Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460895 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 11:56am On Dec 12, 2023
bigtt76:
I have a railcard but the only times I've been specifically asked to present it had been at the instance of the black rail commercial team members.

It is well.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:56am On Dec 12, 2023
hustla:

Abeg, can you explain what it means as of now?

If I get a tech job that pays 38,700, how does it apply to me?

If I get a healthcare / support role, how does it apply to me?

Lol hustla, be calming down smiley Once you get a sponsored tech role or other role (outside of care) above 38,700 (or 27k if it's a grad role) then you are on the standard work visa, dependants are allowed etc.
Healthcare/support roles (outside of the NHS) are not allowed any dependants regardless of salary

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 11:57am On Dec 12, 2023
hustla:

Immigrants.

They have overloaded the power grid

grin

you like to find trouble sha lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 11:59am On Dec 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Tinubu........😜🤣

I was receiving my daily fix of 90 Day Fiancé 2023...... Everything just off .......😜

aah, this life sef grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
Zahra29:

Lol hustla, be calming down smiley Once you get a sponsored job (outside of care) above 38,700 (or 27k if it's a grad role) then you are on the standard work visa, dependants are allowed etc.
Healthcare/support roles (outside of the NHS) are not allowed any dependants regardless of salary

Mehn, this effectively kills the support role I had as backup plan in case everything else fails shocked

Means I have to either switch to the support role before April or just face my Tech as one and only backup plan

shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gloriouscrown: 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
Goke7:

dependents can still come in but on care/support after April no dependant.

Hi Goke this is confusing tbh. so only care workers have the restrictions when bringing in dependants? Other occupations under healthcare shortage occupation aren't affected?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
hustla:

Immigrants.

grin

Nope, it's the tree huggers with their electric vehicles. Instead make dem drill.

Drill baby drill
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
justwise:

That is not entirely true, the British has always live off other people’s wealth and struggles, when they are not looting and stealing from other countries they take them as slaves to work in banana plantations .
And they have a way of keeping control of people they once dealt with… look at commonwealth.. is like WhatsApp group of British baby mamas.

One thing I respect British for though is that they always bring it home to develop their country unlike in Africa where we stole and send to other countries.

Savage! grin 😂 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
Goke7:

you like to find trouble sha lol

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Yes. Nurses, doctors and others apart from care workers can bring their dependants. They targeted only care workers.

Gloriouscrown:

Hi Goke this is confusing tbh. so only care workers have the restrictions when bringing in dependants? Other occupations under healthcare shortage occupation aren't affected?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2023
Goke7:

aah, this life sef grin

Everybody get wetin concern dem ....... NEPA don bring light ........🤣😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
justwise:

One thing I respect British for though is that they always bring it home to develop their country unlike in Africa where we stole and send to other countries.

or give to Toke Makinwa

Climate change baddie

grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
deept:

Nope, it's the tree huggers with their electric vehicles. Instead make dem drill.

Drill baby drill

shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2023
hustla:

Immigrants.

grin

You're so so right .......🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:08pm On Dec 12, 2023
hustla:

Mehn, this effectively kills the support role I had as backup plan in case everything else fails shocked

Means I have to either switch to the support role before April or just face my Tech as one and only backup plan

shocked grin

But all this time you have not said that you have dependants wink...you should divulge the full facts so we can advise you properly grin

On a serious note, yes it would not be possible to bring in dependants post spring in the care sector, however I believe care/support workers in the NHS are exempted so you could have that as your backup plan perhaps, although I'm pretty sure your plan A Tech role will come through.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2023
Zahra29:

But all this time you have not said that you have dependants wink...you should divulge the full facts so we can advise you properly grin

On a serious note, yes it would not be possible to bring in dependants post spring in the care sector, however I believe care/support workers in the NHS are exempted so you could have that as your backup plan perhaps, although I'm pretty sure your plan A Tech role will come through.

I Can neither confirm nor deny grin

I pray Plan A comes through, next year will be very interesting smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:

You're so so right .......🤣

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2023
Rwanda plan, might have just jam it's Waterloo........😜🤣

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bigtt76(f): 12:13pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ooh wow. Truly these occurrences are not enough to cast judgement or think you are targeted, to me I just believe they're doing their job and I don't take it personal. In all I give thanks to God because I have not had an adverse situation to complain about. I always buy my tickets before going to the station and whenever I notice I am not with y railcard, I always rush back to pick it up before continuing. I no want dem wahala cheesy cheesy cheesy

hustla:

.. And only white people have ever asked me for it so it goes both ways

Infact, the only time I made a mistake and didnt pay, it was a black guy and he explained what happened to me. Also told me i can get a refund

smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gloriouscrown: 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2023
dupyshoo:
Yes. Nurses, doctors and others apart from care workers can bring their dependants. They targeted only care workers.

Thanks for the clarification. I was beginning to think only nhs workers can bring in dependants.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Everybody get wetin concern dem ....... NEPA don bring light ........🤣😜

hope you shouted up NEPA!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2023
Gloriouscrown:

Yes

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2023
Zahra29:

am suspecting hustla, he is yet to fully declare all his assets in this Uk, Am going to send him an asset declaration form grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2023
hustla:

I Can neither confirm nor deny grin

I pray Plan A comes through, next year will be very interesting smiley

I said it, your case be like those people back in naija wey nobody dey find, they themselves no dey find anybody. grin even if house key lost, e no matter grin Alaye shey normal
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2023
Goke7:

am suspecting hustla, he is yet to fully declare all his assets in this Uk, Am going to send him an asset declaration form grin

I think it's needed tbh, all his "I need some advice for my friend" now sounds very sus 🤔 lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
ehizario2012:
So immediately I got the ticket, I went online to read more and saw that I needed to buy tickets before boarding, except at some small stations where tickets aren't sold. By the rules, I was wrong and accepted it. That's why I immediately paid the £50.

But that still didn't take away the anger I felt towards the guy, especially after two whites had attended to me without any fuss. It was truly an if looks could kill moment... But in retrospect, I thought about his constraints. He might not get away with things the whites would get away with.

Finally, it's better to know ones place at all times. Regardless of the accomodation, we should never forget the deep fault lines - natural fault lines.

Thanks everyone. We good.
Chairman, I believe the issue here is that you’ve still not acknowledged that your statement about black immigrants in general was wrong. Because if you knew all these from inception, why make that statement? And you still never say wetin you talk dey bad, meaning say you stand by am. Make we dey try dey acknowledge our bias and no dey use the same eye dey view everyone. Black immigrants are not out to get each other.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goke7: 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Lexusgs430:
Rwanda plan, might have just jam it's Waterloo........😜🤣

This is sad mhen, a family is in deep pain, hope humanity will have it's way
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

kwakudtraveller:

Chairman, I believe the issue here is that you’ve still not acknowledged that your statement about black immigrants in general was wrong. Because if you knew all these from inception, why make that statement? And you still never say wetin you talk dey bad, meaning say you stand by am. Make we dey try dey acknowledge our bias and no dey use the same eye dey view everyone. Black immigrants are not out to get each other.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2023
deept:

My brother, I was going to say same thing.

I was in a position like this years ago at one logistics company like that giving juicy routes to our people. Just one day where I knew the supervisors were watching, did everything by the book 100% ant our people didn't get what they wanted, I was called names by same people I had always given an advantage. They expected me to favour them at the risk of me losing my job then. People are selfish and of they don't get their way there is always tag you badly.

chief im a logistics graduate looking for job. Please you fit show me the ropes and pointers to securing jobs.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2023
Ticha:
Toh Australia is flexing their immigration policies powers too. There are also calls for caps on international student numbers and over all immigration numbers. The truth is they're targeting reduction to some specific nationalities but they obviously can't say those specific nationalities are not welcome so everyone gets caught in the reduction.
Germany and the US are also facing a lot of pressure to review their immigration policies. The thing choke everywhere.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2023
hustla:

Sometimes, its not about the money smiley

Most often its about the future of their kids.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: LudaChriz(m), Lexusgs430 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.