Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,490 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460397 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donplus1: 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2023
Just incase someone needs this.

A room is available for rent in Suffolk (Stowmarket) 15 mins to Ipswich.

Double room

Private bathroom/WC
Shared kitchen and living room

600pcm

All bills
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2023
hustla:

From UK o

Its not bad at all. Which other countries do you recommend?
Albania and Montenegro is visa free for brp holders.

Macedonia used to be. But since march they stopped.

Malta was cheap

Brussels too,

Cologne

Amsterdam was fair

Spain was expensive due to location we went.

Luxembourg was expensive

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2023
Is this a resit with course attendance or what? If you have a valid visa expiring in 2025 as you mentioned earlier and exam is April 2024, your current visa covers it, where then is 2026 course end-date coming from?

In any case, I would suggest you consult an immigration lawyer for this cos the university might not want to issue you with a fresh CAS to re-apply for the visa.

Sonniajude:

Yeah the university is aware but the resit is next year April and that will lead to visa extension as the course will be ending in 2026 due to the resit

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
It's somewhat similar to https://www.nairaland.com/6719932/living-uk-life-immigrant-part-2/878#121736531 (Maureen). I will suggest you read through and apply the same logic.

Inform your uni that UKVI allows extension of visas in-country if resitting exams or repeating modules
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/extend-your-visa

Sonniajude:

Yeah the university is aware but the resit is next year April and that will lead to visa extension as the course will be ending in 2026 due to the resit

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
from UK or Nigeria ?

Ahh. I've never spent up 200 for me and Missus since all our waka.

So me and Mrs na 60 pounds.

Then hotel for one week in 4 locations like 250 pounds for two of us only 2 with breakfast included sha . Rest na apartment

Bros you dey try for this basic fare. Madam no dey carry better suitcase travel? There’s no way my toiletries will fit into Ryanair or Wizz Air cabin baggage let alone clothes. I’ll advise people to upgrade to the fare with checked baggage to avoid nasty surprises at the airport.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:

Malta was cheap

Brussels too,

Cologne

Amsterdam was fair

Luxembourg was expensive

Na you truly dey enjoy UK

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
Peerielass:

Bros you dey try for this basic fare. Madam no dey carry better suitcase travel? There’s no way my toiletries will fit into Ryanair or Wizz Air cabin baggage let alone clothes. I’ll advise people to upgrade to the fare with checked baggage to avoid nasty surprises at the airport.

shocked

WIll a basic school bag fit?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ukliving: 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:

Malta was cheap

Brussels too,

Cologne

Amsterdam was fair

Luxembourg was expensive

Enjoyment
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ukliving: 7:09pm On Nov 03, 2023
Abeg how person fit strategically apply for cybersecurity jobs?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2023
Ukliving:
Abeg how person fit strategically apply for cybersecurity jobs?

CVlibrary, LinkedIn, Indeed... Not just cybersecurity jobs but all jobs! Adjust CV and cover letter to suit respective application. One needs to be totally committed!

I always say this to folks, applying for a job is some sort of full time job. It can be stressful and discouraging, but the moment one have populated his/her CVs out there, the calls and interview schedules will become overwhelming and at some point one would need to deactivate these profiles...

All of the above is from experience and not hearsay.

All the best.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tinyemeka(m): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
from UK or Nigeria ?

Ahh. I've never spent up 200 for me and Missus since all our waka.

So me and Mrs na 60 pounds.

Then hotel for one week in 4 locations like 250 pounds for two of us only 2 with breakfast included sha . Rest na apartment

With BRP or ILR?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2023
Peerielass:

lmao.

When we're going to certain places we just do extra 10kg. But since we got a bag from temu, we don get the hack. Lol

Even the seat, we don't pay. We will see in our various location.
🤣

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2023
Tinyemeka:

With BRP or ILR?
BRP. got here last year.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2023
Ukliving:

Enjoyment
it's very tight budget trip. We no dey do pass 500 pounds with 2 countries

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2023
hustla:

Na you truly dey enjoy UK

grin
following your footsteps sir
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ukliving: 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
lmao.

When we're going to certain places we just do extra 10kg. But since we got a bag from temu, we don get the hack. Lol

🤣

Tell us more about the bag and hack
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tinyemeka(m): 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
BRP. got here last year.

smiley That's wonderful!

Enjoy.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donshaddow(m): 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
Pls o my pple.
Who has a room to rent in Walthamstow and environ.
Or East London sha by month end.
Relocation things cos of a new job.

And for those who still need my editable UK CV kindly holla make I send am.
I also get contact for who go help u with reference ooo with kinkini money.

We lift others.

Also, for jobs, create a linkd profile. Indeed sef gud.
Someone got job through CV library also.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
following your footsteps sir

Only country I've "visited" since is Nigeria

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rinzylee(m): 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
lmao.

🤣

Abeg drop link for the bag my brother
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by FaithfulGod4me(f): 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Thank you. You simply register on the site, it’s called CV library, upload your CV, a cover letter, look for roles and then apply.
Just make sure you keep tweaking your cv and cover letter to suit the roles you’re applying for. That’s all.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by FaithfulGod4me(f): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2023
bigtt76:
Hahaha cheesy We don't discourage people here o, we only tell you the truth about the situation(s) on ground, the final decision is left to you to take.

My first question to you would be - Have you been requested to pay for the placement in the UK? Also forget about people posting or telling you care jobs is nasty or degrading ....if it is, why are they doing it? Many are thriving in it and on sponsorship sef. Truth however is that it can be demanding with high risk of not getting enough shifts to live on cheesy

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2023
OmichaelO:
lmao.

🤣

Abeg show us way.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Juwon21: 4:19am On Nov 04, 2023
Good morning my people,

I am on a student visa with lebara sim card.
Please how can I call Nigeria from UK with the SIM or App that I can use??

I wish to make international calls to Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 6:43am On Nov 04, 2023
Hi Everyone 👋. Look what I found. A new way of repairing potholes in 3 minutes!
Any civil engineer here? Can this be applied to Nigerian roads? If no , why not?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/potholes-redbridge-council-london-borough-sadiq-khan-department-transport-b1117973.html
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 6:46am On Nov 04, 2023
Good morning house.
I'm 2 months in the UK. And I just checked my credit score on experian and it is 771. How do I boost it up? And can I apply for a credit card now ? And if yes, how do I go about that
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:50am On Nov 04, 2023
Juwon21:
Good morning my people,

WhatsApp, Rebtel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:51am On Nov 04, 2023
Datakey:
Good morning house.
I'm 2 months in the UK. And I just checked my credit score on experian and it is 771. How do I boost it up? And can I apply for a credit card now ? And if yes, how do I go about that

Are you on the electoral register?

You can apply using my link

https://americanexpress.com/en-gb/referral/oLUDooPEsp?XL=MNANS
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bns4eva: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2023
donshaddow:
Pls o my pple.
Who has a room to rent in Walthamstow and environ.
Or East London sha by month end.
Relocation things cos of a new job.

And for those who still need my editable UK CV kindly holla make I send am.
I also get contact for who go help u with reference ooo with kinkini money.

We lift others.

Also, for jobs, create a linkd profile. Indeed sef gud.
Someone got job through CV library also.

I have someone living in walthamstow central.
You can dm me to share his contact
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Progressivegee: 8:24am On Nov 04, 2023
Juwon21:
Good morning my people,

Download white calling app or Boss Revolution app. With £10 or less, you go call naija numbers tire

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:56am On Nov 04, 2023
Progressivegee:

Download white calling app or Boss Revolution app. With £10 or less, you go call naija numbers tire

Unlimited? shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: yungokus, hyzich(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.