Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,587 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460481 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rayralph(m): 12:59am On Nov 27, 2023
heroshark:

You are turning this into a personal attack, which is very bad.
I came into the UK last year, so I am even part of the new cohort and wave of immigrant that I'm referring to. I am not even successful yet talk more of not wanting others to succeed.

You raised a salient point and sensible argument.

You shouldn’t engage that fellow as he/she is yet to contribute any meaningful counter argument or suggestion asides from personal attacks.

The UK route is a low hanging fruit that is very easy to manipulate(especially by travel agents) compared to Canada/Australia/NZ route.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 1:06am On Nov 27, 2023
kode12:

I hope you have read that terms and conditions they put in the bottom there. Awoof dey run belle oh, make sure there are no hidden terms there.

It's a simple cashback site. The terms are always well spelt out and usually straightforward. One can also raise a claim if a purchase didn't track
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 1:18am On Nov 27, 2023
What makes it difficult for people to get Canada PR is the required qualifications/age/IELTS. If you have all what it takes to get very high score, you can get PR as fast as a year. It takes years only when you don't have high CRS or you are going through PNP, except for during COVID when draw was only for those within Canada.

I agree that it can be difficult to relocate once you are settled.

ofjhay:
Imagine trying to get on the property ladder again after moving to Canada. Building another credit history and doing all the work to get settled again. It is not that many Nigerians in the UK won't qualify for Canada PR, It just bloody takes so much time that your personal circumstance may have changed by the time it works out. Heck, even the political landscape of your country may have changed. My wife and I were set for Canada PR and were working towards it before we got pregnant, we didn't want to raise our child in Nigeria, so we had to do the UK instead and in months we had transition here. It is not a clear-cut case for everyone but if Canada becomes more appealing to Nigerians, They would definitely switch to Canada in record numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightnlife: 1:57am On Nov 27, 2023
You're simply been emotive without comprehending or engaging heroshark's points.

Migration decisions are largely fact-based and less of emotional sensation.

You may hate Suella and sack her, another person will arise to champion similar ideology. So, tackle the message not the messenger.

No dey carry Nigerian beer-parlour and religious sentiment enter di matter.

florixi:

grin grin grin Just imagine that line from an immigrant! Some of you will be worse than Suella if you manage to get to the decision-making table in the UK or whatever country you migrated to. I have said here before that some people are not just happy to see their fellow Nigerians migrating like them because they want to keep on oppressing those they left at home. but God passed them. Immigration issue na season film: when one series ends, another go start so no cause for alarm.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Poanan: 2:08am On Nov 27, 2023
florixi:

Your point does not still hold water. Whatever means people use to japa is no one's business. Some people migrated via sea and sought asylum when they arrived, and most of them are doing very well afterward.

You need to take heart and take a painkiller because more people are coming into the UK, no be you get uk. If you think they are low-skilled people, then you can relocate to another planet because their employers are not complaining. It is only bad belle people like you who are in severe pain because you don't want to see any other person succeed except yourself.

That your cousin wey you dey oppress for naija, wey you refused to show d way , is coming this December! grin O yah vex again!!

grin some people know how to look for trouble.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 2:16am On Nov 27, 2023
Santa2:
Yes oo.. not all tech roles, doing a small side gig. project planning.. not bad at all
Correct!!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HenryG(m): 2:54am On Nov 27, 2023
Hello everyone,
Please I need your help. I am bit shaking right now. I am a student in the UK. I was contacted over the weekend for data optimising job for App review for play stores and Apple stores through an agency. There is a form of payment that comes through the website where we review Apps for optimization (Which is just a click and submit review for Apps). The money from the website (in USDT) can be sent to a Crypto wallet (OKX). I had to buy buy USDT 2 times yesterday and today for the work which was £66 spent. The purchase was through P2P by paying directly into the seller bank account and then the seller releasing Crypto(USDT) to me in my OKX account. It all went successfully though. and I have realised £166 within the days together with my £66
But later, I started checking if I am eligible to engage into Crypto as an International student in the UK. I have not sold any Crypto than to buy 2 times(over the weekend. Please I do hope I am not in a mess already as an international student.
Your response will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 3:35am On Nov 27, 2023
heroshark:

So an immigrant shouldn't have an opinion? Why are you all pretending ? Most people paying £10k to get a care COS from Nigeria, if they qualify for Canada PR they won't be paying such outrageous sum to come to the UK to do care.
Over 80% of Nigerians that migrated from Nigeria to the UK on skilled worker visa came through the heathcare worker route.

So when I said many Nigerian that rushed to the UK won't qualify for Canadian student or PR route I stand by it 100%.

I've met many that have been denied either Canada or US student visa b4 trying the UK.

Stop the hypocrisy and check the Nigerians among you, mostly those working in care sector, how many of them have the education (not including any MSc obtained in the UK) , skillset, experience and age to secure the top CRS point for Canada PR route ?

How did you arrive at 80%?!!! How many Nigerians have you actually scruitinized to reach the conclusion that they are not educated enough to secure Canada PR? You are clearly just quoting figures to suit your very poor defence. Yes, quickly go and Google something and reply me.

You don't even debate like someone that is educated enough to even get the Canadian PR. That you (and people around you) couldn't get it doesn't entirely mean those that came into the UK via the care visa can't.

People have reasons why they choose the UK or other countries they migrate to. Personally, I never considered Canada for migration cos of the extreme cold, their codes, their unit of measurement, doesn't fit well into my long term goals etc.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:41am On Nov 27, 2023
HenryG:
Hello everyone,
Please I need your help. I am bit shaking right now. I am a student in the UK. I was contacted over the weekend for data optimising job for App review for play stores and Apple stores through an agency. There is a form of payment that comes through the website we should for the optimization (Which is just a click and submit review for Apps). The money from the website can be sent to a Crypto wallet (OKX). I had to buy buy USDT 2 times yesterday and today for the work which is less than £70 spent.
It was then I started checking if I am eligible to engage into Crypto as a student. I have not sold a crypto than to buy 2 times. Please I do hope I am not in a mess already.
Thanks

Did you get this job via unsolicited communication via WhatsApp or Telegram........ Are you sure you have not been scammed.........

What was the USDT payment for.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 3:41am On Nov 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

If you think you're depressed....... Just open this thread....... 😜😂

Depression? Yes. But not chronic depression!!! grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HenryG(m): 3:53am On Nov 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Did you get this job via unsolicited communication via WhatsApp or Telegram........ Are you sure you have not been scammed.........

What was the USDT payment for.........

It was through WhatsApp contact through a 'recruitment agency'. I am not even bothered about being scammed now but greatly bothered about going against my visa rules by buying Crypto in a crypto wallet (OKX)
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:59am On Nov 27, 2023
HenryG:

It was through WhatsApp contact through a 'recruitment agency'. I am not even bothered about being scammed now but greatly bothered about going against my visa rules.
Thanks

I think you have been scammed...... So don't bother about visa rules on this WhatsApp employment........

I am not entirely sure about regulations, regarding students and crypto trading.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:00am On Nov 27, 2023
HenryG:

It was through WhatsApp contact through a 'recruitment agency'. I am not even bothered about being scammed now but greatly bothered about going against my visa rules by buying Crypto in a crypto wallet (OKX)
Thanks

Once you receive any unsolicited WhatsApp/Telegram messages...... Just block the number......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HenryG(m): 4:03am On Nov 27, 2023
Not so bothered about being scammed sincerely with this. Just don't want to have issues in the nearest future. I was able to raise £166 from the work and the money in the OKX account. I was having sleepless night. I had to close the account myself and cannot be reopened again. I hope my data would not be recorded and sent to the UK government.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HenryG(m): 4:04am On Nov 27, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Once you receive any unsolicited WhatsApp/Telegram messages...... Just block the number......
Next time will definitely do that. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:57am On Nov 27, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 7:13am On Nov 27, 2023
HenryG:
Hello everyone,
Please I need your help. I am bit shaking right now. I am a student in the UK. I was contacted over the weekend for data optimising job for App review for play stores and Apple stores through an agency. There is a form of payment that comes through the website we should for the optimization (Which is just a click and submit review for Apps). The money from the website can be sent to a Crypto wallet (OKX). I had to buy buy USDT 2 times yesterday and today for the work which is less than £70 spent. The purchase was through P2P by paying directly into the seller bank account and then the seller releasing Crypto(USDT) to me in my OKX account. It all went successfully though.
But later, I started checking if I am eligible to engage into Crypto as an International student in the UK. I have not sold any Crypto than to buy 2 times(over the weekend. Please I do hope I am not in a mess already as an international student.
Thanks

You’re not in any risk for trading crypto.

This job does seem a bit sketchy though so you should be wary of being scammed.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by heroshark(m): 7:31am On Nov 27, 2023
toughest007:

How did you arrive at 80%?!!! How many Nigerians have you actually scruitinized to reach the conclusion that they are not educated enough to secure Canada PR? You are clearly just quoting figures to suit your very poor defence. Yes, quickly go and Google something and reply me.

You don't even debate like someone that is educated enough to even get the Canadian PR. That you (and people around you) couldn't get it doesn't entirely mean those that came into the UK via the care visa can't.

People have reasons why they choose the UK or other countries they migrate to. Personally, I never considered Canada for migration cos of the extreme cold, their codes, their unit of measurement, doesn't fit well into my long term goals etc.

Again you just distorted my point.

The figure is out there, homeoffice released the number of people coming into the UK on skilled worker visa, and stated the percentage that arrived on healthcare visa. They also stated the number of Nigerians and Indian. So simply statistics will tell you this.

Secondly, I did not say that they are not educated enough. I said have the how many Nigerians have the Education, Skillset, Experience and Age . If you have looked into the Canada PR you will know that these four things are what matters.

By Education I don't mean having a bachelor's degree, you need a masters degree to score higher point, you need good amount of professional experience, you also need to be very young because age is also considered.

Now the question is Do you thing that Nigerians in that migrated to the UK have those ? I know some came here for a second masters but that aside.

You simple ignored all my points and chose to distort it to suit your narrative. How did you come about not educated enough which I never used
anywhere in my argument.?

PS: I have repeatedly said it before, I did not generalize, I did not even use the word majority of Nigerians, I only said many. Which means a good number, not all, not majority.

If you believe that all Nigerians that moved to the UK are over qualified and can easily get Canada PR, then you are not being entirely honest to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 9:05am On Nov 27, 2023
Zahra29:

But It's the citizens who are crying out that immigration is too high. The same citizens who voted for Brexit because they wanted to reduce and control immigration. The same citizens who are warning the govt that they will go the way of the Netherlands.

People who voted for brexit because they felt that 200k plus net migration was too high, how do you think they will just accept 700k plus, and from countries that are even more "forrin" than the EU lol
It's not personal, that's just how they are.

The Brits themselves should educate themselves better from the stats before them and be realistic. Most of the numbers are international students many of which will not settle permanently. Secondly the highest number of foreign workers are actually from the healthcare sector so they should ask themselves if they are now ready to man that sector themselves otherwise all the hue and cry is baseless cos it’s the politicians themselves will continue to use such stats to get their votes to keep themselves in power and not focus on more pressing issues affecting their own well being. Enough said

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by pretty1986: 9:20am On Nov 27, 2023
ofjhay:
Imagine trying to get on the property ladder again after moving to Canada. Building another credit history and doing all the work to get settled again. It is not that many Nigerians in the UK won't qualify for Canada PR, It just bloody takes so much time that your personal circumstance may have changed by the time it works out. Heck, even the political landscape of your country may have changed. My wife and I were set for Canada PR and were working towards it before we got pregnant, we didn't want to raise our child in Nigeria, so we had to do the UK instead and in months we had transition here. It is not a clear-cut case for everyone but if Canada becomes more appealing to Nigerians, They would definitely switch to Canada in record numbers.

Good morning,I noticed something.why is it that nobody is talking about Australia as if there is no future for anyone that is moving to Australia?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2023
pretty1986:
Good morning,I noticed something.why is it that nobody is talking about Australia as if there is no future for anyone that is moving to Australia?

Even the Brits themselves are moving to Australia, it’s also a destination for uk healthcare care workers. I have a couple friend both on individual work visas moving to Australia as permanent residents so yes it’s another choice destination. No much noise though
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HenryG(m): 10:03am On Nov 27, 2023
Goodenoch:

You’re not in any risk for trading crypto.

This job does seem a bit sketchy though so you should be wary of being scammed.
Thanks for your information
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by pretty1986: 10:53am On Nov 27, 2023
Goke7:

Even the Brits themselves are moving to Australia, it’s also a destination for uk healthcare care workers. I have a couple friend both on individual work visas moving to Australia as permanent residents so yes it’s another choice destination. No much noise though
Ok.Thank you for your response.I will be glad if you can link me up with anyone in Australia that is in medical line.I will like to migrate there,My Wife is a registered Nurse.any contact pls?.I will appreciate.Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 11:04am On Nov 27, 2023
heroshark:

You just reemphasized everything I said about. It's cheaper to go to Canada yet they chose UK that's more expensive without a direct PR option why?

It take more time to process Canada visa, which is why I said those that rushed to the UK. The emphasis on rush.

No my issue with your argumment is the suggestion that those who rushed to the UK are not educated enough or have the skills to get Canadian visa. That is false.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 11:11am On Nov 27, 2023
heroshark:

Stop the hypocrisy and check the Nigerians among you, mostly those working in care sector, how many of them have the education (not including any MSc obtained in the UK) , skillset, experience and age to secure the top CRS point for Canada PR route ?

When you said the above you are implying that though those Nigerians who rushed to the Uk through health care or student visa are educated but its not enough to get Canadian visa....simply means they are not educated enough..

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 11:13am On Nov 27, 2023
HenryG:
Hello everyone,
Please I need your help. I am bit shaking right now. I am a student in the UK. I was contacted over the weekend for data optimising job for App review for play stores and Apple stores through an agency. There is a form of payment that comes through the website where we review Apps for optimization (Which is just a click and submit review for Apps). The money from the website (in USDT) can be sent to a Crypto wallet (OKX). I had to buy buy USDT 2 times yesterday and today for the work which was £66 spent. The purchase was through P2P by paying directly into the seller bank account and then the seller releasing Crypto(USDT) to me in my OKX account. It all went successfully though. and I have realised £166 within the days together with my £66
Thanks
Any side hustle claim nigeria don't use uk and you will be fine. Moreso becareful with that type of job because you ate more likely to be scammed big time
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 11:30am On Nov 27, 2023
Again, elitism has reared its ugly head on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 11:39am On Nov 27, 2023
pretty1986:
Ok.Thank you for your response.I will be glad if you can link me up with anyone in Australia that is in medical line.I will like to migrate there,My Wife is a registered Nurse.any contact pls?.I will appreciate.Thanks

The Australian visa thread will be a good place to be with loads of information there
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HenryG(m): 11:44am On Nov 27, 2023
abuhusna1:

Any side hustle claim nigeria don't use uk and you will be fine. Moreso becareful with that type of job because you ate more likely to be scammed big time
Thanks. I have already stopped the work.
Does that mean that Crypto trade in the UK doesn't affect international students?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 11:46am On Nov 27, 2023
But it is the truth. He did not only mention education but combined it with age and work experience. Why did you single out education. All these aspects combine to give you high CRS points. If you are 50 and have PhD, you will still have low CRS point. While some people have MSc., age will disqualify them. Those that are within the age bracket might not have MSc.

I was heavily involved in the Canada forum 2016-2019 and these were the main issues then. Some people would even have to write IELTS up to 10 times to get the required 8777 scores.

Most of the people that qualify easily are going straight to Express Entry pool while most of the people that came to the UK with Canada dream are trying to improve their chances, even doctors do that. I personally know of someone that left Canada after getting Canadian citizenship, did Plab and came to the UK, qualified as a GP before returning back to Canada. It was after doing that she then was able to practice as a Doctor in Canada.

justwise:

When you said the above you are implying that though those Nigerians who rushed to the Uk through health care or student visa are educated but its not enough to get Canadian visa....simply means they are not educated enough..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Regex: 11:53am On Nov 27, 2023
Raalsalghul:
Again, elitism has reared its ugly head on this thread.

Ah swear.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by toughest007: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2023
pretty1986:

There is a 'living in Australia forum'. I believe that is where you would get pretty much informed facts about Australia. Whatever you find here is wholly speculation from folks that would adjust it to suit their argument. Exceptions from a few that have actually lived there for a short while.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Tstone1(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.