a mod but i must warn you though that your next tithe money is not coming from here. Its a thankless service where you have to deal with people like yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
toughest007:

Tithe is discussed here and everyone is entitled to their opinion and stand on tithe. It doesn't have to be his money before he speaks. Rubbish is rubbish regardless of how you sugar-coat it.

Getting a 50k job in 6weeks of landing ain't a biggie if one plays his/her card well.

Ah, this my banking background must pay o! £50k job?? Without pushing trolley or doing care for £22k??

Please someone should help my condition abeg... Give me through pass abeg, I will dribble keeper and score 🥺

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phil46: 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
Chreze:

Cool. But I will do the other way round. I mean write them for a payment plan and then start payment. Trust me, the person with 1k payment completed it 6months after the program. Them just write am as debt for him record with the school. One thing with this UK I have found out is, not everyone working in an office have perfect understanding of the policy. Sometime when calling, call like 3 different times (speaking to 3 different people) to proceed. You will be shocked someone else will give you a slightly different part of the policy that favors you.

Request for payment plan sighting forex difficulty from your home country. They will set up a plan for you, then you start paying from your 1400. You can request for 6months. Try speaking to someone on phone to help out. Keep calling till you speak to someone who understands your situation.

Wow! This is why I'll always be grateful to Nairaland and this thread. I would never have considered all these possibilities on my own. I will follow the advice diligently starting this week. Thank you so much once again.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Advision: 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2023
There's no basis for tithe payment/first fruit in the new testament. It is borne out of the concern that if people are left to give from a freewill. They may give below 10%.

Moreso tithing came with explicit blessings and curses which makes it fanciful to many pastors to drive compliance.

I do not think the absence of tithing is why churches in the UK are declining, rather less enthusiasm for religion.

In Nigeria, to travel using the roads which most do, you have to pray for "safe trip", unemployment is also very high, so you have to pray for a job.

Hospital, you pray to come out of the casualty ward alive. These many things we prayed and kept faith for in Nigeria, builds a very strong sense of spirituality those born here do not have.

In the absence of new migrants and after a few generation, all things being equal, the african-dominated chuches will follow same trajectory as their oyinbo counterparts.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2023
Gift7428:
When did you apply?
I applied for PR no response for months. I heard it takes about 3-6 months

Did you write French tests? Or just ielts?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2023
ehizario2012:

Ah, this my banking background must pay o! £50k job?? Without pushing trolley or doing care for £22k??

Please someone should help my condition abeg... Give me through pass abeg, I will dribble keeper and score 🥺
No dey dull…….see salary for role for Monzo bank. Utilise your previous experience and use google and YouTube for knowledge about hotcake roles for banking for here and rejig your CV.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2023
Luada:

Me desperate to talk, i think you misunderstood me, i am not desperate to talk, i was just airing my opinion.

No one is forcing you to trade.

Yea, sure... No one can attempt even by 'airing an opinion'!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 9:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
rinzylee:

There was no need to drag the church or someone's service to God over a simple matter.

Why not address the issue and the person?

What did quoting scripture or carrying church on the head have to do with the topic?

Being careful is not equal to spreading fear.

I hope the day police takes away that lady's child, we will dig up this chat.

Public apology - Her child will not be taken away. I am sorry for putting it that way. My sincere apologies.

I sincerely wish she be careful and operate within the provisions of the law. I have 2 people in Norwich now, kids taken away.

Abeg make we obey the laws of the land.

Thank you

Sincere apologies please

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by topellycategory: 10:04pm On Oct 29, 2023
Giving of alms to the needing.
Charity way of helping the less privileged.

Chinlov:
can you also teach us what Zakat is used for please?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gift7428: 10:52pm On Oct 29, 2023
Only IELTS

hustla:

Did you write French tests? Or just ielts?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tenski: 11:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
LaXxOnebody:
Capital One are quite bullish in the markrt and liberal about your visa status. Up to £1,500 means you wont get more than that, from my experience they'd probably grant you a £200 credit limit that can be increased to £800 a fee months down the line if your usage & repayment ticks all their boxes.

Go for it. Try to stay below a 40٪ utilizationof your credit limit.

I will do as you’ve said, thank you so much. Accepting my application is good enough for me as i’d use them to build my credit score for future purpose. Thanks a lot for your response

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:02am On Oct 30, 2023
Gift7428:
Only IELTS

Okay thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by GlamMrsO: 12:20am On Oct 30, 2023
Hi everyone.
I really need your advice as I believe this community has been so helpful to a lot, wish I knew so many things earlier.

Just finished my MSc in Data Science here in UK, awaiting my result in November. However, there is and has been a knowledge gap and intuitively I thought to register for a data analytics boot camp, that starts in November and runs for 8-10 weeks (Primary modules completed by December ending) in hopes that I am able to better my knowledge and eventually get a visa that sponsors my stay back in the UK

My dilemma is my current visa expires in Feb 15 2024 and We are a family of 4. I am at a crossroads as to the best step to take given the timeframe

I live in Cardiff and have even sought the most commonly switched-to-visa to no avail

I know you must have come across situations similar to mine, what do you advise I do pls?

Thanks so much

SemmyK, TheGuyfromHR, Lexusgs430, Zahra, Solumtoya, hustla, missjekyll, and everyone pls I need your advice
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:22am On Oct 30, 2023
Cry for help or desperation.......

He would rather have killed himself, than housed on a ship or deported....... If he pulls through, he would still be deported.......

If UK is this bad, according to what seems a perceived conception...... Why would he rather die in the UK, than deported back to Nigeria........

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/oct/29/man-tries-kill-himself-move-bibby-stockholm?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 1:10am On Oct 30, 2023
Solumtoya:

Why's everyone so rude suddenly? Or everyone has been emboldened to show their rudeness? How am I building anticipation? I only got an offer and will share when I think I have all the details besides I'm not under obligation to give you the information so I don't understand why you quoting me to say this.

I think everyone just needs to calm down, we can do better here.

Chill...it's not about being rude, I just don't like someone trying to create unwarranted suspense or anticipation except in movies.

Lie to me that you didn't feel good that some guys above are already begging for the information you have.

My point is if you were not ready to talk don't start the talk. Infact I was chatting with someone on whatsapp for about 15 minutes and the person goes "e get wetin I wan follow you discuss later" and my response was if you want to talk, talk; otherwise just wait till the later and talk. No need to tell me you want to talk to me later.

Remember those days that girls will say I have something to say but don't worry, you will be begging her to talk only for her to raise money issues 😀, and since na you beg her to talk, you don dey tight corner be that.

And just so you know, there is nothing special in whatever lesson you think you have learnt; the way you learnt it and got the mortgage, others will learn it and get their mortgage so I repeat if you want to talk, talk, if you don't want then so be it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: zeke100(m), Mumibaby(f), chunez, dustydee and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.