Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,014 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (462396 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (534) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 11:14pm On Apr 17
Christabeliciou:
Hello Gurus in the house.

Please I need guidance on visiting the US for a vacation..

2022 while I was in Nigeria tourists visa for vacation was denied.

Currently, I am in the UK as a skilled worker for a year now, I want to visit the US for a vacation, what and what do I need.

Do I still go on a tourist visit on vacation or conference, if it's conference, then what conferences will relate to my kind of job as a skilled worker for Health Care Assistant/Support worker.
So I don't really know what the US embassy wants.

I don't know if i am not doing the right thing with the DS160 form as expected.

Please your suggestion and opinions will count. Thanks

You're over thinking this.
No need to create a reason to travel just to get rhe visa.
If you're going for vacation then put the details in the DS160 form.

Then get bank statement and proof of your right to atay in the Uk , employer, brp etc. That's it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 12:39am On Apr 18
okposm:

I dont know the HR never met them for a day. They never called directly. Even during documentation i dont think any of them attended to me. If the hr is in that building i dont know the floor. If they call hr those ones will say they need staff number. I dont want them to come and meet to remind me of data policy issues. it is not spie work but as with most govt dept deal with the public. I have started looking for another house.
The landlord wrote something that looks like i am lying.

I will call them up tomorrow to see if they are good with the info they have. Assuming i have a payslip, i would have just blurred some parts and send it to them.

Asking for evidence of employment/reference is what most landlords would request moreso for a sought after property.

It takes alot to evict a non-paying tenant hence estate agents/landlords want to get it right.

Whoever handled your employment should be able to advise or provide you a letter. Even if na mi5 you dey work, they'd have a cover department they can use as such requests are largely common place.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 2:00am On Apr 18
Viruses:

The employers should go through the normal route and provide Tier-2 sponsorship for the nanny and be ready to meet all employment conditions or simply get a nanny here.

This childcare thing touch everybody here including citizens, that is part of why their population is not growing astronomically like back home.

If given the chance, the slavery many people here will practice will be worse than those of olden days.

It’s a programmed country if you are not careful you will end up in their simulated loop.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 2:15am On Apr 18
okposm:

Thanks. I have started looking for another house. The checks are just too much for that type of house. They ran a credit check, They sent reference to landlord. Never defaulted not even by a day. That should be enough comfort. The deposit is 2/3 of rent. Now the landlord is stating issues like i lied i work in the civil service. That's too much. Someone trying to call me a thief even after I made a proposal for them to view the contract when i come to their office.

I will call them up if they are okay with what was provided and if not, they should refund me my holding deposit.

Run oo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 4:21am On Apr 18
lavida001:

They are world power as a result of stealing, and starting propaganda in other nations because they don’t want white people to suffer. Right.

Let’s call the US for what they are pls.

That's a different discussion entirely.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 4:24am On Apr 18
Lexusgs430:

Someone I personally know brought a lady from Nigeria, he even encouraged me to do same(me wey be street boy, I refused).......

After the church, African store whisper enter the nanny head finish, she pulled a fast one on them.......

The case went on for almost 13 month's, after all said and done........

Husband was sentenced to 36 months, wife chop 45 months sentence..........

NB: If you love your sanity and freedom, don't ever think of importing a Nigerian nanny...... 🙄😂

Human beings are just wicked anyhow.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 4:29am On Apr 18
Zahra29:

Or maybe both the UK government and universities should take lessons from their European neighbours , such as Germany , where tuition fees are free or very heavily subsidised for their citizens.

But where would this subsidy come from?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 4:37am On Apr 18
Thewritingnerd:
Use CV library. Google Cv library, sign up and add your cv.

This CV library really did you well ooo, I've seen you recommend them like three times already...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 8:37am On Apr 18
ehizario2012:

But where would this subsidy come from?

As I've mentioned a few times, this was the status quo until the Tory government increased the fee cap as soon as they came into government.

I agree that it would be very difficult as the increased fee cap has been in place now for about 12 years I think - however it's not impossible. If Germany and others can manage it then it's just a case of whether it's seen as a big enough priority.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Abuja1914: 8:39am On Apr 18
A ver pleasant morning to everyone. Please, which insurance company gives the cheapest car insurance quote.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 8:53am On Apr 18
Abuja1914:
A ver pleasant morning to everyone. Please, which insurance company gives the cheapest car insurance quote.

Insurance quotes are usually individualised...... Go skippy could give me cheap insurance, but almost want to drain all your future earnings.........😂

Loads of factors are considered, when a quote is requested.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 10:12am On Apr 18
Use this link
https://www.biometric-residence-permit.service.gov.uk/not-arrived/post-office-collect

You will be sent an email to inform you that it has arrived at the post office or to let you know if there is any issue with your BRP.

taalas:
@Thewritingnerd and everyone, I arrived in the UK on the 10th of April and this is the 3rd time I have gone to the post office for BRP collection but its not yet arrived. My employer needs my share code for necessary checks before I can take up my role with them. Please any tips on how to go round it or contact home office. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 10:16am On Apr 18
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68828054.amp

Scary!

Basically selling decisions and reaching out to applicants directly.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Apr 18
LaXxOnebody:

Scary!

A bad egg would always exist........ This worker go chop beans....... 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BIGme: 10:51am On Apr 18
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by divinegrace4me: 11:05am On Apr 18
Hi Zahra29,

Please i need your clarification on this.

Please do a starting salary of £34,789 for a job with Occupation Code 3314 qualify for a skilled worker visa.

because I perceive a difference in salary rates for the standard going rate of £30,960 (£15.88 per hour) and the lower going rate of £35,000 (£17.95 per hour) on the government website.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-going-rates-for-eligible-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-going-rates-for-eligible-occupation-codes

The organisation in question provides sponsorship.

I just wanted to know before accepting the offer.

Please, I'll await your further clarification on this.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 11:16am On Apr 18
I hope they review this person's case files. Would the person alosnhabe denied applicants who refused to pay or couldn't afford it?

Lexusgs430:

A bad egg would always exist........ This worker go chop beans....... 😂
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mcolaboi(m): 11:38am On Apr 18
Please can some share the link for uk student visa application group .
quote author=LaXxOnebody post=129503006]I hope they review this person's case files. Would the person alosnhabe denied applicants who refused to pay or couldn't afford it?

[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:06pm On Apr 18
The economic reality right now is different from those times. How will the UK government subsidize uni education to ensure absolutely free costs right now?

In Germany, income tax is higher than in the UK, on top of that income tax, they still pay statutory solidarity surcharge tax. How many people in the UK will happily pay this when they’re already groaning about how much tax they currently pay?

So if UK is to model Germany’s way, who will bear the brunt?
Zahra29:

As I've mentioned a few times, this was the status quo until the Tory government increased the fee cap as soon as they came into government.

I agree that it would be very difficult as the increased fee cap has been in place now for about 12 years I think - however it's not impossible. If Germany and others can manage it then it's just a case of whether it's seen as a big enough priority.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:07pm On Apr 18
Lol yeah it was of great help.
ehizario2012:

This CV library really did you well ooo, I've seen you recommend them like three times already...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 1:12pm On Apr 18
Just 2k. Another nationality (which I shall not mention 💀) in his position would have charged 40k 💀.
LaXxOnebody:

Scary!

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AntiMCU: 3:08pm On Apr 18
divinegrace4me:
Hi Zahra29,

Please do a starting salary of £34,789 for a job with Occupation Code 3314 qualify for a skilled worker visa.

because I perceive a difference in salary rates for the standard going rate of £30,960 (£15.88 per hour) and the lower going rate of £35,000 (£17.95 per hour) on the government website.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-going-rates-for-eligible-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-going-rates-for-eligible-occupation-codes

Thanks

Sent you a PM.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 3:21pm On Apr 18
divinegrace4me:
Hi Zahra29,

Thanks

Hi Divinegrace, for a skilled worker, the salary has to be the higher of £38,700 or the standard going rate, unless you are a new entrant - do you know if you qualify as a new entrant?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 3:30pm On Apr 18
Thewritingnerd:
The economic reality right now is different from those times. How will the UK government subsidize uni education to ensure absolutely free costs right now?

In Germany, income tax is higher than in the UK, on top of that income tax, they still pay statutory solidarity surcharge tax. How many people in the UK will happily pay this when they’re already groaning about how much tax they currently pay?

So if UK is to model Germany’s way, who will bear the brunt?

Not really, the government was still subsidising university education during and in the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis.

The original point was not to argue for absolutely free tuition fees; as I mentioned earlier it was never completely free for all, but rather means tested on household income. Many students did pay something.

The point was to counterbalance the argument for further increasing the home fees tuition cap, which as I tried to explain has already seen an exponential increase compared to previous generations (as recently as only 12 years ago).
Nurses also used to get bursaries to study which encouraged many into the profession.

If the UK government decides to reinstate the nursing bursaries or subsidise tuition fees for all or some courses e.g. teaching, STEM, medical degrees etc , to address chronic labour challenges in those sectors, then it's in their gift to do so and I don't see why it should be a problem.

Afterall even the Nigerian government, despite the myriad of economic challenges it faces, still manages to subsidise tuition costs for medical degrees.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 3:55pm On Apr 18
LaXxOnebody:
I hope they review this person's case files. Would the person alosnhabe denied applicants who refused to pay or couldn't afford it?

If they do it'll work both ways and they'll also review any permits that he granted.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ibro99: 4:53pm On Apr 18
Hi great people, please can a visa holder buy and hold stocks and shares? Will that be perceived as a form of trading or investment? Also, if one can and the dividend exceed £500 does it mean one has to file a tax return (will this then become a business?)?

Will appreciate your responses. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by divinegrace4me: 6:53pm On Apr 18
Bro I'm trying to send you an email, but it's not going through. Can you send me your email?
AntiMCU:

Sent you a PM.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by divinegrace4me: 7:04pm On Apr 18
Thanks for getting back. I know that for a skilled worker visa, the salary has to be £38,700. But the standard going rate for this particular job occupation is £30,960 on the government websites for visa-going rates for eligible occupations.

I don't know if I qualify as a new entrant; I'm on a graduate visa { dependant}.

Zahra29:

Hi Divinegrace, for a skilled worker, the salary has to be the higher of £38,700 or the standard going rate, unless you are a new entrant - do you know if you qualify as a new entrant?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 7:18pm On Apr 18
Good day everyone. Please I need your guidance on the issue below:

I want to travel to Czech Republic from UK but there is no direct flight from Manchester. So we ve resolved to go through Vienna, then follow train to Czech Republic and follow same route when return.

My question is: which visa should I apply for? Is it Vienna or Czech Republic.

Thanking you all in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 7:29pm On Apr 18
elengine:
Good day everyone. Please I need your guidance on the issue below:

I want to travel to Czech Republic from UK but there is no direct flight from Manchester. So we ve resolved to go through Vienna, then follow train to Czech Republic and follow same route when return.

My question is: which visa should I apply for? Is it Vienna or Czech Republic.

Thanking you all in advance.

Where exactly are you going to in Czechia? EasyJet and Ryan Air have direct flights from Manchester to Prague.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 7:53pm On Apr 18
divinegrace4me:
Thanks for getting back. I know that for a skilled worker visa, the salary has to be £38,700. But the standard going rate for this particular job occupation is £30,960 on the government websites for visa-going rates for eligible occupations.

I don't know if I qualify as a new entrant; I'm on a graduate visa { dependant}.

Ah ok, you don't qualify as a new entrant as you're the dependant but your spouse does

Every occupation has its standard going rate. Some going rates are higher than £38,700 and some are less.

To qualify for a skilled visa, the salary offered must be the greater amount. So for your occupation code, £38,7000 is greater than the standard going rate of £30,960 so this is what the job must pay to be sponsored. It basically means that 38,700 is the minimum. Some occupation codes have standard going rates as high as £50 - 60k - which is what the role would have to pay to be sponsored.

I hope this makes sense.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 8:11pm On Apr 18
Peerielass:

Where exactly are you going to in Czechia? EasyJet and Ryan Air have direct flights from Manchester to Prague.

I'm going to Brno.

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (534) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: BuildingProject, lavida001, Uk2020 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.