Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (459951 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 6:55pm On Mar 26
You dey mind that one? 😏 If na like that, Reddit and Quora for no Dey exist
profemebee:
but someone said we dont need NL and every information is on the internet grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the person is also on NL to seek knowledge lol

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 6:58pm On Mar 26
Baba Lexus… Agba yin ma dale 🙌. I have been sharing the IpTv love with friends ever since you introduce me to it. More blessing Baba.
Lexusgs430:

Why you no go read the conversation, for google........😁

That's why people so miss the point of NL........ A sequence of conversations, painting a brighter and colourful picture........🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:10pm On Mar 26
AgentXxx:
You dey mind that one? 😏 If na like that, Reddit and Quora for no Dey exist

Reddit even floated an IPO, few days ago ...... IPO was released at $34...... Reddit is now selling at $67 per share........

This is not financial advice...........🤣😜😁

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:11pm On Mar 26
AgentXxx:
Baba Lexus… Agba yin ma dale 🙌. I have been sharing the IpTv love with friends ever since you introduce me to it. More blessing Baba.

Why pay £60 per month, when you can pay £30 per year...........😂😜

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:15pm On Mar 26
lastkingsman:

Failed policies (Fuel and FX subsidies) are what they have fully brought back.

Lebanon dollar tumble from 1,500 to 15,000 in three weeks because they used their reserves to defend their currency.

This Tinubu's govt is playing with fire.

Not to forget that they're also looting while at it

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 8:33pm On Mar 26
profemebee:
i will never forget one BA flight i was about to board... while going thru the weighing of luggages and boarding, one man's palm oil poured allover his luggage .. his clothes, laptop, etc

There is no word he didn't call his wife who wasn't traveling with him but i think she is in the UK .. he was cursing and cursing.. palm oil spilled out onto the entire floor.. i had to push my luggages away grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I wonder how they settled the matter when he got to the UK

OMO e reach to fight.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 8:38pm On Mar 26
AgentXxx:
God bless everyone that shared info about this 0% purchase credit card 🙌. I just got approved for 0% for 21months with a generous credit limit. I will start preparing for ILR payment using the card.😋

To the brother who shared the initial issues, God bless you as your gist brought solution to so many people.

I will end my post with a quote from our own Prof: Layi once said “InFO la fi nFO” if you don’t understand ask a Yoruba friend 😝

Congratulations Oga. Abeg I missed the testimony. Is the purchase credit card different from the balance transfer card? Please explain it small, ILR is knocking for some of us too and the money is plenty.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 8:54pm On Mar 26
AgentXxx:
God bless everyone that shared info about this 0% purchase credit card 🙌. I just got approved for 0% for 21months with a generous credit limit. I will start preparing for ILR payment using the card.😋

To the brother who shared the initial issues, God bless you as your gist brought solution to so many people.

I will end my post with a quote from our own Prof: Layi once said “InFO la fi nFO” if you don’t understand ask a Yoruba friend 😝

Check the small prints carefully for the 0% purchase cards.

Some of the cards offer 0% interest on purchases for up to 26 months but the purchases must be completed within the first 3 months of card ownership. So if your visa payment is say in month 4, you will not be covered by the 0% offer.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kode12: 9:32pm On Mar 26
Mamatukwas:

Congratulations Oga. Abeg I missed the testimony. Is the purchase credit card different from the balance transfer card? Please explain it small, ILR is knocking for some of us too and the money is plenty.
You have specific cards that will give you interest free purchases for up to 18months. Use apps like credit karma to look for them, they're great for spreading out big purchases.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 10:23pm On Mar 26
I will keep monitoring and wait for a better entry 😋
Lexusgs430:

Reddit even floated an IPO, few days ago ...... IPO was released at $34...... Reddit is now selling at $67 per share........

This is not financial advice...........🤣😜😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 10:24pm On Mar 26
Baba You should have studied accounting in school, your brain is like calculator .
Lexusgs430:

Why pay £60 per month, when you can pay £30 per year...........😂😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 10:28pm On Mar 26
I never ripe for ILR so no Congratulations yet 😂The Ogas like Lexus can explain better but the card I got has 0% balance transfer and purchases for 21months so therefore I think BT card and Purchase can be different cards but can also be combined in one card just as the one I got with Barclays.
Mamatukwas:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AgentXxx(m): 10:31pm On Mar 26
Thanks for bringing this up. They were three credit cards from Barclays and one of them had this term you just stated . The one I chose was clearly for 21months. Everyone should take note and read terms and conditions properly oo.
Peerielass:

Check the small prints carefully for the 0% purchase cards.

Some of the cards offer 0% interest on purchases for up to 26 months but the purchases must be completed within the first 3 months of card ownership. So if your visa payment is say in month 4, you will not be covered by the 0% offer.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:26pm On Mar 26
AgentXxx:
I will keep monitoring and wait for a better entry 😋

You are reading my mind ....... $RDDT would be a very good share to short......... 😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:30pm On Mar 26
AgentXxx:
Baba You should have studied accounting in school, your brain is like calculator .

We the jebusites, don't like wasting money ........🤣😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 12:03am On Mar 27
missjekyll:

Wrong question...I would ask could anyone be worse than the tories? It's time for a change.

Vote anyone else but Tory!

Extremely dangerous statement @ the bolded.

In 2014, a lot of Nigerians said very similar thing: “PDP out! Anything but Jonathan Goodluck. A goat 🐐 is better than PDP/Jonathan”.

This was despite very glowing evidence that the alternative (APC) did not have any concrete, costed plans.

‘Anyone else but Tory’ is a very dangerous slogan.

The Tories may be woeful right now, but Labour doesn’t seem to be a better alternative.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68671351

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Shanid(m): 12:20am On Mar 27
Hi everyone ,
I need your advice/guidiance on this issue please...I plan to invite my parents to my graduation in june, both are retired hence , their statement of account is almost zero. I and my elder brother will cover for all their expenses .
Please, how do I convince the Visa officer that money is not the problem and that they will go back after 2 weeks.
Please help.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:27am On Mar 27
Shanid:
Hi everyone ,
I need your advice/guidiance on this issue please...I plan to invite my parents to my graduation in june, both are retired hence , their statement of account is almost zero. I and my elder brother will cover for all their expenses .
Please, how do I convince the Visa officer that money is not the problem and that they will go back after 2 weeks.
Please help.

Your financial documentations + letter of invitation, would speak on your behalf.......😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 2:00am On Mar 27
AgentXxx:
I never ripe for ILR so no Congratulations yet 😂The Ogas like Lexus can explain better but the card I got has 0% balance transfer and purchases for 21months so therefore I think BT card and Purchase can be different cards but can also be combined in one card just as the one I got with Barclays.

Makes sense. Will definitely look into it. We don nearly ripe.

@Lexusgs430 you should put together a mini ‘UK finance for beginners’ course for us that are still floundering in this sea of information. Pity us abeg smiley

Also thanks @kode12

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:02am On Mar 27
Mamatukwas:

Makes sense. Will definitely look into it. We don nearly ripe.

@Lexusgs430 you should put together a mini ‘UK finance for beginners’ course for us that are still floundering in this sea of information. Pity us abeg smiley

Also thanks @kode12

You classify yourself a beginner.......😂😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 3:43am On Mar 27
Santa2:

The way I rationalize paying hefty immigration sums upon renewal is that, its my way of getting another passport while paying in instalments. lol. Back in 2015 -2017 a few friend were shelling out between $60,000 to $100,000 to get a second passport, I just dey look they ask "where una dey see this money"? So in order not to scatter my mental health I tell myself that na same thing I dey do but Home office just dey allow me do instalment payments. cheesy. What you wrote up there resonates with me. I have been looking at getting zero percent interest cards that one can pay over 2 years in readiness for the next renewal. One thing I have learnt from this thread is the importance of building a great credit profile and using using credit responsibly.

Nice one. I see AgentXxx just got one.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:18am On Mar 27
A damning report on the issuance of COS licenses.......

https://news.sky.com/story/home-office-granted-275-care-worker-sponsorship-visas-after-forged-application-13102185

Unfortunately, the video embedded was centered on a Nigerian visiting a food bank, run by another Nigerian...... (I am not reading meanings o)...... 🤣😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 6:24am On Mar 27
I wouldnt extrapolate Nigerian politics to the UK as you well know. There is absolutely no point of comparison.

Happily , you have acknowledged the woefullness of the Tories. How can you, in good conscience ,ask people to vote for this terrible party ?

ReesheesuKnack:

Extremely dangerous statement @ the bolded.

In 2014, a lot of Nigerians said very similar thing: “PDP out! Anything but Jonathan Goodluck. A goat 🐐 is better than PDP/Jonathan”.

This was despite very glowing evidence that the alternative (APC) did not have any concrete, costed plans.

‘Anyone else but Tory’ is a very dangerous slogan.

The Tories may be woeful right now, but Labour doesn’t seem to be a better alternative.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68671351
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lastkingsman: 6:26am On Mar 27
hustla:

Not to forget that they're also looting while at it

grin

Looting and moving the money outside Nigeria is what has been killing Nigeria since 1970

FX and fuel subsidies are fraudulent schemes designed to make fuel and dollars cheap for Nigeria on quote but in essence, a great arbitrage for the powerful and connected for round tripping
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 6:33am On Mar 27
lastkingsman:

Looting and moving the money outside Nigeria is what has been killing Nigeria since 1970

FX and fuel subsidies are fraudulent schemes designed to make fuel and dollars cheap for Nigeria on quote but in essence, a great arbitrage for the powerful and connected for round tripping

Do you know whatever happened to that Nigerian e-currency......

Imagine the amount spent to launch that white elephant..........

Now the same FG, is chasing binance....... Why are they not chasing bybit and others........ 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:38am On Mar 27
lastkingsman:

Nigeria sha

I wonder if it will ever work
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 6:40am On Mar 27
Lexusgs430:

Now the same FG, is chasing binance....... Why are they not chasing bybit and others........ 😂

... And Nigeria Air... Paid $600,000 for a logo... Something you can design with photoshop or Canva

Sometimes when people blame neo colonialism for Nigeria's woes, i just dey think to dash them slap

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lastkingsman: 6:51am On Mar 27
Lexusgs430:

The truth is binance provided a platform for people to exchange USD/NGN (digital BDC) and it was very efficient because of the kyc and verification setup. Binance was a problem in the sense that it was acting as a market maker and somehow setting the price of USD/NGN for the general market.

When govt first moved against them, they put a cap on sell limit to correct this. Binance is never the reason why naira is depreciating.

GEJ did 2.3m bpd in oil production, today it's around 1.3m bpd. Where's the 1m bpd difference that could help us with forex?

GEJ did 4.5b USD per annum in foreign direct investment, today it's less than 300m per annum USD. Where's the 4.0 bn USD that could help us to stabilize naira?

Instead of focusing on the issues, they are busy chasing shadows. They have now reverted back to the failed policy of using reserves to defend naira. Kwakwakwa grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lastkingsman: 6:53am On Mar 27
hustla:

Nigeria sha

I wonder if it will ever work

It will never work. It will implode down the line and everybody will answer their papa name
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by NewT123: 8:28am On Mar 27
One Naira is now 1590 to pounds this morning on LemFi

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:35am On Mar 27
lastkingsman:

It will never work. It will implode down the line and everybody will answer their papa name

This Oga dey vex o

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 8:36am On Mar 27
NewT123:
One Naira is now 1590 to pounds this morning on LemFi

It should go back to 700 so people can have some respite and will be able to afford the basics

Whats the essence of the exchange rate favouring diaspora people when everyone else is suffering?

I am just scared of what will happen if the plastic measures wear off

I hope it wont be problem pro max

smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Borrow222 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.