Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (485923 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dhummystecah(f): 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2023
LORETA:
Good evening guys,
Please my dependant visa expires 15th january,while my wife has renewed her visa for 3 years till october 2026
Please which link can I use to apply to extend my dependant visa.
What proof of funds is needed for this.
Thanks

If your wife holds a skilled worker visa, you can find the majority of the information required to apply as their dependant on this page: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/your-partner-and-children.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LORETA: 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2023
Yes she holds it till october 2026
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2023
What about the graduate visa route which allows you to stay for 3 years?

dhummystecah:
Hello everyone,

Here's where I could use some help. I am in the UK on a dependent visa, and the visa is set to expire in January. Unfortunately, my husband, who has recently completed his PhD in chemical engineering, has been facing challenges in securing employment due to companies requiring prior experience. Endorsement wasn't approved for global talent.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
Tt

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mizGene(f): 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
dhummystecah:
Hello everyone,

I want to share an update on my journey in the UK. In 2022, I faced challenges finding a job after relocating to the UK. I appreciate all the advice I received from you all during that time. After careful consideration, I decided to transition from a career in biotechnology to one in Tech.

I've reached out to my current employer to inquire about the possibility of them sponsoring my visa, and they have mentioned that they will explore this option. However, I'm uncertain about what steps to take next. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. Speak with your line mgr and/or the HR. Let them know that you need to have a decision soon (this Nov) and a COS for application by Dec preferably. Your current employer is prob your path of least resistance for sponsorship especially if you have been delivering on the job.

2. Start searching for other employers ASAP, harder to achieve within the time line but not impossible.

3. Hubby should double efforts on his part as well.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
I go reason am cos e reach to do😂
hustla:

Come back and do NL giveaway grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
I go reason am cos e reach to do😂

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dhummystecah(f): 7:18pm On Nov 02, 2023
adefoluk:
No, there is Global Talent Visa for Research/Academia.

Hello, what can we do next if the endorsement wasn't successful? Does the appeal process usually yield positive result?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dhummystecah(f): 7:20pm On Nov 02, 2023
Bourne007:
What about the graduate visa route which allows you to stay for 3 years?

I'm uncertain if he can switch back to a graduate visa because we're currently on Tier 2. He made this change last year when he secured a 1-year lecturing contract.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dhummystecah(f): 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2023
mizGene:

1. Speak with your line mgr and/or the HR. Let them know that you need to have a decision soon (this Nov) and a COS for application by Dec preferably. Your current employer is prob your path of least resistance for sponsorship especially if you have been delivering on the job.

2. Start searching for other employers ASAP, harder to achieve within the time line but not impossible.

3. Hubby should double efforts on his part as well.

Thank you very much. I will double down on your first point. Their hesitance stems from their lack of prior experience. I'm also actively searching for opportunities, but I haven't secured any interviews thus far."
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2023
Nah he can't switch. When you said recently completed his PhD, I assumed you were on a student visa.

Like mizgene said, you have to work towards getting sponsorship. Hopefully you will get one soon. 🤞

dhummystecah:

I'm uncertain if he can switch back to a graduate visa because we're currently on Tier 2. He made this change last year when he secured a 1-year lecturing contract.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2023
bigtt76:
I de for you bro

Hi i no see your green light oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2023
LORETA:
Good evening guys,
Please my dependant visa expires 15th january,while my wife has renewed her visa for 3 years till october 2026
Please which link can I use to apply to extend my dependant visa.
What proof of funds is needed for this.
Thanks

You don't need proof of fund, if you've lived in the UK for upto a year
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 10:43am On Nov 03, 2023
igbsam:
which country is best to apply for schengen visa ? Anyone please, also can i use tourist schengen visa to transit ?

Edakun
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2023
who is going on to Albania, Macedonia and Montenegro soon ?

it's doing me to leave UK again.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2023
igbsam:

Edakun
to be honest anyone. but stick with western europe first. if no dates, then you can check eastern Europe countries under Schengen.

Currently, the one we have is from Germany.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LORETA: 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
No boss,
I havent lived in uk ,uptill 1 year
heroshark:

You don't need proof of fund, if you've lived in the UK for upto a year
(only 8 months ).
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
who is going on to Albania, Macedonia and Montenegro soon ?

it's doing me to leave UK again.

I for like go but man's not hot

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Sonniajude: 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2023
Good afternoon everyone
Please I need an enquiry about visa curtailment for an undergraduate student whose visa was curtailed because he has no academic activities for the next 60days due to a resit that is meant to be written next year and the university has asked him to leave the uk and reapply for a new visa from Nigeria . Please has anyone been in this situation before and what was the outcome as he is very scared about the situation. This person still have to more years to go for the current course and the current visa was meant to expire 2025 . The person did not also get any letter from UkVI and immigration status still shows details of the current visa. Please I will appreciate it if anyone who has any information about this response to my trend . Thanks in advance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2023
hustla:

I for like go but man's not hot

grin
lmaooo

I am a cheap skate. my return ticket is 30 pounds. be like e don cost now sha, accommodation sef no too bad.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
to be honest anyone. but stick with western europe first. if no dates, then you can check eastern Europe countries under Schengen.

Currently, the one we have is from Germany.

Okay. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2023
Ha ...I sent you PM shaa though I've not checked my email yet cheesy

lavida001:

Hi i no see your green light oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
Is the university aware that his visa expires in 2025? And is the visa expiring after the resit date?

Sonniajude:
Good afternoon everyone
Please I need an enquiry about visa curtailment for an undergraduate student whose visa was curtailed because he has no academic activities for the next 60days due to a resit that is meant to be written next year and the university has asked him to leave the uk and reapply for a new visa from Nigeria . Please has anyone been in this situation before and what was the outcome as he is very scared about the situation. This person still have to more years to go for the current course and the current visa was meant to expire 2025 . The person did not also get any letter from UkVI and immigration status still shows details of the current visa. Please I will appreciate it if anyone who has any information about this response to my trend . Thanks in advance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hahaha cheesy We don't discourage people here o, we only tell you the truth about the situation(s) on ground, the final decision is left to you to take.

My first question to you would be - Have you been requested to pay for the placement in the UK? Also forget about people posting or telling you care jobs is nasty or degrading ....if it is, why are they doing it? Many are thriving in it and on sponsorship sef. Truth however is that it can be demanding with high risk of not getting enough shifts to live on cheesy

FaithfulGod4me:
Good morning nairalanders, please i'm in a little fix and need honest opinions.

I have been reading about care giver job and people say its a nasty job and degrading.

I also have an opportunity to enter UK via IT work but we will be trained for some months in the UK on tech skills before job placements.

I have aready done courses on care giving and gotten certificates and have also commensed processing for HCPC registration (i am originally into Healthcare here in Naija but must get UK license before getting a job in my original career and chances of me getting a job in my original career is higher if i am already in UK).

Bottom line is that... The goal now is to enter the UK legally.
Should i take the IT opportunity or the care giver route?

Please don't discourage me. I have been through alot already.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
lmaooo

I am a cheap skate. my return ticket is 30 pounds. be like e don cost now sha, accommodation sef no too bad.

shocked

How you take do am? Was seeing £1200 on tik tok
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ukliving: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
lmaooo

30 pounds to three destinations?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Sonniajude: 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
bigtt76:
Is the university aware that his visa expires in 2025? And is the visa expiring after the resit date?

Yeah the university is aware but the resit is next year April and that will lead to visa extension as the course will be ending in 2026 due to the resit
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by julli789(f): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hello Manchester people who has a room to rent in their flat? I'm Very neat and organised🙏
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
Ukliving:

30 pounds to three destinations?
from manchy to tirana

And

PODGORICA to Stansted

I'll use bus or rent car to move within.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
hustla:

shocked

How you take do am? Was seeing £1200 on tik tok
from UK or Nigeria ?

Ahh. I've never spent up 200 for me and Missus since all our waka.

So me and Mrs na 60 pounds.

Then hotel for one week in 4 locations like 250 pounds for two of us only 2 with breakfast included sha . Rest na apartment

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ukliving: 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
from manchy to tirana

And

PODGORICA to Stansted

I'll use bus or rent car to move within.

Nice
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
from UK or Nigeria ?

Ahh. I've never spent up 200 for me and Missus since all our waka.

So me and Mrs na 60 pounds.

Then hotel for one week in 4 locations like 250 pounds for two of us only 2 with breakfast included sha . Rest na apartment

From UK o

Its not bad at all. Which other countries do you recommend?

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (553) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: anozie09(m), yinkard4me(m), moshuur(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.