Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (465780 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (537) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 9:53am On Nov 04, 2023
Has anyone gone to the Dominican republic before with Nigerian Passport and Uk work permit before? Does it require entry visa? Seen alot of things online on it being visa free, but nothing official. Emailed their consulate and tourism board but yet to get a response.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 9:56am On Nov 04, 2023
missjekyll:
Hi Everyone 👋. Look what I found. A new way of repairing potholes in 3 minutes!
Any civil engineer here? Can this be applied to Nigerian roads? If no , why not?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/potholes-redbridge-council-london-borough-sadiq-khan-department-transport-b1117973.html

It could. The drawback I see may be in the level of bonding of the spray with the quality of materials used on our roads... You know we don't really adhere to standards and specification.
Most of our potholes (I would call them tank holes) are 'king-size' and this may restrict use of the spray as the spec may be tied to certain sizes of pothole sizes.

You can't find the sort of potholes we have in naija here in the UK and the research done may have been focused on such potholes.

Potholes are the least of our problems in Nigeria at the moment. There are more pressing challenges! The criminal in Aso Rock is one of them!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2023
toughest007:

It could. The drawback I see may be in the level of bonding of the spray with the quality of materials used on our roads... You know we don't really adhere to standards and specification.
Most of our potholes (I would call them tank holes) are 'king-size' and this may restrict use of the spray as the spec may be tied to certain sizes of pothole sizes.

You can't find the sort of potholes we have in naija here in the UK and the research done may have been focused on such potholes.

Potholes are the least of our problems in Nigeria at the moment. There are more pressing challenges! The criminal in Aso Rock is one of them!!!

How's he a criminal?

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 10:42am On Nov 04, 2023
hustla:

Unlimited? shocked

Not unlimited but very very cheap rate especially white calling. Thats what i use most. You will mk calls to naija well
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2023
Progressivegee:

Not unlimited but very very cheap rate especially white calling. Thats what i use most. You will mk calls to naija well

Issorai

Ill try it

I pay around £12 for 120 mins or so on Rebtel
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 10:57am On Nov 04, 2023
hustla:

Issorai

Ill try it

I pay around £12 for 120 mins or so on Rebtel

Rebel is also cheap

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:57am On Nov 04, 2023
Progressivegee:

Rebel is also cheap

Not bad at all smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Juwon21: 11:25am On Nov 04, 2023
Progressivegee:

Download white calling app or Boss Revolution app. With £10 or less, you go call naija numbers tire
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 11:31am On Nov 04, 2023
hustla:

How's he a criminal?

grin

Ah, apologies!

I was actually meant to say CRIMINALS!

Tinubu and his associates are criminals!!! I say it with my full chest.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Juwon21: 11:39am On Nov 04, 2023
Progressivegee:

Is it mostly subscription, or the amount is valid till you exhaust it white calling
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:39am On Nov 04, 2023
toughest007:

Ah, apologizes!

I was actually meant to say CRIMINALS!

Tinubu and his associates are criminals!!! I say it with my full chest.

Ehn, in what way?

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 11:52am On Nov 04, 2023
Juwon21:

Is it mostly subscription, or the amount is valid till you exhaust it white calling

It's no subscription. Use till you exhaust
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
hustla:

Ehn, in what way?

grin

In whatever way you are able to decipher.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2023
toughest007:

In whatever way you are able to decipher.

I no dey fight you na

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
Datakey:
Good morning house.
I'm 2 months in the UK. And I just checked my credit score on experian and it is 771. How do I boost it up? And can I apply for a credit card now ? And if yes, how do I go about that
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
hustla:

I no dey fight you na

grin

Fight ke! Hmmmm...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2023
I thought so. But i wasnt asking for the whole of Nigeria,you see. Just my tiny portion of it. If everyone focuses on their tiny portion of Nigeria, it ll get better, no?
toughest007:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 3:14pm On Nov 04, 2023
It's a rainy miserable day.

I m proposing a motion for debate.

Who do you think was right in the interview between Rufai Oseni and Onokpasa? There's room on the fence too if you want to sit. Just tell us why you think so.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
missjekyll:

Who do you think was right in the interview between Rufai Oseni and Onokpasa? There's room on the fence too if you want to sit. Just tell us why you think so.

Rufai obviously, Onokpasa could not handle facts. That is exactly how politicians need to be interviewed

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
I quite agree. I wouldn'thave laughed at him or dared him to walk out. But i m here for the tough questions.
justwise:

Rufai obviously, Onokpasa could not handle facts. That is exactly how politicians need to be interviewed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
missjekyll:
I thought so. But i wasnt asking for the whole of Nigeria,you see. Just my tiny portion of it. If everyone focuses on their tiny portion of Nigeria, it ll get better, no?

Nah! Putting the cart before the horse isn't gona take us anywhere.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by chulo04: 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2023
Bro, Please can you share the cv with me.

Thank you.

donshaddow:
Pls o my pple.
Who has a room to rent in Walthamstow and environ.
Or East London sha by month end.
Relocation things cos of a new job.

And for those who still need my editable UK CV kindly holla make I send am.
I also get contact for who go help u with reference ooo with kinkini money.

We lift others.

Also, for jobs, create a linkd profile. Indeed sef gud.
Someone got job through CV library also.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2023
missjekyll:

Did you watch the ndume interview on Arise.......

You would cringe....... abati also fired some repeated shots ....... Trust ndume, he never read between the lines .........😂😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tolajay: 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2023
A major hurdle you'll need to cross before earning and worrying about in-country issues is location verification on Upwork.

After a few logins within the UK, Upwork will change your location to UK instead of Nigeria. I'm not entirely sure you can get a reliable Nigerian VPN to consistently mask your IP and location.

If Upwork successfully migrates your location to UK, then, you will be visibly breaching the terms of your visa.

Thewritingnerd:
Good afternoon everyone, quick question: I already had an Upwork account from Nigeria (NB: this account wasn’t active, I just created it and abandoned it) ,

if I were to change the account location and start using it to get freelance work now in the UK, would the hours count towards my 20-limit as a student? Would it be considered self-employment which is a breach of the student visa conditions?

Add: Also, is remote work that I’d been doing for a UK client from back home and I’ve continued to do now that I’m in the uk part of my 20 hours too 🤔

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2023
How good is a civil service job in the UK? As in the benefits and others .....any idea? Justwise, Lexusgs430, Koonbey, Zahra
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2023
missjekyll:

Rufai was right

Its painful that we have the likes of Onokpasa anywhere near the government. Painfully illiterate, crass and devoid of any decorum

I would rather interview Primary 4 students than that petulant adult

SMH!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
bigtt76:
How good is a civil service job in the UK? As in the benefits and others .....any idea? Justwise, Lexusgs430, Koonbey, Zahra

Salary might not be that great compared to the private sector but they offer defined benefit pension scheme and a very healthy 27% employer contribution. There’s also job security and a generous annual leave allowance.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2023
:owow i missed that. Let me go watch it
Lexusgs430:

Did you watch the ndume interview on Arise.......

You would cringe....... abati also fired some repeated shots ....... Trust ndume, he never read between the lines .........😂😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2023
There are currently 4 primary schools in my town. 2 were 100% community built. The arterial road connecting the trunk b road to the town square was privately funded. The town has been muddling along

I believe Nigerians deserve better than what they have currently but while we are waiting to get a better government, we can be driving on smooth roads, cant we?
toughest007:

Nah! Putting the cart before the horse isn't gona take us anywhere.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 04, 2023
bigtt76:

Low pay compared to private sector in terms of responsibilities. For instance, as a team lead you might be earning the salary that would be offered for just an IC role in the private sector.

That being said it’s usually not as fast paced and demanding as private sector. The biggest benefit is the benefits though - the pension contribution is huge compared to most private sector companies and there’s job security and generous leave allowances as someone has said.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Akhat: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2023
Good evening. Please how can I contact British Gas. I have not been able to reach them through the contact numbers on the website. I just moved into a new apartment, and I found out that the energy supplier to the apartment is British gas, but I do not wish to continue with them. I want to notify them but have been unable to get across to them. Please anyone with contact number or email that they respond to should help me with it please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (537) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: OmichaelO, Lexusgs430, Ibro99

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.