Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,960 members, 7,835,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (495559 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (560) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2023
To think he works in care πŸ€¦πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈ folks like this are just closing doors on their fellow compatriots

Zahra29:

true...and the victims there would be too scared to speak out because of the stigma and victim shaming.

Another rape case by another student, this one actually gloated about his actions:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/rape-woman-toilets-fiction-club-28038119.amp

I hope these individuals realise that they will be automatically deported as soon as they are released from prison.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 7:58pm On Nov 12, 2023
hustla:

Costs Β£40K

grin

YBNL
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2023
Doing this sef requires consent else its against privacy act cheesy

lavida001:

In summary don’t sleep with a woman who has been drinking. Even if you want to make sure you record it when she gave the consent either through Voice note or video.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2023
bigtt76:
Doing this sef requires consent else its against privacy act cheesy

That’s why I don’t do one night stand.

Awon Alakoba
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
lavida001:

Everything just hard for this Uk.

Work hard, pray hard, study hard.

God abeg

Nothing good, comes easy .......😁

If it's too easy, é go be like setup.....😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2023
lavida001:

That’s why I don’t do one night stand.

Awon Alakoba

Nah only for 9ja, you dey secure .......πŸ˜‚

At pump price .....😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 8:45pm On Nov 12, 2023
A study should be done on how the Indians are dominating Uk.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2023
lavida001:

Have you seen their population?

grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2023
lavida001:

Don't worry.... We're catching up .....😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Another one of us or is it one of them ........🀣

Came on a student visa in Jan 2023 ...... Raped within a few months (I bet he would have raped over 20 innocent ladies in Nigeria)........

https://southyorks.police.uk/find-out/news-and-appeals/2023/november-2023/man-jailed-after-raping-a-woman/

Is it just me but I don't get the drive on NL to maximise any criminal activity carried out by a Nigerian abroad and subconsciously reflect it on us all.

At least 50,000 Nigerians arrived the UK over the last year. It goes without saying that some would have untoward tendencies just like any group in any part of the world. Are sexual offences overepresented in our group here? I don't think so. I work in a county which is over 95% white British and there are many incidents of sexual harassment and rape which are rightly punished when caught but I don't see how that is a British thing.

The average African/Nigerian male is a recipient of many unfair stereotypes. We fanning those stereotypes does us no favours.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2023
jedisco:

Is it just me but I don't get the drive on NL to maximise any criminal activity carried out by a Nigerian abroad and subconsciously reflect it on us all.

At least 50,000 Nigerians arrived the UK over the last year. It goes without saying that some would have untoward tendencies just like any group in any part of the world. Are sexual offences overepresented in our group here? I don't think so. I work in a county which is over 95% white British and there are many incidents of sexual harassment and rape which are rightly punished when caught but I don't see how that is a British thing.

The average African/Nigerian male is a recipient of many unfair stereotypes. We fanning those stereotypes does us no favours.

It simply serves as a warning to all of us ..... Not to fall prey.......

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:

It simply serves as a warning to all of us ..... Not to fall prey.......

Not to belabour this, but anyone who is forcing himself on a lady in the manner described doesn't need a warning.

There is a difference between pointing out fall points in a system and making it look like every Nigerian male has a tendency towards rape and hence should be bridled. Conversely, the average newish immigrant can appear so timid that they don't even take a stand when their rights are being trampled on.

Thousands of Brits comit crime all over the world. Their media doesn't use their punishment as a recurring flyer to teach other Brits good morals.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mizGene(f): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2023
23rd day: best time to renew car insurance... 21 days for home insurance

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2023
Zahra29:

Lol why are you mad? Isn't your rent providing you a place to live and a base from which to work/study? Isn't paying rent a normal occurrence in nigeria, and very high rents at that in cities like Lagos and Abuja?

While it should remain a firm aspiration to own one's home in the UK, renting until you get there is perfectly normal and part of the process/journey for millions. It takes time to build up a deposit, excellent credit rating and other factors, so don't feel pressured into buying a house (the biggest purchase most people will ever make) in a short time after moving to the UK.

It's similar to how people jumped onto the bandwagon of trying to acquire one or several credit cards within a couple of months of arriving the UK, some without the basic understanding of how credit works and many damaging their credit file in the process.

Some things take time and in the meantime work hard, save hard and acquire the relevant knowledge.

Well said.....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ukay2: 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:

It's not to put anyone under pressure......... But simply, something that people MUST be thinking about .......

Why continually pay your landlord's mortgage..... RENT MONEY IS DEAD MONEY......πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

Someone phoned me month's ago,..... He has been renting for over 3 year's, rent was Β£1500 pcm .......

He saw a letter from his landlord's mortgage company....

LL's mortgage pcm was £375.00 ...... If you fancy sponsoring your LL's holiday's, paying for his PCP vehicle etc etc ....... Keep paying rent ........🀣😁
...Just imagine grin

Don't build a house in Nigeria, whilst been a tenant in the UK ......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

Well said...But simply, something that people MUST be thinking about.....its the mindset that matters and actively working towards it
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by osejijustin(m): 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2023
Please can someone direct me on how to get a sponsorship job in UK. Genuine Link please. I'm a mechanist. A machine operator
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2023
lavida001:

Sometimes I ask myself whether I'm really in UK or Indian.

Na only once or twice non Indian Dr don attend to me in this country, always indian Drs whether physical or phone appointments.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2023
Noworries11:

You nailed it bro
Currently learnt same on YouTube....
Helpful
The challenge is spotting the developing hazard on time (rolling my huge eye balls on the screen looking for hazards like a broad light thief yet sometimes they just pop out suddenly from nowhere grin without me noticing the developing stage
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Datakey: 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2023
Noworries11:
Elders
Una remember the other day Argos deny me their card after hard search but after some weeks perhaps a month plus, i got a mail that I am qualified for a different type of card blah blah...

I checked my experian credit score and discover my point is now at 746 cool

Please what can I benefit from this score at this stage? Or should I keep going maybe to earn more score before applying for anything? cool

I presently do not have any CC except my monzo flexi card (don't know if its fully considered as a cc)

Is the 746 still not enough? For sth maybe mortgage grin

Many thanks my people

Gotten a CC yet? Mine is 771 and I'm yet to get any CC
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2023
ukay2:

Well said...But simply, something that people MUST be thinking about.....its the mindset that matters and actively working towards it

That's the Idea...... Once an idea is hibernating..... It remains in your subconscious, the next phase would be working out a strategy to fulfill that burning desire .........

Nothing is impossible in the UK (well, within reason).......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 11:52pm On Nov 12, 2023
Viruses:

Na only once or twice non Indian Dr don attend to me in this country, always indian Drs whether physical or phone appointments.

The prevalence of Indian doctors you've encountered in the UK and the general visibility of Nigerians in various contexts can be largely attributed to the population sizes of these countries. India, with a population surpassing 1.3 billion, and Nigeria, the most populous country in Africa with over 200 million people, have significant diaspora communities worldwide. This large population base increases the likelihood of encountering their nationals abroad.

For instance, when considering the healthcare sector in the UK, the Indian population means a higher number of Indian medical professionals working internationally, including the UK. Similarly, the large Nigerian population contributes to a more noticeable Nigerian presence globally. This is not only in positive contributions but also in negative stereotypes, like the association with fraud. It's not that other African countries don't have individuals involved in such activities; rather, Nigeria's larger population size results in more frequent reporting and visibility of such incidents involving Nigerians.

also, countries with smaller populations, such as Zimbabwe or Namibia, each with populations under 3 million, have fewer nationals living and working abroad. This smaller population size naturally leads to their lesser representation in various international sectors or in global news narratives.

So, the probability of encountering individuals from populous nations like India or Nigeria, and the frequency of their actions being reported or discussed, is higher due to their larger population numbers. This demographic context is necessary for understanding why certain nationalities appear more prominently in specific sectors or discussions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ukliving: 12:31am On Nov 13, 2023
lavida001:

What’s the name you call rent again?

Guys let’s come together and talk about this rent thing. I have paid over 10k on rent for a single room and each time I think about it it gets me very mad.

How do we break free cos I can’t continue paying this money monthly.

But you're paying for shelter. That's not a bad thing
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:35am On Nov 13, 2023
hustla:

Have you seen their population?

grin

I was at their temple today. Omo them too plenty plus one in 5 of them has a baby. πŸ˜‚
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:39am On Nov 13, 2023
Viruses:

All the calls I have gotten from HR are all Indians.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:44am On Nov 13, 2023
Ukliving:

But you're paying for shelter. That's not a bad thing

I don tire man. Paying this rent monthly is strange to me.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 2:34am On Nov 13, 2023
::

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 2:36am On Nov 13, 2023
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
lavida001:

Everything just hard for this Uk.

Work hard, pray hard, study hard.

God abeg
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 2:41am On Nov 13, 2023
Interesting perspective.
Lexusgs430:

It's not to put anyone under pressure......... But simply, something that people MUST be thinking about .......

Why continually pay your landlord's mortgage..... RENT MONEY IS DEAD MONEY......πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

Someone phoned me month's ago,..... He has been renting for over 3 year's, rent was Β£1500 pcm .......

He saw a letter from his landlord's mortgage company....

LL's mortgage pcm was £375.00 ...... If you fancy sponsoring your LL's holiday's, paying for his PCP vehicle etc etc ....... Keep paying rent ........🀣😁

Don't build a house in Nigeria, whilst been a tenant in the UK ......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:36am On Nov 13, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Interesting perspective.

In essence, people have to pay rent...... But I feel it should only be for a certain period of time.......

Apart from not paying your LL mortgage, you also build wealth and create some sort of financial freedom for our children........ If this growth continues over a period of time, the next generation would not be living a stressed out existence........

Imagine if our collective parents left Nigeria at the same pace and invested for our generation, all this hard life would be greatly reduced........

Think of the multiplier effect 3 years rental payment of Β£50,000, would achieve, if properly invested ..... You would simply be existing on dividends........... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyglo: 4:49am On Nov 13, 2023
Hello guys help my friend ooooh

Her passport will expire next month and her school has given her extension to resit her exam saying they will give her a new CAS by January 2024 for her to be able to apply for visa extension.

Secondly because she had been outside Nigeria (turkey) even before the NIN thing she do no have NIN

And we all know that NIN is now very important in applying for a Nigeria passport

What should she do? How and where can she do NIN here in UK and how and where can she apply for international passport. Help please I do not want to loose my friend to depression she has hustled to pay Β£20,500 tuition fee and she keeps crying she can't go back to Nigeria after all the stress she's be through with domiciliary care to pay tuition. Help! Help!! Help!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 4:55am On Nov 13, 2023
Datakey:

Gotten a CC yet? Mine is 771 and I'm yet to get any CC

Credit Score - certificate

Credit history - experience

Experience > certificate

Build your experience.

If you don't have a history, you are high risk to these lenders and even if your score is 999 it does not guarantee CC will be approved for you or lenders will give you good rates.

Credit history is a record of how you’ve managed the repayment of debts, such as credit cards and loans.

Credit score is like an opinion everybody has one or a suggestion telling the creditor this person is worth checking out. Your history is what determines your substance. The creditor looks at your profile and what do they see - nada - they move on or the sharks offer you rates that are ridiculously high.

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (560) (Reply)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.