Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (496296 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (560) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Agidipie: 5:03am On Nov 13, 2023
Please I need an advise. Since September, I decided to be saving my holiday pay and other financial incentives I have. I left the monies in my PayPal and revolut account (though not savings account) and I have saved up to £200. I am thinking of opening a real savings account where I can get interests monthly or sending the money to my Nigerian bank. Can someone give me suggestions on genuine banks I can save money that would give me better interest.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by montecarlo(m): 5:20am On Nov 13, 2023
Are you in Doncaster?
ehizario2012:

Thanks. Barnsley Football Club Ltd sef dey 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 5:35am On Nov 13, 2023
She should apply for NIN first. Tell her to search for NIN enrollment center in the UK for Google. She will then pay like £40 for NIN enrolment. She should then apply for her passport. The passport might not be ready in January but she can still apply for her visa with the expired passport, passport application form and a cover letter that explains that her passport is not yet ready. Problem solved
Joyglo:
Hello guys help my friend ooooh

Her passport will expire next month and her school has given her extension to resit her exam saying they will give her a new CAS by January 2024 for her to be able to apply for visa extension.

Secondly because she had been outside Nigeria (turkey) even before the NIN thing she do no have NIN

And we all know that NIN is now very important in applying for a Nigeria passport

What should she do? How and where can she do NIN here in UK and how and where can she apply for international passport. Help please I do not want to loose my friend to depression she has hustled to pay £20,500 tuition fee and she keeps crying she can't go back to Nigeria after all the stress she's be through with domiciliary care to pay tuition. Help! Help!! Help!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:19am On Nov 13, 2023
lavida001:

I was at their temple today. Omo them too plenty plus one in 5 of them has a baby. 😂

Good

If 10% of them population dey abroad, that's more than Nigerias population if im not mistaken

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:21am On Nov 13, 2023
Agidipie:
Please I need an advise. Since September, I decided to be saving my holiday pay and other financial incentives I have. I left the monies in my PayPal and revolut account (though not savings account) and I have saved up to £200. I am thinking of opening a real savings account where I can get interests monthly or sending the money to my Nigerian bank. Can someone give me suggestions on genuine banks I can save money that would give me better interest.

200 may be too small for interests but Chase gives interest. Can save in UsD om piggyvest too, they give interests but it may be a bit small

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:41am On Nov 13, 2023
Suella Braverman Sacked?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 9:51am On Nov 13, 2023
justwise:
Suella Braverman Sacked?

When?

Nothing on the news yet.

Modified:

Yes, she's been sacked.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 9:52am On Nov 13, 2023
Suella is gone!

Rishi reshuffles cabinet.

Suella's political rascality was grossly unbecoming and irking. I'd have been gutted Rishi and his party didn't make a firm decision. Actors like her embolden 'anyhowness' within and outside government.

But hey, another Suella will soon bring up. There's always one everywhere. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:06am On Nov 13, 2023
Raalsalghul:

When?

Nothing on the news yet.

Modified:

Yes, she's been sacked.

Gone for good. will not be remembered for anything good.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by pretty1986: 10:19am On Nov 13, 2023
justwise:

Gone for good. will not be remembered for anything good.
I hope the new person that will enter will change the Immigration policy too, especially this one that states that International student will no longer bring their dependent to UK.that is bad
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by pretty1986: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2023
justwise:
Suella Braverman Sacked?
pls I want Rishi to follow her too.and I want Boris Johnson to come back.I love his administration
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 10:50am On Nov 13, 2023
pretty1986:
I hope the new person that will enter will change the Immigration policy too, especially this one that states that International student will no longer bring their dependent to UK.that is bad

Dey play ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2023
montecarlo:
Are you in Doncaster?

Goldthorpe S63. 16 mins drive.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2023
Guys can my friend use credit card to pay up all her PSW charges?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 11:28am On Nov 13, 2023
pretty1986:
pls I want Rishi to follow her too.and I want Boris Johnson to come back.I love his administration

His backside will be off N0 10 next general election for sure
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 11:34am On Nov 13, 2023
missjekyll:
In that case, please clarify with whoever provides the bank shifts. I do overtime and it all comes on 1 payslip. I just realised our system may be different from yours.

So I reached out to my HR and this is the reply, however I have been advised that I double check with the home office and I will do that.

I also know for a fact that my trust provides our bank shifts. I know some Trusts uses agency like NHSP etc to run their bank but ours is not the case.

Thanks for your input once again.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 11:40am On Nov 13, 2023
Yes she can if the credit card is one of the acceptable schemes (eg Master Card, Visa or AMEX) on the UKVi website.

lavida001:
Guys can my friend use credit card to pay up all her PSW charges?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2023
I hail ...please I would like to ask the following,

Aside the the count down to ILR,

1. What are the advantages of having a Skilled Worker Visa vs Post Study Work Visa?
2. Can a couple split having the Skilled Worker Visa and Post Study Work Visa among themselves? For example spouse goes on Skilled Worker Visa while hubby goes on Post Study?

Your insights would be very much appreciated. kiss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2023
My people, I'm here again... I've been comparing offers online however who can suggest a really good deal for home wifi? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2023
bigtt76:

1. What are the advantages of having a Skilled Worker Visa vs Post Study Work Visa?
2. Can a couple split having the Skilled Worker Visa and Post Study Work Visa among themselves? For example spouse goes on Skilled Worker Visa while hubby goes on Post Study?

1. The benefits of having skilled visa are enormous. That’s why some employer will ask if you will need sponsorship in the future.

2. Your wife can decide not to include you as dependent on her skilled work visa is she wish.

Many things dey occur. I have heard of a scenario where the lady refuse to include the man after she got sponsorship from her care company.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
About time too.

Her remark on homeless people and it being a lifestyle choice sometimes, as well as the incendiary comments on the Armistice Day protest probably were the last straws.

On to the next Suella/Priti/Theresa.

But David Cameron is in though. Makes more sense.

justwise:
Suella Braverman Sacked?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
Please house. I ve found a house that I want to rent but the only ish about the house is that the toilet does not have a radiator for heating while the bathroom has. I want to insist that the LL fix it before paying deposit but I need to know if it is standard that toilet doesn't require it.your swift advice is needed. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2023
LaXxOnebody:
About time too.

Her remark on homeless people and it being a lifestyle.choice sometimes as well as the incendiary commenta on the Armistice Day protest probably were the last straws.

On to the next Suella/Priti/Theresa.

But David Cameron is in though. Makes more sense.

She couldn't keep her opinion official, she said the quiet part out loud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 12:35pm On Nov 13, 2023
Tier4Dependant:

So I reached out to my HR and this is the reply, however I have been advised that I double check with the home office and I will do that.

I also know for a fact that my trust provides our bank shifts. I know some Trusts uses agency like NHSP etc to run their bank but ours is not the case.

Thanks for your input once again.

This is long well established.

Extra work done with your employer does not count towards your 20hr limit.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
bigtt76:

I doubt because since they were both on an initial visa which is student visa, any new application they make, as they are filling the form either the psw or skill worker, the system will ask about the dependant.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Agidipie: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
hustla:

200 may be too small for interests but Chase gives interest. Can save in UsD om piggyvest too, they give interests but it may be a bit small
Okay, thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
Please house. I ve found a house that I want to rent but the only ish about the house is that the toilet does not have a radiator for heating while the bathroom has. I want to insist that the LL fix it before paying deposit but I need to know if it is standard that toilet doesn't require it.your swift advice is needed. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
Hmm.... Thanks for sharing

Goke7:

I doubt because since they were both on an initial visa which is student visa, any new application they make, as they are filling the form either the psw or skill worker, the system will ask about the dependant.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2023
Yes but I thought its optional to formally apply for a dependent despite adding him or her to the application?

I'm asking this because of the perceived restrictions on additional work time while on the skilled worker visa and also setting up a business compared to the post study work visa which kind of allow all of these without restrictions.

Thanks for your response though.

Goke7:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2023
Any applicant can be on any visa category. The system asking about his/her dependant is usually standard and doesn't technically mean they have to be on a dependant visa.

Goke7:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2023
Yes it's correct but if you are worried about restrictions, why no go dependant route na?

bigtt76:
[b]Yes but I thought its optiona[/b]l to formally apply for a dependent despite adding him or her to the application?

I'm asking this because of the perceived restrictions on additional work time while on the skilled worker visa and also setting up a business compared to the post study work visa which kind of allow all of these without restrictions.

Thanks for your response though.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2023
[/b]UK Interior Minister Suella Braverman fired after she accused London police of political bias[b]

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/11/13/uk-interior-minister-suella-braverman-fired.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (560) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: aragbaboy, KingDemolah(m), etin06(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.