Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (467673 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (540) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 1:11pm On Feb 27
Within a week or 2 .. . There's been loads of praises with whatever new system in place. They now need to fix the booking of appointment which I doubt.

jum33:
please for those that just renew their Nigerian passport recently ,what is now the new time frame to book an appointment , get the Biometric capturing done and getting the passport finally .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 1:55pm On Feb 27
Onto the next one... Exam tension wan catch me, I just dey click click harzard anyhow. But thank God, we move.

See rigour for license? License wey dem use beg person for Naija.

A good system has privileges as well as RESPONSIBILITIES.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ibro2021: 2:05pm On Feb 27
Chief

I greet you.

Please check your inbox. I sent you a mail.

Thank you.

amanze54:

Baba Lexusgs430 you are also an experienced man in this UK. Please drop an input in this my request below

Please I need some guidance, advice and feedback...

I have two offers which I am divided on which to choose

I am through with my MSc in Data Science here and already on tier 2 courtesy of my wife who got a sponsored support work

The first offer is a prison officer with a starting salary of 28k.

The second offer is a Department of Education Financed training to be a physic teacher with a bursary of 28k for 10 month, I will be paid 19k while 9k will go to the Secondary school providing the training which is affiliated to a university. At the end I will be given QTS ( qualifications to teach) and a PGCE. Now at the end of the training, I am required to look for a teaching job.

Please I need a guidance on which to go, given the peculiarity of this country.

September is start date for both.

Do not mind any grammatical error.
Note I can't do both given the way the training is structured
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Juwon21: 4:06pm On Feb 27
My people,

Please any app that one can use in the UK to send money to USA bank account? I can't see USA on lemfi, I Will appreciate any other suggestions
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 4:11pm On Feb 27
Juwon21:
My people,

Please any app that one can use in the UK to send money to USA bank account? I can't see USA on lemfi, I Will appreciate any other suggestions

Wise account

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 4:19pm On Feb 27
elengine:
Good evening house.
I work in a company where my role covers EMEA. I have just been told to prepare to visit Switzerland, Germany, Sweeden, Finland , Czech Republic.etc

My ASK. Please does my BRP allow me to go to these countries or I need to apply for Visa.

Secondly, does anyone have any useful information regarding the cost and any other info that may be of help.

Thanks

You need a visa mate. Since your organisation require you to visit these schengen countries, they would have to procure one for you.

The last time I had the same issue, I already had valid schengen visa. I was just touring like a visitor. Not an ideal situation, I couldn't be bothered to go through normal process.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rollykotex: 4:59pm On Feb 27
jum33:
please for those that just renew their Nigerian passport recently ,what is now the new time frame to book an appointment , get the Biometric capturing done and getting the passport finally .
I booked mine last week and no date earlier than June 14. People are paying between £250 to £300 to get earlier dates but I can’t. I’ll jejely wait til June because I’m not in a hurry for it. You may want to apply now to be able to get a date in June
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:06pm On Feb 27
Juwon21:
My people,

World remit should be fine

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SheeldaKulikuli(f): 5:19pm On Feb 27
Lexusgs430:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ....... You don't actually have a rental agreement, but a license......

I don't think you have the permission to sublet that accomodation.......

Read your terms and conditions properly...... Have you spoken to your licence holder(s), about this predicament........
Hi, I can. I am not subletting. I am looking for a replacement who will sign a contract to takeover my tenancy. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 5:20pm On Feb 27
Misread this as delivery time frame 🤦🏽‍♂️

jum33:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:40pm On Feb 27
SheeldaKulikuli:

Hi, I can. I am not subletting. I am looking for a replacement who will sign a contract to takeover my tenancy. Thank you.

A replacement student or can a family rent it.......

Goodluck with sourcing someone to takeover.....
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 6:14pm On Feb 27
Lexusgs430:
Quick read...... Learn to mind your business........ 🤣😜

The hunter, got hunted....... 🤣

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/cycling-london-helmet-camera-mobile-phone-driver-dave-clifton-b1141159.html

Hehe I'm sure na the Range Rover vex the cyclist sotey he comit crime to pull him down. The hate for Range drivers is real.

The end of the article sweet me... 'Mr Clifton is due to face trial next month at Lavender Hill magistrates court. The driver of the Range Rover received a police “advisory letter” but faced no criminal case.'

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SPDAZZY(f): 6:46pm On Feb 27
Hi everyone,

Been receiving several threats from my Nigerian banking institutions and MTN SIM concerning NIN linking.

I remember vividly that I linked my NIN to all my SIMs so I just decided to relink again. I have tried to do this without success(banks inclusive) as they are unable to verify.

I decided to check my NIMC app and discovered that my date of birth has changed by a day. For instance it reads the 5th instead of the 6th, the month and year are still accurate. I checked my husband's own and same thing happened to his date of birth.

I don't understand this at all, how does this just change and now I can no longer link to my accounts ( naija just dey stain person white embarassed )

Anyway or where to fix this before the deadline please and thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:49pm On Feb 27
SPDAZZY:
Hi everyone,

Been receiving several threats from my Nigerian banking institutions and MTN SIM concerning NIN linking.

I remember vividly that I linked my NIN to all my SIMs so I just decided to relink again. I have tried to do this without success(banks inclusive) as they are unable to verify.

I decided to check my NIMC app and discovered that my date of birth has changed by a day. For instance it reads the 5th instead of the 6th, the month and year are still accurate. I checked my husband's own and same thing happened to his date if birth.

I don't understand this at all, how does this just change and now I can no longer link to my accounts ( naija just dey stain person white embarassed )

This fraud was a deliberate act, by people at that hopeless institution.......

You would now have to pay an extortionate fee, to rectify your data.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Estroller: 6:58pm On Feb 27
Juwon21:
My people,

Revolut or Mines?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SPDAZZY(f): 7:45pm On Feb 27
Lexusgs430:

This fraud was a deliberate act, by people at that hopeless institution.......

You would now have to pay an extortionate fee, to rectify your data.........

Walai, same thing my husband has been saying.

It's annoying!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SheeldaKulikuli(f): 8:26pm On Feb 27
Lexusgs430:

A replacement student or can a family rent it.......

Goodluck with sourcing someone to takeover.....
A student, an individual.
Thank you very much.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by fatima04: 11:30pm On Feb 27
Lexusgs430:
Rollykotex - Congratulations on this milestone..... It truly goes to show that hardwork, [b]couples financial cooperation [/b]and determination works........👍😊

Now you have left the rental market, time to start building up your equity, heading towards financial comfortability/freedom ........ RENT MONEY IS INDEED DEAD MONEY....... 😂🤑

NB : Life insurance nko....... 🤣😝

Very apt at the bolded. Double income household opens lot more opportunities towards house ownership

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:45pm On Feb 27
fatima04:

Very apt at the bolded. Double income household opens lot more opportunities towards house ownership

That little point (but very important), is causing mayhem in many homes in the UK....

I am not been sexist with this follow through..... But, why do some our ladies feel that, his money is the household's money, whilst her money is none of his business...... 😂😜

The ladies are working full time, like their husbands...... But refuse to contribute £0.00, to the running of their family....... 🏃🏃🏃

I know some men too, get craze for head..... But from my interactions, it's more common amomgst Nigerian women.......

Is it due to the Nigerian follow - come mentality, that the man MUST pay 100% of all the household bills...... 🏃🏃🏃🏃

I come in peace...... 🚶🚶🚶😜😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OgbeniOptional(m): 2:48am On Feb 28
We only do 60/40 here so far you are in full time employment. U no gree, I no gree. Last last make we go separate ways, many men don commot matrimonial home sef for this UK. Not working together as a couple is worse than living alone.

Lexusgs430:

That little point (but very important), is causing mayhem in many homes in the UK....

I am not been sexist with this follow through..... But, why do some our ladies feel that, his money is the household's money, whilst her money is none of his business...... 😂😜

The ladies are working full time, like their husbands...... But refuse to contribute £0.00, to the running of their family....... 🏃🏃🏃

I know some men too, get craze for head..... But from my interactions, it's more common amomgst Nigerian women.......

Is it due to the Nigerian follow - come mentality, that the man MUST pay 100% of all the household bills...... 🏃🏃🏃🏃

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 3:14am On Feb 28
OgbeniOptional:
We only do 60/40 here so far you are in full time employment. U no gree, I no gree. Last last make we go separate ways, many men don commot matrimonial home sef for this UK. Not working together as a couple is worse than living alone.

A financially greedy person, does not deserve to have a wife/husband.........🤑🔪

Just stay single jejely...... Let's see if you would not spend your money, on yourself........😂

And if you refuse to spend your money on yourself, when you die ........ Other people would spend your money, however they deem fit ........😁😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by haywhy80: 4:18am On Feb 28
If you live in Glasgow, Scotland and in need of sofas, wardrobe, mattress (double), baby seat, and baby wears (up to 6 months), kindly reach out to me.

Send a direct message to me and I'll respond swiftly.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 5:29am On Feb 28
SPDAZZY:
Hi everyone,

I decided to check my NIMC app and discovered that my date of birth has changed by a day. For instance it reads the 5th instead of the 6th, the month and year are still accurate. I checked my husband's own and same thing happened to his date of birth.

I'll advise you tread carefully. Fraudsters might be lurking somewhere or trying to be funny. For it to happen to you and husband, same time, is a red flag.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 5:33am On Feb 28
Lexusgs430:

Any woman that thinks this way is wicked, and doesn't deserve to be in a marriage. She should be a baby mama.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:00am On Feb 28
ehizario2012:

Any woman that thinks this way is wicked, and doesn't deserve to be in a marriage. She should be a baby mama.

Sabi nah man go give her belle...... Then she
collects child support........ 😊😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SPDAZZY(f): 6:53am On Feb 28
ehizario2012:

I'll advise you tread carefully. Fraudsters might be lurking somewhere or trying to be funny. For it to happen to you and husband, same time, is a red flag.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 9:35am On Feb 28
https://www.nairaland.com/8014960/tinubu-launches-expatriate-employment-levy

"President Bola Tinubu has launched the expatriate employment levy (EEL) to close wage gaps between expatriates and the Nigerian labour force.

The EEL also mandates firms to pay levies for hiring expatriates and provides guidelines on the employment of Nigerians in foreign-owned companies.

EXPATRIATE WILL ONLY WORK IN NIGERIA IF NO NIGERIAN HAS NEEDED SKILLS’"

Fees are about $10k - $15k from what I heard from colleagues this morning. This has always existed but has been increased substantially, BTW.

----
Cue the outrage about Nigeria exploiting foreign workers, 'discrimination' blah blah blah

No? Nothing? Okay.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Oyi12: 9:41am On Feb 28
Morning my people, I have come again with questions please. We recently got a care sponsorship and on the response from home office, it was stated that the applicant could work 20 hours on jobs on the shortage occupation list or the same sharecode. Does that mean that the person could maybe work as an IT or any job for 20 hours if it is on the shortage occupation?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:00am On Feb 28
Oyi12:
Morning my people, I have come again with questions please. We recently got a care sponsorship and on the response from home office, it was stated that the applicant could work 20 hours on jobs on the shortage occupation list or the same sharecode. Does that mean that the person could maybe work as an IT or any job for 20 hours if it is on the shortage occupation?

Simply put...... Like for like only, using same share code........

A carer, cannot care for any other, but another human being (for 20 hours extra only)......

If a dog walker job is on the shortage list, this person cannot care for a dog...... 🐶😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 10:43am On Feb 28
Saw this and it's scary.

Cashing out by waving people on to Canada from India through the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/27/former-ba-employee-allegedly-orchestrated-3m-immigration-scam-from-heathrow-check-in-desk

But the guy done japa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 10:56am On Feb 28
Lexusgs430:

Sabi nah man go give her belle...... Then she
collects child support........ 😊😂

Whala wahala wahala!!! They always winning shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 11:00am On Feb 28
Goodenoch:
https://www.nairaland.com/8014960/tinubu-launches-expatriate-employment-levy

"President Bola Tinubu has launched the expatriate employment levy (EEL) to close wage gaps between expatriates and the Nigerian labour force.

The EEL also mandates firms to pay levies for hiring expatriates and provides guidelines on the employment of Nigerians in foreign-owned companies.

EXPATRIATE WILL ONLY WORK IN NIGERIA IF NO NIGERIAN HAS NEEDED SKILLS’"

Fees are about $10k - $15k from what I heard from colleagues this morning. This has always existed but has been increased substantially, BTW.

----
Cue the outrage about Nigeria exploiting foreign workers, 'discrimination' blah blah blah

No? Nothing? Okay.

I'm not a fan of Tinubu but that man is an enigma.

He's bringing up some very sensible policies but he messed all up with that subsidy removal without due considerations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (540) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: opeoyek, Goodenoch, pushup, zealog, akosh005, harddrive2012, Hwy9 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.