Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460540 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:30am On Nov 26, 2023
OgbeniOptional:
The people ruling this country don’t know what they want. Majority of the citizens have no clue about what they even want. The blame culture in this country scares me a lot, constantly looking for who to blame when things go wrong for their own ineffectiveness.

Compensation culture..... If you're are wronged, someone is to blame........ And they must pay compensation........ 😁😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 5:02am On Nov 26, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Do all companies willing to sell a product/service, know your digital footprint..........

Do they know your address.........🤣😜

GDPR is also live...... No company wants to fall foul, of GDPR regulations.........

It is well, I don't know what obtains in the USA though, maybe it's all paper paper too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 5:14am On Nov 26, 2023
Poanan:

Hmm, the truth there is bias when it comes to recruitment. He was probably employed because because of the name of that firm and not because of anything. If u decide to put HCAor support worker in your cv, how does that correlate to the work in a bank? What people do is use Nigerian reference like that and still use it to cover employment gap. My classmate she uses her Nigerian firm till date and that is because she still works there but remotely. Using HCA may still be viewed as a gap as it is not in your field for some people. You can list it when doing documentation with the firm cos places like civil service will draw data from hmrc and you have to reveal everything. When putting reference state what you worked there as cos they will ask in which capacity and If it is a bootcamp state it there it is still up experience.my opinion though. Na God de help. Try civil service but even the civil service in recent times, there interview is somehow. They do blind recruitment but during interview they ask you if you are currently working for the civil service? To me that question alone can dictate the score you come out it.

Well, to me as I’ve always said, I do put care (part-time in my cv to fill those gaps), because uk experience is not only about the actual experience it’s also about understanding uk work ethics(you and I know some work ethics that is not allowed here vs Nigeria, eg not discussing family matter at work, reporting any issue not the Nigeria way etc), someone that have worked in care and is applying for say like information analyst in NHS where confidentiality experience is needed can chip that in from his care experience because confidentiality is also very important in care as well and can use that to explain his understanding of confidentiality, Information governance.

As for boot camp or training centre, it doesn’t really make sense to portray them as normal job irrespective of the sector you are applying to (private/ government), you can include them in your education section or if included in your work experience make sure you put into bracket education
e.g
Trainee Data Analyst- Masterschool (Part-Time - Education
That’s how I did mine to avoid misunderstanding,

Also, regarding asking if you are currently employed in civil service during interview, I’m not sure if that is right or not, but if you have any concerns regarding that I think you can raise it, some might ask it not realizing if it’s right or not.

Like asking a pregnant lady (can be any one having a temporary or permanent disability or what so ever) during interviews that does she have any health issue that might affect in undergoing training before starting the (during nhs interviews), an interviewer in one NHS board here in Scotland normally ask that question and another interviewer from another NHS board in Scotland says it’s not right to ask such question, that it should be left for the occupational health professionals to ask during pre employment checks. Meanwhile truth be told it doesn’t sound right because the lady in particular was put in a position whereby she can’t say yes or no (because she doesn’t want to lie) because true true she can’t undergo the training till after child birth, which could have skewed the interviewer assessment.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 5:22am On Nov 26, 2023
jedisco:

We all have our views but you cross the line by depicting us as savages cos a Nigerian did something you dont like. It's called profiling.

lol, Profiling reminds me of Criminal Minds

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 5:31am On Nov 26, 2023
People, I need some understanding on the way the tax system works here (see screenshot).

If an works for less than £12k in two different places, does that mean s/he won't be taxed at all in both places?

Also, does the HMRC instruct the employer on how much tax to deduct before paying an employee or the employer just decides based on how much salary the employee is earning?

One of the reasons I'm asking is because of that 40% once above £50k...

1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 5:33am On Nov 26, 2023
Dimdim8593:
Good evening everyone
I am currently in the uk working for bank as a financial crime investigator, although I am still on my probation stage.i was suspended for gross misconduct(legitimacy of reference(uk)) I provided for them during my background checks,initially this check came back successful but months into my employment ,I was suspended for the reason above.after fact finding meetings I had with my manger,my case was moved to disciplinary hearing. I am confused as to what to do ,should I resign with immediate effect which I have read that the company can sue for breach of contract as I have a week’s notice or should I go for the hearing and defend myself.
Note:their concerns is for the reference I provided with a company I did bootcamp and voluntary opportunity with. I actually worked on cases with this company with the duration I put in my cv.
Please house help me with advice

Copied and pasted (AI)
“ The situation described is complex and has potential legal implications, so it's important to approach it carefully. Here's some general guidance:

1. Seek Legal Advice: Before making any decisions, it’s crucial to consult with a legal professional who specializes in employment law. They can provide specific advice based on the details of your case and the laws applicable in the UK.

2. Understand the Allegations: Make sure you fully understand the nature of the allegations against you. Clarify what aspects of the reference are being questioned and why they are considered a form of gross misconduct.

3. Prepare for the Disciplinary Hearing: If you choose to attend the hearing, prepare your defense thoroughly. Gather any evidence that supports your case, such as emails, documents, or testimonies from colleagues or supervisors at the company you did the bootcamp and voluntary work with.

4. Consider the Pros and Cons of Resigning: Resigning might seem like an easier option, but it could have implications for your future employment. Some employers view a resignation in the face of disciplinary action unfavorably. However, if the evidence against you is strong, and you believe the hearing might not go in your favor, resigning could be a way to avoid a dismissal on your record.

5. Assess the Impact on Future Employment: Think about how this situation might affect your future job prospects. A resignation or dismissal for gross misconduct could be a red flag for future employers, so weigh your options carefully.

6. Negotiate an Exit: If you decide to resign, you might be able to negotiate an exit that minimizes the impact on your future employment. This could include agreeing on what the employer will say in any future references.

7. Review Your Contract: Check the terms of your employment contract regarding notice periods and the consequences of breaching these terms. This will help you understand any potential legal or financial implications if you choose to resign with immediate effect.

8. Consider the Emotional and Mental Impact: Facing a disciplinary hearing can be stressful. Consider the emotional and mental toll this process might take on you and weigh it against the potential outcomes.

9. Document Everything: Keep a detailed record of all communications and meetings related to this issue. This documentation could be crucial if there are any disputes or legal proceedings in the future.

Remember, each option has its own set of consequences, so it's important to make a decision based on a thorough understanding of your situation, the potential outcomes, and legal advice.”

Well, never underestimate lawyer’s advice in this country even tho it’s not free but might worth it, around 30£/hr here the last time a friend used there service, if you go on to see a lawyer don’t lie tell the truth in all. And seek advice, explore other options as well by consulting AI further, don’t underestimate info from there also, don’t use the free version.

I wish you good luck and hope it get resolved.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 5:39am On Nov 26, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

Interesting, why not fire the person immediately? Unless they are wasting time on purpose or it’s a legal sensitive matter.

Employers are bound by labor laws and the terms of employment contracts which usually require a fair and thorough process before terminating an employee, especially for serious allegations like gross misconduct. This is to ensure that the decision to terminate is justified and legally defensible.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2023
ehizario2012:

E be like local man here go join you for this hustle abeg, we are on skilled worker visa so Japa inside Japa is very possible... Seriously ooo. But none of us have academic masters degree... Canada/Au or anywhere cool on my mind.

A friend just left for Ireland Tru Belfast (if u know u know) but I can't take that risk with family...

Omo I hope people no go cast Ireland relationship with UK.
D rate wey people dey japa go Belfast cari muscle ooo.
E b say PR for Ireland no too hard unlike here.
Ireland population go soon skyrocket reach Lagos state.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 8:45am On Nov 26, 2023
ehizario2012:
Been enjoying the Hustle/Goke7/Zahra29 economics since. Lol. None of you guys mentioned the boats, all focus was on skilled immigrants/students.
What's happening to the boats?? Are we saying these illegal immigrants are not significant in number??

When it comes to immigration in this country, they always put everybody that enters into the same bucket whether legal or illegal.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 8:55am On Nov 26, 2023
OgbeniOptional:
The people ruling this country don’t know what they want. Majority of the citizens have no clue about what they even want. The blame culture in this country scares me a lot, constantly looking for who to blame when things go wrong for their own ineffectiveness.

Politicians are same everywhere they take advantage of the ignorant and uneducated among the populace to drive narratives to keep themselves in power. That’s what is happening in this country from windrush, Brexit, students and care workers.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 9:22am On Nov 26, 2023
Poanan:

Hmm, the truth there is bias when it comes to recruitment. He was probably employed because because of the name of that firm and not because of anything. If u decide to put HCAor support worker in your cv, how does that correlate to the work in a bank? What people do is use Nigerian reference like that and still use it to cover employment gap. My classmate she uses her Nigerian firm till date and that is because she still works there but remotely. Using HCA may still be viewed as a gap as it is not in your field for some people. You can list it when doing documentation with the firm cos places like civil service will draw data from hmrc and you have to reveal everything. When putting reference state what you worked there as cos they will ask in which capacity and If it is a bootcamp state it there it is still up experience.my opinion though. Na God de help. Try civil service but even the civil service in recent times, there interview is somehow. They do blind recruitment but during interview they ask you if you are currently working for the civil service? To me that question alone can dictate the score you come out it.

Blind recruitment does not extend to your work history.

If they don't assess where you have worked and what kind of transferable skills and experience you have how will they select the best candidates? NHS prefers people with NHS experience, same with civil service and same with any private sector employer preferring people with direct experience in the industry.

That said, you can approach this proactively. In the interview for my current role, they didn't ask me but I knew that was a consideration so when it was time for my questions I asked the ones I had and then said I had an additional point to make which was that I knew that they would prefer someone with direct experience in the organisation and although I don't have that, I have A, B, C direct transferable skills because of my experience doing X, Y, Z.

These things would usually come up in the interview but it also helps to make it explicit. It also shows a high degree of self-awareness and understanding of the organisation's needs.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 9:24am On Nov 26, 2023
Lexusgs430:

It's always the immigrants.......😜🤣

Lol. This has been my point so far. Immigrants are always the problem🙂. I still don't get how you'd sit in an office, formulate a plan, carry out that plan and you still come back to blame those who are only following that plan. No be juju be that 🙂

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 9:31am On Nov 26, 2023
Zahra29:

Didn't businesses exist before the wave of international students post COVID?
I'm sure it'll be fine.

They existed but they, especially higher education providers, experienced a serious dip in revenue that government needed to come up with new incentives like post study Visa and student dependents route, targeting 5 major countries, Nigeria, India, etc. There's no denying the fact that many businesses will die a natural death without immigrants.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 9:39am On Nov 26, 2023
Phenmeson:

Omo I hope people no go cast Ireland relationship with UK.
D rate wey people dey japa go Belfast cari muscle ooo.
E b say PR for Ireland no too hard unlike here.
Ireland population go soon skyrocket reach Lagos state.

Belfast is park of UK. Dublin on the other hand is in Ireland which is a different country.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 9:48am On Nov 26, 2023
ehizario2012:
People, I need some understanding on the way the tax system works here (see screenshot).

If an works for less than £12k in two different places, does that mean s/he won't be taxed at all in both places?

Also, does the HMRC instruct the employer on how much tax to deduct before paying an employee or the employer just decides based on how much salary the employee is earning?

One of the reasons I'm asking is because of that 40% once above £50k...

If they are doing two jobs at the same time, they will be taxed in the 2nd job. They can reclaim the tax back at the end of the tax year if the combined income is less than the personal allowance.

HMRC issues a coding notice to everyone at the beginning of the tax year and they also send a copy of that coding notice to your employer. The coding notice will show your personal allowance for the year and the employer will use this information to determine how much tax to deduct from your wages. If there are any changes in your circumstance eg if HMRC notices that you have two jobs, or if you have incurred some job expenses etc they will issue a revised coding notice.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 9:49am On Nov 26, 2023
Peerielass:

Belfast is park of UK. Dublin on the other hand is in Ireland which is a different country.

Nothing dey happen much in Northern Ireland (Belfast).
But people see that as japa route to Republic of Ireland (Dublin) and start fresh life as UK wahala don cari muscle

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2023
Goke7:

Politicians are same everywhere they take advantage of the ignorant and uneducated among the populace to drive narratives to keep themselves in power. That’s what is happening in this country from windrush, Brexit, students and care workers.

Exactly! And it works for them everytime lol. Only those with independent minds can decipher the agenda and see through the hypocrisy. Do you know that despite the hues and cries about student dependents, the main applicant to dependent ratio then was around 5:1. But Suella and her praise singers were making it sound like student dependents were the cause of WW2. I fear who no fear politicians 😀

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2023
Phenmeson:

But people see that as japa route to Republic of Ireland (Dublin) and start fresh life as UK wahala don cari muscle

Ah ok! I know someone that did the opposite. Moved from Ireland to UK because nothing was happening there. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by iyatrustee(f): 9:55am On Nov 26, 2023
Phenmeson:

To work with visa or claim asylum? Hopefully not the latter if not ehn!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 9:58am On Nov 26, 2023
iyatrustee:

I suspect it’s just plain illegal migration. Going to live there without papers.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 10:04am On Nov 26, 2023
LionInZion:

Exactly! And it works for them everytime lol. Only those with independent minds can decipher the agenda and see through the hypocrisy. Do you know that despite the hues and cries about student dependents, the main applicant to dependent ratio then was around 5:1. But Suella and her praise singers were making it sound like student dependents were the cause of WW2. I fear who no fear politicians 😀

Their claim was that dependents were more than the main applicants. That is what they do reeling out statistics that will never tell the true story. With all the hue and cry about work visas, the healthcare workers' visas are the most issued ones and they want to increase the salary requirement for work visas while excluding that of healthcare, can you see the confusion?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 10:06am On Nov 26, 2023
iyatrustee:

what I hear is actually asylum for Ireland, no be me talk am o grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 10:20am On Nov 26, 2023
Goke7:

Their claim was that dependents were more than the main applicants. That is what they do reeling out statistics that will never tell the true story. With all the hue and cry about work visas, the healthcare workers' visas are the most issued ones and they want to increase the salary requirement for work visas while excluding that of healthcare, can you see the confusion?

Politicians know how to cause confusion to remain relevant and shift blames. Those who follow bandwagon always easily fall for their lies. They're same everywhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/may/28/international-students-government-migrant-suella-braverman

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 10:36am On Nov 26, 2023
ehizario2012:
In other news, I still wonder why UK is still all about paper paper paper mails! Why?? Almost everyday a paper advert mail from Royal Mail is slid into d house! Wetin dey sup gangan? Can't they remain digital and do away with paper? I just bin them without opening most times. I wonder where they get these trees from...

Apart from gdpr issues if Royal Mail close down do you know the thousands that will be out of jobs? Sometimes you just keep a system running to avoid job losses and more woes for the economy.

Also the reason why companies are forcing employees back to the office and stopping remote work. This is to help sectors like real estate, transportation and other auxiliary sectors stay afloat, e get why o!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:48am On Nov 26, 2023
Zahra29:

Didn't businesses exist before the wave of international students post COVID?
I'm sure it'll be fine.

Professional complainers will start again as usual

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 10:52am On Nov 26, 2023
Please see my comments inline (emboldened). grin

hustla:

Interesting but you have to put it all together and see where I am coming from as this is not the first time I am speaking about it.

I truly understand your consistent standpoint but can immigrants influence the policy direction of the country? Ultimately, it's their country. They make the rules and visitors will either have to comply or walk away.

Can you tell me the immigration strategy for the UK? Will it be the same in 5 yrs? Since I have been here, they have changed policies for the worse at least twice. I know a PSW ban in the future isn't off the table because it is their way. Milk the cow and then discard it, per usual.

Apparently, the UK hasn't had fixed, long-term migration policy in the last 5 - 10 years. The rhetorics of reducing net migration contradicts their actions. But the glaring fact is that they won't be able to achieve that goal, not in the next 5 years. It's even sickening that they grant visas then come back to complain about the number of immigrants. Like wait, did they not pay you to get in? It's crazy! Hence, we can't rule out the interdependence of migration with politics and social nuances.

From where I stand and as of now, for students, it looks like they're out to milk us sotey and yet, complains and complains. I can't say its not better than being in Nigeria, it is.

If you check what each country has to offer students, the UK comfortably has the worst package and yet, the highest fees to pay for everything. PSW in AU was increased from 3 to 5 yrs, at a cost of about AUD1,800, less than the reported £2,900 for students from next year. Canada's PSW also is about £240.

AU and Canada realised students would be battling the effects of this global turmoil you spoke about and asked that students can work more than 20 hrs/ week. UK did not offer or even think of it, instead, Unis increased school fees.

Interesting. But I'm wondering if the UK forced any of the "cows" to come and stay. If people have made this decision it's up to them to see it through or walk away.

I think this thing has a demand and supply dynamics. The UK understands that many 3rd world country professionals want to (desperately) migrate. They see the market, supply the product (visa) to the highest bidder even when their stock is almost running out, they downgrade the quality of their product.

Bro, have you seen the number of people still coming into the UK despite the unfavourable policies and social issues? Dem no go hear and the UK understands, hence, the trend go continue till... Ultimately, na every mallam to him kettle.

I could go on and on but their current strategy exploits students and the least they can do is to stop crying about students every 7 market days as if they do not contribute shingbain to the economy. They want money but they dont want an increase in population, no be juju be that? grin

There is no perfect country or system but at least some stability is needed

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:03am On Nov 26, 2023
lightnlife:
Please see my comments inline (emboldened). grin

They didn't force the cows but what did Guardian say will collapse if only Indians and the Chinese close their taps

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 11:31am On Nov 26, 2023
hustla:

LOL

We arent discussing approval rates. Btw, Canada also lets in lots of people via the PR route and it has been on since forever and theyre still looking for ways to make things right for legal immigrants.

Also, for the approval rate UK, do they not collect money? Did they not increase IHS rates too? School fees also went up twice for my school and I heard they have removed discount they usually give and instalmental payments

Imagine boosting an economy with £42bn in 1 year and all you get na complain every 7 days

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/may/16/international-students-boosted-uk-economy-by-42bn-in-20212-study

Its their country tbf but mehn ...

Canada let in the brightest and most talented people through the PR scheme, many of the people that rushed to the UK will not even be eligible to enter Canada either through student route or the PR route you mentioned.

I don't know why this argument always boils down to comparing UK immigration policies with other countries like Canada and Australia. Each country is unique and will do what they think it's best for their country. If you don't like it then move to Canada or Australia (But then again most people can't because they won't meet the criteria)

The truth remains that why the UK had good intentions but people and immigrants alike abused the system which then makes it unsustainable and they have to restrategise.

People selling COS
People having fake marriages to bring in dependents
Student coming to UK without any means of paying tuition
People rushing on Student visa without any intention of studying and abandoning their studies for carework

These are the issues that is causing the problems.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Phenmeson(m): 11:32am On Nov 26, 2023
iyatrustee:

If people wey dey there never see work,
APC & Tinubu regime don mak people for 9ja dey cari #15m go abroad and dey seek or claim the latter one.
How I wish our 9ja brother and sister can be enlighten and listen 👂 wella.
Rate of asylum seekers for Canada, Ireland & other countries don skyrocket.
Telling people dey can convert visiting visas to work visa etc.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 11:35am On Nov 26, 2023
Goke7:

The issue with the Uk's immigration system is that it is skewed toward reducing the number of people who want to settle down permanently and you can't blame people for looking elsewhere when all the music of bringing down net migration begins to play. As it stands today only the Uk among the Western nations requires you to be on a skilled worker visa for 5 years before thinking of becoming a permanent resident.

My main issue has always been why tie people's visas to where they work? Apart from the Global Talent visas what other visas are available for people especially for highly skilled people to obtain and be able to work? The other visa they call high visa or whatever it is called for those who graduated from top 100 universities and it doesn't make sense as folks still need to get a sponsored skilled visa to continue to work in the UK. With all the noise, it's still the healthcare sector that grants more work visas which is for care workers. it's obvious many UK companies do not sponsor skilled worker visas.

People need to plan and move ahead with their lives and if they see the Uk as becoming hostile, they will move elsewhere which is what the UK actually wants to achieve its goal of bringing down net migration.

Only the UK? Have you check Switzerland immigration policy? Or you just limited your analysis to UK, US Canada and then conclude?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by idee91: 11:52am On Nov 26, 2023
Hwy9:
Please, has anyone purchased phone from back market? Any experience?

Kindly share.
I got a Samsung S21 FE from back market two months back. Got it for someone in Nigeria. It was very clean you would think it is new. The prices vary based on the Condition (Fair, good, excellent), I bought ‘excellent’ as I wanted something with almost 100% battery health and still very clean. Zero complaints so far from the person I bought for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.