Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,182 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (460120 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jamesclooney: 5:57pm On Mar 27
LORETA:
Good morning house,
Thank you for all informations here.
Please help a sister, I am looking for where I can do fibroid surgery more affordable, here in the uk.
The NHS procedure is not encouraging.
Please the pain am going tru now it's too much, and its start affecting my job.
Please help a sister.

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

From my experience, I’ve been to a Women’s hospital where a Naija lady had multiple fibroids removed. Consultants were joking she’d lost so much weight post-surgery. I don’t know whether it was a scheduled procedure or if she came in via A&E. If you’re that much pain/discomfort, I’d suggest going through A&E. Maybe talk to Doctor friends for advice on trigger words to use etc. Hopefully you get seen soon. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 6:57pm On Mar 27
hustla:

It should go back to 700 so people can have some respite and will be able to afford the basics

Whats the essence of the exchange rate favouring diaspora people when everyone else is suffering?

I am just scared of what will happen if the plastic measures wear off

I hope it wont be problem pro max

smiley

It will wear off. Measures were taken to douse the tension in recent times.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lastkingsman: 7:06pm On Mar 27
hustla:

Naija, everyone is just looting, no one is sensible enough to care about the future or even plan for it

Lord Lugard's excerpt about Nigeria and Africans still holds true several years after

I have taken some parts loosely below -

His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future or grief for the past. His mind is far nearer to the animal world than that of the European or Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals' placidity and want of desire to rise beyond the state he has reached.
Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future

Jezoz, Jezoz, Jezoz, Jezoz... (In Oga Sabinus voice grin)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:18pm On Mar 27
lastkingsman:

Jezoz, Jezoz, Jezoz, Jezoz... (In Oga Sabinus voice grin)

Any lie detected?

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 7:18pm On Mar 27
igbsam:

It will wear off. Measures were taken to douse the tension in recent times.

We wait ...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lastkingsman: 7:25pm On Mar 27
hustla:

Any lie detected?

grin

The accuracy is high especially the last sentence grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wallg123: 8:34pm On Mar 27
LORETA:

Thanks so much,
Are you still referring to the NHS hospital.
I dont want to use them because the complain about waiting list.
I need some thing between 4 to 6 weeks
No not NHS. There are loads out there online… if you can’t find any private medical insurance let me know I’ll recommend mine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wallg123: 8:38pm On Mar 27
ReesheesuKnack:

From my own experience, this may not work.
Insurance covers issues (ailments) which are New, not pre-existing ailments.
It works you just have to tell the truth. They’ll also get in touch with your GP to know exactly what they are signing up for. Thou premium might be high but it would be cost effective if you have to stay on prolonged medical treatments
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 8:49pm On Mar 27
Read extensively for those seeking band 3 nhs sponsorship

https://www.nhsemployers.org/articles/impacts-changes-uk-immigration-policy?utm_campaign=1667409_NHS%20Workforce%20Bulletin%3A%2025%20March%202024&utm_medium=email&utm_source=NHS%20Confederation&dm_i=6OI9,ZQKX,4A1F5H,4GV5D,1
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 9:59pm On Mar 27
hustla:

Naija, everyone is just looting, no one is sensible enough to care about the future or even plan for it

Lord Lugard's excerpt about Nigeria and Africans still holds true several years after

His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future or grief for the past. His mind is far nearer to the animal world than that of the European or Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals' placidity and want of desire to rise beyond the state he has reached.
Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future

No lies detected.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 10:24pm On Mar 27
Who get putin phone number make una tell am o.

Make everybody know wetin dem dey do o.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Controlv: 10:57pm On Mar 27
Tier4Dependant:

https://www.nhsemployers.org/articles/impacts-changes-uk-immigration-policy?utm_campaign=1667409_NHS%20Workforce%20Bulletin%3A%2025%20March%202024&utm_medium=email&utm_source=NHS%20Confederation&dm_i=6OI9,ZQKX,4A1F5H,4GV5D,1

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the inflation pay for 24/25 will push the B3 pay to 23,500 if awarded at 3%.

London should get ready for those of us on B6 that couldn't get the COS before April 4 due to Trusts policy of issuing COS 3 months to current visa expiry.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Tier4Dependant: 11:23pm On Mar 27
Controlv:

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the inflation pay for 24/25 will push the B3 pay to 23,500 if awarded at 3%.

London should get ready for those of us on B6 that couldn't get the COS before April 4 due to Trusts policy of issuing COS 3 months to current visa expiry.

Exactly my point, I’m not really bothered cos I believe the agenda for change 24/25 will push band 3 entry pay to at least more than £23,200

Hopefully by June/July the new pay rate for nhs should be out
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:56am On Mar 28
LORETA:

Thanks,
I have called and they are scheduling an appiontment with a gynecologist in a NHS hospitil..but it will be private funded by me..says consultation fee is 210 pounds, but not necessary to come with the money ..

Goodluck and best of luck .........👍

Yes, the bill would forwarded to you by post & e-mail......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:45am On Mar 28
hustla:

Nigeria sha

I wonder if it will ever work

It will never work with the vagabonds in power.

We need people like sowore. He can only get there with the movement of the people without that we will keep running in circle.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:47am On Mar 28
hustla:

... And Nigeria Air... Paid $600,000 for a logo... Something you can design with photoshop or Canva

Sometimes when people blame neo colonialism for Nigeria's woes, i just dey think to dash them slap
Neo colonialism is part of it. Where are all the looted funds going. Youkay, France, America. Some of our politicians are even big donors to uk universities.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:57am On Mar 28
lastkingsman:

The problem with Nigeria is corruption with impunity. Every senior ranking public official knows you can steal billions and get away with it. Worst case scenario is you lose your job or you are told to return some percentage.

Accountant General diverted 109bn Naira and efcc later claimed they recovered 30bn Naira. So my guy is still in 79bn Naira profit and today he's a free man enjoying his loots quietly.

How about the recent REB director wey corner 12bn Naira and was later sacked? Nothing will happen to him I can assure you. Betta Edu and her predecessor Hajia and co.

The looting that have left that country since 1970 is estimated to be around 600bn USD, enough to fix our infrastructure deficit (power, refinery, road, ports, hospitals, schools, railway and so on) and make us productive

I wept for my country. Sometimes I think there is something in the African brain that just makes us greedy.

Corruption issue run across African countries from Ghana, Uganda just name it .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 2:06am On Mar 28
Ran an eligibility check, got approved by Natwest for 19months 0% purchase and balance transfer card. My question now is:

Does that our pattern of using around 30 - 35% credit limit still applies to this type of card??

Or one can use everything and pay within the time frame.

Want to know before I proceed with the application or make I just leave the thing and go my way. Cos if that credit card limit apply, then na bank loan go favour me.

Abeg who de awake make e help me answer this question.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 2:08am On Mar 28
hustla:

The wayray no kuku lie
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:43am On Mar 28
Chreze:
Ran an eligibility check, got approved by Natwest for 19months 0% purchase and balance transfer card. My question now is:

Does that our pattern of using around 30 - 35% credit limit still applies to this type of card??

Or one can use everything and pay within the time frame.

Want to know before I proceed with the application or make I just leave the thing and go my way. Cos if that credit card limit apply, then na bank loan go favour me.

Abeg who de awake make e help me answer this question.

That 30% usage, is simply a guide...... I personally, totally ignore that usage limit........😂

Rule of thumb : Don't over leverage yourself..... Use what you can easily and conveniently payback..... Simple.....😜😁

My credit score might drop a bit, but when it rises..... It goes up like the rod of Moses (I have never missed a payment + never gone over my limits)..... This 2 factors, are the koko.......😁

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Chreze(m): 4:30am On Mar 28
Lexusgs430:

That 30% usage, is simply a guide...... I personally, totally ignore that usage limit........😂

Rule of thumb : Don't over leverage yourself..... Use what you can easily and conveniently payback..... Simple.....😜😁

My credit score might drop a bit, but when it rises..... It goes up like the rod of Moses (I have never missed a payment + never gone over my limits)..... This 2 factors, are the koko.......😁

Cool. The highest I have used in a card is 50%. But that was cos the said card was £500 limit.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:13am On Mar 28
It's the election season, time to start promising everything, promisable........😁😭😂

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 6:50am On Mar 28
hustla:

This is pseudoscientific nonsense.

The state of mind described here would be the same for any group of people with the same lack of education/exposure, and whose horizons and ambitions were limited as a result. People like Lugard said the same about indigenous people everywhere else from America to Australia, etc. It’s part of the MO of conquerors to dehumanize those they conquer to justify their actions. Civilizations like the Mongols also likely held similar ideas about how much better they were than the other countries when they ruled half the world, but now they’re a tiny inconsequential country.

People from the former colonies are increasingly occupying high positions in politics, business, professional fields and everywhere else in the UK and elsewhere, including an outsized contingent from Nigeria, so it’s clearly not about anything in the brain and about the society and the education, rule of law and other factors that keep people in line.

Much as I hate to cite colonialism, fact is that the forced mashup of several groups in Nigeria is a major reason for the inability to have a cohesive national front to tackle issues. Britain with just 4 ethnic groups has had civil wars among them, with the most recent just a few decades ago although they cleverly call it ‘the Troubles’ and not a civil war. Till just last month governance was paused in Northern Ireland because of underlying ethno-religious disputes under the guise of parties not being able to agree (although if it was in Africa they’d say it was ‘tribal warring). So isn’t it logical that Nigeria is struggling more? I don’t think that excuses the people in power and us as Nigerians in general but it’s important to put issues in context and not take to simplistic assessments just because they sound witty.

To be clear I’m not disputing your right to believe you as an individual ‘African native’ are far nearer to the animal world and do not have ambition and all the rest o - feel free to internalize and work with that, I’m saying it’s not true for the generality of Africans.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Santa2: 7:04am On Mar 28
Lexusgs430:

[/b]
Any main credit with even 100% Apr ...... It does not matter....... Simply get another balance transfer card with 0%, and move balance....... 😉

Clear balance within the 24/36 months....... Bob's your uncle..... 😂

@Lexusgs430 Bros..no vex say I wan ask question like 5 year old pikin, my people say person wey dey ask question no dey loss. cheesy. Assuming I have a £10,000 limit AMex credit card, And I spend 4k on the card, I just simply get a balance transfer card with 0% and move the 4k spent to it right? I dont spend on the amex again and close the amex card??

assuming the above is correct, on the balance transfer card, can I spend more than the 4k transferred. (would the balance transfer card come with its own limit?)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:52am On Mar 28
Santa2:

@Lexusgs430 Bros..no vex say I wan ask question like 5 year old pikin, my people say person wey dey ask question no dey loss. cheesy. Assuming I have a £10,000 limit AMex credit card, And I spend 4k on the card, I just simply get a balance transfer card with 0% and move the 4k spent to it right? I dont spend on the amex again and close the amex card??

assuming the above is correct, on the balance transfer card, can I spend more than the 4k transferred. (would the balance transfer card come with its own limit?)

The balance transfer card, comes with it's own limit....... If you pay off Amex, don't close AMEX(simply hide it away)....... 🤣😁

Let's assume your BT card comes with £8K limit, you still have £4K to blow (blow it wisely)..... If not, apply for another BT card, and keep moving....... 😜

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by makazona(m): 8:35am On Mar 28
Tier4Dependant:

My questions:
1. Does this apply to NHS staff/candidates ONLY?

2. If it applies to ALL Carers and Senior Carers, does that mean people in this category can still bring their dependants, still change employer (of course within the same SOC) and extend their visa?

I have been arguing with some persons about this interpretation.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Poanan: 8:59am On Mar 28
lastkingsman:

Failed policies (Fuel and FX subsidies) are what they have fully brought back.

Lebanon dollar tumble from 1,500 to 15,000 in three weeks because they used their reserves to defend their currency.

This Tinubu's govt is playing with fire.

Lol i am not a fan of Tinubu but thia is yhe best he can do. Ours was already falling wihout defending the naira. Lebanon defaulted on its foreign debt. They went and issued a bond in foreign currency and time to pay they couldnt pay. So there was nothing they could do than to devalue their currency. That is one of the downsides of issuung bond in a currency you do not own. Coming to exchange rate regimes practised by variious countries, they practice what works best on them. It is not cast on stone that it most be a free float to get things right. If u look at Saudi, uae and see what they practise u will understand. Nigeria gets nore forex from Treasury bill than crude oil. E shock u abi? Ask some people in certain dept in cbn from supervisoru grade above or even slme people u SEC who moved from cbn. They cant come out to say it. But even as an outsider u will see it that in recent times since the govt tried to reflect the interest rate in the money market to a great extent, that there receuved more forex in one month than what they received through out the previous year. The reason is because foreigners are invested in that money market which guatantees steady supply of forex that will be used to defend naira. Our problem is more of coruption than the economic model we practise. If naira is defended and fuel subsidised i dont think it is too much. Just watch bow those your very rich uncles will start travelling to japan to do business. Business my foot. If i enter that matter the post will be overly long .

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 9:51am On Mar 28
May i exclude my past and future generations from this incredibly racist description. You may accept it for yourself, i have no problem with that.

As he was writing this s**t about us, his people were pooing in the Thames. Infact ,during summer,the thames smelled so
Much that parliament had to be suspended. Children as young as 3 years old were put to work among other barbaric practices.

Not planning for the future is a common failing in bad leaders of every race.
Infact, the current housing crisis in the UK can be linked directly to this .
I hope it wont be long before Kogi state renames its government house (currently its called Lugard house). This man should be confined to the soakaway of history.

hustla:

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 10:01am On Mar 28
Can you just imagine? I was almost shaking with rage as i was replying both at the nincompoop (lugard)who said the thing and the gentleman agreeing with him.

Dude , i am exceptionally gifted and successful . My colour has absolutely nothing to do with my abilities. Thats how i was raised.
Gosh.
Goodenoch:

This is pseudoscientific nonsense.

The state of mind described here would be the same for any group of people with the same lack of education/exposure, and whose horizons and ambitions were limited as a result. People like Lugard said the same about indigenous people everywhere else from America to Australia, etc. It’s part of the MO of conquerors to dehumanize those they conquer to justify their actions. Civilizations like the Mongols also likely held similar ideas about how much better they were than the other countries when they ruled half the world, but now they’re a tiny inconsequential country.

People from the former colonies are increasingly occupying high positions in politics, business, professional fields and everywhere else in the UK and elsewhere, including an outsized contingent from Nigeria, so it’s clearly not about anything in the brain and about the society and the education, rule of law and other factors that keep people in line.

Much as I hate to cite colonialism, fact is that the forced mashup of several groups in Nigeria is a major reason for the inability to have a cohesive national front to tackle issues. Britain with just 4 ethnic groups has had civil wars among them, with the most recent just a few decades ago although they cleverly call it ‘the Troubles’ and not a civil war. Till just last month governance was paused in Northern Ireland because of underlying ethno-religious disputes under the guise of parties not being able to agree (although if it was in Africa they’d say it was ‘tribal warring). So isn’t it logical that Nigeria is struggling more? I don’t think that excuses the people in power and us as Nigerians in general but it’s important to put issues in context and not take to simplistic assessments just because they sound witty.

To be clear I’m not disputing your right to believe you as an individual ‘African native’ are far nearer to the animal world and do not have ambition and all the rest o - feel free to internalize and work with that, I’m saying it’s not true for the generality of Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:01am On Mar 28
lastkingsman:

Kwakwakwa. Bobo Chicago carry his Lagos boys fix everywhere. grin

Anyways, me don enter observation mood now.

Don't worry, tinubu just instituted an economic committee........ It consists of many successful business people and very few economist/international advisers, the same successful business people, that lead the destruction, are tasked to find a solution ..........😜😁

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by deept(m): 10:02am On Mar 28
Poanan:

Lol i am not a fan of Tinubu but thia is yhe best he can do. Ours was already falling wihout defending the naira. Lebanon defaulted on its foreign debt. They went and issued a bond in foreign currency and time to pay they couldnt pay. So there was nothing they could do than to devalue their currency. That is one of the downsides of issuung bond in a currency you do not own. Coming to exchange rate regimes practised by variious countries, they practice what works best on them. It is not cast on stone that it most be a free float to get things right. If u look at Saudi, uae and see what they practise u will understand. Nigeria gets nore forex from Treasury bill than crude oil. E shock u abi? Ask some people in certain dept in cbn from supervisoru grade above or even slme people u SEC who moved from cbn. They cant come out to say it. But even as an outsider u will see it that in recent times since the govt tried to reflect the interest rate in the money market to a great extent, that there receuved more forex in one month than what they received through out the previous year. The reason is because foreigners are invested in that money market which guatantees steady supply of forex that will be used to defend naira. Our problem is more of coruption than the economic model we practise. If naira is defended and fuel subsidised i dont think it is too much. Just watch bow those your very rich uncles will start travelling to japan to do business. Business my foot. If i enter that matter the post will be overly long .

abeg enter the matter make we know whatsapp
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lastkingsman: 10:02am On Mar 28
Poanan:

Lol i am not a fan of Tinubu but thia is yhe best he can do . Ours was already falling wihout defending the naira. Lebanon defaulted on its foreign debt . They went and issued a bond in foreign currency and time to pay they couldnt pay. So there was nothing they could do than to devalue their currency. That is one of the downsides of issuung bond in a currency you do not own. Coming to exchange rate regimes practised by variious countries, they practice what works best on them. It is not cast on stone that it most be a free float to get things right. If u look at Saudi, uae and see what they practise u will understand. Nigeria gets nore forex from Treasury bill than crude oil. E shock u abi? Ask some people in certain dept in cbn from supervisoru grade above or even slme people u SEC who moved from cbn. They cant come out to say it. But even as an outsider u will see it that in recent times since the govt tried to reflect the interest rate in the money market to a great extent, that there receuved more forex in one month than what they received through out the previous year. The reason is because foreigners are invested in that money market which guatantees steady supply of forex that will be used to defend naira. Our problem is more of coruption than the economic model we practise. If naira is defended and fuel subsidised i dont think it is too much. Just watch bow those your very rich uncles will start travelling to japan to do business. Business my foot. If i enter that matter the post will be overly long .

If this is the best Tinubu can do, then we are finished.

Have you checked Nigeria recent debt servicing to revenue ratio? Just check it and get back to me.

CBN rate is 1400/$ but they are selling $$$ at 1260/$ to BDC. Isn't that madness? Is using FX reserves to defend currency value sustainable? That's my concern

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (531) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: LaXxOnebody(m), Lexusgs430, seunoj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.