Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (468086 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (541) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 11:43am On Jun 08, 2023
Solumtoya:
You're on your own, giselle. I can't take responsibility for how you comprehend my gist. Have a nice day, una too like fight
comprehend ke? It is you that came to give us story of how people go out for 2 days and come back. Sorry Sir.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 11:44am On Jun 08, 2023
I'm currently making an application for a Grandma and I'm stating she's gonna stay for 2 months with even her flight ticket already booked.

She will be granted 6 months multiple entry based on the application.

If she stays her 2 months and 3 months later decides to come back for a week's visit, she's well within the terms of her visa even though she didn't state that in her application but she can do so comfortably and renew afterwards without issues.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 11:46am On Jun 08, 2023
giselle237:
comprehend ke? It is you that came to give us story of how people go out for 2 days and come back. Sorry Sir.

And when did I state it was the norm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 11:51am On Jun 08, 2023
I personally do not see anything wrong in this. Where is the abuse? If you are referring to the registration of GP, it's not free to visitors so I expect the OP to have paid for any services rendered.

SamReinvented:

Classic example of the people that Zahra commenter is talking about. Blatantly abusing processes with no care in the world. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2023
SamReinvented:

Classic example of the people that Zahra commenter is talking about. Blatantly abusing processes with no care in the world. SMH.

Please help state the processes that are being abused here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MayCar: 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Carry go ........ Nothing to worry about....... Just ensure she returns back 5 months+ ..........

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ogundare26: 1:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
Good day ma'am I sent you an email I would like to contact you about my interview coming up next week. Thanks
LagosismyHome:
I give up... was trying to catch up but almost one month behind smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jesmond3945: 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
justwise:

The guy in trouble was not interested in adult, he went for14yrs old, that is the problem here Nigerian or non Nigerian it will land anyone in trouble
i know.
My take is that in uk you can never tell what is in the mind of most women so is better you give them space. A woman can switch up and say you harrased her just by giving her compliment or glancing at her. Is your words against hers. My brother I will not allow my name or reputation to be ruined by any woman in uk. So I am very catious around millions of them here. Why I made exceptions for nigerian or african women is their is little or no bias. The chances of being accused of one thing or the other is low.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
Thank you for this. It is a corporate. How can I have a limit of 30k and I won't benefit from it. O wrong now. E dey pain me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SamReinvented: 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
elengine:
Thank you for this. It is a corporate. How can I have a limit of 30k and I won't benefit from it. O wrong now. E dey pain me

My corporate card has no limit. Worst of all, I spend so much on it, but can’t benefit from avios and stuff. I’ve made peace with the situation. You’d be fine too cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2023
jesmond3945:
i know.
My take is that in uk you can never tell what is in the mind of most women so is better you give them space. A woman can switch up and say you harrased her just by giving her compliment or glancing at her. Is your words against hers. My brother I will not allow my name or reputation to be ruined by any woman in uk. So I am very catious around millions of them here. Why I made exceptions for nigerian or african women is their is little or no bias. The chances of being accused of one thing or the other is low.

There is no evidence to support that comment,
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2023
Solumtoya:

Of course, she has. There are 2 of my friends whose Mums did that, one of them has renewed.

There's a lot of misconception about the visitor's visa. It says you should not stay more than 6 months at a time and that's mostly it. They hardly consider your application reason vs length of stay when renewing especially for a Retiree. If one applies for a 10 year visa, for instance, they don't expect you to outline your entire itinerary for the 10 years. The exception is that you don't "live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent or successive visits", that's very subjective. It would most likely raise a flag if German Grandma does that 4 times and ends up staying for 2 years at a stretch with just only a few days away throughout.

The guy whose Grandma is on a 5 year visa and wants to extend her stay to 5 or 6 months to stay for the kid's birthday is perfectly legitimate. She won't have an issue when renewing, she didn't break her visa rule.

They do, you can make a case for a grandmother/father but you will struggle to make a case for a working aged man or woman staying 2-5 moths in the UK in the name of holiday. If you watch old UKBA border force videos you will come across cases where people were refused a visa for staying longer that stated in the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:25pm On Jun 08, 2023
I just hit 2 bicycle jackpots....... My neighbour put out 2 (almost new adult bicycles)......

Fault - all tyres low + faulty mis-aligned chains........

As a 9ja boy wey I be ...... I carry both bicycles, took me all of 15 minutes, both bikes now riding like a Ferrari..........😭😁

My dilemma..... My neighbour is a Chief Judge, I hope he does not sue me, demanding his lovely bikes back ..........😜😁🀣

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jesmond3945: 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
justwise:

There is no evidence to support that comment,
i am an evidence myself. However, subjective. Many people can attest to my assertion.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missb50: 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
Make I come carry one?

Lexusgs430:
I just hit 2 bicycle jackpots....... My neighbour put out 2 (almost new adult bicycles)......

As a 9ja boy wey I be ...... I carry both bicycles, took me all of 15 minutes, both bikes now riding like a Ferrari..........😭😁

My dilemma..... My neighbour is a Chief Judge, I hope he does not sue me, demanding his lovely bikes back ..........😜😁🀣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:36pm On Jun 08, 2023
missb50:
Make I come carry one?

Bring £250.00........😜🀣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2023
jesmond3945:
i know.
I actually just watched the video. I didn't bother earlier cos pervs disgusts me. What I find funny is people with a crazy culture and agenda also targeting children and grooming them for LGBTQ are 'shook' by this pedophilic imp. What they are doing is far worse, they are scarring children and confusing children for life too.....oh and what's more it's just a matter of time before they view pedophilia thru another lens. I was just laughing watching that video. They are actively seeking to confuse and misdirect children even thru the school curriculum but find this supposedly shocking.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Solumtoya: 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Hahaa! Enjoy your new bikes! I have some nice bikes that my neighbours left in the apartment and moved out about 1 year ago. The new Naija tenants have just left it there since it's chained and they met it there. I've told them to inform the landlord and know if they can break the chains and flex it.

I wish I have a biking Community where I live. I have started taking some long rides to other Towns through several miles of lovely bike paths like the pictures I took below last month

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jesmond3945: 4:53pm On Jun 08, 2023
Treadway:
I actually just watched the video. I didn't bother earlier cos pervs disgusts me. What I find funny is people with a crazy culture and agenda also targeting childrens and grooming them for LGBTQ are 'shook' by this pedophilic imp. What they are doing is far worse, they are scarring children and confusing children for life too.....oh and what's more it's just a matter of time before they view pedophilia thru another lens. I was just laughing watching that video. The are actively seeking to confuse and misdirect children even thru the school curriculum but find this supposedly shocking.
yea drag queens very disgusting. God abeg oo.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jesmond3945: 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
Solumtoya:

Hahaa! Enjoy your new bikes! I have some nice bikes that my neighbours left in the apartment and moved out about 1 year ago. The new Naija tenants have just left it there since it's chained and they met it there. I've told them to inform the landlord and know if they can break the chains and flex it.

I wish I have a biking Community where I live. I have started taking some long rides to other Towns through several miles of lovely bike paths like the pictures I took below last month
chai see why uk is a beautiful country.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by STENON(f): 5:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
HI Everyone. Please how do I get PTA within 2 weeks in Naija for someone visiting from Nigeria ? Thank yous xx
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SamReinvented: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
Treadway:
I actually just watched the video. I didn't bother earlier cos pervs disgusts me. What I find funny is people with a crazy culture and agenda also targeting childrens and grooming them for LGBTQ are 'shook' by this pedophilic imp. What they are doing is far worse, they are scarring children and confusing children for life too.....oh and what's more it's just a matter of time before they view pedophilia thru another lens. I was just laughing watching that video. The are actively seeking to confuse and misdirect children even thru the school curriculum but find this supposedly shocking.
This argument of trying to equate two adults sleeping with eachother, with adults trying to sleep with children is now tired. It's 2023 - rest it.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by SamReinvented: 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2023
STENON:
HI Everyone. Please how do I get PTA within 2 weeks in Naija for someone visiting from Nigeria ? Thank yous xx
Short answer - You can't. Even within one month, it will be through the grace of God. The whole process is now very muddled - your application just ends up sitting on that portal without any progress.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
jesmond3945:
i am an evidence myself. However, subjective. Many people can attest to my assertion.

Did you read few pages back about a case of a Nigerian girl that reported another Nigerian for sexual harassment ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
jesmond3945:
yea drag queens very disgusting. God abeg oo.

I have no prob with drag queens or LGBT group as long as its a case of two consenting adults but i have a serious prob with adult grooming children for sextual pleasure

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lolli2pop: 5:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Hey lexus i have been looking for a bike.. are you based in London?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
SamReinvented:

My corporate card has no limit. Worst of all, I spend so much on it, but can’t benefit from avios and stuff. I’ve made peace with the situation. You’d be fine too cheesy cheesy.

Use it to book train ticket from top cashback
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jesmond3945: 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
justwise:

Did you read few pages back about a case of a Nigerian girl that reported another Nigerian for sexual harassment ?
i thought the said lady is a non nigerian who was being cared for by a nigerian man?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
SamReinvented:

This argument of trying to equate two adults sleeping with eachother, with adults trying to sleep with children is now tired. It's 2023 - rest it.
lol. It is 2023 and let me equate the issues properly, as clearly you didn't. The culture/system is actively targeting, grooming, and confusing children with their LGBTQ nonsense..and this is scarring the children for life, just like this acts of pedophilia...only diff btw them is that pedophilia doesn't have a badge in the system yet.

When it is pedophilia, they remember they are children, but when it is to confuse them to discard their organs and genitals at age 9 and 10, they don't remember they are children. If you don't stilll see the equation, I give up.

But I know some people will. Lobatan

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jesmond3945: 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
justwise:

I have no prob with drag queens or LGBT group as long as its a case of two consenting adults but i have a serious prob with adult grooming children for sextual pleasure
you mean drag queens grooming children to see lgbtq as okay?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missb50: 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lol, sikin change. Make I come fes.. Na to report you to the Chief Judge grin tongue

Lexusgs430:

Bring £250.00........😜🀣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lolli2pop:

Hey lexus i have been looking for a bike.. are you based in London?

You wan come buy the other one .......😭😁

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (541) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: humblemoi, heroshark(m), Ghostagain, JaySterling, tjsadiq(m), Tstone1(m), Raalsalghul, Schoolhike, toughest007, acosfd, OfferAccepted, IcecoldDon, akosh005 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.