Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (484901 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:43am On Nov 20, 2023
Uk wants to starts taxing Inheritance grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
lavida001:
I thought they already started this.

only royal family are exempted.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2023
lavida001:

Has always been in place in UK and many (most?) other countries as well.

Guessing you don't know that in Nigeria there's an estate duty that's paid on the grant of probate after a person dies? About 10%.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2023
Nonesense naa ....people wen go spend hundreds of pounds to buy from African stores still de go chance the poor who the food banks are meant for, e nor nice naau angry

Ukliving:
Sense or nonsense

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz0zVm0scEL/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Atk1nson(m): 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If legal migrants could be dealt with in this manner........ Imagine the life of an illegal immigrant......

This was common practice with Nigerian LL, in the dark days (it was even council properties, they illegally sublet)...... If they lived in the house with tenants, baba wàhálà.....

They would restrict use of the boiler, cooking, heating, washing machine, guests etc etc etc ......

I repeat, RENT MONEY IS DEAD MONEY ..... Would your mortgage provider, remove your door .......🤣

grin you just had to chip this in.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2023
bigtt76:
Nonesense naa ....people wen go spend hundreds of pounds to buy from African stores still de go chance the poor who the food banks are meant for, e nor nice naau angry

Not nice at all, see as her face fresh... She dey work already. Food banks are meant for those who just entered UK and not having a job yet... After some months or years, the aim should be giving back to those food banks to help new comers... But greed sha, awoof!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 4:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
Exactly and you could see on her face that some of those items she took, they might not eat it or enjoy eating it sef but just because it is free, she must take too angry

ehizario2012:

Not nice at all, see as her face fresh... She dey work already. Food banks are meant for those who just entered UK and not having a job yet... After some months or years, the aim should be giving back to those food banks to help new comers... But greed sha, awoof!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Question2(m): 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2023
Please can I bring my mother to the UK to stay for 6 months, I am on tier 2 visa.
If it is possible, what visa type will I use to bring her. Is it visitation visa or dependent visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Dotman23(m): 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
igbsam:

To be on a safer side. Attach both which is what i did. They requested for one month account statement, i sent 3 months. He got his brp last week.
oh..thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
Comes with visa sponsorship

wink

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
tolajay:
Undoubtedly, they've got some good stuff going on for them. But I'll be conscious not to overinflate their population and influence.

Last I checked, Asians (Indians inclusive) make up 9.3% of UK's population. Africans are about 4%.

Just last quarter, LSE released a report on wide ethnic disparity in wealth accumulation across the UK. Asians and Africans were abysmally positioned against white-Brits. Although Indians had some slight exception in the Asian bloc, yet they're not closer to the white-Brit.

So, it is geometrically impossible for them to outrun the 'real owners of UK' in 20 years. Maybe 200 years! 😊

Went thru the LSE report and it was telling. Reason why it triggers me when we have policies that'd unduly affect black/immigrant populations. E.g increasing visa, health surcharge and ILR fees for longterm residents so citizens can have a pay rise. While at thesame time deliberating on refucing inheritance tax when there is a relative budget surplus. In the end, the 'immigrants' today would become Brits tomorrow and the state would be forced to deal with the wealth disparity it made.

The relative success of Indians in Briton is the reason why they are increasingly afforded certain leeways. E.g majority of phone spams calls I receive are from Asian folks yet they are still not painted with scam as Nigerians are. All said, China has fared much better by keeping its talent at home.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2023
hustla:

wink

Hehe... na so so interview and jobs dey ur browser...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2023
jedisco:

Man must not live by bread alone

wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Greathand01: 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2023
Accommodation needed urgently anywhere around south east london...kindly assist if you have any link.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
justwise:

So embarrassing

You would think the older they get the wiser they become, but fools do get old too. Damn Nigerians!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
Regex:

You would think the older they get the wiser they become, but fools do get old too. Damn Nigerians!

That is just the abuse of food bank, the other lady has turned it to her Tesco

She will regret posting that video

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2023
justwise:

That is just the abuse of food bank, the other lady has turned it to her Tesco

She will regret posting that video

Exactly. I just don't understand why Nigerians can't stay off of social media. They just had to post things. Horrible people.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2023
Regex:

We are a broken, violated and a messed up people, most of us don’t know until we are here. The average Nigerian needs serious orientation on entry into the advanced societies where it’s a culture of giving back and not hoarding. It’s a thing that needs to be unlearned. I no blame our people too much poverty do us shege back home. Make Una no too vex abeg

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 10:58pm On Nov 20, 2023
can someone advise her to delete that video
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 10:59pm On Nov 20, 2023
hustla:

wink

one time me get notification for fruit picker on indeed.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2023
Goke7:

We are a broken, violated and a messed up people, most of us don’t know until we are here. The average Nigerian needs serious orientation on entry into the advanced societies where it’s a culture of giving back and not hoarding. It’s a thing that needs to be unlearned. I no blame our people too much poverty do us shege back home. Make Una no too vex abeg

I no deh vex jareh....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2023
jedisco:

Went thru the LSE report and it was telling. Reason why it triggers me when we have policies that'd unduly affect black/immigrant populations. E.g increasing visa, health surcharge and ILR fees for longterm residents so citizens can have a pay rise. While at thesame time deliberating on refucing inheritance tax when there is a relative budget surplus. In the end, the 'immigrants' today would become Brits tomorrow and the state would be forced to deal with the wealth disparity it made.

The relative success of Indians in Briton is the reason why they are increasingly afforded certain leeways. E.g majority of phone spams calls I receive are from Asian folks yet they are still not painted with scam as Nigerians are. All said, China has fared much better by keeping its talent at home.

I said this last week and some people were saying it's impossible.
Omo na time go tell.
it will shock everybody like electricity.
Indian folks have been able to hack the system.

went to a place today and i was told by the uber driver that about 700 Indian family recently moved to the neighborhood.
why did they choose to move to the area?
Because this said area is known to have lots of grammar school with quality teachers. So, they want their kids to acquire the best education.

And we all know knowledge = power.

Omo na time go tell
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2023
jedisco:

person wey na software engineer, support worker mciob holder.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 11:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
Greathand01:
Accommodation needed urgently anywhere around south east london...kindly assist if you have any link.
single room available in SE18. if you are interessted
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:28pm On Nov 20, 2023
Goke7:

This is greed not poverty. She knew what she was doing cos I imagine she didn't answer truthfully when she was asked questions about her circumstances.

Imagine people like her getting into government in Nigeria- just shows that the people are as much to blame for the problems in the country.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by yolkman20: 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
lavida001:

person wey na software engineer, support worker mciob holder.

this ciob is next in plan for me inshallah Allah. I've just not gathered all the documents needed ni. I'll reach out to you for guidance when I'm ready.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Preshyi: 12:06am On Nov 21, 2023
Thank, most organizations require 2 proofs of address.
amorprincesa:
Let him update his address on his bank account. He can then use the bank statement as proof of address.

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (553) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

Viewing this topic: KingDemolah(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.