Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (463784 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2023
AKALAMAGBO:
Please check with the Home Office and update us with their response.

My trust engages the service of NHSP, and they generate Payslip differently.

Whatever their answer might be, kindly update us.

🙌🏻

Here you go; This is the message from home office.

I would consider your Trust engaging the services of NHSP to run its bank as a supplementary employment.

I see NHSP as a second employer, I might be wrong tho.

My Trust run its bank and my HR has confirmed this.

1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2023
Just an update on visa renewal for a child born in the UK but without any passport. Child attended for biometrics yesterday and we just got an email that application was successful

To add as well, while filling application forms, passport was requested and we clicked No passport then different options came up and we chose 'child has no passport as she was born in the UK'.

Thanks to those who replied to the earlier enquiry

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2023
ehizario2012:

It's the same o, nawa 4 women. They are just a necessary evil, nothing more. I have 2 daughters too sha.

If she don meet baba olowo, make the man pay her £14,500 fees and arrange CoS for the dependant guy na, make everybody rest!

The context of the discuss is applicable to the OP only and not all women! I won't agree with you on the highlighted.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2023
Zahra29:

I wonder how far this misogynistic mindset will get you in the UK...

Why should COS be arranged for the sham dependent? Does he not have enough skills to obtain sponsorship on his own merit? He's lucky to not be reported for immigration fraud, and the lady too

I'm curious to know how you arrived at the highlighted.
You don't need to jump into conclusion. I have seen marriages/unions crash within months!! Theirs could be the case.

Let's quit jumping into unnecessary conclusions.

Until Joyglo clarifies her situation, we can only reasonably and respectfully speculate and not draw up conclusions like you have just done and even noted penalties!!! Hmmmmm

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Wking: 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2023
So meaning i am lying or what as i don't understand this your comment oo.

ConnectMee:
I did not do a return label for my BRP card yet I got it 4 days after receiving my provisional driver’s license. So I doubt if it’s about that.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Wking: 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2023
I didn't know i was suppose to do a return label and the post office i use was a post office inside a store and the lady didn't tell me about return label so annoying. cry cry cry ok i will apply for a new one.

bigtt76:
Wow ...I always advise people to include a return envelope label that can easily be tracked and protected to avoid issues such as this. Have you contacted your local post office? On the process for the BRP re-issue, hope you went through the gov.uk website though and yes its like re-applying for a fresh visa. They would need to recapture your biometrics to confirm you genuinely had one issued you before.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2023
Sad really. Coincidentally, it was a the attendant at the post office I went to that advised me to do same to avoid matters that touches. This was during the Royal Mail strike sef. We learn everyday.

Wking:
I didn't know i was suppose to do a return label and the post office i use was a post office inside a store and the lady didn't tell me about return label so annoying. cry cry cry ok i will apply for a new one.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2023
Wking:

There is a clear instruction in the document sent to you.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AKALAMAGBO: 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2023
Cool. Thanks

Tier4Dependant:

Here you go; This is the message from home office.

I would consider your Trust engaging the services of NHSP to run its bank as a supplementary employment.

I see NHSP as a second employer, I might be wrong tho.

My Trust run its bank and my HR has confirmed this.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2023
Tier4Dependant:
When getting a car on finance, which is better btwn HP and PCP?

Lexusgs430 please help jump on this. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2023
This was previously discussed here. Click on the contributors' ID to see other thoughts and the initial question.

Peerielass:

Seriously I was about to say the same thing. Personal loans are usually cheaper than PCP and Higher Purchase deals. Loan rates will vary between 2.5% to 7.5% depending on circumstances, credit history and eligibility.

Tier4Dependant:

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2023
Good afternoon, everyone.

Just looking for some experienced insight with inviting a home-maker and petty trader mum to the UK.

I and my partner will be fully funding her visit, hence, we are thinking of not stating she's a petty trader so as not to raise dust around account statement and business docs, as she's got none.

We're currently completing the visa application and stated that she has #1 savings and plans to spend #1 in the UK as we'll be taking care of everything. I think she has about 100K in her account. Previously monthly up-keep had been sent to her husband until last month.

Q1: Should we state she's a petty trader and submit her personal bank statement or just be mute on the trader aspect?

Q2: We want her to spend five months and some days before leaving, is it okay to state that in app as well?

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Ọkùnrin....... Ṣọra fún okùnrin......😁

If you don't look after your own interest, nobody else would ........ Marriage is a partnership business agreement........ Eventually, been a sole trader....... Is the gateway (for some).......😜🤣

And when we talk about maintaining our interest in the same business, they say we approach it with a pessimistic mindset.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by EzekielBams(m): 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2023
Please anyone with a shared apartment in Newcastle Abeg help a brother out. I will be arriving on Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2023
Lolz…
Thanks for the explanation

Lexusgs430:

The offence he committed, his PL would get endorsed.......... It takes 4 years for an endorsement to reset(old licence)...... Once you receive set points, on a new licence (licence otilo)......😜🤣

So you must redo your test.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babajeje123(m): 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2023
lightnlife:

Just looking for some experienced insight with inviting a home-maker and petty trader mum to the UK.

I and my partner will be fully funding her visit, hence, we are thinking of not stating she's a petty trader so as not to raise dust around account statement and business docs, as she's got none.

We're currently completing the visa application and stated that she has #1 savings and plans to spend #1 in the UK as we'll be taking care of everything. I think she has about 100K in her account. Previously monthly up-keep had been sent to her husband until last month.

Q1: Should we state she's a petty trader and submit her personal bank statement or just be mute on the trader aspect?

Q2: We want her to spend five months and some days before leaving, is it okay to state that in app as well?

Thanks!
You don't need to submit her bank statement. Just put it in your letter that you are sponsoring her trip and her living cost in the UK. It's okay to mention she's a petty trader however this doesn't prove that she has a strong tie back home. So you need to proof that she has strong ties and would return home before or at the expiration of her visa.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Efftyy: 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2023
Hello good people . Is it cost effective to use TENANT SHOP in handling house bills. They are a third party that handle house bills.
The company sent me message just as I secure a property to rent with my agent
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2023
Tier4Dependant:

Lexusgs430 please help jump on this. Thanks

Here you go .....

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2023
toughest007:
Consequences of not paying tithe grin grin grin

https://twitter.com/RealOlaudah/status/1727312546917748991?t=A3Qqk6OoM2JDDYIVQnbH5A&s=19

grin grin grin grin i watched it over and over again...those ladies will not take such treatment from their husband/bf at home but in the church...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2023
Tier4Dependant:

I prefer HP. With HP, you're buying the car, when you're done paying, you keep it or sell it at the current value and cash out.

With PCP, you're renting the car and will return it after the rent expires or buy it at the current value.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2023
lightnlife:

Thanks!

No need to say she's a petty trader to avoid needing to prove anything but attach her bank statement and say she'll spend like £25 from her money during the trip. That's what I did although I said mine will spend £100 of her personal money because she had some money and I said she's a retiree.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2023
toughest007:

I'm curious to know how you arrived at the highlighted.
You don't need to jump into conclusion. I have seen marriages/unions crash within months!! Theirs could be the case.

Let's quit jumping into unnecessary conclusions.

Until Joyglo clarifies her situation, we can only reasonably and respectfully speculate and not draw up conclusions like you have just done and even noted penalties!!! Hmmmmm

Lol ok, my bad. I humbly jump back out of my conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 7:01pm On Nov 22, 2023
I believe that the OP was asking that question for someone, so let's not crucify her before others quit opening up.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2023
She sounds like a lovely person just missguided on who the foodbank is for. Should not be filming in there too.

I ve been trying to volunteer at a foodbank as i have some free time weekly but there seems to be no way to do this. So i ll just spend the time on gossip grin
Ukliving:
Sense or nonsense

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz0zVm0scEL/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by eolme(f): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2023
lightnlife:

I and my partner will be fully funding her visit, hence, we are thinking of not stating she's a petty trader so as not to raise dust around account statement and business docs, as she's got none
There is no need stating she is a petty trading and adding a bank statement for her. Simply apply that she is a home maker and full time house wife. Her ties back home will be her husband and other family members back home. If there are landed properties in her name, it can be included.
Also I don't think it is wise to state in the application she will be staying for five months. One month is okay on the application. Someone with good ties back home should not ideally visit for 5 months.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Fraih(f): 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2023
Hi guys,

Pls I got a DBS letter posted to me (subject says thank you for your recent application for a DBS check).
I'm aware that a company is running that for me, but the letter does not state whether successful, completed or stuff. I got details in the letter on checking online but still didn't see any certificate updated in my profile.

Does the letter mean it's been successful? And how do I even see the certificate for my use as that is my first DBS check. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Dimdim8593: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2023
Good evening everyone
I am currently in the uk working for bank as a financial crime investigator, although I am still on my probation stage.i was suspended for gross misconduct(legitimacy of reference(uk)) I provided for them during my background checks,initially this check came back successful but months into my employment ,I was suspended for the reason above.after fact finding meetings I had with my manger,my case was moved to disciplinary hearing. I am confused as to what to do ,should I resign with immediate effect which I have read that the company can sue for breach of contract as I have a week’s notice or should I go for the hearing and defend myself.
Note:their concerns is for the reference I provided with a company I did bootcamp and voluntary opportunity with. I actually worked on cases with this company with the duration I put in my cv.
Please house help me with advice
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2023
justwise:

grin grin grin grin i watched it over and over again...those ladies will not take such treatment from their husband/bf at home but in the church...

I laughed out really loud. Interesting and disgusting to say the least.

Some church denominations are really evolving! Evolving on the negative angle. And some blokes are here saying they care less what those men whipping and touching the asses of those ladies do with their hard earned monies.

If you are a tithe adherent, same may eventually start happening to you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2023
Zahra29:

Lol ok, my bad. I humbly jump back out of my conclusion.

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2023
toughest007:

I laughed out really loud. Interesting and disgusting to say the least.

Some church denominations are really evolving! Evolving on the negative angle. And some blokes are here saying they care less what those men whipping and touching the asses of those ladies do with their hard earned monies.

If you are a tithe adherent, same may eventually start happening to you.

One or two comments from that video suggest that it was not about tithe, that the pastor was testing their ability to face the real world.

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: ayshegz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.