Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,946 members, 7,810,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (457737 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (529) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by scally11: 9:35am On Jan 25
igbsam:

E pain me walahi, cos no be word wey i go use for my fellow when no be say we get issues before, but as a peaceful person wey i be..i go lock up. Make who wan stup!d remain stup!d unprovoked.
Well I will be quite Frank with u. Those two new entrants are been childish because its too different job. The construction worker failed to understand that long term on construction is not healthy because its stressful. Moreover the care worker should not that care jobs are easier than construction work hence should enjoy more pay. Bottom line is having done the two jobs I would gladly pick care to construction work. Infact I regret doing construction and warehouse job because na them shift my spinal cord when I could earn easy money just on observation with a patient. Averagely I earn over 600£ every week working 4days on 12hour shift as an nhs staff. My advise is let the carer look towards nhs. And for the ops, look at the daft as one cheeky comment. Wage comparison is a normal thing because people always want to earn better but meanwhile health is wealth. U can not pack all the pounds. I rather earn less with less stress than earn more with more stress

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 10:04am On Jan 25
abuhusna1:

The law is statight forward as long as you are not 18 before your residence in the uk is 7 years you are entitled to regularisation. No Jupiter can send the child out of uk after 7 years as he or she is entitled to private right. Many people had regularised their status this way cos as soon as the child gets regulariaed the parent use their child's status to regularise.

Again, I ask.
You mean if my 10 year old nephew gets a visitor visa to the UK and comes in with his dad. The dad return to Nigeria and leaves the boy with me. 7 years later, when the boy is 17, he can go to ‘regularise’ his status?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ezegees(m): 10:51am On Jan 25
Hello house, please I need a response.

I want to invite my mother to the uk. I have money in my Nigerian bank account. I’m just 4 months in the uk so I have 2 months payslip. How do I go about this
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by abuhusna1: 10:53am On Jan 25
ReesheesuKnack:

Again, I ask.
You mean if my 10 year old nephew gets a visitor visa to the UK and comes in with his dad. The dad return to Nigeria and leaves the boy with me. 7 years later, when the boy is 17, he can go to ‘regularise’ his status?
Sure. If he can demonstrate 7 years rule by showing his school records and other stuffs that proofs he had lived in the uk for 7 years

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 11:15am On Jan 25
abuhusna1:

Sure. If he can demonstrate 7 years rule by showing his school records and other stuffs that proofs he had lived in the uk for 7 years

I hope you realise that there is a "reasonable" test that is also applied to the discretionary application. It is not a point based/ automatic application. The rules state:

Discretionary Leave to Remain—Applicable Rules
Your child can benefit from the discretionary leave to remain in the UK if:

He or she is under 18 years of age.
He or she is still in the United Kingdom.
He or she has lived continuously in the UK for seven years.
It is unreasonable to expect the child to leave the country.

When is it Unreasonable to Expect the Child to Leave the United Kingdom?
Here are some of the many factors that are considered unreasonable when a child has lived in the UK for seven years and is expected to leave:

If there is any significant risk to the health of the child. For example, if they are undergoing treatment for a serious illness or a life-threatening disease, that treatment is not available in their country to which they are returning.
If the child has wider family ties in the United Kingdom.
Other factors may include:
Whether the child has visited or lived in the country (that they are being sent to) previously.
Do they have any friendship or family network there?
Do they have any cultural ties in that country?
Do they understand the culture, have the ability to speak, write and read the language spoken there?

Success in the application will depend on how it is represented and fought - the now 17 year old (who is almost an adult) would have lived a large part of their formative years in Nigeria. If they speak the language, have family and cultural ties in Nigeria, etc, then it will be more difficult to convince the case worker that it is unreasonable to expect the 17 year old to be able to reintegrate in Nigeria.

Home office might not seek to deport, but they can refuse/frustrate the application and leave him/her in limbo.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jamesclooney: 11:59am On Jan 25
Please anyone know schengen country that has biometric appointment dates? I’ve checked Greece and I cannot see anything till March 2024. Same thing with Croatia. Ideally looking for an appointment next week w/c 29th Jan. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Godslove124: 12:28pm On Jan 25
Please does NHS give visa sponsorship for Domestic assistant?

Or

Can an NHS domestic assistant switch to care assistant in NHS? Please I need answers. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 12:29pm On Jan 25
Jamesclooney:
Please anyone know schengen country that has biometric appointment dates? I’ve checked Greece and I cannot see anything till March 2024. Same thing with Croatia. Ideally looking for an appointment next week w/c 29th Jan. Thank you

You may have to (very painfully) call up agents. They can arrange a genuine appointment for you on a day or three -depending on how much you are willing to pay.

I speak from (my) experience. I had to (very painfully pay up to £200) to an agency in London last year.
Alternatively, book and wait for an appointment in March or April or whenever there is availability.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 12:31pm On Jan 25
Cyberknight:

This is correct to an extent. However, it is debatable whether this provision is absolute and will be applicable in cases where parents deliberately decided not to pay for visas for their children while they continued paying for themselves and either could have afforded to pay for the children's visas or could have stretched themselves to do so or sought a fee waiver if they genuinely could not pay.
At some point any such children's status might come to the HO's notice, either when they are registering for school somewhere or if they have to seek non-emergency treatment and the parents incur a bill or if a landlord asks for BRPs when parents move house, etc.
Remember that the general thrust of visa policy in this country is to collect money from migrants to pay for public services, so allowing people to get away with not paying for dependants visas to save themselves money would entail creating moral hazard that the HO might or might not decide to follow up on.
It is happening life and clear. Don’t be overly emotional about it. Thousands of overstayers are milking it.
I don’t support this but it is what it is. Until it is banned, it remains the mode of operation of so many people. Join immigration platforms and you would be left speechless.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jamesclooney: 12:58pm On Jan 25
ReesheesuKnack:

You may have to (very painfully) call up agents. They can arrange a genuine appointment for you on a day or three -depending on how much you are willing to pay.

I speak from (my) experience. I had to (very painfully pay up to £200) to an agency in London last year.
Alternatively, book and wait for an appointment in March or April or whenever there is availability.

Thank you. A TikTok agent is offering me £235 for Netherlands next week? Pls can you refer me to your agent? Unfortunately cannot wait as it’s a work trip (came up last minute).
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:26pm On Jan 25
Manual driving or Auto which is the best and fastest to learn driving ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 1:34pm On Jan 25
Soon to be changes as our very own S has said above

abuhusna1:

The law is statight forward as long as you are not 18 before your residence in the uk is 7 years you are entitled to regularisation. No Jupiter can send the child out of uk after 7 years as he or she is entitled to private right. Many people had regularised their status this way cos as soon as the child gets regulariaed the parent use their child's status to regularise.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chinlov: 1:40pm On Jan 25
Na dis kain talk de make our S vex o

she has said it will soon be banned so tongue

giselle237:

It is happening life and clear. Don’t be overly emotional about it. Thousands of overstayers are milking it.
I don’t support this but it is what it is. Until it is banned, it remains the mode of operation of so many people. Join immigration platforms and you would be left speechless.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by profemebee(m): 4:24pm On Jan 25
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mayowa94: 5:59pm On Jan 25
hustla:

They'll deliver it, mine was done around the same time too

They delivered mine last week and tracking was like this
Please can you tell me the exact dates so that I can predict. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by cbn4main: 6:41pm On Jan 25
farnet:
Please people, has any of the below happened, and what are the implications?

Parents applied for Graduate visa and couldn't do so for the kids, all less than 6years old, because of fund.

Particular questions
1. Is there anyway it affects or will affect the parents visa?
2. In what specific ways does it affect the children?
3. What if the family doesn't have long term plan living here. Looking at moving elsewhere in near future. Does it matter or wouldn't it be a waste of scarce money ( let's say that have it) applying for children that won't be needing a brp for anything or right to work?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:20pm On Jan 25
profemebee:
https://politicsnigeria.com/nigerian-phd-student-dies-in-the-uk-amidst-reports-of-recent-nigerian-deaths-abroad/

sad sad

Another student died within 24 hours of arriving the UK...... I think his burial is happening today.......

Unfortunately, people die everyday (not tied to location, race, status, tribe, profession) etc etc

The importance of life insurance policies.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by farnet: 7:22pm On Jan 25
Wow! Tough one. Well, not just me per se. I mean yes , I had same issue, but it's sorted. Have got a lot of other people asking same so I say let me throw it here. Will share the responses here. Thank you guys
Chreze:

The bolded is a very difficult pill to swallow. It’s the best decision if no other means to get the money, But very very difficult to swallow. It’s far better than having a dent on their young fresh travel history. it’s very very hard.

@farnet have you tried getting a loan here in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:33pm On Jan 25
lavida001:

Fastest - Auto
Best - Manual ( you can drive both and I think manual license covers both. Not 100% sure though )
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:36pm On Jan 25
Mehn, the number of tuition support and go fund me I've seen on Twitter in the last 2 weeks ehn ( that's minus the RIP tweets for Nigerian students...)

Think people don't plan for the realities on ground

shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gracious11111: 7:56pm On Jan 25
:34pm On Jan 21
Hello all, please how can one get a UK care reference for work?
Please anyone with link that can help should kindly help out.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mayowa94: 8:01pm On Jan 25
hustla:

They'll deliver it, mine was done around the same time too

They delivered mine last week and tracking was like this
Please can you tell me the exact dates so that I can predict. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hkana: 9:08pm On Jan 25
Unsolicited PSA

For those interested in switching current accounts. TSB is currently offering £185 switch incentive.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Diamonds911(m): 10:22pm On Jan 25
Iolo:

Lack of accommodation may prove a challenge as you should be able to show that you’re able to accommodate your kids and grandparents. You’ve already gone ahead to pay for the visa fees but if I were you I’ll wait to resume my job, have proof of address and at least one pay slip to show proof of income.

Many thanks Lolo. i had to pay for the visa fees because of the naira to GBP exchange rates.
I am still open to further counsel.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 10:46pm On Jan 25
hustla:
Mehn, the number of tuition support and go fund me I've seen on Twitter in the last 2 weeks ehn ( that's minus the RIP tweets for Nigerian students...)

shocked

They do
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 10:52pm On Jan 25
lavida001:

Auto is easier and faster, saves you money, time and energy, no need to plan to drive manual if you plan to buy auto because you will hardly need to drive another person's car.

Manual cars are significantly cheaper to buy and with manual license, you can drive auto too.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 11:01pm On Jan 25
hustla:

shocked
Things are no longer the way they were, it was easy to get part time jobs but not anymore because full time workers are now in abundance so employers prefer them.

I used to be an advocate of "come, you will hussle and survive, don't let anybody discourage you", but with the financial burden and emotional stress I have got to bear from students this period, my guy, I won't discourage you o, but I will tell you before you come that you should not count on me.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:17pm On Jan 25
justwise:

They do

What then seems to be the issue

Genuine question
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:17pm On Jan 25
Viruses:

Things are no longer the way they were, it was easy to get part time jobs but not anymore because full time workers are now in abundance so employers prefer them.

I used to be an advocate of "come, you will hussle and survive, don't let anybody discourage you", but with the financial burden and emotional stress I have got to bear from students this period, my guy, I won't discourage you o, but I will tell you before you come that you should not count on me.

True sha

Hopefully things will free up now following the student dependent ban
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 11:18pm On Jan 25
Hkana:
Unsolicited PSA

For those interested in switching current accounts. TSB is currently offering £185 switch incentive.

Any direct debit requirements?

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (529) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Lexusgs430, SPDAZZY(f), LaXxOnebody(m), iyatrustee(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.