Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,298 members, 7,829,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (487322 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
missjekyll:
There are currently 4 primary schools in my town. 2 were 100% community built. The arterial road connecting the trunk b road to the town square was privately funded. The town has been muddling along

I believe Nigerians deserve better than what they have currently but while we are waiting to get a better government, we can be driving on smooth roads, cant we?

Take away emotion and type realistically. These localized efforts have been crippled by the state of the economy of the country.

Again, I say that you are putting the cart before the horse. Driving safely on smooth roads doesn't take away the numerous insecurities that is bedeviling our roads. Smooth roads won't take that away!!

Saying Nigerians deserve better is a huge understatement!

Now, imagine what impact would be felt if 10%, 20%, 30% corruption is systematically taken away and the huge govt spending is cut down, top echelons in the military and paramilitary prosecuted! The impact can never be compared with tiny localized efforts!!!

See eh, this talk is hydra-headed. So many connecting facets. Let's leave it here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donshaddow(m): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
chulo04:
Bro, Please can you share the cv with me.

Thank you.

Chat me on the email on my profile.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donshaddow(m): 11:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
bns4eva:

I have someone living in walthamstow central.
You can dm me to share his contact

Pls I lost the email used opening my nairaland account.
Kindly send me an email through the email on my profile.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by courage54(m): 12:34am On Nov 05, 2023
Akhat:
Good evening. Please how can I contact British Gas. I have not been able to reach them through the contact numbers on the website. I just moved into a new apartment, and I found out that the energy supplier to the apartment is British gas, but I do not wish to continue with them. I want to notify them but have been unable to get across to them. Please anyone with contact number or email that they respond to should help me with it please.

You don’t really need to contact them before you switch. Just switch to your preferred gas vendor, they will be the one to contact British Gas for the switch.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:10am On Nov 05, 2023
toughest007:

CVlibrary, LinkedIn, Indeed... Not just cybersecurity jobs but all jobs! Adjust CV and cover letter to suit respective application. One needs to be totally committed!

I always say this to folks, applying for a job is some sort of full time job. It can be stressful and discouraging, but the moment one have populated his/her CVs out there, the calls and interview schedules will become overwhelming and at some point one would need to deactivate these profiles...

All of the above is from experience and not hearsay.

All the best.

If you don’t have the job experience employers are looking for if you like populate all over the web, you no go get feedback.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 2:15am On Nov 05, 2023
lavida001:

If you don’t have the job experience employers are looking for if you like populate all over the web, you no go get feedback.

My statement was as clear as daylight. It's only a fool that applies for a job without having the minimum requisite experience.

Your assertion is strong and could be from personal experience, yea?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 3:11am On Nov 05, 2023
toughest007:

My statement was as clear as daylight. It's only a fool that applies for a job without having the minimum requisite experience.

Your assertion is strong and could be from personal experience, yea?

Not everything is as they seems lately when it comes to job hunting. But we move
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 3:12am On Nov 05, 2023
donshaddow:

Chat me on the email on my profile.

Na care jobs CV right ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 5:31am On Nov 05, 2023
toughest007:

CVlibrary, LinkedIn, Indeed... Not just cybersecurity jobs but all jobs! Adjust CV and cover letter to suit respective application. One needs to be totally committed!

I always say this to folks, applying for a job is some sort of full time job. It can be stressful and discouraging, but the moment one have populated his/her CVs out there, the calls and interview schedules will become overwhelming and at some point one would need to deactivate these profiles...

All of the above is from experience and not hearsay.

All the best.

Make I ask this quick question, all these CV modifications we do and post on various job platforms, una dey change name too abinu make the CV unsearchable? I just dey reason what if potential employers dey see same name, like 12 CVs... 😂 I get like 7 CVs 👀
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 5:45am On Nov 05, 2023
courage54:

You don’t really need to contact them before you switch. Just switch to your preferred gas vendor, they will be the one to contact British Gas for the switch.

Please can u advise on the best electricity/gas provider to use? Currently using e.on for both but not sure if they are the best deal 😔
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 6:17am On Nov 05, 2023
hustla:

How about this one? 55M naira to his wife on stage while in church grin

https://twitter.com/yabaleftonline/status/1719086974189863165?t=onSdd-2a3YdzdGzdIBuAgA&s=19

Arrrghh! Nawa o! Honestly it's "pastors" like this one that make people attack Pentecostal and tithe issues... I mean, how do one explain this Are those church members under a spell Nawa o!

This is why I said I'll never attend a one man church or something like that.

I'm proudly a Catholic, but if I wasn't then I'll have been an Anglican, or Methodist or Baptist... But never a one-man church where their GO shows off with private jets and 55m cash gifts to "pepper Dem"

Too bad...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Resurgent2016: 6:44am On Nov 05, 2023
Abeg what could possible happen if you have a 3 months notice period to resign but want to do 2 months because that is how long the other employer can possibly wait?

HR doesn't seem to want to allow my offset with my annual leave. But I have a very good relationship with my boss and think I can get him to agree.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Overthinker: 6:50am On Nov 05, 2023
Juwon21:
Good morning my people,

I am on a student visa with lebara sim card.
Please how can I call Nigeria from UK with the SIM or App that I can use??

I wish to make international calls to Nigeria

Download Tesco International calling its 11p per minute

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2023
Overthinker:

Download Tesco International calling its 11p per minute

Is this actually better than Yolanda?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Overthinker: 7:23am On Nov 05, 2023
ehizario2012:

Is this actually better than Yolanda?

I haven't used Yolanda but this allows you text, recharge people in Nigeria. just good experience since I've been using them for two months now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Sugargal: 7:36am On Nov 05, 2023
Resurgent2016:
Abeg what could possible happen if you have a 3 months notice period to resign but want to do 2 months because that is how long the other employer can possibly wait?

HR doesn't seem to want to allow my offset with my annual leave. But I have a very good relationship with my boss and think I can get him to agree.

Thanks

Apply for one month terminal leave. Let the date be the start of the other job. As long as you have not used your annual leave, this should work. Or get your organisation's policy and check.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:58am On Nov 05, 2023
ehizario2012:

Arrrghh! Nawa o! Honestly it's "pastors" like this one that make people attack Pentecostal and tithe issues... I mean, how do one explain this Are those church members under a spell Nawa o!

This is why I said I'll never attend a one man church or something like that.

I'm proudly a Catholic, but if I wasn't then I'll have been an Anglican, or Methodist or Baptist... But never a one-man church where their GO shows off with private jets and 55m cash gifts to "pepper Dem"

Too bad...

Its the work of devil

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donshaddow(m): 8:04am On Nov 05, 2023
bns4eva:

I have someone living in walthamstow central.
You can dm me to share his contact

Or drop ur contact let me call.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donshaddow(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2023
lavida001:

Na care jobs CV right ?

Modify to your taste.
The template can be tweaked.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bns4eva: 8:12am On Nov 05, 2023
donshaddow:

Or drop ur contact let me call.
Thanks

Alright it's fine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Akhat: 8:36am On Nov 05, 2023
courage54:

British gas supplies only electricity to the apartment. I contacted Octopus, they told me to first contact British gas who are the current electric supplier, before they can take over from them. Or should I try other good electricity provider and see if they can help me notify British gas of my intention to switch?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donplus1: 8:55am On Nov 05, 2023
Akhat:

British gas supplies only electricity to the apartment. I contacted Octopus, they told me to first contact British gas who are the current electric supplier, before they can take over from them. Or should I try other good electricity provider and see if they can help me notify British gas of my intention to switch?

You need to infirm British gas of your move into the apartment using this link

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/new-home/move-in/energy-quote

They will make sure you get energy in your new apartment pending switch.

You can switch to octopus using my referral link, we both get £50

https://share.octopus.energy/young-glow-364

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Akhat: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2023
donplus1:

You need to infirm British gas of your move into the apartment using this link

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/new-home/move-in/energy-quote

They will make sure you get energy in your new apartment pending switch.

You can switch to octopus using my referral link, we both get £50

https://share.octopus.energy/young-glow-364
Thanks.
I have tried this particular link before, I could not find any part on how to switch from BG, rather what it shows is how to switch to BG. Or is there a particular way I need to navigate the link?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by donshaddow(m): 9:28am On Nov 05, 2023
bns4eva:

Alright it's fine.

Whatsapp me. 08133000467

Thanks, you can delete the info now. Sent u a WhatsApp.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2023
Akhat:

Thanks.
I have tried this particular link before, I could not find any part on how to switch from BG, rather what it shows is how to switch to BG. Or is there a particular way I need to navigate the link?

If you stay on their website for few seconds a live chat icon will show up then you can chat with their rep

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mizGene(f): 9:54am On Nov 05, 2023
Sugargal:

Apply for one month terminal leave. Let the date be the start of the other job. As long as you have not used your annual leave, this should work. Or get your organisation's policy and check.
Won't this be contrary to his visa terms? He will be in effect "working" full time with 2 different employers
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Unik91(f): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2023
Hi Fam good morning,
I did not come to brag about what am about to type , I have had my own fair share of many unsuccessful job applications and interviews.
With constant practice and prayers I was now fortunate to get 3 offers presently and am now in a dilemma of what to choose, and I beg experienced members to help me come with a decision. The offers are
1.Operational support grade Prison
2.Health Support worker for Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services
3.Trainee Clinical Support worker

Now am a wife and mum and I want to choose a job that I will be happy with in the long run that will also afford me time for my children and my other responsibilities. Please those that have had experiences in the above should help me throw more light so I don't choose the one I will regret and leave a better option.

Thank you all for your contributions.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2023
Unik91:
Hi Fam good morning,
I did not come to brag about what am about to type , I have had my own fair share of many unsuccessful job applications and interviews.
With constant practice and prayers I was now fortunate to get 3 offers presently and am now in a dilemma of what to choose, and I beg experienced members to help me come with a decision. The offers are
1.Operational support grade Prison
2.Health Support worker for Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services
3.Trainee Clinical Support worker

Now am a wife and mum and I want to choose a job that I will be happy with in the long run that will also afford me time for my children and my other responsibilities. Please those that have had experiences in the above should help me throw more light so I don't choose the one I will regret and leave a better option.

Thank you all for your contributions.

I checked the Operational support grade Prison career progress and there does not seem to be much

For Health Support worker for Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services, from what I have heard from others who have worked in that line, a little lie from a child who does not like you can lead to job loss. It may have better career progression than the Prison role but it could be gone in a jiffy

I have attached what I saw about clinical support though. Looks like it may be better than CAMHS. If it is sure they will retain you after the training and all, best to go for it IMO, otherwise CAMHS

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Unik91(f): 10:54am On Nov 05, 2023
[quote author=hustla post=126801692]

Thank you 🙏
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:58am On Nov 05, 2023
Instead giving your Pastor tithe to buy Gucci, consider donating instead to people like Mr Beast who actually changes lives in real time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwKJfNYwvm8

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2023
Yy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2023
Yy

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (554) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: heroshark(m), D1uncle, etin06(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.